Pokemon Radio: The Item Instructor (1)

(Best Absolute) Pokemon Trainers

Pokemon Radio: The Item Instructor (1)
Hosts: Himchan and Jongup

********************************

Himchan: Welcome to another episode of Pokemon Radio! Woo! Hey, you should clap too.

Poochyena: Poochy!

Jongup: ...Today, we are presenting to you the programme Item Instructor.

Himchan: Wow, you're so monotone.

Jongup: ...I tried. I'm not good at this.

Himchan: Damn straight. Anyways, in Item Instructor, we're going to teach you about items! That being said, items are my specialty. Mostly because I'm rich.

Jongup: I never use items unless absolutely necessary. It's costly and the Pokemon Centres provide free healing anyways.

Himchan: You can't go to the Pokemon Centre in the middle of battle though.

Jongup: Like I said. Unless it's absolutely necessary.

Himchan: Ooooookay. So, Jongup, what are the most basic items that every Trainer must know?

Jongup: ...Healing items.

Himchan: That's right. Today, we're talking about healing items. Like, you know, Potions.

Jongup: Potions come with different potency. Purple Potions are the least potent. Super Potions come in red bottles. Hyper Potions are pink and Max Potions are blue. Full Restores are green.

Himchan: Yup. Hey, Jongup, what is the difference between a Max Potion and a Full Restore?

Jongup: Didn't you say items are your specialty?

Himchan: *whisper* Just follow the script.

Jongup: *sigh* Full Restores also rid the Pokemon of any status ailments they may have during the time of healing. Max Potions don't do that.

Himchan: Exactly right. Anyways, those are health-refilling items. There are other items such as Antidotes that heal the Pokemon's status ailments.

Jongup: Yes. Antidotes heal the poison status. There are other items such as Paralyz Heal, Burn Heal, Ice Heal and Awakening that are self-explanatory.

Himchan: If you're lazy and rich, you can just buy Full Heals, 300 Pokedollars apiece from the PokeMart. They heal any status ailments.

Jongup: Besides man-made items, there are berries that restore the Pokemon's health as well, such as Oran Berries. Sitrus Berries do too and they're more potent. 

Himchan: I've seen a Pokemon eat an Aguav Berry and it looked perfectly healthy after that though.

Jongup: It depends on the Pokemon's taste, which we'll learn more about in Beauty Talk sometime soon.

Himchan: Oh, right! Beauty Talk! I'm the main host for that programme, just saying.

Jongup: ...

Himchan: Alright, alright. Besides healing the Pokemon's wounds, there are other Berries that can heal the Pokemon's status ailments, such as Cheri healing the Pokemon of paralysis. Pecha heals poison and Rawst heals burn.

Jongup: Persim heals confusion, Chesto heals sleep and Aspear heals freeze. A Lum Berry heals any status ailment.

Himchan: That's right. You know, there are items that heal the Pokemon's health in small amounts, right?

Jongup: Are you talking about the Shell Bell and the Leftovers?

Himchan: Oh yeah! The Shell Bell heals your Pokemon's health whenever it deals damage, and the Leftovers heal it over time. There's one more item like this but I can't remember...

Jongup: The Black Sludge?

Himchan: Really? But that item deals damage?

Jongup: It only refills health if the Pokemon holding it is Poison-type.

Himchan: Ah, I see. Well, that's really all I can think of for now. We've come to the end of our Item Instructor programme! Hope you've learned something today!

Jongup: Next time would be another episode of Trainer Teacher.

Himchan: Yup! See you next time!