Chapter 3: Hanging Out With BlackPink and WINNER

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"OMG! It's The Toxins!" Rosé exclaimed as she approached us, still not believing whether she was seeing us for real.

"Sam, hit me right now because I'm seeing Rosé and I feel like I'm dreaming," said Mike as he started to rub his eyes.

I rubbed his shoulder gently and then hit him so hard that he yelled.

"Ouch! What did you do that for?" Mike asked as he rubbed his shoulder and looked at me.

"Would you prefer I slapped you in the face instead?" I asked.

Rosé with the rest of BlackPink giggled at what happened. I looked at my brother and I could clearly see him blushing.

"Is this really for real!" Zoey asked excitedly as she jumped. "It's really BlackPink!"

"Oh, gosh!" said Christine. "This is so cool!"

"Pretty awesome if you ask me," said Daniel. "I still can't believe it myself."

"We also feel the same," said Jisoo as she came up to us and she had a wide smile on her face.

"I am such a big fan of you guys!" said Jennie.

"Same here," I said.

"Me too!" Lisa exclaimed excitedly.

"Mike has a crush on you, Jennie," Daniel blurted out all of the sudden.

"What! No, I don't!" Mike turned to look at his brother angrily.

"Yes, you do."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, he does," said Christine as she turned to address Jennie.

"So cute," said Jennie as she smiled at Mike. "Just so you know, I also like you too."

"Mike has finally got a girlfriend," said TOP.

"Ya, he does," said Zoey as she smiled with glee at Mike. "Hallelujah!"

"Stop mocking me, you guys," said Mike. "It's so not funny anymore."

The BlackPink members couldn't help but smile at Mike and I for one could clearly see how embarrassed and shy he was.

"Okay, guys, enough," I said. "I think Mike has had enough for one day, don't you think?"

"It's not wrong being a fan boy, isn't it?" TOP asked.

"No, it's not." I turned to look at TOP. "But let's not forget that we have an agenda."

All eyes were on me and when I looked at each of The Toxins, I could clearly see they were confused.

"What agenda?" Christine asked.

"You know," I said, trying not to blurt out to BlackPink and the receptionist who was looking at us that WINNER were waiting for us outside. "The agenda we made some time ago upstairs."

It was then that realisation hit The Toxins and they were all nodding their heads and saying things at the same time in agreement.

"I remember now," said Daniel. "Ya, we better get going."

"Where are you all heading?" Lisa asked.

"Ummm, we were just planning to go back to the hotel," I said. "Since we're done with practise. TOP is willing to drive us there."

"Well, that's not nice," said Rosé as she pouted her lip and folded her arms. She looked like a cute angry little girl. "We get to meet you guys for the first time and we don't get to hang out? That's pretty unfair, don't you think?"

"So true," said Jisoo. "Why don't we all hang out?"

This just got tough. On one hand, we are trying to hide the fact that we already made plans to hang out with WINNER and worse off, without Yang Hyun-suk's consent. And now, BlackPink also want to hang out with us, and "still" without their manager's consent. I had to think of something.

I scratched my head. "Mmm, to be honest, I'm not sure if your manager will like it that we are all hanging out. He would freak out, don't you agree?"

"Why?" Jennie asked. "It's not like you're dangerous to be around with, are you?"

I rolled my eyes and muttered,"you've no idea."

"Our manager clearly classifies us as dangerous," said Zoey.

"Like we are weapons of ultimate destruction," said Daniel.

"He also calls us monkeys because we're too hard to handle," said Christine.

"But just because he calls us monkeys, doesn't mean we're weapons of destruction," said Mike. "We mess up, ya, but destruction is a different thing."

"Wow, Mike, really smart," said Jennie as she giggled.

"Thank you." Mike smiled confidently.

"Well, I would advise that you don't hang out with them," said TOP. "They are bad to be around with."

"That's not what Seungri oppa said some days ago," said Rosé. "He said they are fun to hang out with. So, we want to hang out with them too."

I wanted to slap my face in annoyance but I ended up looking at TOP, giving him the eye. TOP shrugged his shoulders knowing that I was blaming him for Seungri's mess. Seungri had a big mouth, that's for sure.

"I think it will be a good idea to hang out," said Zoey. I looked at her.

"But, Zoey.....," she interrupted me before I could finish.

"Come on, Sam, think about it," she said. "We don't know how long until we finally decide to go back home and this might be the only time to hang out with BlackPink. We finally get to hang out with girls for once instead of guys all the time."

"I agree," said Daniel.

"Me too," said Christine.

I looked at Mike and he was looking back at me. He finally cleared his throat.

"I also agree," he said finally.

It looked like I had no choice. WINNER were waiting for us outside and would probably be wondering what's taking us so long. And also, Zoey did have a point. We might never know when we will ever hang out with BlackPink.

"Fine, let's go," I said.

"Yes!" everyone exclaimed so happily and I was soon huddled up with hugs from my group and surprisingly from BlackPink too. TOP stood there, looking on.

"You're so going to get into trouble," said TOP as he shook his head.

"I know," I said after everyone stopped hugging me. "Remember the question you asked me before I walked into the lobby, the one I never answered?"

"Ya. What about it?"

I smiled at TOP. "Follow me and we will talk."

I started to walk out of the lobby and the others followed. We found ourselves walking across the car park and we stopped right next to TOP's car. I looked at TOP, then at his car, telling him with my eyes to open the door.

"What are you up to?" TOP asked.

"We're going to pack our gym bags in your car and go hang out with BlackPink," I answered.

"But that doesn't answer my question."

"What question?" Jisoo asked.

"Just like we want to hang out with you guys, we also planned to hang out with WINNER," I said, as I looked at Jisoo.

The four BlackPink members suddenly looked confused.

"Wait, WINNER are here too?" Jennie asked.

"Ya. That was the agenda Sam was talking about," said Christine.

"Oh," said Lisa as she slowly nodded her head. "Won't that get us into even bigger trouble?"

"That's what I told Sam," said TOP as he looked at me. "When the fans see you guys hanging out, they will take pictures and post them all over social media."

"I already know that and that's why we will just let it be," I said. "Now open the door to your car so that we can leave our gym bags in there."

"Are you hearing yourself right now?" TOP asked. He looked really surprised. "You agree that you would rather get in trouble with our managers or what?"

I tried to put a smile on my face. "If you've a little faith in me, you'll see what I mean."

"I don't know if I should trust you on this one, Sam. Remember what happened that day at the Arts Centre because of your plan? You would have gotten hurt."

"What plan?" Jennie asked as she looked at TOP and then at me.

"Don't ask," said Zoey as she rubbed the back of her neck. "It's a long story."

"Don't bring that up again, will you?" I asked as I looked sternly at TOP. "What I mean is that we don't have to hide from our managers that we have already met. We'll make it look like we all met by coincidence."

"And how are you going to do that?" TOP asked.

"We already have our fans to do that, don't we?" I asked with my eyebrow raised. "Pictures will be posted all over social media and once our managers see that we have already met, there's simply nothing they can do about it."

"Sounds like a swell idea to me," said Mike. "With the photos that will be circulating, it will all seem like we met by coincidence and just decided to hang out. Brilliant, Sam."

"I also love the idea," said Jennie.

And everyone else seemed to agree. I smiled at the positive response I got and I turned to look at TOP who looked at me with amazement. He shook his head and smiled.

"You never seize to amaze me," said TOP. "Looks like you win on this one. Again."

"Sam is just so smart," said Jisoo. "All this looks like it's going to work out just fine."

"We better get going, shall we?" I asked. "These guys have been waiting too long outside the gate."

After the four Toxins and I had packed our bags in TOP's car, we soon headed for the gate and the guard standing by, opened it for us. When we all walked out of the premises, standing close by were WINNER. And by the looks on their faces, they must have grown quiet impatient with all the waiting.

"What took you guys so......?" Seunghoon was about to ask but immediately he saw BlackPink, he stopped his sentence short. "What are they doing here?"

"They are the ones who took us so long to get here," said Christine.

"For a moment, I thought it was our manager," said Seungyoon looking surprised.

"No, they will be hanging out with us too," I said.

"Huh? No, they won't," said Mino, as he shook his head.

Lisa had her hands on her hips. "Yes, we will."

"The Toxins already made plans to hand out with us first," said Seunghoon. "So I don't get why you would want to join us. We're already way too many, don't you agree?"

"I agree," said Seungyoon.

"Me too," said Jinwoo.

"It's not fair that you get to hang out them just because you want to," said Jennie.

"We met them first," said Mino mockingly. "You snooze, you lose."

Jisoo stomped her foot angrily on the ground. "Well, that's not very nice!"

"Guys, stop!" I said as I decided to intervene. "Fighting isn't going to get us anywhere."

"Well, they are fighting over us," said Daniel as he smirked.

"You're not helping, Daniel." I turned to look at my brother.

"Sorry." He shrugged his shoulders. "I couldn't help it."

"Look, guys," I turned to face them. "I know we planned to hang out with WINNER first....."

The four WINNER members were smiling thinking they might have won this round, but they were in for a surprise.

"....but now that BlackPink are here and want to hang out, we have no choice but to let them join us."

"YES!" The four BlackPink members exclaimed together with the other Toxins. WINNER murmured in disapproval.

"But why, Sam?" Seunghoon asked. "It was supposed to be WINNER and The Toxins. Not WINNER, The Toxins and BlackPink."

"But what can we do?" I asked. "They caught us right before we could leave and they wanted to hang out too. Don't forget, our managers don't even know that we're all here together."

"Ya, but we're too much of a crowd, don't you think?" Jinwoo asked.

"Come on, guys," said Zoey as she came to stand next to me to address WINNER. "It's going to be so much fun. One day it will be just WINNER and The Toxins. Don't worry."

"Whatever," said Seungyoon as he folded his arms and looked upwards at the sky.

I smiled at his cute reaction. "Cheer up," I said. "You'll see that we're going to have a blast."

"That's so true," said Rosé as she came to stand on my other side. "So, what are we waiting for? We better get going before our manager ever gets to look out of his window and sees us all standing outside the gate."

"Oh, boys," I said to WINNER. "There has been a change of plans."

"What plans?" Jinwoo asked.

I told them what I had discussed with the others earlier in the car park about us being discovered by fans so that our managers will think we all met by coincidence. They didn't seem to object to it and said it was a pretty good idea.

"You guys go ahead and have fun," said TOP as he looked like he was about to turn around and head back through the gate. "I'll be heading home since you don't need me around anymore."

"Oh, no, you don't," I said as I quickly turned around and held his hand. "I still need you around."

"Need or want?" he asked as he smiled at m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter