Pokemon Radio: Item Instructor (5)

(Best Absolute) Pokemon Trainers

Pokemon Radio: Item Instructor
Hosts: Himchan & Youngjae

************************************

Himchan: Let's guess today's topic, Youngjae-yah.

Youngjae: Huh? Uh...how the heck am I supposed to know?

Himchan: Fine, I'll give you a hint. You've gotta have the balls to ask questions, Youngjae.

Youngjae: ...

Himchan: *muffled laughter*

Youngjae: Seriously? Balls, Himchan? So mature.

Himchan: No, like, I'm serious. We're talking balls today.

Youngjae: Arceus save me.

Himchan: So, the standard ball we use is a Pokeball Poké Ball.

Youngjae: Red and white. With a catch.

Himchan: And then, if we find this Pokemon that's really hard to catch, you chuck a Great Ball Great Ball at it.

Youngjae: Blue with red stripes. Really fashionable. But you know what's really the mark of a strong Trainer? Ultra Balls Ultra Ball.

Himchan: Oh, the cool ones. Black with this yellow design on it.

Youngjae: The Elite Four use them. They have a higher catch rate than Pokeballs or Great Balls. So if there's this Pokemon that's really difficult to catch, throw an Ultra Ball and boom, you'll definitely catch it.

Himchan: What's the best ball of all, Youngjae?

Youngjae: The Master Ball Master Ball, of course. Purple. The colour of royalty. Like me. Except I like sky blue.

Himchan: Liar. You wear this blinding yellow jacket.

Youngjae: *sniffing* Daehyun bought it for me for some kind of prank. Or something. Ain't too sure on the details.

Himchan: Hmm. You know, other than the standard Pokeball, Great Ball, Ultra Ball and Master Ball, what other Pokeballs are there?

Youngjae: There are really weird ones. Like the ones this old dude in Johto makes. He's some real Pokeball craftsman. Super skilled.

Himchan: Craftsman? Aren't Pokeballs mass-produced in that factory in Kalos?

Youngjae: Yeah, well, this guy is a master of the art. He makes Pokeballs from this fruit call the Apricorn. It's supposedly hollow inside, making it a great capsule for Pokeballs.

Himchan: What types of Pokeballs does he make, then?

Youngjae: Well, it depends on the colour of the Apricorn. He makes Heavy Balls Heavy Ball from Black Apricorns, Lure Balls Lure Ball from Blue, Friend Ball Friend Ball from green, Love Ball Love Ball from pink, Level Ball Level Ball from Red, Fast Ball Fast Ball from White and Moon Ball Moon Ball from Yellow.

Himchan: What do all those do?

Youngjae: Heavy Balls are effective on heavy Pokemon. Lure Balls are effective on Pokemon that are caught by fishing. Friend Ball makes the caught Pokemon more friendly with you. Love Ball is more effective if the caught Pokemon is of the opposite gender of your defending Pokemon. Level Balls are effective on Pokemon of a lower level, Fast Balls are great on faster Pokemon ...duh...and Moon Balls are great on Pokemon that evolve using Moon Stones, like Clefairy and Nidorina.

Himchan: Those balls are...oddly specific.

Youngjae: Yeah, I know right. You know, the Friend Ball has a modern counterpart called the Luxury Ball Luxury Ball. It's black with cool patterns. It makes the caught Pokemon more friendly towards you.

Himchan: You know, now that I think about it, I've heard of a Pokeball with a similar effect as the Lure Ball.

Youngjae: Oh, really?

Himchan: Yeah. The Dive Ball Dive Ball.

Youngjae: In the past, Dive Balls were only effective on Pokemon encountered underwater, but now it works well on Pokemon that live in the water in general.

Himchan: So they improved the Dive Ball?

Youngjae: Yup. There's another Pokeball like the Dive and Lure Ball. It's called the Net Ball Net Ball. Works amazingly on Water- and Bug-type Pokemon.

Himchan: Hmm, I heard of a Pokeball similar to the Level Ball too. It's called the Nest Ball Nest Ball.

Youngjae: Oh yeah. Green-and-yellow-striped. Looks real kiddy, if you ask me.

Himchan: You know what other ball is green-and-yellow? The Safari Ball Safari Ball.

Youngjae: Oh, that ball that you use during Safari games. There's another type of special Pokeball that you use during that Bug-Catching competition in the National Park in Johto.

Himchan: Oh, the Sport Ball Sport Ball. It's really bright. Hard to miss, that one.

Youngjae: What other Pokeballs are there...? How about that...that Pokeball. You know, the green and black one.

Himchan: You mean the Dusk Ball Dusk Ball. Handy for catching Pokemon at night. Or in a cave.

Youngjae: Or in Himchan's heart...OW! What was that for?

Himchan: Carrying on, we're going to just list the rest of the Pokeballs on this, uhm, list. So, let's see...There's this...Heal Ball Heal Ball. It's convenient.

Youngjae: How so?

Himchan: You know, when you catch a Pokemon with that, the Pokemon's health is instantly refilled. So they're fit for battle immediately after capture.

Youngjae: But it's of no use to you, though. You've got this bottomless stash of money.

Himchan: Ahem...you're quite right there.

*rustling of papers*

Youngjae: Well, next up is the...oh, the Quick Balls Quick Ball and Timer Balls Timer Ball. They're like, total opposites.

Himchan: Quick Balls work best at the start of an encounter, and Timer Balls work best when the encounter is taking a long time.

Youngjae: There's this thing called a Repeat Ball Repeat Ball.

Himchan: So it works better the more you throw it?

Youngjae: Then the Pokeball Company would just make Repeat Balls what's the point of making the rest? Repeat Balls work best when you're trying to catch a Pokemon you caught before?

Himchan: How would the ball know you caught the Pokemon before, though?

Youngjae: ...

Himchan: ...

Youngjae: Uh...there are some mysteries better left unknown.

Himchan: Oh my, we're finally coming to the end of the list!

Youngjae: What's that? A Premier Ball? Never heard of it.

Himchan: What do you mean you never heard of it? Youngjae you cheapskate.

Youngjae: Hey, what was that for? I'm...I'm no cheapskate!

Himchan: A Premier Ball Premier Ball doesn't have any special effect, but you can get one if you buy ten Pokeballs at a time!

Youngjae: I didn't know this.

Himchan: That's why I called you a cheapskate.

Youngjae: Better than someone who splurges on weird things. What about that weird brooch thing you bought--

Himchan: That's for Gardevoir, you prick! This is why you don't understand fashion. You don't understand me~!

Youngjae: Aaaaaand that's all, folks. Himchan's gonna have a massive breakdown about his, uh, fashion s--oh Arceus you're getting your tears on my shirt. Aaaaaaaaah!

*crackle*

*******************************************

3 consecutive days of leaving school at 7pm and i live an hour away from school. hate the rush hour. open house was tiring and CCA needs more members

haizzzzz >~<