Chapter 37: The Outdoor Movie

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How was it?" Lee asked as she turned to look at us from the front passenger's seat. 

 

"Exhausting," said Zoey as she leaned her head on my shoulder with her eyes closed. 

 

"So exhausting," said Christine as she in turn leaned on Zoey's shoulder. 

 

"But we did make a tremendous amount of progress," said Daniel, yawning afterwards. 

 

"That's good to hear," said Lee with a smile on her face. She looked brighter when I last saw her. Facials do work wonders. 

 

Mike who sat at the back with Daniel yawned, and so did I. He soon asked, "so what reward were you planning to give us, Lee? We did work hard like you told us to." 

 

"Oh, the reward," she turned to look back in front and motioned to the driver with a nod to start the car. "Sam can tell you that." 

 

Zoey and Christine suddenly sat upright at the same time. Despite their tired looks, they looked shocked. I could also feel my brothers give me a glare. I rubbed my eyes, thinking of what to say. The car started to move and left the TS Entertainment premises. 

 

"You knew about the surprise?" Daniel asked. 

 

"Yes, I knew about it," I said. 

 

"Why didn't you tell us earlier?" Zoey asked. 

 

"Because Lee told me not to." 

 

The five of us looked at Lee, who kept looking looking forward. We could tell she didn't want to look at us. 

 

"So what's the surprise?" Mike asked. 

 

"Daesung invited us to watch an outdoor movie in the evening," I answered. 

 

"Really!" Christine and Zoey said in excitement. 

 

I nodded. "Lee saw me reading his text and told me not to tell you until we made progress on the song. Which we did with BAP's help." 

 

"And she made use of this time so that she could go and get herself a facial and manicure," said Zoey, folding her arms and looking at Lee. She still didn't turn around. 

 

"She had a facial?" Mike asked, trying to get a glimpse of Lee. "No wonder she looks so bright." 

 

"I should've one too," said Zoey as she rubbed her hands against her cheeks. "I probably look ugly because of all this tiredness." 

 

"You already do even without looking tired," I heard Mike mutter, loud enough for Zoey to hear. 

 

"I really don't want to argue with you, Mike, so let's leave it for tomorrow." 

 

I raised an eyebrow. That's if she's going to remember. But when you least expect her to, she does. 

 

"I'm glad we got to stay with BAP and work on our songs together," said Daniel. "It really helped." 

 

"Then leaving you there was worth it," said Lee with a little glee in her voice. 

 

"But you went for a facial without me!" Zoey wailed. 

 

Lee finally turned around, shocked at Zoey bailing like a baby. 

 

"You'll have plenty of time to do it later," I said, hoping that she would stop crying. 

 

"But that has to be after the album," Lee made sure to point out. 

 

Zoey cried even louder. If I had duct tape, I would've sealed shut. I looked at her, furrowing my eyebrows. She noticed and soon stopped crying. 

 

"Sorry, Sam," she said as she put her hand over her lips. 

 

"You don't need to make so much noise," I said, looking out of the window. "We're all tired and you doing that is irritating." 

 

"Sam's right," said Mike. "You almost burst my eardrums, Zoey." 

 

"Sorry, everyone," said Zoey, sounding a little embarrassed with herself. 

 

"When we get back home, I'll make sure that we'll have a girl's get-together and go to the spa," said Lee as she looked at Zoey. "How does that sound?" 

 

"That sounds nice," said Zoey, after clearing . 

 

"So what time do we've to meet Daesung for the outdoor movie?" Christine asked. 

 

"Around 8:30 PM," I answered. "That's if I remember correctly. Let me check." 

 

I took my phone out of my pocket, and read Daesung's message out loud for everyone to hear. He did say that he'll come pick us up with Seungri at 8:30. 

 

"That gives us plenty of time to rest," said Daniel. 

 

"I can't wait to lay my head on the pillow," I said as I leaned back in my seat and went on to look out of the window again. 

 

"Same here," said Mike. 

 

"How far did you go with your song?" Lee asked as she went back to looking in front of her. "I hear that you were also working on the instrumental." 

 

"Ya, we are," said Daniel, sounding excited. "And it's all thanks to Bang Yong-guk." 

 

"The guy is just good," Mike admitted. 

 

"If you hear the instrumental, Lee, you'll love it," said Christine. "He's so talented." 

 

"Well, you guys are giving him all the praise," said Lee. 

 

"He deserves it," said Zoey. 

 

"Isn't anyone going to answer my question? How far with your song?" 

 

"We're not quite done yet," I answered. "Hopefully, he can be done with the instrumental tomorrow." 

 

"But you did manage to come up with lyrics, right?" 

 

"We did, surprisingly," I chuckled. "Just needs a little polishing up, that's if the instrumental is done on time." 

 

"That's good to hear. Collins and Yang Hyun-suk will be glad too." 

 

"That's if they will like the instrumental," said Mike. He thought just like I did. 

 

"If you love it, they will too." 

 

The five of us fell silent. Dealing with the managers was another thing all together. 

 

We soon found ourselves approaching the hotel. Some of us were too tired to realise where we were until we saw the building. 

 

"We're finally here," Lee announced as she turned to look at us as soon as the car parked in front of the hotel entrance. 

 

"I feel awfully tired to even move," said Zoey, with her eyes closed. 

 

"Come on, you lazy bum," said Christine, opening the door of the car and stepping out. 

 

Zoey had no choice as she sat upright and heavily dragged herself out. My brothers and I followed right behind her. 

 

We were fortunate enough not to meet fans in the lobby as soon as we walked in. We were too tired, and if they happened to be around, escaping them wouldn't be so easy. We headed for the elevator and went up to our floor. 

 

"Okay, guys," said Lee as soon as she stepped out of the elevator first, "you all can rest and I'll make sure to wake you up at 7:50." 

 

"Sounds good to me," said Zoey, yawning and passing Lee, who stopped in the doorway heading to the lounge. Zoey went straight for our room. I followed right behind her. She opened the door and quickly went in. 

 

Mike, Daniel and Christine went to their respective rooms. I entered the room, closed the door and found Zoey flat-faced on my bed. 

 

"Zoey, please move," I went over to shake her. "This is my bed." 

 

She moaned. "I can't move any longer, Sam," she said. "Just sleep on my bed." 

 

I sat right beside her. "No." I shook her vigorously this time around, until she finally gave in, got up from my bed and went to hers. 

 

I smiled when I kicked off my shoes and lay back. I moved myself further up the bed so as to lay my head onto the pillow. I took the phone from my pocket and placed it aside onto the bed side table. I had my eyes closed at first before opening them to look at Zoey. Just by her deep breathing, I could tell she has already fallen asleep. 

 

My eyes got really heavy and I found myself falling into a deep sleep too. 

 

*** 

 

The sound of my phone ringing jolted me awake. I quickly turned to look at my phone and stretched out my hand to get it. When I checked the caller ID, I felt like muting my phone to continue my sleep. I answered it instead. 

 

"Hello," I muttered, rubbing out the sleep in my eyes with my other hand. 

 

"Oh, my, were you asleep, my little kitty?" came G-Dragon's voice. 

 

"What do you think?" 

 

"I'm sorry about that. I called to check up on you and see how much progress you made on your song since the others couldn't make it." 

 

"We actually made a lot of progress, thanks for asking." 

 

"Lovely to hear. I hear you guys are going for an outdoor movie with Daesung and Seungri." 

 

I my side as I yawned. "Yes, we are. We need something to distract us after such a long day." 

 

"Oh, okay." 

 

There's something about the way he responded that made me raise an eyebrow. He sounded a little disappointed and he tried his best to hide it. He can't fool me. 

 

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked. "You sound a little off." 

 

"Me! No, I'm fine, just fine." 

 

I sighed as I sat up. I yawned. "You know, you can tell me what's bothering you. Something's up." 

 

"No, nothing's up. You must be assuming things out of the blue since you just woke up from your sleep." 

 

I didn't want to force him to say anything, though I am pretty sure something's bothering him. I'll let this one slide for now. 

 

"If you say so," I said. 

 

"I'll leave you to rest, then," he said. "Sorry for bothering you." 

 

"It's fine, GD. You take care." 

 

"You too, my little kitty." 

 

He cut the call and I looked at my phone to check the time. I hadn't slept for long and I still had almost an hour till 7:50. The phone ringing hadn't woken Zoey. I put my phone aside and lay down. I still couldn't let go of G-Dragon's response as I stared at the ceiling. He didn't sound too happy. But over what? Is it the fact that we'll be hanging out with Daesung and Seungri? Didn't seem like it. But what if it is? What am I really missing here? 

 

Maybe you're just imagining things, Sam, I told myself. I guess I read him wrong. I closed my eyes. I can worry about that later, that's if it's really worth thinking about when I wake up. 

 

Lee came to wake us up exactly at 7:50, and getting out of bed proved to be a lot harder than I thought. I turned the other way and removed the pillow under my head to cover my face. 

 

"Come on, Sam," said Lee as I felt her hand on my shoulder. "I need your help waking up Zoey." 

 

I removed the pillow to look up at Lee with sleepy eyes. "Why do I've to do it?" 

 

"Because I've to wake up the others. Come on, you don't want to be late for the movie." 

 

"Alright," I sat up on my bed. Lee immediately walked out of the room. 

 

I wanted to fall back, but resisted as I got up. I approached Zoey's bed and shook her. She's dead asleep. Shaking her isn't going to work. 

 

I looked around the room and noticed an empty glass on her bed side table. I took it and went to the bathroom. I filled it with water from the wash basin and came back into the room. I looked at her when I got close and hoped she wasn't going to hate me for this. I took a bit of water with my hand and sprinkled it on her face. 

 

She moaned upon the water drops hitting her face. She lifted her head as her hand flew to her face to wipe the drops off. 

 

"What's-what's going on?" she muttered. 

 

"It's time to get up, that's what," I said, still holding the cup. 

 

"Already?" She groaned as she dropped her head back onto the pillow. "I feel like I haven't slept." 

 

"Ya, same here. Come on, you hit the showers first." 

 

"No, you go first." Zoey turned. 

 

"If I go, you'll fall right back to sleep and it will be impossible for you to get up." 

 

"No, it won't." 

 

I sighed, putting my other hand on my hip. I looked up at the ceiling then dipped my fingers into the glass and continued to sprinkle water all over Zoey's face. 

 

"Ah!" she shrieked, quickly sitting up. "I'm going, I'm going!" 

 

I smiled at her while she stared at me with an angry look. She can thank me later when we get to the event on time. She got out of bed and stretched herself before heading to the bathroom. 

 

"I'm so going to get you for this," she said before entering the bathroom. 

 

"I know." 

 

Within twenty minutes, Zoey and I were all bathed and dressed. We wondered how the others were doing so we decided to go and check on them. 

 

We went to check on Christine first. We knocked on the door before she told us to come in. 

 

We found her seated on the bed, putting on her favourite white and black Nike sneakers. She wore black slacks and a plain white t-shirt. Looks like she isn't the only one going all casual for the outdoor movie. 

 

"Hey," Christine said when she saw us enter the room. 

 

"Am I the only one going all out with my outfit?" Zoey asked as she turned to look at me. 

 

"What do you mean?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. "You look fine." 

 

She looked at herself and at her behind. She wore a pink shirt dress with black jeggings and black sneakers. If you ask me, that's pretty much casual. 

 

Christine looked at her and shook her head. "You're unbelievable, Zoey," she said. "Is that what you call going all out?" 

 

Before Zoey could make a point, I quickly said, "you know how she is. Just ignore." 

 

Zoey humphed as she went to sit next to Christine. "I was only asking. You don't have to be so mean." 

 

"You make it easy for us to sound mean," said Christine. 

 

"Where's Lee?" I asked Christine. 

 

"She's probably in the lounge. What kind of movie do you think we're going to watch?" 

 

"I hope it's a classic old romantic movie," said Zoey. "The ones in black and white." 

 

"I'm also thinking the same," I said. 

 

"Wait, don't we need to have our own snacks for the movie?" Christine asked. "It's always better that way." 

 

"And we need a picnic basket and other things," said Zoey as she quickly stood up from the bed. "I better go tell Lee. We need those thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter