Pokemon Radio: Hitchhiker's Guide to Oakre (2)

(Best Absolute) Pokemon Trainers

Pokemon Radio: Hitchhiker's Guide to Oakre (2)

Hosts: Himchan and Youngjae

*******************************************

Youngjae: So, today, we are on this obscure episode of Hitchhiker's Guide to Oakre.

Himchan: Well, today's topic is less of a geography lesson and more of a...campfire session.

Youngjae: Yep. And what do you do at campfires, Himchan?

Himchan: Eat marshmallows?

Youngjae: And?

Himchan: Oh no. You're not going to.

Youngjae: Yes, we're going to do it. We're telling ghost stories. 

Himchan: You've got to be kidding me.

Youngjae: Hey, you should at least be familiar with the myths around the country, you know. Like...the ghost stories.

Himchan: Myth doesn't equal ghost stories, you know.

Youngjae: So we're talking about ghost stories today.

Himchan: Sure...sure. Just make sure I can sleep tonight.

Youngjae: Sure you can.

Himchan: So, what ghost stories you gonna tell, Youngjae? Please don't bring back Howlbreak Forest.

Youngjae: Well....there's a myth surrounding that, actually. Like, Howlbreak Forest. Like, before that Hypno appeared.

Himchan: Oh, really? 

Youngjae: Yeah. So apparently, Quakemore Town used to have this guy and his Brionne, who stayed with them, like as a passing bard. This is a really long time ago, so...anyways...he performed songs well. 

Himchan: Huh.

Youngjae: The thing is he can enchant both Pokemon and people with his songs. One day, the village chief asked him to get rid of this Rattata problem in their village. And promised the bard his daughter's hand in marriage. Or something. I can't really remember.

Himchan: Wait, they had a Rattata problem?

Youngjae: Like, they're not your average Rattata. They're the other, Alolan version that somehow made their way into our country. These ones are more intelligent. Plus, they walk on two legs.

Himchan: So these Rattata are...?

Youngjae: Eating their food...eating their houses...yeah, the usual sort.

Himchan: And how is the bard guy gonna get those mice away?

Youngjae: Uh. He enchants Pokemon and people, remember? Like he's putting them under a spell. So that's what he did. 'Cause the Rattata come during the night, he and his Brionne sang a song, and he led the Rattata away into Howlbreak Forest, far from Quakemore.

Himchan: Isn't Howlbreak Forest right beside Quakemore?

Youngjae: It's just a myth, okay? So that's why Howlbreak is full of those. Rattata. Anyways, he went back to the village chief, expecting his reward. Then the village chief was being a and said that he didn't know him. So the bard got really mad. He essentially drowned everyone with Brionne's Surf attack.

Himchan: Wait, legit?

Youngjae: Yeah. That's why they said Howlbreak is a haunted forest. All those people that died? They became ghosts that haunt the forest.

Himchan: Speaking of which, what's up with that school in the forest? Seems pretty damn creepy to me.

Youngjae: Well, it used to be a preschool, or elementary school, from what I could tell.

Himchan: Huh?

Youngjae: Yeah. They said that there was this preschool that burned down a long, long time ago. Did you know Howlbreak is prone to lightning storms. Must be what set the thing on fire.

Himchan: So...many of them...burned to death?

Youngjae: Pretty much. That was the story behind it anyway. The school building we saw just looked...run down. No fire, nothing. But, like, there's no mistaking the number of Phantump in Howlbreak.

Himchan: Aren't Phantump the...

Youngjae: Pokemon that are tree stumps possessed by the spirits of dead kids.

Himchan: That's just messed up.

Youngjae: Yes it is. Speaking of which...you know what? There's this problem. I think the idea of a guide to the places is Oakre is useless.

Himchan: Yeah, I thought about it too.

Youngjae: So I thought we should turn it into some ghost story session .

Himchan: Holy .

Himchan: That's actually an excellent idea. 

Youngjae: Of course it i-

Himchan: In your dreams. No way are you sticking me out here with you listening to you tell ghost stories. One, I need my beauty sleep, and two, you're just doing this so you can make fun of me.

Youngjae: ...

Youngjae: Sometimes, Himchan, you just have to face your deepest, darkest fears...

Himchan: Hold it. Hold it right there. I'm not taking this kind of crap from you.

Youngjae: Come on, it'll be fun! Fine, you can invite Jonguppie or something if you're scared, okay?

Himchan: As in- 

Youngjae: As a guest, of course. No way are you escaping this, man. I need to see that look of sheer terror.

Himchan: ...

Youngjae: Okay, so from now onwards, this show will be called...Ghosts of the Past. Aw yeah. That's a great title by yours truly. 

Himchan: Arceus, I hope I can sleep tonight. And every other night we have this.

Youngjae: We only talked about Howlbreak Forest and that bard thing. Seriously, you've got to improve your threshold a little.

Himchan: Love my threshold where it is. Anyways, this episode must be boring for the listeners, plus it's not like we did anything educational anyways.

Youngjae: I beg to differ. I like to think that we can unwind by telling ghost stories...Plus, the bard one isn't much of a ghost tale. It's like trying to tell people that you shouldn't cheat.

Himchan: But still...those kids...

Youngjae: Oh get over it. Anyways, this is the end...?

Himchan: Yeah...thanks a lot. OH . 

Youngjae: It's your own shadow.

Himchan: HOLY TAPU...HOLY TAPU. Arceus, I'm gonna die.

Youngjae: Good riddance-OW! Anyways, we've come to the end of what is now called Ghosts of the Past. See you...next...time? , WHAT IS THAT?

Himchan: I TOLD YOU THERE'S SOMETHING THERE OH MY--

*Bzzt*

*static*