Pokemon Radio: Ability Ace (1)

(Best Absolute) Pokemon Trainers

Pokemon Radio: Ability Ace

Hosts: Youngjae and Jongup

******************

Youngjae: Hey, we're here for Ability Ace today! Give it up to our new host, our dear Jonguppie!

Jongup: ...Hi.

Youngjae: Aw, don't be like that. Today's your day, this show's your show!

Petilil: Peti!

Jongup: Today, we are learning about Abilities.

Youngjae: That's right, you go, dude!

Jongup: Every Pokemon has an Ability, which may help or hinder them during battle.

Youngjae: Ooh, like Dry Skin, right?

Jongup: Yes. That is an example of an Ability that may both help and hinder. For Pokemon with Dry Skin, during sunny weather, will take damage, but during rainy weather, it'll heal faster.

Youngjae: Wow, you've really got to watch the weather forecast, eh?

Jongup: Yeah. 

Youngjae: Why don't you take a look at some of our Pokemon's Abilities?

Jongup: Petilil has an Ability called Own Tempo. It won't get confused, not even by moves liked Supersonic or Confuse Ray.

Youngjae: Oh, wow. What about if I use Petal Dance. You know, that move that may confuse the user.

Jongup: No, Own Tempo protects you from that as well.

Youngjae: Wow, cool! Hey, what's your Pokemon's Ability?

Jongup: Helioptile has Sand Veil, and Riolu has Inner Focus. Dewpider has Water Bubble and Snivy has Overgrow.

Youngjae: What do all of that do?

Jongup: ...

Youngjae: Well, sorry I'm dumb you .

Jongup: Sand Veil allows Helioptile to be more agile in sandstorms. It's not particularly useful, but it gets me through battles fine.

Youngjae: Oh wait, Inner Focus is that one that Zubat has too, right? Prevents the Pokemon from flinching?

Jongup: Yes, so moves like Fake Out won't work other than to deal damage.

Youngjae: And...Water Bubble? Protects against Fire-type moves? Isn't that a bit useless because why would anyone attack a Water-type with a Fire-type move?

Jongup: Dewpider is Water-and-Bug type. Fire-type moves would still deal effective damage to it. With Water Bubble, Fire-type moves will be rendered ineffective.

Youngjae: Ah, I see. What about Overgrow? What does that do?

Jongup: It has the same effect as Blaze, Torrent and Swarm, in the sense that it powers up Grass-type moves when Snivy's badly injured.

Snivy: Vy?

Jongup: Not that I would let Snivy's health fall to that point. Blaze, Torrent and Swarm powers up Fire-, Water- and Bug-type moves respectively.

Youngjae: Ooh, this is interesting. Let's keep going! Uh...what about Buneary's Klutz?

Buneary: Bunny! Bun?

Jongup: Klutz is a hindering Ability, I would say. The Pokemon is unable to use held items.

Youngjae: Aw, that , Buneary.

Buneary: Bun? Bun bun!

Youngjae: Ow! Ow! Oh my Arceus, my chin! Ow!

Jongup: The battle can go both ways depending on how you overcome that hindering Ability. Good Trainers learn how to ride the wave of the battle and turn the tides.

Youngjae: Sure, Mr Know-It-All. You can only say that because you're good at battles, and you go and train your Pokemon whenever you're free.

Jongup: While I admit that it is true, training Pokemon is therapeutic. Plus, it's a win-win. I let off some steam, and my Pokemon get stronger at that same time, and for that, they'd thank you. Of course, I never push my Pokemon beyond their limits.

Snivy: Sniv!

Youngjae: Wow, your Snivy must really like you. Buneary here, on the other hand...Ow! Okay, okay! I'll stop!

Jongup: On behalf of Youngjae, currently getting his face punched by Buneary, I will end the radio show here. Next time, we'll look at Abilities displayed by the Pokemon from the other members of our troupe. Till next time.

Snivy: Sni!