Pokemon Radio: Move Master (1)

(Best Absolute) Pokemon Trainers

Pokemon Radio: Move Master (1)
Hosts: Bang Yongguk and Yoo Youngjae

Youngjae: Welcome one and all to Pokemon Radio: Move Master! We're here today with self-proclaimed move master Bang Yongguk! *applause*

Yongguk: *clears throat* I didn't proclaim that I was a move master.

Youngjae: With you rattling off those moves like that, you're practically asking for it.

Petilil: *nod*

Yongguk: *ahem* So...what are we talking about today?

Youngjae: I don't know. This is your department? How aboutwe talk about the basics of moves?

Yongguk: Well, there are different kinds of moves. Physical, Special and Status moves. Moves like DynamicPunch and Double-Edge are physical moves, where there's contact with the opponent.

Youngjae: Uh-huh.

Yongguk: Then Special moves are attacks that don't actually make contact with the foe Pokemon like Mega Drain and Surf. Status moves are, well, moves like Confuse Ray and Thunder Wave. You don't deal damage, but you cause some adverse effect to the foe, and--

Youngjae: So what about moves like Light Screen and Swords Dance? Light Screen raises your team's Special Defense. Swords Dance raises your Pokemon's Attack stat.

Yongguk: Those are counted under status moves. As long as they don't deal damage, they're Status moves.

Youngjae: Ah...I see. You know, there are some moves that are supereffective against a particular type of Pokemon and such...how can we tell what move is supereffective, effective or not effective?

Yongguk: That will depend on the typing of the Pokemon. If it's just single-typed, then a move that's effective on that Pokemon will be, well, effective.

Youngjae: What if I use a move like, like, Flamethrower, on a Pokemon that's Water-and-Grass-type, like Ludicolo?

Yongguk: Well, then the Pokemon would take effective damage, but because it's Water-type, it wouldn't take supereffective damage, and because it's Grass-type, it won't take not-effective damage.

Youngjae: Wow, that sure is confusing...What if i use Psychic on a Poison-and-Fighting-type, like Croagunk?

Yongguk: Then it would take more damage than just supereffective, and vice versa if, say, I use a Bug-type move on a Rock-and-Steel type, it'll do less damage than just not-effective.

Youngjae: Oh, I see...hey, you know how Ghost-types are basically immune to Fighting- and Normal-types?

Yongguk: Yes?

Youngjae: So what if, like, I have a part Normal-type, like Pidove, and I use Shadow Claw on it. But, like, it's part Flying-type too. Will it still take damage?

Yongguk: Uh, no. The Normal-type part of it will negate the damage.

Youngjae: Whoa, that's cool. If anyone uses a Ghost-type I can go at it with an army of Normal-types and I'd come out fine.

Yongguk: Yeah, unless he has like a Gengar with Focus Blast. Then, you're screwed. In more ways than one.

Youngjae: Aw man, that .

Yongguk: Yes. To do well in battle, one must be familiar with the different types of moves used in battle.

Youngjae: Say, that's really all there is about moves, don'tcha think? What are we gonna talk about on Move Master next time?

Yongguk: Well, we could go into the details of the various moves used by the Pokemon. Especially those with secondary effects and stuff...

Youngjae: That sounds great! Alright, that's all for Move Master this week folks! See you soon on Pokemon Radio!