A Perfect Goodbye

Love In A Hopeless Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

 

"Can you drive faster, please?"

As the black van's approaching, Taeyeon recognized that it's the same car that tried to catch her back a couple of months ago. It must be Jiwoong's. Sooyoung's driving swiftly and tried to lead on by taking some alternative routes. It wasn't her first time in Paris, actually, she visited Paris a lot and enjoyed driving around the city so it's quite easy for her to avoid the follower. Sooyoung turned her car suddenly to 1-2 aisles and parked in a narrow, dark courtyard so that the spies could be fooled. It worked. They lost the track. Sooyoung waited for around five minutes then took a reverse way.
 

"So, Taeyeon... What's your plan?"
"We should hide somewhere."
"Are you sure about that?" Sooyoung glanced at her. "...That your brother would want to kill you." Taeyeon nodded. It seemed that she was thinking harder on what's the next plan. She couldn't even respond to Sooyoung's question. "You can't hide forever. You have to face it. He's your brother after all. I think you both should talk. The more you hide, the more he will win this game." Suddenly, Sooyoung's phone was ringing. It's Jessica. She ordered Taeyeon to pick up and put it on loudspeaker mode while she's driving and looking for a proper place to hide for a while.

 

"Choi Sooyoung... Is Taeyeon there with you?"
"I'm here, Sica. I'm Listening." Taeyeon replied shortly.
"Tae, I got your notes." Her voice was trembling. "I checked it with Yoona and some others, I think that's true that your brother arrived in Paris this morning. He's coming for you." Then, there's a silence from both sides, frustated on what should they be doing. "Tae... I think you have to go back to Korea soon. Try to get protection from your father."
"How could that possible to leave to Korea for now?"
"It's all set already. Just drive to the airport, you have 2 hours from now on." Before even Tiffany could even say anything, Jessica spoke again. "Thanks to you, Sooyoung. Thanks for contacting me earlier. As for Tiffany, I took your stuffs already from Mathieu. And Tae, your passport was still with me. You both are ready to go."
"Thank you, Sica... Thanks for everything."
"Take care of yourself, Tae. See you very soon." She replied. "Sooyoung..."
"Hmm yes?"
"Drive her safely, will you promise me? You know what's the deal."
"I will drive THEM safely. Don't worry." Sooyoung ended the call.

 

'You know what's the deal? What is this? Sooyoung know that she would take herself in trouble while they left Versailles? Was she crazy or what? Why didn't she tell me? So she phoned Jessica while we stopped to fill the gasoline back in Versailles? Am I the only innocent here? It's insane.' Tiffany just couldn't stop throwing questions and fight her own mind. She looked at Sooyoung with a pouting face. She felt betrayed, even though Sooyoung must be doing it for her own sake. For her, it felt like she trapped in a maze blindly.

From the rear-view, Sooyoung could see how Tiffany looked so upset and sad, while she was helpless. When she drove the car from Versailles, she realized there's something fishy so that she called Jessica back then and pushed her to spill out everything. She could just go away, but her love for Tiffany is greater than her fear. After Sunny, she just couldn't let it happen. Tiffany realized that she looked at her and gave her a look back, all through the rear-view. Tiffany was almost crying when Sooyoung mouthed 'You'll be okay' but she held it back and just nodded and gave her a little smile. Sooyoung chose not to respond and back to drive. Suddenly, Taeyeon's voice break the silence.


"Okay, Choi Sooyoung. So how far is the airport from here?"
"We need around an hour to reach CDG." Sooyoung loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter