Chapter 26: The Big Day

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Guys, hurry up, we're going to be late! Get out of bed, right now!"

I could hear Lee in my sleep and for a moment, I thought I was really dreaming about her. It actually took me another second to realise that she was in the hall, telling all of us to wake up. I turned around in my bed and opened my eyes a little. I noticed it was almost dawn when I looked at the window that wasn't completely covered by the curtain. Why was she waking us up so early?

I sat up in my bed and checked my phone that was lying on the small drawer next to my bed. It was 5:30 AM. Goodness, it was way too early. We usually woke up at 6:30.

I looked over at Zoey, who was still fast asleep. Looked like she hadn't heard Lee. I wouldn't want to wake her up at the moment, so, I decided to meet Lee in the hall.

"Morning, Sam," she greeted me when I stepped out into the hall. "I knew you would get my wake up call."

I yawned. "I sure did," I said, still feeling very sleepy. "It's so early. Why are you waking us up at this time?"

"Collins said you should all be early. We have to leave the hotel around 6:30. There's a lot to be done."

"Don't remind me. Today's the big day after all."

As I said those words, it slowly came to mind how important this day is. I was now starting to feel more wide awake.

"Leeeee!" came Daniel's sleepy voice from the room the boys were in. He opened the door and in his blue pyjamas and matching blue slippers, he came into the hall.

"Morning, Daniel," said Lee. "What's wrong? Don't tell me you've come to complain about waking up early."

With sleepy eyes, Daniel looked at Lee before rubbing them and looking at her again. "What do you think?" he asked.

"Yes, I know, you're all so sleepy right now, but aren't you excited about your big day?"

"My big day starts at 6:30, not five."

"Tell that to your manager then. Right now I want you two to wake up your roomies. I'm having a hard time waking Christine up myself."

"Zoey isn't going to like this," I said. "She loves her beauty sleep."

"Mike told me he doesn't want to get out of bed, so, he's a lost cause," said Daniel. "At least I'll get to use the shower before he does."

The three of us all went back to our respective rooms. Now, I had to worry about waking up Zoey.

"Zoey, Zoey!" I shook her when I got to her bed.

"Mmmm, Sam?" she called out to me, though she didn't open her eyes. "What's up? I didn't hear the alarm ring."

"Since when were you ever concerned about the alarm? I'm the one who usually wakes you up."

Zoey turned to the other side, her back facing me. "Not all the time," she replied.

"Come on, get up, we have a big day today. We have to be out of here by 6:30."

"You go ahead and take a bath first. I'll wake up when you're done."

"Okay, if you say so. You better be awake."

"I will. It's a big day after all."

I rolled my eyes at her and went straight to the bathroom. Within fifteen minutes of getting ready, the five of us Toxins met in the lounge to have breakfast at the dining table. We found Collins and Lee already at the table.

"Glad you could be here on time," said Collins as we settled.

"Tell me about it," said Zoey. "I still feel so sleepy."

"We all do," said Lee. "If it were up to me, I seriously wouldn't have woken you up early."

"Let's just eat," I said as I took some toast and poured myself a glass of orange juice. "We have to be on schedule."

"Spoken like me," said Lee with a smile.

"You are all supposed to be excited about today," said Collins as he sipped on his coffee. "It seems like you're not."

"Well, as you can see," said Mike, "we woke up too early."

"And my day starts at 6:30," said Daniel as he took a quick glance at his wrist watch. "It's not even that time yet."

"Okay, we get it," said Collins. "You'll all get enough sleep when this is done."

There was something in his voice that made me think he didn't mean what he said on that last part. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised. He noticed me looking at him. He turned his eyes on me.

"What is it, Sam?" he asked.

"You don't mean what you said, do you?" I asked. "I mean, we can't rest because we have a lot of work to do before we go back home."

"You're right."

"How many more weeks till we leave?" Christine asked.

"Three, if not four," said Collins. "Lee can tell you the right number."

"Apparently, we have three weeks and five days," said Lee. "And if we want this thing with BTW to be successful, we have to get to work immediately."

"Enough about that. Eat up, we have a long day ahead."

And we did just that. It was surprising how much time we had left till we finally go back home. But it wasn't the time to start thinking about it. Today was a special day and we had to make the most of it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter