Selfish

Love In A Hopeless Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Sooyoung threw her bag inside the car and drive to an art gallery as Krystal invited her to pay a visit and have lunch with her. She’s not really an art lover, but to be in a city like Versailles, she felt like trying to look out on anything in the city. The gallery located 10 minutes from her hotel by driving. She parked the car and find Krystal inside.
 

“Hey. Sooyoung! Good morning. You look so fresh today.”
“Good morning! I think being drunk and dancing all night long last night gave me a big impact.” Sooyoung was joking aside. She remembered last night Krystal and she went to a bar in town, a Spanish one. They danced to salsa and tango stuff for the whole night. It was crazy yet fun night. “So… You’re actually into some artsy stuff here. I met some Koreans who like it too, there in Paris.” Krystal looked at her while Sooyoung realized a thing.
“Wait… Do you happen to have a connection with Jessica and Eric? You are all a Jung.”
“Ah… They’re my siblings.” Krystal continued to walk inside while Sooyoung followed her. “What a coincidence that you know them. This gallery, it actually belongs to my brother who just passed away, Eric.”
“I know about your brother. I’m sorry.”
“What’s your problem?”
“What do you mean?”
“It’s Jessica. You must have a problem with.” She laughed cutely Sooyoung gazed at her for a while, realizing how beautiful she is.
“Uhm not really. I just accompanied my friend. She had a business with Jessica.”
“Ah I see… Jessica Unnie… She’s one ambitious woman. All is about business with her. Also, she’s a little manipulative I must say. In a good way.” They both laughed. “While Eric is purely in love with arts. That’s why he built this gallery. It was his dream to build a gallery where everyone can come or contribute. We accommodate some potential street artists here. It was Eric’s idea. And yes, we do sell their arts here.”

 

Sooyoung looked amazed by the time they enter the main area of the gallery. There are lots of paintings on the wall. She looked at it one by one while thinking how generous and also… different Krystal and probably Eric compared to Jessica. They dedicated their life, not to get the money or fame, but their kind of peace of mind: Art. Suddenly, her eyes caught one simple painting hanging on the left wall. It was a painting of 2 kids holding hand and sitting on the grass, up on the hill. She smiled at it, enjoyed the moment every bit of it.

“It seems that you like it.” Krystal broke Sooyoung’s thought.
"It feels... magical to me."
"Wow. Glad you got the feeling for it."
“How much is this painting?”
“Buy me lunch. I’ll wrap that one for you before going back to Paris. Shall we call it a deal?” Krystal winked at her. Sooyoung laughed while scratching her head. After that, she kept on looking at other artworks in the gallery. She really had a great time in Versai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter