Pokemon Radio: Trainer Teacher (7)

(Best Absolute) Pokemon Trainers

Pokemon Radio: Trainer Teacher (7)
Hosts: Daehyun and Youngjae

*********************************

Daehyun: So, here we are back at another episode of Trainer Teacher!

Youngjae: Wow, this is the seventh episode already. We're going to hit ten soon!

Daehyun: Great! By the way, what should we be talking about today, Youngjae?

Youngjae: Well, the topic today would be about Pokemon breeding.

Daehyun: ...

Youngjae: ...

Daehyun: I mean...

Youngjae: No, we're most definitely not going into the mechanics of Pokemon ing. No, that's just wrong.

Daehyun: Ahem, I could give our dear listeners a rundown of--

Youngjae: AHEM.

Daehyun: ...*chuckle*

Youngjae: Yah! Stop joking around! Today, we're talking about Pokemon breeding and that's final. Pokemon breeding is more than, you know.

Daehyun: Huh.

Youngjae: Anyways, you know how Pokemon have different Natures and moves, right?

Daehyun: Yeah?

Youngjae: So, like when Pokemon make an egg, the offspring would have the moves of the father and the Nature of the mother more often than not.

Daehyun: Like, if I have a dad Volcarona and put it with a mom Volcarona with like a Hasty nature then the Larvesta would have a Hasty nature?

Youngjae: Pretty much. There are certain items that affect breeding, and on the next episode, Himchan would gladly educate us.

Daehyun: Himchan? What does he have to do with this? Did he and Yongguk finally admit they're a thing?

Youngjae: Nah, not yet, but they are clearly a thing. Hell, they're like a married couple. Anyways, back to the topic at hand. Himchan's great with items, like Pokemon items. So, he'd know about stuff like Destiny Knot and stuff like that and how it helps with breeding.

Daehyun: I didn't know that. So being a rich kid comes with some benefits, huh?

Youngjae: You got that right. I mean, we can use his money as much as we want.

Daehyun: We still get our own prize money from beating Trainers on routes and Gym Leaders, so money isn't that big of a deal.

Youngjae: So, BACK TO THE TOPIC. Pokemon can actually participate in interspecies breeding.

Daehyun: Seriously?

Youngjae: For example, you could actually breed Skitty with a Wailord.

Daehyun: WHAT.

Youngjae: Yup. Nature works in mysterious ways.

Daehyun: Wait, why? How come? Skitty barely reaches up to my knee and Wailord...

Youngjae: Yeah, yeah. They're from the same egg group, that's why. Pokemon have different egg groups such as Field, Amorphous, etcetera. Both Skitty and Wailord are from the Field egg group. That's why they can, ahem, breed with each other.

Daehyun: But if there's interspecies breeding, what's the end result? Like, will the kid be a Wailord or a Skitty?

Youngjae: Depends on which one is the female. The child's the same species as the female.

Daehyun: Oh, that kinda makes sense, I guess.

Youngjae: Yeah, and that's the gist of Pokemon breeding, essentially. Oh, and just saying, baby Pokemon like Elekid, Magby and Igglybuff can't breed. It's just...wrong.

Daehyun: ...

Youngjae: Well, there's definitely more to Pokemon breeding than just, well, interspecies breeding and stuff.

Daehyun: Yeah, what about Pokemon with no biological gender? Like Beldum? Or Azelf? 

Youngjae: In Beldum's case, you can probably just breed it with a Ditto.

Daehyun: Huh.

Youngjae: Like, Ditto transforms into any Pokemon it's up against, so...

Daehyun: So one Ditto can have like, a harem of other, totally unrelated Pokemon. Like, not-even-the-same-egg-group Pokemon.

Youngjae: ...

Daehyun: ...

Youngjae: Yeah.

Daehyun: So, ANYWAY, what about Azelf? It's genderless, right?

Youngjae: Well, the thing is, Azelf can't breed.

Daehyun: Huh?

Youngjae: Yup, you heard me. Azelf can't breed. Like, it can't mate, e. Yeah. Its egg group is undiscovered. Maybe because it has never lain an egg or anything. Pokemon, usually legendary and mythical Pokemon, can't breed because of their egg group.

Daehyun: Really.

Youngjae: Yeah, really.

Daehyun: I didn't know that. I thought all legendary Pokemon can breed.

Youngjae: Nope. Now you know.

Daehyun: Damn, a little anticlimatic, then, isn't it?

Youngjae: Some things in life just aren't meant to be, Daehyun. If you're hoping for Pokemon-on-Pokemon action...

Daehyun: *splutters* W-Who said-?

Youngjae: I know all your secrets.

Daehyun: WHAT THE HELL--HECK? IT'S NOT EVEN A SECRET.

Youngjae: Wait, so you go into the streets telling people you watch Pokemon ? Which is illegal, by the way?

Daehyun: NO YOU IDIOT.

Youngjae: Before Daehyun completely loses it, I'll end the session here. Next up, on BAPokemon Trainers, it'll be centered around, like illegal Pokemon and stuff so it'll be rated M.

Daehyun: Damn right, it will.

Youngjae: Even though there will be no sign of Pokemon-on-Pokemon action at all. No descriptions, nothing. Just mentions of it. After the whole thing blows over, the M rating'll be gone. Drop a comment if you'd like the author to summarize or anything.

Daehyun: Gonna last a few chapters, this arc. A minimum of two.

Youngjae: That's right. About two to three chapters, hopefully.

Daehyun: Welp, that's about it for this chapter, I guess.

Youngjae: Take care! And we'll see you next time!