Mount Fireward

(Best Absolute) Pokemon Trainers

im just wondering if sometimes the way i phrase things is a little strange haha i mean im neither american nor british but like ive been speaking english all my life

just wondering

**************************************

“Oh , we’re late,” Junmyeon hisses, clinging on to the feathers on his Pelipper. The stout fowl, as if in response, gives a sharp caw and speeds on ahead, darting through the cumulus. His companion, the dark-haired Sooyoung, rides upon her Drampa, the Dragon-type soaring through the air, snakelike body weaving through the blue of the sky, almost like a predatory bird circling prey, except that it’s going in a linear path.

Ahead of them, Junmyeon can make out the battleground. The entire Heatstorm City has been turned into a site of mass destruction. Buildings are toppled, crushed, smoking. The city is nearly deserted, save for the occasional stream or jet of fire and poison, the stray psychic waves and the sudden rising pillars of soil.

Their enemies come into view—a purple blob that is a Muk and a brown entity that is a Dugtrio. The Muk is busy, hurling balls of dribbling sludge onto buildings, corroding the stone and concrete into nothing but a pile of mush. The Dugtrio is no better, doing battle with at least three other people and holding its own ground, preferring the cover of solid, packed earth.

“You take the Muk. I’ll deal with the Dugtrio.”

 Sooyoung nods and Drampa veers towards the side, barrelling through the air, aiming straight for that Muk, already preparing an Extrasensory attack. A super-effective move. Good call.

Junmyeon’s Pelipper takes a nosedive to avoid a crumbling building, victim to the Dugtrio’s unannounced Earthquake attack. Below him, Junmyeon can see the ground shaking.

“Tailwind!”

Dugtrio is fast, the Pokemon sensing the new threat and burrowing once more underground. A gust of wind picks up from behind Junmyeon. This wind will surely be an asset to the other battling comrades. Talonflame slashes the ground with a Razor Wind attack, the visible blades of air peeling back the asphalt, splashing gravel up as it only manages to hit the trail of raised earth that trails Dugtrio’s path.

“Hydro Pump!”

Pelipper activates its ability, Drizzle, and rain begins to pour around them. With the rainwater, Pelipper generates a large sphere of water in its open mouth. The water is sent blasting through the air, jamming hard into the ground, right where Dugtrio is expected to proceed. As if on cue, the Dugtrio emerges from the earth. It would have died of suffocation had it stayed underground any longer. Heatstorm’s ground is dry and cracked. Any form of rain would pass through the cracks easily.

Now’s their chance to strike, and the other battling parties know it. Chanyeol’s Talonflame charges up another Razor Wind attack. The other Drampa fires a Dragon Pulse at it. Junmyeon’s own Pelipper beats its wings with much force, sending a swirling Hurricane its way, sweeping up and destroying whatever’s in its way.

The Dugtrio, overwhelmed by the attacks, gives an anguished cry and sinks below the ground. There is no peep from it afterwards.

The aerial combatants land, and Junmyeon hurries to greet them.

“Chanyeol!”

The tall man with the shaggy hair, Chanyeol, responds. He’s dressed in his usual fashion, a red jacket, the zipper pulled halfway up, and a pair of denim jeans. However, he appears to be covered in ashes and soot. Talonflame beside him its head.

“The League sent you?” Chanyeol asks. It doesn’t sound bitter, not questioning. It’s more of an emotionless statement, a verification.

Junmyeon nods. “Yeah. Heard there was commotion. We were dispatched to deal with the Feral threat.”

“Figured,” Chanyeol nods. Junmyeon glances around, hoping to find the man riding the Drampa earlier, but he doesn’t. The Drampa rider is gone, along with his Pokemon. Perhaps he doesn’t want to find himself in the company of a Leader and an Elite Four. Chanyeol’s voice snaps him from his thoughts. “Thought I’d go and check out the volcano you know—my scouts said it might erupt soon. When I got a call, I came back as fast as I could, but by then, well, you get the picture.” His brows furrow. “Wait, you said ‘we’?”

“Oh, Sooyoung’s dealing with the other one,” Junmyeon says.

As if on cue, a blue bird with cloud-like wings swoop by overhead, firing off a blast of pink energy from its beak, Sooyoung perched on its back, finger outstretched as she orders another Moonblast attack.

“Damn, she’s a beauty,” Chanyeol breathes as Altaria dodges a sludge missile aimed its way.

“Kyungsoo’s going to be disappointed in you,” Junmyeon nudges him.

“I mean, Kyungsoo’s my boyfriend, but I can admire hot and beautiful people too,” Chanyeol says, winking, but under the apparent torrential rain, it just looks like his eye is twitching.

“Come on, let’s go help them out.”

*

“Any luck?”

“Half of it,” Youngjae says, then shuts the book. “You know, I can kind of read it without referring to the book now.”

Daehyun looks up at the inscriptions. The inscriptions 2. They still look like a mess of jumbled mass of black to him. Now, the Unown’s eyes are open, blinking down at them. No wonder they had missed them earlier. The Unown hadn’t intended to reveal themselves.

“So, what does it say?”

“Waiting at the end of this holy sanctuary is the messenger of the sun. Waiting at the end of this holy sanctuary is the choice you have to make, the path you have to take. Uh…wait, gimme a moment.”

Youngjae squints. Half the Unown are already glowing with some otherworldly maroon aura—the words that Youngjae has already deciphered. He gives a groan and reads the Unown, voice unwavering and sure.

“Make the wrong…choice. And wander these halls for eternity,” Youngjae says.

The moment those words leave his mouth, the Unown glow. The place trembles. Dust rains down on them as the rock wall the Unown were embedded on begin to move, the black Pokemon fleeing from their allotted space on the wall. The wall splits into two slabs, parting to reveal a pathway lined with golden embellishments and marble tiles. The place is…bright, to say the least.

“So, the messenger’s at the end of this hallway,” Youngjae says. “And holy sanctuary? This place must have been a temple or something.”

Daehyun swallows thickly, Adam’s apple bobbing. Monferno opts to travel by his side, as does Youngjae’s Lopunny. They travel in silence, the only sounds their shoes thudding softly against the golden tiles.

The room at the end of the golden passageway is clad entirely in gold as well, save for the roof. The ceiling is decorated with a motif of a sun, laced with what looks to be red orbs. While the ceiling’s artwork is impressive, what catches their attention more is the red- and white-coloured egg in the middle of the room on a pedestal, surrounded by twigs and sticks and leaves. A nest of sorts.

“This is…the messenger of the sun?”

Daehyun walks up to the pedestal and inspects the egg. He doesn’t want a repeat of the previous room.

“Looks like it,” Youngjae says, nodding.

The room becomes hotter all of a sudden, and, no, Daehyun decides that there is something else in the room that is more likely to be said messenger. In his peripheral, he catches the shadow of something large with wings darting about the corners, slinking into whatever shadows there are. Youngjae seems to have sensed it too, and is on his guard, shoulders tense. Both Lopunny and Monferno are entering a battle stance.

The attack comes out of nowhere. A Fiery Dance attack shoots past them, bursts of flame missing them by inches. Monferno’s fur singes, and Daehyun barely has time to turn around when he presses himself against a pillar, the fireball hitting the stone pillar instead, fizzling into cinders.

“Lopunny, Agility!” The Pokemon prances about, speed increasing with every step.

They must outspeed it, or they’d never be able to catch it. The newcomer lets out a cry, its six wings cutting through the air like blades. Daehyun takes his Pokedex in hand and flips it open.

Volcarona. Level 100. Type: Bug/Fire. Moves learned: Fiery Dance, Hurricane, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance. Ability: Swarm (ups power of Bug-type attacks when health is low). A sea of fire engulfs the surroundings of their battles, since they use their six wings to scatter their ember scales.

Level 100. The maximum level a Pokemon can attain. Holy , they might not survive this. Can this possibly be messenger of the sun?

“Return!”

Lopunny throws itself at Volcarona and jabs a fist into it. Volcarona is unfazed, instead opting to attack with a Bug Buzz move. Silver rings of sound hit Lopunny, forcing the Pokemon back, nearly taking it out.

“Baton Pass!”

Lopunny returns to its ball, and Youngjae sends out Cubone. “Bonemerang!”

Daehyun yells, “Feint!”

Monferno moves the same time Cubone does. Cubone tosses the bone it always carries in its hand, the weapon spinning through the air, slicing its way towards the Volcarona. Monferno moves like a blur, only appearing with its fist drawn back, tail in the air, fire burning fiercely.

Volcarona cries out once more, drawing energy from the air and surrounding itself with a whirlwind. The bluster blows around them, like an angry tornado about to strike. It’s most likely preparing another Hurricane attack. The egg on the pedestal begins to wobble, almost as if…

“Daehyun! Get the egg!”

Daehyun’s head snaps to where the pedestal is. The red- and white-stained egg topples, its shiny surface glinting in the golden light reflected off the walls. Any moment now and it will be nothing but yolk and white and pieces of shell.

Daehyun takes off, feet slapping against the tiles as he dives towards the egg, already slipping off its comfortable perch on the nest. The nest crumbles from the force of the Hurricane, wood flying everywhere. Youngjae is holding his own against the Volcarona’s Hurricane, Cubone holding up well with its bone held up in defense.

Well, that is, until a white light blooms from it, blinding those on sight.

A new form appears from the light, a larger bone held against the Volcarona. With one flick of its bone, the Pokemon disperses the wind. The Hurricane is no more.

Meanwhile, Daehyun lands hard on the ground, Monferno dashing forward and managing to cushion his fall by grabbing his shirt collar, choking Daehyun a little, but at least he grabs the egg and shoves it against his chest. He can feel it warm against him, almost like it contains the child of the sun.

The Volcarona must be the messenger.

Daehyun lies sprawled on the ground, completely vulnerable to all attacks. Monferno springs off him, taking a Bug Buzz attack from the Volcarona.

Then, the Volcarona stops attacking, almost as abruptly as it has started. Its wingbeats get slower and slower, then it collapses to the ground. Youngjae, perplexed, takes a few hesitant steps over to inspect it. Daehyun cradles the egg in his arms as he walks over to the Volcarona, which shows no signs of moving.

“.” Youngjae drops to one knee and runs his fingers over its fur-covered body, before pressing his palm to its grey belly underneath. “It’s cold.”

Daehyun looks down at the egg, Monferno moving to his side, fiery tail flickering. Is this egg, perhaps, the Volcarona’s?

“It’s old,” Youngjae says, swiping a finger across Volcarona’s scaly wings. “That egg…it must have been looking for a suitable guardian.”

“And…? Oh.” Realization dawns on Daehyun’s face. They are the chosen guardians.

Daehyun feels a tug on his pant leg and looks down at Monferno pointing to the egg. Youngjae’s eyes widen in curiosity as the egg begins to quiver in Daehyun’s grip. Cracks split the shell, running along the egg like crevices. The egg begins to shake, violently now, and the shell cracks open, pieces falling to the floor with loud clatters, as a small, bug Pokemon emerges from it.

The bug Pokemon is tiny, has a white, furry head and a black sclera with eyes as blue as the ocean. Five red horns encircle its head, each warm to the touch. The rest of its body is brown and oval-shaped, tiny legs poking out from its side.

The first thing it does is to wriggle out from what remains of the egg into Daehyun’s arms.

Daehyun’s Pokedex flashes.

Larvesta. Level 1. Type: Bug/Fire. Moves learned: Ember, String Shot. Ability: Swarm (ups the power of Bug-type moves when health is low). Said to have been born from the sun, it spews fire from its horns and encases itself in a cocoon of fire when it evolves.

Born from the sun. So this must be the messenger!

The Larvesta nudges Daehyun’s arm, then demands to be let down through a series of squeals and wiggling. Daehyun sets the Pokemon down on the ground. Larvesta skitters over to what looks to be a doorway that had just opened up, tiny flames bursting from the tips of its horns in excitement.

For a newborn, that thing sure is lively.

“This must be the way out,” Youngjae says, looking back at Daehyun. Daehyun smiles a little because Youngjae looks just like a child again—with the patches of dirt on his face, hair tousled, eyes sparkling. “Come on.”

Daehyun nods, picking Larvesta up again as he goes, faithfully followed by their Pokemon as they walk out to where the sun finally shines.

*

Himchan throws his arm up to shield his eyes from the blinding light that engulfs Kirlia. The raw power of the evolution has him reeling back, trying to squint at Kirlia’s new form through the gaps between his fingers.

The Muk roars and sends a large tsunami composed entirely of the grime and waste it is made of. Mightyena barely manages to push Himchan out of the way, leaping into its Trainer with a roar. Himchan coughs as he hits the ground, hard. He spits dirt out of his mouth as he turns to look back up at his Pokemon, ignoring his Pokedex.

Gardevoir. Level 31. Type: Fairy/Psychic. Moves learned: Psychic, Calm Mind, Draining Kiss, Heal Pulse. Ability: Trace (copies ability of foe). To protect its Trainer, it will expend all its psychic power to create a small black hole.

Himchan watches as Gardevoir proceeds to attack Muk with a Calm Mind-boosted Psychic, sending waves of pink psychic energy towards Muk, hitting it spot-on.

The Muk visibly recoils and from its body bursts several spheres of purple. The blobs land on the ground, and eyes appear from them.

Himchan gawps at it.

It literally just birthed four Grimer.

What the heck.

One of the Grimer launches itself at Himchan and Himchan braces himself for the impact, to feel the slime and poison on his skin. And Arceus, the smell is terrible.

He feels nothing, though, and Himchan has half a mind to believe that his physical form has already be splashed with Grimer and eroded away to nothing, and that all that remains is his spirit. However, when he opens his eyes, he sees a large, orange Pokemon in front of him, with small wings, but a powerful presence.

A Dragonite.

Himchan gives a cry, partly in fear and partly in shock as the Dragonite obliterates the Grimer with a powerful Dragon Pulse. Mightyena barks loudly, but the Dragonite takes no notice. From its mouth, it fires off a beam of fire, perhaps attempting to Burn the Muk.

The Muk’s fluid body curls to avoid the fire, pressing itself close to the ground, seemingly preparing to sink deep into the earth, but the Dragonite isn’t giving it the chance. With a Superpower move, the Dragonite angles a punch straight at the earth. Cracks begin to form on the reddish stone that makes up the earth, forcing Muk up onto the surface.

“Moonblast!”

A blue bird-like Pokemon soars overhead, raining pink blows of energy on the Muk. The Muk quickly goes down to the shots of Moonblast, despite the attack being ineffective.

The blue bird lands, clouds puffing up and surrounding its body as the girl riding atop it alights, making her way hastily over to Himchan’s side.

“Holy Tapu, you’re hurt!” she says. Right, Himchan’s arm was bleeding. Throughout the course of the battle he’s completely forgotten about it.

Gardevoir glides towards Himchan, then raises its arm, releasing a pulse of warmth. Heal Pulse. Immediately, the wound begins to disappear.

“What a strong Pokemon,” the girl says, smiling. Himchan swears he’s seen her before. Somewhere. Gardevoir reacts to her praise, blushing furiously.

“Come on, you have to get somewhere safe. I’m not sure how long these buildings can hold…”

It must have been some sick joke, because the next moment, the already-crumbly building beside them begins to topple, alerting them with the creaky noise and clouds of dust and detritus that descend from above.

“Leaf Blade!”

The building is desecrated from behind, large chunks of building missing them by inches, crashing into the ground beside them, throwing up a blanket of dirt. Himchan winces as he feels his arm splattered with all sorts of dirty. He’s taking a nice, long bubble bath the next time he can.

A familiar figure walks towards them, his Serperior beside him. When the dust settles, Himchan face nearly splits in a grin.

“Jongup!”

The girl turns as well, spotting Jongup as the boy makes his way over. The front of his shirt is torn, chest bloodied, as if ravaged by some merciless monstrosity.

“What happened to you?” Himchan runs over and stops the boy in his tracks, placing both hands on his shoulders. “You, young man, are to stop walking right this instant.”

Jongup says nothing, and watches as Himchan’s newly-evolved Gardevoir releases another wave of warmth. The blood instantly disappears and the skin patches itself together. The shirt remains torn, though, giving Himchan the opportunity to enjoy the view. Jongup is ripped.

“We don’t know if there are any more threats around,” the girl says, walking over to the two. “Come on, Dragonite’ll get you to safety—”

Himchan shoots Dragonite a sceptical look. The Pokemon tilts its head in confusion. The girl seems to notice, then says, “I can let you travel on Hydreigon, if you’d like…or Altaria.” She must know of the Dragonite incident, because there is no questions asked. Himchan misses the rather sad look on Dragonite’s face, but the girl returns the Pokemon to its ball.

“It’s fine. Himchan has a bird Pokemon,” Jongup says, giving Himchan a sideways glance. Himchan takes the cue and releases Fearow.

With Himchan on its back and Jongup on Altaria’s, the two Flying-types make for the evacuation centres at the edge of the city, the girl waving goodbye to them from the ground.

*

Now, where can the Pokemon have gone?

Yongguk runs past the rows and rows of rubble, trying his best to seek out the Pokemon that has eluded him thus far. He catches sight of its brown, swishing tail as it disappears round a corner.

“Come bac—” Yongguk shouts, however, halting his footsteps when he sees the Pokemon run straight into a man’s leg. The man scoops the Pokemon up, the Pokemon yelping and trying to bite its way out, but the man seems to have anticipated this, and yanks his arm away, while keeping the Pokemon in his grip. His Magnezone floats behind him.

“Is this Eevee yours?” the man asks. His eyes hold suspicion.

“No,” Yongguk shakes his head, watching with mild amusement at the man trying to contain the Pokemon while it’s struggling so hard to get away. Eevee, huh? So that’s what it’s called.

“Is it a wild one, then?” the man wonders. He grabs an empty Pokeball from his belt and taps it on the struggling Pokemon’s head. The Eevee goes into the Pokeball and it shakes before the catch clicks shut. Both Yongguk and the man looks down at the motionless Pokeball.

Yongguk’s Pokedex buzzes as he flips it open.

Eevee. Level 13. Type: Normal. Moves learned: Sand-Attack, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Baby-Doll Eyes. Ability: Adaptability (ups the power of moves that are the same type as the user). Eevee has an unstable genetic makeup that suddenly mutates due to the environment in which it lives. Radiation from various stones causes this Pokémon to evolve.

“Wild one,” the man concludes, then throws the Pokeball open. The Eevee leaps out, then bares its teeth at the man. It makes a leap for his legs, sharp teeth open in an attempt to bite him. It misses and crashes into a pile of rubble. Before it manages to recover, the man scoops it up into a hug once more.

“So, it’s wild,” the man says, handing the ball to Yongguk. “You can have it.” Yongguk takes the Eevee from the man’s grasp. The Eevee nips at his finger, and Yongguk yelps, drawing his hand away.

“Looks like it wants to get somewhere. Take it there,” the man says. “I gotta go now. See ya!”

Without a second word, he leaves. Yongguk yells after him, asking what’s his deal, but of course, the man doesn’t answer, floating away on his Magnezone.

Eevee leaps out of Yongguk’s arm and begins running again, this time turning down another alleyway. Yongguk follows it, Rufflet flying by his side. When they find the Eevee again, it’s crouched against what looks to be a body of a red Pokemon that bears a striking resemblance to Eevee. It’s probably the parent, or a sibling.

Yongguk walks over, squatting beside the Eevee. The Eevee does not act as hostile. It doesn’t appear to have noticed Yonguk at all. Eevee paws at the flank of the red Pokemon.

Flareon. Level 34. Type: Fire. Moves learned: Smog, Scary Face, Fire Spin, Fire Fang. Ability: Flash Fire (absorbs Fire-type attacks and powers up Attack/Special Attack). Flareon's fluffy fur has a functional purpose-it releases heat into the air so that its body does not get excessively hot. This Pokémon's body temperature can rise to a maximum of 900 degrees Celsius.

The Flareon appears to be badly hurt, its shiny yellow tail caught under some rubble, pinning it in place. Its sleek, slightly orange fur covered in dirt and dust. It hacks out a cough, body convulsing weakly. It must have breathed in too much dust.

The Eevee turns around and bares its teeth at Yongguk, who reaches for his Pokeball and releases Houndoom. With the effort of both Rufflet’s incredible strength in its talons and Houndoom’s raw bulk, they manage to lift the crushing chunk of concrete, freeing the Flareon. Scooping the Flareon up into his embrace, Yongguk proceeds to make his way out of the alleyway while constantly ensuring that Eevee is keeping up.

When he reaches the entrance of the alleyway, a voice calls out to him. Yongguk turns to see Sooyoung running over, her Altaria gliding behind her, cloud-like wings beating occasionally.

“Everything all right there?” Sooyoung hurries over, then gasps when she sees the battered form of the Flareon, the Pokemon still and barely breathing.

“I’m trying to take it to a Pokemon Center,” Yongguk says, whilst wondering whether said Pokemon Centre is still active and taking in customers.

Expectedly, yet disappointingly, Sooyoung verifies that indeed, the Pokemon Centre is out of commission, but Yongguk can take it to the relief tents set up at the edge of the city, near Route 8. Yongguk nods and makes a dash towards the colourful tents in the distance. He hasn’t caught sight of Himchan, Jongup or Junhong, and prays with all his heart that they’re alright.

*

“The threat in Heatstorm has been neutralized.”

Yixing nods. The head of the Feral Containment Department returns the nod, then proceeds to state that there are signs of Feral Abomasnow and Snover lurking outside Snowberry City and that Minseok is taking measures to protect his citizens from them.

Yixing dismisses the man and he leaves the room with a salute. The next one who walks in is the blonde, bespectacled woman that is the leader of the Natural Disasters Unit. She bows and reports that there has been signs of volcanic activity from Mount Fireward, the volcano very near the city of Heatstorm. Yixing’s expression goes solemn. Heatstorm is already dealing with the Feral Pokemon problem and now it has to take on Mount Fireward’s wrath as well. Chanyeol’s going to be up to his ears in work.

“It’s not natural, though,” the woman says. “It appears to be about to erupt because of the activities of a certain Pokemon that lives deep inside it.”

Yixing hums as he stands up from his desk. He walks over to the coatrack and retrieves his warm, woolly cloak.

“Sir?” the woman looks at him.

“I’ll head down to Mount Fireward myself,” Yixing says. He personally dislikes the heat and soot and the rocky surfaces that come with volcanoes…who knows what would happen if he just leaves it up to Chanyeol.

“Please be careful, Mr Zhang. We have no idea—”

Yixing raises a hand to silence her. She gulps, biting back whatever word has been on her tongue. Yixing’s Roserade leaps from his desk to join him, opting to sit on his shoulder.

“I know how to take care of myself, Mrs Lee.”

Yixing’s lips quirk into a smile as he leaves.

*

Youngjae and Daehyun emerges from the ruins relatively unscathed, aside from two growling tummies. The first thing they notice is the marvellous scenery presented to them from the outlook. They are atop a cliff—the ruins perhaps took them there—and stretching out to the horizon are forests, other mountains, valleys, canyons and roads and grasslands covering every inch of Oakre. Heatstorm is nowhere in sight, though. Perhaps it’s on the other side of the cliff.

“, this is beautiful,” Daehyun grins. He reaches for his Pokedex and snaps a few shots. Youngjae does the same.

Larvesta scuttles over to what looks to be a Nanab berry plant, roasting a few berries with its fire. Monferno and Lopunny help it with the berry-gathering, filling their arms up to the brim with Nanab berries.

They tuck into the berries while chatting and looking out at the view. When they’re done with their meal, they decide to follow the trail up the volcano, eager to explore their surroundings a little more. Leaving without the red gem is a little disappointing, but maybe they’d find something up here that will suffice instead?

The mountain path is steep and there’s nothing they’d expected from a normal mountain path—no signs warning them of potential falling boulders, no railings to keep them from plummeting to their doom, but there are various clusters of wild Pokemon running about, paying them no mind.

As they ascend, it gets hotter and hotter, to the point where Daehyun feels like he’s melting.

“Whoa!”

Youngjae trips and topples forward. Daehyun’s blood runs cold when he sees the portion of the road that Youngjae was on crumble and fall away. Youngjae gingerly picks himself up, rubbing at his elbow, where he’d presumably scraped them.

“You hurt?” Daehyun stumbles over to help his friend, who waves him away.

“Fine, just great,” Youngjae says, brushing at the beads of blood forming from the wound. “I’m fine.

Daehyun nods. The wound doesn’t look too serious, and Youngjae’s definitely going to live. They continue on their way, till they reach a plateau. Daehyun swipes at the sweat gathering on his forehead, dripping down his cheeks. This must be near the top of the volcano.

“There’s a cave there,” Youngjae says, pointing to what looks to be a tunnel leading further into the volcano. Daehyun dreads to think how boiling it’d be inside. The heat outside already feels like an oven, let alone the inside.

Still, the excited Larvesta quickly makes its way towards the cavern, accompanied by Monferno and Lopunny. Daehyun sighs and proceeds to head in with Youngjae. Perhaps they’d find something of use there, well, to replace the red gem that Himchan had wanted and to quell his anger.

What they don’t expect, however, is to find a large chamber, the ceiling stretching up to at least the height of six Daehyuns. The room is surrounded by pillars forged from stone, each sporting an intricate pattern that has something to do with the sun. However, what’s catches their attention most of all is the fact that there’s nothing in here except debris and destroyed buildings, or what remains of them at least. Most structures don’t even resemble buildings anymore and Daehyun can only guess that they were.

Everything appears to be blackened, charred. The whole place looks thoroughly gutted to the ground. Is this where some ancient civilization used to live? Did Daehyun and Youngjae make the discovery of a century?

“There’s a room at the far end,” Youngjae says, pointing to what indeed looks like a doorway. “Let’s go.”

Daehyun hums in affirmation and they carefull weave their way through the burned structures. They don’t look like they’ve been razed to the ground recently. Once or twice, Daehyun steps over what he believes to be bones. Whether people or Pokemon, he doesn’t know, and frankly, doesn’t care. They reach the other end without harassment by anyone or anything, and now they’re standing just mere steps outside of the next room.

“Look at that!” Youngjae stares at it, dumbfounded. Daehyun follows his gaze and finds himself staring at a pedestal mounted on a platform of rocks. It’s the exact gold that composed of the walls of Volcarona’s lair. Carved into it appears to be an indent with a shape that looks like it would fit the red gem perfectly. Just what’s going on?

“Well, well, well.”

Daehyun and Youngjae turn at the sound. A silhouette stands at the doorway at the far end of the room, past all the detritus. Daehyun squints and watches as the man boards his Ferrothorn, the Pokemon’s swinging vines and pike-like arms smash into the ruins around him, obliterating what could possibly have been a historical site worth investigation.

“Look what we have here,” the man says, approaching them. As he gets nearer and nearer, Daehyun recognizes him immediately.

It’s the same man that had come to take Hoseok away back in Faultmount. The one who had said his farewells in such a mocking tone that it made Daehyun’s blood boil. Daehyun clenches his fists and grits his teeth as he watches the man get closer.

“Monferno! Mach Punch!”

Monferno darts past the debris and proceeds to aim a punch at the Ferrothorn’s metallic body. The Ferrothorn gives a grunt as it swats Monferno away with its Power Whip attack as if the Pokemon is nothing but a gnat. Daehyun returns Monferno to its ball. This Ferrothorn is obviously way stronger than when he last seen it as a Ferroseed.

Daehyun flips his Pokedex open. He needs to check out how strong this Pokemon is, and to know what he’s up against.

Ferrothorn. Level 45. Type: Grass/Steel. Moves learned: Self-Destruct, Iron Defense, Power Whip, Mirror Shot. Ability: Iron Barbs (hurts Pokemon that makes contact with it). By swinging around its three spiky feelers and shooting spikes, it can obliterate an opponent.

Level 45. Hell, their Pokemon are in their early thirties. There’s no way…

“Hey, hey, hold on,” the man raises his hands, as if meaning no harm. “I’ve got something you’re looking for.”

The man reaches into a pocket on his coat and he holds up the red gem in his gloved fingers.

“See,” the man says, holding it up such that it glints under the light. “This is what you want, isn’t it?”

This man knew about all this, Daehyun thinks. He knew about the red gem and this chamber and the secret it holds. Whatever sinister thing this man is planning, Daehyun isn’t sure he wants to be a part of it, but he’s not going to just stand by and let the man do whatever he wants here.

“Now, let me pass,” the man says, stepping off his Ferrothorn, eyeing them expectantly. Daehyun stands his ground. He has released Shelgon, and Youngjae’s Lopunny looks prepared to throw a fist if it has to.

“Arceus, you all are a bunch of idiots,” the man says, throwing up his hands as his expression morphs into one of irritation and disgust. “Ferrothorn, Power Whip!”

“Lopunny! Jump Kick!”

Lopunny springs into the air, puffed and muscled legs aiming for Ferrothorn. Daehyun issues his own command as well, “Shelgon! Dragon Claw!”

“Seriously! Two against one? No fair!” the man singsongs as he throws open another Pokeball, this time revealing an Empoleon. Empoleon, with a Whirlpool attack, spits a tornado of water at Lopunny, the Pokemon up and trapping it in the vortex before the Pokemon’s attack can land.

Empoleon. Level 43. Type: Water/Steel. Moves learned: Whirlpool, Swagger, Fury Attack, Brine. Ability: Torrent (ups power of Water-type moves when health is low). It swims as fast as a jet boat. The edges of its wings are sharp and can slice apart drifting ice.

Ferrothorn aims its spiked arms towards Shelgon and whacks it across the flank, sending Shelgon crashing into a pile of ruins. Shelgon quickly shakes it off and lunges at Ferrothorn with a Dragon Claw attack, but alas, the move barely dents Ferrothorn’s spiky armour, instead inflicting Shelgon with Iron Barbs damage.

Youngjae isn’t having too easy of a time either. Lopunny brings its leg up to kick at Empoleon once more, only to be met with resistance from the Pokemon’s steel flippers. Empoleon clamps down on Lopunny’s leg and proceeds to bombard it with a jet of water that is the Brine attack.

Shelgon is taken down swiftly with a well-aimed Mirror Shot, pieces of shining metal embedding themselves in Shelgon’s hard shell, ichor spilling out onto the ground in splashes. Daehyun returns Shelgon before it can sustain any more damage. He brings out Cottonee, the Pokemon raring to go.

“Leech Seed!”

The man looks affronted at this, “Are you stupid or what?”

The Leech Seed bounces harmlessly off Ferrothorn’s body, the Pokemon staring at the offending spheres with mild annoyance.

“Leech Seed doesn’t affect Grass-types,” the man explains calmly and triumphantly. “Mirror Shot!”

“Cottonee!” Daehyun gives a pained shout as Cottonee takes the attack meant for Daehyun, the pieces of metal digging into its body and dealing super-effective damage. Cottonee is thrown against Daehyun’s body, the Pokemon motionless in his embrace.

“Pathetic!” the man is grinning now, revealing perfectly-lined teeth. He holds the red gem out proudly. “Step aside!”

A sudden thump has Daehyun snapping his head to look at Youngjae, who is returning Lopunny to its ball and bringing out Braixen. Daehyun rubs at the sweat on his chin. Youngjae’s breathing is heavy as he continues to shout commands, and Braixen follows them faithfully. Daehyun looks down at Cottonee, exhausted and definitely not used to this heat.

He does the only thing he can.

Daehyun whips out the Sun Stone that Jongup had given him much earlier in the day, and he presses it to Cottonee’s body.

There is a blinding flash of light as Cottonee’s form begins to change. Its body becomes puffier, softer, and definitely lighter. When the light dies down, Cottonee has become a completely different Pokemon.

It’s a strange feeling, Daehyun thinks as he watches Cottonee, no, Whimsicott, leap forward, a determined expression on its face as it stands its ground against Ferrothorn.

Whimsicott. Level 31. Type: Grass/Fairy. Moves learned: Tailwind, Poisonpowder, Giga Drain, Leech Seed. Ability: Prankster (status moves always act first). It rides on the wind and slips into people’s homes. After it has turned a room into a cotton-filled mess, it giggles to itself and takes off.

Whimsicott glances over at Braixen, almost as if it has a plan. Luckily, Braixen catches its gaze, and nods in understanding. Intrigued by what their Pokemon have up their sleeves, Daehyun can only watch as Cottonee uses a Giga Drain attack and Braixen sends a vortex of fire out.

However, their attacks crisscross, taking the man by surprise. Ferrothorn is caught in the fire vortex, dealing super-effective damage and Giga Drain hits Empoleon—while it may not be super-effective, it certainly helps Whimsicott get some health back. Ferrothorn sustains major burns as it continues to be trapped in the swirl of fire.

Whimsicott has gained enough energy to fight back, sending a Leech Seed towards Empoleon. This time, the seeds take root, shoots coiling around Empoleon’s flippers and body, the life out of it as Empoleon stumbles about, trying to remove itself of the plants that are now clinging to it.

“What the !” the man, enraged, curses. He lets loose a string of expletives as he orders for Empoleon to attack with a Fury Attack. Empoleon dives at Braixen towards its beak, but is intercepted by Whimsicott with a Giga Drain to the face.

“Look out!”

Daehyun hears Youngjae’s voice as Youngjae dives for him, grabbing his sleeve and nearly ripping the fabric as he drags Daehyun to the ground, behind some rubble. Daehyun is about to question Youngjae when he sees it.

Ferrothorn lets loose a Self-Destruct attack, expending all its energy in a large wave that is sure to knock out any that is in contact with it. Daehyun quickly returns Whimsicott to its Pokeball, and Youngjae, Braixen. They duck behind the rubble as the room begins to shake with the force of the Self-Destruct. The air thickens with dust and dirt.

The tension is gone as soon as it has come.

“If this is all it takes to get those brats running I should have done that from the start,” the man mutters.

Daehyun peeks out from behind his cover, along with Youngjae. There is a large circle of destruction where Ferrothorn had initiated the Self-Destruct. The attack leaves no remains—everything that had been in that radius has been completely and utterly destroyed. The shockwaves had hit the surrounding buildings. Everything looks more crumbly than before.

As if expecting Daehyun and Youngjae to retaliate, the man quickly makes for the pedestal, red gem in hand.

“Stop!” Daehyun shouts.

“Oh Arceus, Seokjin, you can’t even kill two kids?”

Daehyun freezes as an unknown voice reverberates around the room, sleepy voice  bouncing off the walls. He turns to the sound of the voice just as Youngjae barrels past him, intent on keeping the man, Seokjin, away from the pedestal. Daehyun sees a much shorter man with a Staravia lifting him over the rubble. He must be in cahoots with this Seokjin, and by extension, Team BTS.

It’s almost as if his outfit answers Daehyun’s question, because on his black dress shirt’s pocket, the emblem of Team BTS is sewn on. The two, haunting white trapeziums that have been burned into Daehyun’s vision from that encounter in Faultmount City.

“,” Youngjae breathes. As if one isn’t enough, another one has arrived, and they both look strong. Hell, Seokjin is strong on his own, having to force an evolution from Cottonee to give them a chance of survival.

The newcomer lands right at the entrance of the golden room just as Seokjin approaches the pedestal.

“Stop!”

Youngjae bursts from cover, taking both Daehyun and the Team BTS members by surprise. Braixen gives a cry, fire bursting from the stick it wields.

“Persian!”

A feline Pokemon leaps out of nowhere, catching Youngjae across the throat, claws reaching up to maul at him as Youngjae slams heavily to the ground. Whimsicott bursts from its ball and takes action immediately, lending support with a Tailwind move.

“What the …why can’t you guys just stay out of our way!” Seokjin, infuriated, shrieks. He releases Empoleon from earlier, the Pokemon releasing another Brine attack that Cottonee blocks with its fluffy protective coating.

“Kill him,” the man commands, with no remorse at all.

Persian raises its claws, and sharply brings it down, aiming for Youngjae’s throat.

Braixen, thanks to the Tailwind boost, is faster, firing off a Psybeam and knocking the Persian off its Trainer. Youngjae scrabbles to his feet, hand clutching at his throat as he takes in a few deep breaths. Daehyun helps him to his feet.

“Giga Drain!”

Whimsicott recovers whatever bit of health it’s lost, absorbing the light orbs that stream from Empoleon’s body. From behind, Persian prepares to strike, disappearing in a blur as it strikes Braixen, the Pokemon taking the hit for Whimsicott. Braixen counters with a Fire Spin move of its own.

“Poison Powder!”

“Light Screen!”

Whimsicott and Braixen switch targets simultaneously, Whimsicott flinging a scatter of purple powder onto Persian and Braixen drawing up a psychic shield, bracing itself against Empoleon’s Whirlpool attack.

Daehyun is suddenly dragged back, a sharp claw gripping his shirt with such force that he stumbles backwards. Another talon poises itself at his neck.

“Stop or I’ll kill him.”

Daehyun’s blood pounds in his ears as he watches Youngjae stop in his tracks. He’s acutely aware of the razor claw at his neck, mere inches from his flesh. Any time, at the command of the newcomer, the Staravia can rip him to shreds, starting with his jugular.

“Return your Pokemon to its Pokeball,” the man says to Youngjae. “Except the Whimsicott.”

The whole room goes silent. Daehyun can see the conflict in Youngjae’s eyes. Either refuse and Daehyun dies, and Youngjae would die later, or give up now and still possibly die. Daehyun tries to tell him with his eyes. Tell him that he should continue fighting, even if Daehyun is gone.

“Seokjin, the stone.”

Seokjin nods, a smirk on his lips, as he walks over to the pedestal, gem in hand? Is that not a regular red gem? What does it have to do with…?

“Watch,” the man growls, sounding almost proud, and Staravia yanks Daehyun’s head with its talon, angling him to gaze upon whatever satanic ritual they’re engaging in. Youngjae is currently held in place by Persian as well, utterly defenceless.

Seokjin places the stone on the pedestal. The golden structure gives a groan and the gem flashes with a red light. The room begins to fill up with a near-unbearable scorching heat. A sheen of sweat begins to line Daehyun’s forehead as he stares. The pedestal sinks into the ground, disappearing as the soil buries it all the way. The red gem vanishes from sight.

A thundering rumbling has Daehyun nearly losing his balance. Every breath he takes is a struggle as the heat constantly assaults them. Daehyun cannot imagine how it’s like for Seokjin, who seems to be taking it all in stride. His cheeks are glistening with sweat, matted hair plastered to his forehead. The Trainer of the Staravia and Persian seem to be feeling the heat as well, the man constantly swiping at the droplets of perspiration on his face.

Daehyun gasps for air as the heat begins to die down. He can feel all energy leaving him as he hacks on all fours. Staravia loses its grip on him and screeches, flying back to its Trainer, perching on his shoulder. Daehyun can barely concentrate as smoke emerges from the chamber with the pedestal, spilling out in billowing clouds of black and grey.

He hears a maniacal laughter and finds Seokjin stepping away from the chamber, a grin on his face that stretches from ear to ear, his arms held out, as if about to embrace whatever that they have just awakened. If not for this dire situation they’re in, Daehyun would have had found some humour in his pose and expression.

Daehyun can only watch helplessly, eyes watering, as he returns Whimsicott to its Pokeball. The Pokemon can’t take much more of this heat, being a Grass-type and all. A hand grips his arm and Daehyun is dragged towards some cover by Youngjae, who is holding a hand over his nose and mouth, yellow jacket scratched and singed and blackened to a certain degree.

Something roars loudly, stomping hard with its metallic feet. It emerges from the smoke, clanging with every step. It makes Daehyun’s ears hurt. He rubs at his eyes, hoping to clear his vision. Arceus help them. His Pokedex starts beeping, but he really can’t be bothered to take it out right about now.

Heatran. Level 96. Type: Fire/Steel. Moves learned: Magma Storm, Stone Edge, Heat Wave, Earth Power. Ability: Flash Fire (absorbs Fire-type attacks and boosts user’s Fire-type attacks). It dwells in volcanic caves. It digs in with its cross-shaped feet to crawl on ceilings and walls.   

A legendary. Must be.

“This had better work, Yoongi,” Seokjin says, clutching what looks to be violet ball in his hands. Heatran roars, clearly annoyed from being interrupted from its slumber, sends a wave of curtain of fire at them. Seokjin releases his Bastiodon. The Pokemon sustains serious damage, but its rock hard head manages to protect both it and its Trainer from the fierce fireballs.

Yoongi, the other man, nods, and Seokjin brandishes the ball, shouting, “You’re coming with us, Heatran!”

Heatran roars once more in defiance, stomping hard on the ground. The ground erupts in pillars, earth rising and hardening quicker than the eye can see. Daehyun and Youngjae give a groan as they bounce along with the earth. If the Team BTS members aren’t going to kill them, the Heatran will. They’ve got to get out of here. The situation has definitely become something that they cannot handle.

From the corner of his eye, Daehyun sees Seokjin hurl the ball, catching Heatran by surprise. The ball hits Heatran on the leg, a piercing clank sound resounds through the chamber as the ball bursts open, Heatran inside in a show of white and red light. Heatran’s form disappears into the Pokeball as the purple Pokeball hits the ground.

The purple ball shakes once, twice…Daehyun is hoping with all his heart that the Heatran breaks out—he silently cheers for the Pokemon in his heart—but, to his dismay, and Youngjae’s, the ball’s clasp snaps shut. The ball stops moving. It remains still on the warm, rocky ground.

“We have to run, Daehyun,” Youngjae says, grabbing Daehyun’s hand. Daehyun gulps. They have to do it now, when the bad guys are distracted by their capture. Almost like headless Torchic, Youngjae and Daehyun make for the exit, vaulting themselves over short walls and sprinting like their lives depend on it.

“Arceus! They’re getting away!” Seokjin gives a cry of rage. “Bastiodon! Ancient Power!”

A large rock imbued with a lilac aura crashes next to Daehyun, missing his head by a few centimetres. Daehyun flinches at that but continues running. He scrapes his leg against a rock, feeling the wooden protrusion draw blood. Warm liquid drips down his leg, but it is nothing compared to the sudden, stabbing pain in his lungs.

He coughs, body convulsing, leaning forward, hand flying up to cover his mouth. As he lifts his head, he catches sight of a silhouette standing at the door, blocking the light, and all hope flies out of him, deflating him just like a balloon. So, even after all that effort, they’re still going to die…

“Roserade, Petal Dance.”

Daehyun and Youngjae yell as a series of petals swirl past them, nipping their skin at the most, but otherwise, leave them unharmed. The Petal Dance attack makes for the two Team BTS members, darting across the room, gliding on a gale of wind. Daehyun coughs once more. Arceus, his chest hurts.

“You alright, kids?” their saviour kneels down and helps Daehyun up. His other Pokemon, a Gogoat, nudges at Youngjae’s back with its muzzle.

“Tropius is outside. It’ll take you to the relief tents in Heatstorm,” the man says. Daehyun stumbles to his feet, but nods dumbly. The man gives him a dimpled smile and pats his back. It is as if Daehyun wakes up from a trance, as he’s grabbing Youngjae’s wrist and pulling him in the direction of a large green and brown Pokemon outside, large leafy wings in a resting position.

Tropius. Level 65. Type: Grass/Flying. Moves learned: Leaf Storm, Air Slash, Earthquake, Synthesis. Ability: Chlorophyll (boosts Speed in sunny weather). The bunches of fruit around Tropius’s neck are very popular with children. This Pokémon loves fruit, and eats it continuously. Apparently, its love for fruit resulted in its own outgrowth of fruit.

Daehyun and Youngjae both scramble atop the Tropius, the Pokemon nodding at its Trainer, then beating its large wings and heaving its hefty weight, combined with Daehyun’s and Youngjae’s, up into the blue of the sky.

Daehyun is exhausted, lying facedown on the Tropius’s back as he struggles to catch his breath. Youngjae doesn’t look like he’s in any better shape. He’s covered head-to-toe in what looks to be volcanic ash, soot and dirt, colouring his jacket a dark shade of brown. Youngjae is lying on his back, eyes closed, breathing steady.

Daehyun shuts his eyes. He’s exhausted, and his muscles are aching. Funny, he didn’t feel it until now. His arms and legs feel like lead, and he can barely open his eyes anymore. In fact, he just wants to sleep.

And sleep he does.

*

“What is that?”

Junhong looks up at the sky. A large shape sails past the clouds, descending, wing beats getting faster and faster as it prepares for landing. It hits the ground lightly, much like a feather, delivering to the medics at the scene two unconscious boys draped over its back.

“Junhong, wait, you’re hurt!”

Junhong runs over to the boy in the yellow jacket, carefully taking him from the Tropius’s care. Tropius lowers its back so that Youngjae tumbles into his arms. Yongguk helps take Daehyun off his back.

Youngjae’s cheek is pressed against his chest as Junhong rushes him over to one of the medical relief tents, where people injured in the attack on Heatstorm is being treated. The tent is cramped as it is, and the medical workers and their Pokemon are running about all over the place, sweating from every pore of their body as they attend to patient after patient. The injuries are varied, from twisted limbs to bruised and bloodied midsections to concussions and near-death situations.

Junhong manages to find a nice nurse, Nurse Im, who attends to Youngjae (and Daehyun, by extension). Junhong lays Youngjae down on what looks to be a lumpy and uncomfortable mattress. Whatever happened to them both? Daehyun is lain down right next to Youngjae.

“Junhong, get back to your bed right this instant!” Himchan shouts, earning several disgruntled glares from the other patients and staff. “You’re still not okay!” Junhong can care less about his bloodied leg right now.

Nurse Im gets to work right on Youngjae immediately, trying to diagnose his condition while the rest wait at the side. Himchan has decided to just heal Junhong with Gardevoir’s Heal Pulse, since the boy doesn’t seem to want to budge from his seat by Youngjae’s bedside. After hearing that Youngjae has mostly just breathed in too much smoke and had subsequently passed out, Nurse Im issued her Salandit orders to concoct a healing beverage.

“They’ll be fine,” Yongguk says, his Houndoom sitting by his side obediently, tail swishing from side to side. Junhong nods stiffly. Yongguk sighs, and announces that he’ll be taking his leave for now—him staying would just get in the way of the medical personnel.

Junhong remains, fists clenched on his lap as he watches the Salandit spit a puke-green liquid into a flask, which Nurse Im tips into both Youngjae and Daehyun’s mouths.

Yeah, they’ll be fine.

*

The sun is about to set, Yongguk notices. Heatstorm’s daytime lasts way longer than nighttime, despite the onset of winter (which doesn’t feel at all like winter). He is sitting with Himchan outside one of the accommodation relief tents. The League is doing everything they can to help the citizens of Heatstorm, providing emergency support, supplies, etcetera. Even the Elilte Four Kim Junmyeon and Park Sooyoung have been deployed to guard the tents from wild Pokemon.

Meanwhile, he’s not seen any of the mysterious fighters again, especially the one that had gifted him the Eevee.

Speaking of the Eevee, it is resting peacefully with its sibling, the shiny Flareon. The Flareon is healing up just fine. Its broken tail had been fixed and is currently asleep. Well, that’s great. Yongguk can just release Eevee and it can go back to living its life with its family.

“I wonder what happened to the kids,” Himchan says, sipping from a water bottle given out by the League’s relief effort team.

“Maybe they ran into some bad guys,” Yongguk says.

“Bad guys, hmm,” Himchan hums, capping the bottle. “At least they’re back. No long-lasting effects, I hope.”

“I’m going to look for Jongup,” Yongguk says. Knowing the boy, he’s most likely sparring with some wild Pokemon somewhere on Route 8.

Himchan gives him a wave while cautioning him against staying out too late. Yongguk returns the wave and heads off, Grovyle right behind him.

*********************************

Pokedex entries gathered:

Volcarona

Volcarona

Larvesta

Larvesta

Gardevoir

Gardevoir

Eevee

Eevee

Ferrothorn

Ferrothorn

Empoleon

Empoleon

Whimsicott

Whimsicott

Heatran

Heatran

Tropius

Tropius

Cameo appearances:

Pelipper (Junmyeon's Pokemon)

Pelipper

Drampa (Sooyoung and B-Bomb's Pokemon)

Drampa

Talonflame (Chanyeol's Pokemon)

Talonflame

Altaria (Sooyoung's Pokemon)

Altaria

Dragonite (Sooyoung's Pokemon)

Dragonite

Flareon (Eevee's sibling)

Flareon

Magnezone (Zico's Pokemon)

Magnezone

Abomasnow (rumoured to be outside Snowberry)

Abomasnow

Snover (rumoured to be outside Snowberry)

Snover

Roserade (Yixing's Pokemon)

Roserade

Staravia (Yoongi's Pokemon)

Staravia

Persian (Yoongi's Pokemon)

Persian

Bastiodon (Seokjin's Pokemon)

Bastiodon

Salandit (the nurse's Pokemon)

Salandit

****************************************

Daehyun's Pokemon:

-Whimsicott. Level 31. Type: Grass/Fairy. Moves learned: Giga Drain, Tailwind, Poison Powder, Leech Seed.
-Monferno. Level 29. Type: Fire/Fighting. Moves learned: Mach Punch, Flame Wheel, Torment, Feint.
-Shelgon. Level 30. Type: Dragon. Moves learned: Crunch, Dragon Claw, Focus Energy, Headbutt
-Plusle. Level 28. Type: Electric. Moves learned: Swift, Electro Ball, Charm, Charge

Youngjae's Pokemon:

-Petilil. Level 33. Type: Grass. Moves learned: Helping Hand, Aromatherapy, Stun Spore, Giga Drain.
-Lopunny. Level 33. Type: Normal. Moves learned: Jump Kick, Agility, Return, Baton Pass.
-Braixen. Level 32. Type: Fire. Moves learned: Psybeam, Lucky Chant, Light Screen, Fire Spin.
-Cubone. Level 27. Type: Ground. Moves learned: Rage, Leer, Bone Club, False Swipe.
-Misdreavus. Level 28. Type: Ghost. Moves learned: Hex, Mean Look, Confuse Ray, Psybeam.

Jongup's Pokemon:

-Helioptile. Level 36. Type: Normal/Electric. Moves learned: Razor Wind, Parabolic Charge, Bulldoze, Thunder Wave.
-Lucario. Level 39. Type: Fighting/Steel. Moves learned: Me First, Aura Sphere, Swords Dance, Bone Rush.
-Araquanid. Level 38. Type: Water/Bug. Moves learned: Crunch, Leech Life, Bubblebeam, Aqua Ring.
-Servine. Level 34. Type: Grass. Moves learned: Leaf Blade, Growth, Leaf Tornado, Slam.
-Minun. Level 32. Type: Electric: Moves learned: Charge, Copycat, Discharge, Fake Tears.

Junhong's Pokemon:

-Clefairy. Level 32. Type: Fairy. Moves learned: Wake-Up Slap, Metronome, Minimize, Stored Power
-Weepinbell. Level 34. Type: Grass/Poison. Moves learned: Vine Whip, Sweet Scent, Knock Off, Acid.
-Meditite. Level 36. Type: Fighting/Psychic. Moves learned: Hi Jump Kick, Reversal, Psych Up, Acupressure
-Croconaw. Level 29. Type: Water. Moves learned: Ice Fang, Flail, Water Gun, Bite.
-Yamask. Level 28. Type: Ghost. Moves learned: Will-o-Wisp, Ominous Wind, Hex, Haze.

Yongguk's Pokemon:

-Rufflet. Level 32. Type: Normal/Flying. Moves learned: Hone Claws, Defog, Slash, Aerial Ace
-Houndoom. Level 36. Type: Fire/Dark. Moves learned: Beat Up, Fire Fang, Howl, Faint Attack
-Ariados. Level 32. Type: Bug/Poison. Moves learned: Infestation, er Punch, Spider Web, Swords Dance
-Grovyle. Level 33. Type: Grass. Moves learned: Fury Cutter, Leaf Blade, Agility, Slam.

Himchan's Pokemon:

-Floette. Level 29. Type: Fairy. Moves learned: Fairy Wind, Razor Leaf, Grassy Terrain, Wish.
-Gardevoir. Level 31. Type: Fairy/Psychic. Moves learned: Draining Kiss, Heal Pulse, Psychic, Calm Mind.
-Brionne. Level 27. Type: Water. Moves learned: Icy Wind, Sing, Disarming Voice, Bubblebeam.
-Mightyena. Level 30. Type: Dark. Moves learned: Assurance, Roar, Scary Face, Swagger.
-Fearow. Level 27. Type: Normal/Flying. Moves learned: Aerial Ace, Fury Attack, Assurance, Agility