Pokemon Radio: The Item Instructor (2)

(Best Absolute) Pokemon Trainers

Pokemon Radio: The Item Instructor (2)
Hosts: Yongguk and Himchan

***********************************

Himchan: Hello! Welcome to another episode of Pokemon Radio! Where we are going to learn about items again on Item Instructor!

*clapping sounds*

Himchan: Right, so, what was the last episode about, Bbang?

Yongguk: Evolution.

Himchan: Uh-huh! So, that means we're going to be talking about items that have something to do with evolution today!

Yongguk: ...Isn't that a lot of items?

Himchan: Yeah. Well, no better time than to get started, right? So, most Pokemon can evolve when they get stronger, right? Like Servine, Monferno, Poochyena, Rufflet...to name a few. But, there are some Pokemon that only evolve with the use of items.

Yongguk: Like evolutionary stones?

Himchan: Wow, Bbang, you're so smart! Yup. A substantial number of Pokemon evolve with evolutionary stones. Eevee is one of them. A Fire Stone lets it evolve into Flareon, a Water Stone into Vaporeon and a Thunderstone into Jolteon. Fire Stone can evolve Pokemon like Growlithe into Arcanine and Vulpix into Ninetales.

Yongguk: A Water Stone can evolve a variety such as from Shellder to Cloyster and from Staryu to Starmie.

Himchan: Right! An a Pikachu requires a Thunderstone to evolve to Raichu. There are other stones too, though. Shiny Stone...to evolve Togetic into Togekiss and evolve Minccino into Cinccino. Hey, I've got an idea. Let's play a game, Bbang. We each come up with a stone and a Pokemon that needs that stone to evolve.

Yongguk: Okay.

Himchan: So, I've said Shiny Stone already. It's your turn.

Yongguk: Okay. So...Dawn Stone. Snorunt to evolve into Froslass.

Himchan: Uh, Dusk Stone. To evolve Murkrow into Honchkrow or Misdreavus into Mismagius.

Yongguk: Ice Stone? Alolan Sandshrew to Alolan Sandslash.

Himchan: Alolan?

Yongguk: Regional variants. We'll go into that next episode or something...sometime. We'll get there eventually.

Himchan: So, uh...Moon Stone. Clefairy into Clefable. Munna into Musharna.

Yongguk: Leaf Stone. Gloom to Vileplume or Weepinbell to Victreebel.

Himchan: Dammit Bbang, I was thinking of that one. Hmm...how about...Sun Stone. Cottonee to Whimsicott and Petilil to Lilligant.

Yongguk: ...That's not fair. You're just taking Pokemon that the kids own.

Himchan: All's fair in love and war, Yonggukie. It's your turn.

Yongguk: *clears throat*. There isn't any more, Himchan.

Himchan: Is that so? I trust you on this, Bbang. So, moving on, stones aren't the only thing that causes Pokemon to evolve. some Pokemon need to hold items when traded to evolve.

Yongguk: Such as?

Himchan: Clamperl needs to be hoding a DeepSeaTooth or DeepSeaScale. Magmar needs to hold a Magmarizer. Electabuzz needs to hold an Electirizer. Porygon holds an Up-Grade and Porygon2 holds a Dubious Disc. For Onix and Scyther, a Metal Coat.

Yongguk: You really are something else, Himchan. Wouldn't have been able to remember all that.

Himchan: I mean, some of it has been mentioned by Jonguppie last episode. I just added some stuff on. Plus, there are some Pokemon that only need to hold an item and level up to evolve. Sneasel needs to hold a Razor Claw and level up to evolve. During the night, of course.

Yongguk: Ah, I see. I didn't know that.

Himchan: Well, now you do. It's nice to educate you on things once in a while, Bbang.

Yongguk: It's nice to learn things in general.

Himchan: Well, that's kind of it for the items that have something to do with evolution. There's one last item, though.

Yongguk: And what's that?

Himchan: Wait, two more items. An Everstone and an Eviolite.

Yongguk: What are those...? Wait, I know what an Everstone is.

Himchan: An Everstone prevents a Pokemon from evolving. You know, once, I had this kid, who was going to trade me a Haunter. I was pretty excited 'cause Haunter evolves into Gengar when traded, but guess what. The ing bully put an Everstone on the thing!

Yongguk: ...That's rough.

Himchan: Right. I expected Haunter to evolve, but it didn't. I felt sorry for it, though. I mean, it wasn't his fault.

Yongguk: Where's the Haunter now?

Himchan: Back at my place. Still helping my mum out with the housework and playing pranks on Ambipom, I presume.

Yongguk: Sounds like you've got a hardworking Haunter.

Himchan: Yeah, and the kid got my lazy Rattata.

Yongguk: Hope he's treating it well. Himchan, what does the Eviolite do?

Himchan: Raises the holder's Special Defense if it hasn't reached the final stage of evolution. It would be effective if I give it to a Pokemon like Spearow, for example, but wouldn't work if I were to give it to Mightyena.

Yongguk: Ah, I see now.

Himchan: Yeah.

Yongguk: So, that's it for today.

Himchan: Indeed! We'll have our next episode soon! So goodbye for now!