Gleaming Crystals

(Best Absolute) Pokemon Trainers

OMG I FINALLY FINISHED MY WRITTEN REPORT HOLY I SWEAR ITS BEEN A YEAR OR SO

To celebrate, lemme give u guys this chappie *surprise surprise* WHERE NO ONE DIES

**********************************

Souldrop City is a rather ulu place, surrounded by multi-coloured crystals coating the buildings from the roof to the ground. The place is near a crystal mine, where crystals are harvested daily and exported to other parts of Oakre and beyond. It’s really a beautiful place. The crystals shine in the light—blue, red, yellow, green…

Honestly, Youngjae finds it a nice place to come for a vacation. What with all the beautiful crystals. He should buy some for his Pokemon too, as accessories. He’s sure that they would have some things like that.

Daehyun has gotten better during the walk here. He’s still zoning out sometimes, but at least he’s smiling a little more now. Himchan is staring at the sights through his hazy mind, but still taking them in nonetheless. Jongup is holding a conversation with Yongguk about Souldrop or something.

That leaves Youngjae with Junhong, who’s silent. Don’t get him wrong. This kind of silence isn’t awkward. It’s sort of comfortable. It’s like they’re communicating the awesomeness of this place through their minds.

“You kids want to go explore Souldrop?” Yongguk asks as Himchan groggily dismounts Araquanid. Daehyun alights from the other side. “I’ll take Himchan to the doctor’s.”

“Damn, I hate being sick,” Himchan grumbles as he clambers onto Yongguk’s back in a tangle of limbs.

“Take your meds and you’ll get better soon,” Yongguk says. “Arceus, you’re heavy.”

“ you too.”

They lumber off towards the Pokemon Centre, Houndour padding by Yongguk’s feet and Flabebe floating by Himchan’s shoulder.

“So, uh…where should we go first?” Junhong asks, clasping his fingers behind his head.

“I was thinking we should get some sleep,” Youngjae says, yawning. “It’s seriously too much to take in for one day.” A new day, a new near-death experience.

“I wanted to go to the mines though,” Daehyun says. It’s a little quieter than he would usually have said it, and Youngjae swears he sees Jongup raise a brow at the change. Youngjae exchanges glances with Junhong. Anything to get Daehyun’s mind off that tragedy.

“Yeah, sure, let’s go,” Youngjae slaps on a smile. “Now, how do we get there?”

They end up asking a local for help, and the youngster points them in the direction of the mines, behind a barber’s. When they round the corner, peering behind a building, they find the entrance to the mines…or rather, the two entrances. One, the flashier one, has spades of crystals growing out of the walls. It appears to be for the tourists. There is a large group gathered outside, one of the elderly women holding up a white flag with a logo on it. The other entrance is duller, with lesser crystals and a large sign chained across the entrance, saying: “Authorized Personnel Only”.

They wait in line patiently behind the group. It isn’t long before they reach the front and pay the entrance fee to the man behind the counter.

“Follow the path and you won’t get lost,” he says boredly. “Thanks for coming to Souldrop Mines. Flash photography is prohibited, by the way.”

Junhong and Youngjae nod dumbly while Jongup slots his credit card into card terminal. There is a heart-wrenching beep sound and Jongup places his card back into his wallet. They then enter the Souldrop Mines.

If there is anything more breathtaking than the crystal-covered city, it’s the crystal-covered mine inside the city. The cave is rather low, so Junhong needs to crouch a little, but the crystal flowers blooming along the walls and ceiling make the trip worth it. Youngjae reaches out to touch a blue crystal, running his fingers along the smooth surface.

“This is really pretty,” Youngjae smiles. He wants to just pluck a bit out of this crystal…but he doesn’t. It’s just…not right. Depriving people of such beauty.

They continue walking. Carbink and Woobat floating above their heads, with a few Roggenrola bounding forth here and there.

“What are you staring at?”

Youngjae turns around to find Daehyun asking Jongup, the latter staring down a tunnel that deviates from the main path, with the sign: “Authorized Personnel Only” written on it.

“Footprints,” Jongup gestures towards the ground.

“I mean, miners have to come and go—”

“No, these aren’t boots used by the miners.”

“And how would you know that?”

“At the other entrance to the mine, those meant for the miners, there were footprints that were unlike this one,” Jongup points out.

“Observant much?” Junhong says, crossing his arms across his chest. “I’m sure they must have just worn different shoes…”

“Do phone Yongguk if I don’t come back in half an hour,” Jongup says calmly, before ducking under the signage and wandering down the tunnel.

“W-What?” Youngjae stutters. “Hey, let’s follow him.”

Junhong watches as Youngjae wastes no time in ducking under the sign as well. He signals for them to follow. Junhong and Daehyun exchange glances yet again. Daehyun throws some furtive glances around. If they’re not doing what the Sparkridgians do, they should at least make sure there aren’t security cameras anywhere.

*

Fourteenth.

The fourteenth body they’ve found.

Kim Jongin watches as the divers drag the corpse through the water. It’s not a pretty sight. The guy must have been dead for an hour.

Another Pokemon carcass found—an Abra. It is laid with the other bodies. He’s standing at the bank of the calm Lake Instinct. The collateral damage to the forests encircling the lake is minimal, but to the people, it’s not. The Dragonite had gone Feral, and had been tranquilized and brought back to the labs for research.

Jongin sighs, scratching at his head as the fifteenth body is lugged out of the water, drenched and bloated. A young girl in a cyan, floral dress. His stomach flips at the sight. Beside him, Starmie seems to notice, but Jongin takes a deep breath and looks away from the bodies.

It’s rather amazing how Lake Instinct is so still, as if the incident has never happened. The only difference to the lake is that the mysterious slab of rock in the middle of the lake has been smashed open, revealing the entrance to a cavern.

He’s never seen the cavern in his three years of service to the League, yet the slab has been there the entire time. His eyes flick back to the divers dragging out the blood-drained body of the sixteenth person and his breath gets caught in his throat. He reaches out blindly to Starmie, and instantly relaxes when he touches its rock-hard arm. Starmie’s core glows dully, and a warmth fills Jongin’s body.

“Thanks,” he whispers to Starmie.

The bodies amount to about thirty, and Jongin had to oversee the whole operation. Families had gathered from Stratuseon and Gumtree, devastated to hear about the news. No survivors, Jongin had heard.

Except for six boys.

He doesn’t break it to the families who are still waiting to see whether their close ones have survived. He swallows the lump in his throat and tries not to look at the expectant and hopeful families. No one here is going home with happy news tonight.

“Whereabouts of the six boys?”

Jongin doesn’t even turn around as he asks the question. Senior Officer Dong Youngbae is standing behind him, hands behind his back, accompanied by his Chimecho.

“Souldrop, sir. Your city,” Youngbae says. As if in response, there is a ting-a-ling sound from Chimecho. “We received word from the officers there.”

“The same ones that challenged Sehun?”

The officer falters.

“A group with an extremely tall boy?”

“That’s the one,” Youngbae says.

“Alright, got it,” Jongin nods. “Please settle the…morbid stuff. I’m going to check something out.”

Youngbae salutes and Starmie gets onto the water, Jongin climbing onto it right after. Starmie then moves quickly along the surface of the lake. Jongin finds himself at the entrance to the cavern in no time.

Jongin ventures into the cavern and sees something glowing at the far end. It’s emitting a bluish aura, illuminating the back half of the tiny cavern. Water drips from stalactites. Jongin steps into a puddle of water. Then another, drenching the soles of his shoes as Starmie follows him in, core glowing brightly to illuminate the way.

“What’s that…?” Jongin reaches out to touch the blue thing. It appears to be in a state of deep slumber. It’s cool to the touch, but it feels like stone. Perhaps it’s in hibernation?

“Hey, pretty boy.”

Jongin turns around at the foreign voice and finds himself face to face with a Starly’s talons. He lets out a yell as it drags its talon across his face, nearly taking out his eyeball if not for his quick reflexes. Instead, it leaves a painful gash across the bridge of his nose, oozing blood that trickle down his face.

“Starmie! Charge Beam!”

Charge Beam misses the Starly as the Starly begins to move faster than the eye can see. In a second, it’s moving so fast that there are at least a hundred copies of it all over the place. Starmie fires off another Charge Beam at the intruder, but Starly deftly dodges it.

A yowl comes from behind him and a Meowth springs out of nowhere, latching onto Starmie and the Pokemon loses its balance, the next Charge Beam firing off towards the ceiling of the cavern. A few dozen soda straws fall and shatter as they land on the hard rocky ground.

Jongin barely manages to catch a glimpse of his assailant when a long, slippery tongue slobbers against his eyes. He recoils from the burning sensation and makes a grab at his face.

“Kim Jongin. Gym Leader of Souldrop City.” The voice belongs to a man. “Now, who would miss you, I wonder?”

Jongin fumbles for his Pokeball and drops it to the ground. There is the sound of the catch hitting the ground. He tries to open his eyes, but is only met with a near-unbearable sting. He closes them again and focuses on the sounds, the smells, the movement of air around him.

He can see then. He can see his Alakazam looking rather panicked, firing off a Psychic attack at the man, who avoids the attack. The Pokemon that had him…it must be that Munchlax!

“Well, have fun with that, Kim Jongin. I’ll be taking my leave.” Without another word, Jongin watches as the man holds up a Pokeball, the Pokeball containing the blue slumbering Pokemon. What? When did he—?

“W-Wait! Stop!”

Jongin’s focus wavers and his Mind’s Eye fizzles away for a moment. He yells out in frustration as he trips over a bump in the road. The man is already out of the door, Starly on his shoulder, Meowth sniggering. Then, they’re gone.

Jongin rubs at his eyes, but only succeeds in making it worse. Oh how it burns!

“Alakazam.”

He returns Starmie to its Pokeball and Alakazam grabs onto Jongin’s shoulder, teleporting him out of the cavern.

*

“This isn’t…a particularly good idea.”

The passageway is cold, and Daehyun can see his breaths come out in puffs of white. He must admit though, the crystals sure are beautiful, even down this freezing corridor of rock. It gets darker and darker as they go, but the crystals are still able to illuminate their way.

Jongup doesn’t seem to listen as he continues walking. That is, until they reach a fork in the road. There are footprints in both directions that look to be of identical shoes.

“Where do we go now?” Youngjae’s teeth are chattering. He’s hugging himself, trying not to freeze to death.

“We have to split up. Junhong can go with Daehyun. You’ll come with me,” Jongup says.

“Uh…sure,” Youngjae nods. “Do we take the left route?”

“It doesn’t matter,” Jongup says, but goes down the left path anyways, footsteps feather-light and nearly silent. Lucario’s as well. They’re almost like ghosts. Youngjae, on the other hand, isn’t as careful, and actually trips over a crystal flower on the ground, having to grab onto the wall to stabilize himself.

Looking back at Junhong, Daehyun shrugs as they head on through the other path.

The path gets progressively darker. The only light they have is the fire from Monferno’s tail. The path is winding, and Daehyun swears he sees Sableye hiding in the shadows, as if waiting for an opportunity to strike.

They hear voices. Faint, but audible. It sounds like…arguing. The path winds and opens into a wide chamber, covered entirely in turquoise crystals, gleaming brightly, giving the chamber a turquoise glow.

“I don’t even know how to bring this…thing back! What even is it?” A female’s voice.

Daehyun cringes at the sharp voice, feeling as if someone slapped him across the face. He peeks out from his hiding spot, to find something pink amongst the blue crystals. He shields his eyes from the gleam with his hand. It looks…alive. It looks like a Pokemon, even. A Pokemon covered in crystals.

“T-That is…” Junhong seems to recognize the Pokemon.

As if on cue, his Pokedex vibrates and Junhong takes it out, flipping it open.

Diancie. Level 70. Type: Fairy/Rock. Moves learned: Safeguard, Light Screen, Diamond Storm, Moonblast. Ability:  A sudden transformation of Carbink, its pink, glimmering body is said to be the loveliest sight in the whole world.

“We have to find some way to move it,” a man’s voice says. “I don’t know what the boss wants it for, though. It’s just a…a pink mass of…crystal.”

Boss? Does this mean that they’re part of a group…?

That logo! They are wearing black shirts with a logo on the back. Two trapeziums side by side, three letters “BTS” inscribed below it. Daehyun remembers seeing that logo! When they were fighting that man who had killed the Marowak. Do they belong in the same group?

“Come on, move it!”

The woman is kicking the Pokemon, heels scrabbling against its pink crystal body. The Pokemon, apparently in a state of unconsciousness with its eyes closed, doesn’t budge. It’s body appears to be half-buried in the ground.

“Machoke, Karate Chop!”

“Hey—!” The sound doesn’t even leave Daehyun’s mouth when Junhong clamps a hand over his lips, effectively shutting him up. Daehyun struggles as silently as he can against Junhong’s grip, but the boy is strong.

Daehyun watches in horror as the man’s Machoke’s fist comes down on its rock body, chipping off some bits and pieces.

“I really, really, really want to keep my life, thank you,” Junhong snaps. “Plus, that thing can probably handle its own. It’s level seventy, right?”

Daehyun nods, and Junhong releases him. He watches, biting his lip as he watches the Machoke hack away at the Diancie, joined by the woman’s Raticate, fangs chipping away at the rock. He clenches his fists, gritting his teeth. His vision fills with red when another clump of rock breaks off from its body.

Before Daehyun can intervene, however, the pink jewel atop Diancie’s head begins to glow, the light reflecting off the other crystals in the chamber. Diancie’s body dislodges itself from its resting spot on the stone pedestal. As if by magic, sparkling shards of diamond begin to form around it. Diancie gives a cry and sends the diamonds smacking into Machoke and Raticate, the sharp stones cutting into their skin, effectively knocking them out.

“What the was that?!” the man yells. He returns Machoke to its Pokeball. “No one said anything about it being a Pokemon!”

Daehyun slots the Pokedex back at his belt. His eyes widen as a stray shard of diamond misses him by inches, flying through the empty corridor without an end in sight. He peers back and sees both man and woman lying beat up on the floor, diamond shards stuck in their bodies, red oozing from the wounds. Well, they don’t look too badly injured, so Diancie must have been holding back.

Diancie turns in their direction.

Daehyun flinches and watches Diancie stare in their direction for a very long time, before turning back and planting itself on the pedestal yet again. The glow then disappears and it reverts back to its slumbering form.

“What is that?” Daehyun stares at the two unmoving bodies on the ground.

“Diancie,” Junhong says. “I’ve heard of it, but I didn’t expect to find it in the Souldrop Mines.”

“Hey! Who goes there?”

Daehyun’s heart thunders in his chest as an authoritative voice booms throughout the tunnel. His breath catches in his throat as he sees a man wearing a yellow jacket with luminous strips wielding a flashlight, his Mienfoo behind him, looking ready to attack. He and Junhong raise their hands in surrender.

Getting caught red-handed snooping in the prohibited section of the tunnels of the Souldrop Mines isn’t exactly how Daehyun wanted his day to go.

*

Jongin drags a hand across his face. The wound across his nose has closed, thanks to Blissey’s healing ability, but he still feels a small bump where the scar is. He looks at the two boys sitting across from him, anxious expressions painted on their faces.

They’re at the Souldrop Police Station, and Jongin had been informed immediately by Senior Officer Dong Youngbae when the two boys had been found slinking away in the darkness down the restricted area in Souldrop Mines.

“There’s a reason we tell visitors to follow the path,” Jongin says, keeping his voice level and good-natured.

“Well…yeah.”

“So, what do you have to say for yourselves?”

“Uh…there were some bad guys and…” Daehyun tries.

“And you didn’t think to consult the authorities?”

Daehyun falls silent.

“Look, I know you guys think that you can do anything since you’re pretty grown-up, but look, those guys were probably dangerous,” Jongin says. Arceus, he feels like an old man preaching to some youngsters. Hell, the dude with the grey Pokedex looks older than he does. “And we don’t want any of our visitors getting injured at any point in time during the course of their visit.”

Well, Daehyun is glad that the two people have been handcuffed and are now behind bars. Upon arrest, his Pokemon had been taken from him, and had only been returned when Jongin had instructed them to.

“It was heroic but stupid,” Jongin continues. “We’re letting you off with a warning this time, okay? Don’t do anything like that ever again. No entry means no entry.”

“Uhm, if I may ask, what’s that…thing in the cave? That Pokemon?” Junhong asks uncertainly.

“Diancie?” Daehyun pipes up.

“Diancie…how did you know about that?” Jongin worries his bottom lip between his teeth.

“We used our Pokedex…is that wrong?” Daehyun places the Dex on the table, open to the page on the latest recorded Pokemon which happens to be Diancie.

“Isn’t wrong,” Jongin mumbles out. “But Diancie is supposed to be a Souldrop secret. Don’t go spreading it around, you hear me? It’s confidential information…so I can’t tell you anymore than that.”

What can be so confidential about Diancie that they need to block it off from the general public? Well, maybe since it’s violent when provoked…

“Right, you can go,” Jongin nods. “If you want to challenge my Gym, I’m free tomorrow morning.”

You’re the Gym Leader?” Junhong’s eyes widen.

“Yes,” Jongin nods, yawning then stretching. “Now, shoo.”

*

When they walk out, they find Youngjae and Jongup standing there, Youngjae humming and grinning when he sees them walk out.

“How did you two…not get caught?”

Youngjae’s grin grows wider, “We are shadows. We don’t get caught. Professional trespassers.” An elderly man walking by them shoots them a look.

“No, like, seriously. Why did you not get caught,” Junhong deadpans.

“We hid. In the shadows. I’m not kidding,” Youngjae says, holding his hands up. “But we found ourselves in a dead end. We only heard voices, but no one actually came down this way.”

“I see.”

“Now that that’s over, it’s getting late. We should be getting back to Himchan and Yongguk, wherever they are.”

*

Houndour barks the moment they enter. Yongguk watches as four sweaty boys file into the room with their Pokemon, covered in crystal dust, the sparkling stone shining off their skin. Petilil floats into the room, looking extremely sleepy and promptly crashing on Himchan’s stomach.

Yongguk s the room keys towards Jongup, who catches both perfectly and hands one to Daehyun.

“One of the rooms are on the end of the the other corridor,” Yongguk says. “The other room is one floor down.”

“Thanks,” Daehyun nods. He looks down at the tag on the key. It appears to be the sixth floor, where they are on now. Which means that they have the room on the other end of this corridor. Jongup and Junhong’s room is on the fifth floor.

“How are you feeling?” Junhong asks, sitting down at the edge of the bed beside Himchan, who sniffles, hugging Petilil to himself.

“Never better,” Himchan replies, sniffling, planting his nose into Petilil’s body and taking a deep breath. “Petilil smells great.”

Youngjae scowls, reaching out to grabs Petilil, pulling the Pokemon away from him and taking it into his arms. “Stop molesting my Pokemon.” Himchan sulks and release Poochyena from its Pokeball to hug it instead.

“Souldrop has a Pokemon Gym,” Junhong says. “Are we going to challenge it? Jongin said he can take challenges tomorrow morning. We should put our names down tonight.”

“Yeah, you’re right,” Yongguk nods, then narrows his eyes. “How come you talked to Kim Jongin?”

“Huh? Oh,” Daehyun throws a nervous glance at the rest of the team. Youngjae and Junhong share the same smile, while Jongup’s expression is that of indifference with a hint of amusement. “We…kind of got arrested?”

*

Youngjae stares at the app now sitting on his homepage, the Pokemon League’s design being burned into his eyes, Cubone sitting between his crossed legs. He’s sitting on his bed, enjoying the comfort of the soft sheets, having already bathed and sprayed a bit of that perfume he’s gotten from Stratuseon.

“What the hell is this?” Youngjae brings Cubone to sit on his stomach as he lies back against the pillows.

“An app Jongup suggested we download if we’re to challenge the Gyms,” Daehyun says. “It’s, like, the League’s own app. You can book appointments with the Gym Leaders and Elite Four online and .” He is wearing a fluffy pink bathrobe, lying on his side on his bed. “And there are League rules and regulations and stuff on that thing.”

“The League is so extra,” Youngjae sighs as he taps on Kim Jongin’s profile, then Schedule. There aren’t many challengers tomorrow, and all blocks from 1pm onwards are greyed out. Daehyun did say that Jongin said he was taking challenges in the mornings. The earliest slot is 8am, unlike Sehun’s, and Youngjae books that slot because then they can take continue on the Faultmount Crevice to reach Faultmount City. Then they’d have more time to take in the sights.

Youngjae registers for a Double Battle. This time, he’s going with Daehyun, then Junhong with Yongguk and Jongup with Himchan.

“We’ve got to learn to switch it up,” Youngjae says. “Or else we’d never learn how to battle with other people.”

“Just saying I’ve been battling with you for a long, long time now,” Daehyun points out. “But I’d rather not change.”

Youngjae opens up the Messenger app, “Honestly, why don’t we have a group chat?”

“Huh,” Daehyun says, picking up his Pokedex and opening it up to the homepage. “Yeah, why don’t we? Create one now, Jae.”

With a few swift taps, Youngjae has created the group: BAPOKEMON

“What’s with the title.”

“I don’t know, man. I closed my eyes and tapped the first two letters,” Youngjae says. “I mean, we need some cool group name.”

“What about just shortening it to BAP?” Daehyun suggests. “It’s more concise and definitely sounds better.”

“Huh,” Youngjae thinks for a moment, before changing the chat name. It’s at that moment that Cubone decides to crawl on to his face for fun, the bone that’s clutched tightly in its little hand digging into Youngjae’s cheek.

“Hey, ya! Get off me!” Youngjae cries out, but does nothing to stop the baby from sitting there, playing with his hair. Daehyun feels that out of all his Pokemon, Youngjae has the softest spot for this Cubone.

After Cubone has gotten bored of Youngjae’s hair, it totters off to play with Buneary, who’s curled up in a corner, watching Petilil and Cottonee perform tricks and falling over each other and welcomes Cubone snuggling into its fluffy cotton-like fur.

Daehyun’s Pokedex vibrates and he sighs, looking down at the glowing image of the group chat that Youngjae has created. The creator has posted his first message.

yjaybaby: Hey, tmr we go himchannie w/ jonguppie, yonggukie w/ junhongie n me w/ daehyunnie ok? First match @ 8am

The replies are almost immediate.

chanchanieeeeee: yea sure I mean I wont have to do anything and jongup would win by himself

bangstergram: I’m fine with that.

byzelo: k. yonggukie is strong so im in safe hands

byzelo: btw jongup says sure

Youngjae then places his Pokedex back on the bedside table and snuggles into the bedsheets, claiming in a sleepy voice that he needs all the sleep that he can get. Monferno is lying asleep on Daehyun’s bed, half its body sliding off of it, fire on its tail nearly touching the carpet but not quite.

Still, as he swtiches the lights off and tries to fall asleep with the glow of Monferno’s fire in his face, images flash through his mind. Of the Dragonite, of Azelf, of the lack of orange spots in the water.

Thankfully, they were quickly replaced by a stunning Diancie.

*

“Azelf was taken.”

Kyungsoo looks up from his paperwork. “Sorry?”

Jongin crashes into his chair, a hand thrown over his eyes as he leans back. Behind him trails Starmie, the Pokemon looking a little worried as it keeps close to Jongin. “Oh wait, you wouldn’t know.”

“No, actually, I don’t,” Kyungsoo says. “What’s Azelf? Is it some Pokemon?”

“Yeah,” Jongin nods. “The legendary that resides in my area.”

“You mean Lake Instinct.”

“Yeah.”

There is silence for a while, save for Kyungsoo’s pen nib scratching against the paper. “I heard. It was horrible, but that Dragonite has been dormant for years.”

“We figure that what happened with the Gyarados happened to the Dragonite too. Baekhyun popped by to inform me. Radio waves leading to Feral Reversion.”

“Hmm,” Kyungsoo nods. Feral Reversion has appeared to be a natural occurrence, when external factors had affected the Pokemon’s brains, but recently, the League scientists had realized that radioactive substances could also cause mutations in the genes of the Pokemon while affecting the brain at the same time, causing them to attack anything that moves. Including their own kin. The aggressive nature of Feral Pokemon is more of a side-effect than anything, but still dangerous to both human and Pokemon alike.

“How many died?”

“About thirty. Most of them drowned or were eaten by the Surskit—the Feral ones. Found this kid on the bank. Lost a leg. He managed to pull his mother to the shore but she was dead long before that,” Jongin says. “, man.” Kyungsoo looks over at the boy, and Jongin appears to be a little traumatized as well. He has not once removed that arm from his eyes, head thrown back so that he’s staring up at the ceiling.

“The radio waves you mentioned…where do you think they came from?” Kyungsoo asks, turning back to his paper.

“Honestly, I have no idea. It’s not natural, that’s for sure,” Jongin says. “I had my doctors checking out this Feral Surskit.”

Kyungsoo turns to look out the window. It’s almost ten at night and all that he can see are the dark silhouettes of the mountains surrounding the League building, and the tinier buidlings that are their dormitories. Which he would want to return to before eleven.

Then, his Pokephone pings and he reaches for it, seeing the message from the Gym Leaders + Irene group chat.

Irene: link

What is that? Kyungsoo clicks on the link, opening his browser to a website called Furfrou Forums. His brows furrow as he scans through the comments in the forum.

They should kill that Dragonite.

Without that Dragonite those people wouldnt have to die

Itsall that pokemons fault

They are all variations of the same thing: Death to the Dragonite.

He opens his Messenger app again to Irene’s second message.

Irene: Stratuseon Leader Oh Sehun, do investigate and arrest whoever is behind this. Everyone, it is our duty to ensure that Pokemon do not come to harm from people like these. Thank you.

Kyungsoo sighs, leaning his head against the table. Of course Irene would do this. The safety of Pokemon is always her top priority. In fact, she probably couldn’t care less who died in that incident. The thought itself sends a shiver up Kyungsoo’s spine.

Jongin has shifted such that he’s resting his head on the table, shoulders hunched over. Kyungsoo reaches over to pat and rub circles on his back. If Jongin noticed, he didn’t say anything, but Starmie’s core glows gratefully.

***********************************

Pokedex entries gathered:

-Diancie

Diancie

Cameo appearances:

Carbink (Wild Pokemon in Souldrop Mines)

Carbink

Woobat (Wild Pokemon in Souldrop Mines)

Woobat

Roggenrola (Wild Pokemon in Souldrop Mines)

Roggenrola

Abra (dead Pokemon)

Abra

Chimecho (Youngbae's Pokemon)

Chimecho

Meowth (mysterious man's Pokemon)

Meowth

Starly (mysterious man's Pokemon)

Starly

Munchlax (mysterious man's Pokemon)

Munchlax

Machoke (Team BTS grunt's Pokemon)

Machoke

Raticate (Team BTS grunt's Pokemon)

Raticate

*******************************

Daehyun's Pokemon:

-Cottonee. Level 21. Type: Grass/Fairy. Moves learned: Growth, Razor Leaf, Stun Spore, Leech Seed.
-Monferno. Level 17. Type: Fire/Fighting. Moves learned: Mach Punch, Ember, Taunt, Fury Swipes.
-Bagon. Level 17. Type: Dragon. Moves learned: Bite, Dragonbreath, Leer, Headbutt

Youngjae's Pokemon:

-Petilil. Level 20. Type: Grass. Moves learned: Growth, Magical Leaf, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed.
-Buneary. Level 19. Type: Normal. Moves learned: Quick Attack, Baby-Doll Eyes, Frustration, Endure.
-Braixen. Level 18. Type: Fire. Moves learned: Psybeam, Tail Whip, Flame Charge, Howl.
-Cubone. Level 7. Type: Ground. Moves learned: Growl, Tail Whip, Bone Club.

Jongup's Pokemon:

-Helioptile. Level 22. Type: Normal/Electric. Moves learned: Charge, Shock Wave, Quick Attack, Razor Wind.
-Lucario. Level 23. Type: Fighting/Steel. Moves learned: Feint, Aura Sphere, Swords Dance, Foresight.
-Araquanid. Level 22. Type: Water/Bug. Moves learned: Bite, Bug Bite, Bubblebeam, Spider Web.
-Servine. Level 19. Type: Grass. Moves learned: Tackle, Growth, Leaf Tornado, Wrap.

Junhong's Pokemon:

-Clefairy. Level 19. Type: Fairy. Moves learned: Bestow, Sweet Kiss, Pound, Magical Leaf
-Bellsprout. Level 20. Type: Grass/Poison. Moves learned: Vine Whip, Sleep Powder, Poison Powder, Wrap.
-Meditite. Level 21. Type: Fighting/Psychic. Moves learned: Hidden Power, Confusion, Meditate, Force Palm
-Totodile. Level 14. Type: Water. Moves learned: Scratch, Scary Face, Water Gun, Bite.

Yongguk's Pokemon:

-Rufflet. Level 20. Type: Normal/Flying. Moves learned: Hone Claws, Scary Face, Fury Attack, Wing Attack
-Houndour. Level 21. Type: Fire/Dark. Moves learned: Odor Sleuth, Ember, Howl, Bite
-Spinarak. Level 20. Type: Bug/Poison. Moves learned: Infestation, Shadow Sneak, Scary Face, Absorb
-Grovyle. Level 18. Type: Grass. Moves learned: Fury Cutter, Mega Drain, Leer, Pursuit.

Himchan's Pokemon:

-Flabebe. Level 17. Type: Fairy. Moves learned: Fairy Wind, Razor Leaf, Lucky Chant, Tackle.
-Kirlia. Level 20. Type: Fairy/Psychic. Moves learned: Disarming Voice, Heal Pulse, Confusion, Magical Leaf
-Brionne. Level 17. Type: Water. Moves learned: Icy Wind, Baby-Doll Eyes, Disarming Voice, Aqua Jet
-Poochyena. Level 15. Type: Dark. Moves learned: Bite, Sand-Attack, Howl, Odor Sleuth