Pokemon Radio: Trainer Teacher (3)

(Best Absolute) Pokemon Trainers

Pokemon Radio: Trainer Teacher (3)
Hosts: Youngjae and Junhong

************************************

Youngjae: Welcome back to Pokemon Radio, or BAP radio...either one! Today, we're presenting you with Trainer Teacher!

Junhong: That's fast. I thought we just had a Trainer Teacher episode.

Youngjae: Yeah, well, there's something we really want to talk about today, and that's weather. Next on BAPokemon Trainers, we're going to dive into the world of weather! Weather affects battles in more ways than you can imagine!

Junhong: Weather, huh? You mean, like rainy and cloudy?

Youngjae: Not so much of cloudy, but definitely rainy. There are a few types of weather conditions, such as sunny, rainy, sandstorm, fog and hail.

Junhong: They...are...all...pretty self-explanatory?

Youngjae: Well, yeah, but still! Best to explain, no?

Junhong: If you...say so.

Youngjae: So! Sunny weather! Go, Junhong!

Junhong: Wait, I thought you were the one explaining it?

Youngjae: No time for bickering, Junhongie. Get to it!

Junhong: Uh...okay. So, sunny weather is when there's strong sunlight. It really affects certain moves and abilities and stuff. Like, Fire-type moves are stronger in strong sunlight, and Water-type moves are weaker.

Youngjae: I heard some Grass-type moves are affected too.

Junhong: Moves like Solar Beam and Solar Blade become fully charged in strong sunlight, so Pokemon can attack immediately...and...

Youngjae: And? Is that Yongguk outside? Like, I'm sure I heard his voice...

*door creaking*

Youngjae: Oh, Yongguk!

Yongguk: Sorry, left something in here.

*rustling sound*

Junhong: Yongguk! Are there any other moves other than Solar Blade and Solar Beam affected by strong sunlight?

*Himchan's voice in the distance*

Yongguk: Uh...Synthesis restores more health in strong sunlight...oh, are you doing the Pokemon Radio thing? Oops, sorry...

Younjgae: It's okay! You're welcome anytime!

*door shuts*

Youngjae: Junhong?

Junhong: Uh...huh?

Youngjae: Seriously, you .What abilities are affected by strong sunlight?

Junhong: Uhhhh...Oh! Chlorophyll and Solar Power and...and...uh...

Youngjae: Dry Skin? Flower Veil? Wait, no, that's not right. Flower Gift. And...one more...ah, Leaf Guard! So, Junhong, what do all those do?

Junhong: Let's...leave that to Jonguppie, shall we?

Youngjae: ...sure. Next episode on Pokemon radio, then. Ability Ace. Please remind us.

Junhong: ... 

Youngjae: Anyways, moving on, what moves cause strong sunlight?

Junhong: Well, there's only one, and that's Sunny Day.

Youngjae: What about abilities causing strong sunlight?

Junhong: Uh...Drought? Yeah, Drought. Causes strong sunlight...yep.

Youngjae: So, that's about it for sunny weather. What about rainy weather, then? What moves are affected by it?

Junhong: It's, like, the opposite of Sunny Day, so Water-type moves are stronger and Fire-type moves are much weaker.

Youngjae: Moves affected?

Junhong: Yeah, about that.

Youngjae: Don't tell me you forgot.

Junhong: Well, this session's a little impromptu. There isn't even a script for it.

Youngjae: Doesn't mean you should let your knowledge go down the drain! So, like, rainy weather.

Junhong: Uh...I know Thunder always hits in rainy weather...and Hurricane too. Oh, yeah, and Weather Ball becomes Water-type.The only move that causes this rainy weather is Rain Dance.

Youngjae: Abilities?

Junhong: Abilities...Abilities like Hydration, Dry Skin, Swift Swim, Rain Dish...and the ability Drizzle causes rain.

Youngjae: That's nice to know. Pokemon like Pelipper has Drizzle.

Junhong: Alright, I've done two weather conditions! It's time for you to do Sandstorm and Hail and Fog.

Youngjae: Right, so, both Sandstorm and Hail weather conditions can actually damage Pokemon. Like, your Pokemon gets buffeted by the sand or ice particles during this kind of weather conditions.

Junhong: Uh huh.

Youngjae: So, Sandstorm first. The only Pokemon types that avoid Sandstorm damage are Rock-, Ground- and Steel-types, so if there's a swirling sandstorm, be sure to send out one of those.

Junhong: Right. Moves?

Youngjae: Don't boss me around, kid. Pokemon moves that are affected by Sandstorm are moves like Morning Sun and Shore Up. Morning Sun refills less health and Shore Up refills more health. Solar Beam and Solar Blade deal less damage.

Junhong: What about abilities?

Youngjae: Well, the ability that cause Sandstorm is Sand Stream. Pokemon like Hippowdon has it. Sandstorm activates pretty much any ability with the word "Sand" in its name, like Sand Veil and Sand Rush.

Junhong: I see, I see. Well, what's the next weather condition, Youngjae?

Youngjae: Hail. A damaging weather condition. Imagine getting pelted with those ice pellets. Seriously, it'd hurt.

Junhong: Let me guess, the move that summons hail is...

Youngjae: Hail. That's right. The move Hail summons hail to the battlefield, and the ability Snow Warning. Hail makes Ice-type moves stronger--duh--and only Ice-type Pokemon are exempt from the damage from the hailstones.

Junhong: So, what moves are affected by Hail?

Youngjae: For one, there's Blizzard. Blizzard always hits in hail weather. 

Junhong: What about abilities?

Youngjae: Well, there's Ice Body, where the Pokemon refills its health in hail, and there's Slush Rush, which is basically Sand Rush but activates in hail. It makes a Pokemon faster in hail.

Junhong: That's just cool.

Youngjae: There's one more weather condition left.

Junhong: Huh? There is?

Youngjae: Well, there isn't much to say about Fog, to be very honest. Fog comes about naturally, and no Pokemon ability or move can call upon the power of the Fog.

Junhong: But there's this move called Defog though...?

Youngjae: I never said that there wasn't a move that dismisses fog. Defog, yes, removes fog from the area. And it's great too. Fog is really annoying, 'cause you can't see much. You miss really often in fog.

Junhong: Makes sense.

Youngjae: Well, guess that's it about weather conditions. You'll be seeing a lot of that in the next episode, so this is just a heads-up! Oh, and remind us to go through the abilities related to weather in Ability Ace.

Junhong: I don't think they'll remember. I mean, this adventure doesn't update really quickly, does it?

Youngjae: Well, that's 'cause the author's pretty busy right now. Soon, it's gonna update at top speed!

Junhong: I sure hope so.

Together: Anyways, see y'all next time!