Pokemon Radio: Move Master (2)

(Best Absolute) Pokemon Trainers

Pokemon Radio: Move Master (2)
Hosts: Yongguk and Himchan

****************************

Himchan: Alright, this is Himchan, your DJ for today, and with me, I have Yonggukie. This is Pokemon Radio: Move Master, episode 2!

*clapping*

Himchan: This is kind of a follow-up episode from Trainer Teacher the last time, so this time, we're talking about moves that inflict status ailments. Since Yonggukie is our resident move master, he's going to be the main star of this episode.

Yongguk: Hi.

Himchan: Okay, let's recall. What are the status ailments Dae and Jae mentioned the last time?

Yongguk: Paralysis, Sleep, Poison, Burn, Freeze, Confusion and Infatuation.

Himchan: Yes, that's right. So smart, Yonggukie. Moves that cause status ailments are under Status moves. So, Yonggukie, what move causes paralysis? 

Yongguk: Moves like...Thunder Wave, which is Electric-type.

Himchan: So Ground-type Pokemon can't be paralysed?

Yongguk: No...Stun Spore can affect Ground-type Pokemon.

Himchan: Ah, that's right.

Yongguk: Almost any Electric-type moves have a chance of paralysing the opponent, such as Thunder Punch and Discharge and Spark.

Himchan: Oh nice, I see. Hmm, what moves can cause Sleep?

Yongguk: Moves like Hypnosis, which is Psychic-type and Spore, Grass-type. Oh, and Dark Void too. The user can induce itself to sleep and become healthy using Rest.

Himchan: Dark Void is exclusive only to a legendary, right? Can't remember its name though.

Yongguk: And only Dream Eater can be used when the opponent is asleep, to steal health. A sleeping Pokemon can use moves such as Sleep Talk, which randomly chooses one of the Pokemon's other moves while asleep, and Snore, which deals damage.

Himchan: I feel most of our script overlaps with Daejae's. Seriously. Who writes this stuff? Anyways, what moves cause Burn?

Yongguk: A move that only causes Burn is Will-o-Wisp, a Ghost-type move. Other moves that can burn the opponent is like Ember and Fire Punch.

Himchan: Ah. It's painful. Burn is.

Yongguk: Yes. Ember and Fire Punch have about, according to statistical research, have about a 30% chance of burning the Pokemon.

Himchan: Oh, I didn't know that. Moving on, what moves cause Freeze?

Yongguk: Blizzard...Ice Beam. Ice-type moves.

Himchan: How about Poison?

Yongguk: Moves like Poison Sting and Poison Tail have a chance of poisoning the enemy Pokemon.

Himchan: What about bad poison? You know, like poison that hurts the Pokemon more and more the longer the battle goes?

Yongguk: Toxic is about a 100% chance of badly poisoning the enemy, and moves like Poison Fang have a chance to badly poison the enemy also.

Himchan: Hmm...I'd avoid those if I were you.

Yongguk: I'd avoid those too.

Himchan: Oh, something else that's pretty devastating too. What moves cause Confusion?

Yongguk: Supersonic and Confuse Ray. And Sweet Kiss, too. Supersonic and Sweet Kiss have a lot hit rate, though, so you should be pretty safe. The one you should watch out for is Confuse Ray. It has a 100% chance hit rate, so your Pokemon would definitely be confused.

Himchan: Are there any moves that confuse and do damage at the same time?

Yongguk: Rock Climb and Water Pulse are two types of such moves.

Himchan: Rock Climb? What's that got to do with confusion?

Yongguk: Don't know. Strangely, I have a feeling of deja vu.

Himchan: ...You too?

Himchan: ...Anyways, what moves cause Infatuation, Yonggukie?

Yongguk: There's only one move that does this and it's Attract.

Himchan: Ah. Himchan used Attract!

Yongguk: ...

Himchan: ...

Yongguk: ...

Himchan: Are you infatuated with me now?

Yongguk: Uh.

Himchan: Alrighty, that didn't work then.

Yongguk: ...

Himchan: Err...earth to Yongguk? Yonggukie? Yonggukie don't die on me! Uh, well, I don't know what's happened to Yonggukie but rest assured he'd be fit and ready for our next part of our adventure.

Himchan: That's all for today and see you soon!