Seine River

Love In A Hopeless Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 


 

"Ms. Jung is rarely come here." The servant poured tea to the cups. "Every time she comes back to Paris, she usually stays at the hotel. Or if she ever come back here, she won't give us any notice. Plus, I don't think Eric's wife, Mrs. Jung, ever came here before. They rarely talked."
"Oh..." Sooyoung responded.
"I've been working with this family for the entirety of my life." She smiled warmly.
"Ah so... Now we're a little confused here, Mrs. Kang." Sooyoung kept on responding with a calm gesture.
"When was the last time she came home?" Hyoyeon asked, still accompanying.
"Around a month ago." The old woman still thinking. "Ms. Jung came with a young lady and left after a couple of days."


Tiffany gasped. She realized there was a possibility that a young lady refers to Taeyeon, but Sooyoung questioned first.

"Is this the young lady you mean?" Sooyoung showed Taeyeon's picture to her. The old woman nodded. "Are you sure?" She nodded again, looking so sure about it. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon looked at Tiffany, started to worry about her.
"Thank you so much for your kindness, Mrs. Kang... But if I could ask for your favor, could you please take our phone numbers and let us know if Jessica is home? You can also notice here that we're looking for her." Sooyoung handed over the card. "We're friends from Seoul."
"You could also save my number, Mrs. Kang. Please let me know too." Tiffany finally opened . It was unusual from her. She usually will say things with a warm tonality, but that time, she couldn't hide the fact her mind was so shattered to listen to the old woman's confirmation. Sooyoung stared at her secretly as she kinda could feel the pain bleeding Tiffany at that time.

She held Tiffany's hand while walking out of that house. She moved her face closer to whisper softly.
"Let's come home for now. Don't give up, Fany-ah..."

 

 

 

 

It's 9 PM already in Paris. Sooyoung and Tiffany went back to the hotel after refused Hyoyeon who asked them to go to a night bar. Sooyoung rejected it as she was concerned about a lot of Tiffany. She didn't say a word after today's "hunt". She didn't even want to eat anything since then. Also, Sooyoung felt her whole body aching as she desperately needed to take some rest too.
 

"Maybe I have to move on, Soo. Don't you think?" Tiffany's first words were finally out. Sooyoung took off her jacket and crossed her arms, then sent a smile to Tiffany. "I must look so desperate right now." Tiffany looked down.
"Hey..." Sooyoung rubbed her back softly, but Tiffany didn't budge. "You're worry too much. But yes, maybe she moved on from you, but maybe she's not. I think the most important thing now is to find her. I'm surprised at how you maybe thought it'd be easy, -told ya."
"What if she moved on and really dated Jessica?"
"When you fall in love you can not really choose. But love itself, it's a choice, dear..." Sooyoung looked at her, still smiling. "The only thing you have to worry about is your stomach. You have to eat something, for God sake."
"Can you order me something?"
"Yah? I don't know what do you want to eat."
"Then guess."
"Hmmm... Okay. I'll call Mathieu to bring us my favorite steak in town, since you don't want to move your body." Sooyoung phoned the assistant. "Do you like sous vide steak, Tiff?"
"How do you know I love grilled meat? Steak?" Tiffany didn't respond to the question. Instead, she asked another one.
"I don't know. Intuition, maybe?" Sooyoung left downside to meet Mathieu as she couldn't connect. Tiffany looked at her leaving the room with such a sincere smile. She was thinking of Sooyoung and her kindness, and how lucky she is to have her beside, and everything. Right after the door closed, she woke up from her daydream.

 

Tiffany suddenly felt something weird inside her chest.
Sooyoung just left for around 5 minutes but Tiffany hated it to not be able to see her around.

 

 


 


 

 

It was almost a week since they arrived in Paris and still got no clue or information about Taeyeon, or Jessica. They spent time mostly at the hotel and the situation was getting more awkwardly for Sooyoung as Tiffany looked so devastated day by day. Sooyoung was really thinking if Tiffany is a melancholic type woman. She sipped a cup of hot americano slowly while staring at the scenery through the window. She was wondering how Tiffany's mood was sometimes on and off,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter