Pokemon Radio: Beauty Talk (1)

(Best Absolute) Pokemon Trainers

Pokemon Radio: Beauty Talk (1)
Hosts: Himchan and Junhong

*************************************

Himchan: Welcome to Pokemon Radio's very first episode on Beauty Talk!

*silence*

*shuffling of papers*

Himchan: You were supposed to clap.

Junhong: Why did I get dragged into this?

Himchan: It was either you or Youngjae.

Junhong: And? Why not Youngjae?

Himchan: Because Youngjae's taking a break. Please, he literally appears on every show.

Junhong: *pout* Why not Daehyun or Jongup, then?

Himchan: Did you just suggest Jongup on this show? He doesn't know anything about fashion.

Junhong: ...You've got a point there.

Himchan: Anyways, let's get on with the show. Beauty Talk is a radio show where we present to you the latest fashion trends. Basically, we exclusively talk about Pokemon Contests, Musicals, Photoshoots, movies...you name it, we have it.

Junhong: How about sports?

Himchan: This is a fashion show, Junhongie. There are limits.

Junhong: Are you discriminating against sportspeople now?

Himchan: Junhong, there's literally ten thousand other channels with sports news and almost none talking about the beauty of Pokemon!

Junhong: Uh...huh.

Himchan: Let's get on with the show. So, today, we're talking about Contests.

Junhong: Contests, huh? What about them?

Himchan: Well, you know that I'm sort of participating in a Contest now, right? Well, both Super Contests and Contest Spectaculars can only have four participants.

Junhong: What's the difference? You know, between Super Contests and Contest Spectaculars?

Himchan: As a former Contest star, I shall educate your peasant brain.

Junhong: Hey!

Himchan: Now shush, little boy, and let me do my thing. So, I'm participating in a Super Contest now. As we all now, it has three segments. The Visual, the Dance and the Acting segment. Contest Spectaculars only have the Visual and Acting segments.

Junhong: Ah.

Himchan: So, let's go a little more in-depth to the different segments. In the Visual segment, participants are to dress up their Pokemon in accordance to the theme, like "The Intangible", or "The Natural" or something like that. So you basically use your accessories and stuff that you've collected or bought to dress your Pokemon up.

Junhong: What about Pokeblocks? I heard that you have to feed your Pokemon Pokeblocks.

Himchan: That's right. To increase the visuals of your Pokemon, they can either eat Pokeblocks or poffins, depending on which Contest hall you're in.

Junhong: Which Contest hall? You mean there's more than one?

Himchan: Yeah. You didn't think that only Heatstorm has a Contest hall, right? There are Contest halls in Sparkridge, Marshhusk and Snowberry.

Junhong: Isn't there a movie theatre in Snowberry too?

Himchan: Well, yeah. The Contest halls in Heatstorm and Snowberry host Super Contests, but those in Sparkridge and Marshhusk host Contest Spectaculars.

Junhong: Isn't it a headache to remember all this?

Himchan: No.

Junhong: ...

Himchan: Moving on, accessories come in different shapes and sizes, like barettes, ribbons, dresses, suits, sparkles, flags, masks, hats, can-

Junhong: Okay, okay, got it. Many accessories. Got it.

Himchan: Truly you do not understand the -

Junhong: Moving on. What's the difference between accessories and props?

Himchan: ...

Himchan: You did not.

Himchan: You uneducated peasant.

Junhong: So...

Himchan: Accessories are used in Contests! Props are used in Musicals! Get your facts right!

Junhong: Hey, how was I supposed to know?

Himchan: Well, now you do. Judges will judge you based on how well you match the theme. That pretty much wraps up the Visual segment. Now, coming to the Dance segment.

Junhong: I always loved dance.

Himchan: 'Course you do. I never liked dance, but I had to learn because of the Contest requirements. So basically, during the Dance segment, your Pokemon take turns doing a dance routine as the main dancer. The other three Pokemon are backup dancesr who have to follow the main dancers closely. It goes in a circle, so everyone gets a chance to be both main and backup dancers.

Junhong: I think I would excel at that one.

Himchan: I think you would flunk the Visual segment.

Junhong: Excuse me?

Himchan: Finally, we have the Acting segment. So, this is where Pokemon get to show off their moves.

Junhong: As in, Pokemon moves. Not dance moves.

Himchan: Finally got something through to that brain of yours.

Junhong: What can I say? I'm smart.

Himchan: Anyways, do you know that different moves are categorized differently. Like, moves like Growl is a Cute move. Strength is Tough. Psychic is Smart, Captivate is Beauty and Roar is Cool.

Junhong: Legit? I didn't know that.

Himchan: Well, now you do.

Junhong: So, if I'm in a Cute category Contest, and I use Roar, which is Cool, right? So do I lose points or something?

Himchan: In both Super Contests and Contest Spectaculars, you won't perform as well, and the judges would be pretty disappointed. if you're trying to appeal to a certain judge. You know you get extra points if the judge gets excited, right?

Junhong: Damn.

Himchan: I mean, different moves have different kinds of perks that come with it. Like, you're not supposed to use the same move twice in a row, but if you use multi-hit moves like Fury Swipes, you're allowed to the next round.

Junhong: Wow, really? That means I can just keep on using Fury Swipes?

Himchan: There are probably better combinations of moves out there, Junhongie.

Junhong: Oh.

Himchan: In Contest Spectaculars, there's this thing called Jamming.

Junhong: Jamming? Like how I jammed my finger that one tim-

Himchan: ...

Junhong: Okay...so that's not it. I'm sorry.

Himchan: You'd better be. But it's almost there. When you Jam another Pokemon's moves, it basically means you kind of disrupt their performance.

Junhong: Isn't that, like, cheating?

Himchan: It's allowed in Contest Spectaculars.

Junhong: Then why doesn't a participant just Jam the whole way?

Himchan: Because if the Jam backfires, you lose points. Like, it's a big bonus if you Jam another Pokemon, but at the same time it is a problem if you don't manage to. Experienced participants would know how to Jam without losing points.

Junhong: Wow. Y'know, I tend to stay away from these sorts of things. If I were ever a Contest participant, you'll find me at the Normal Rank, earning normal ribbons.

Himchan: Oh right. Ribbons and ranks. Forgot about those.

Junhong: Huh? Oh, really?

Himchan: Yeah. In a Super Contest or Contest Spectacular, there are Ranks and they are Normal, Great, Ultra and Master, named after the Pokeballs.

Junhong: Ah. I need to start from Normal right, if I want to get up to Master Rank?

Himchan: Yeah, pretty much. If you get to Master Rank in all five categories, you earn the title of Contest star.

Junhong: That's what you once were, right?

Himchan: Once upon a time. 

Junhong: Did you have a lot of fans?

Himchan: Good enough. Though I disappeared from the Contest scene for quite a while. Didn't have the motivation to participate until now.

Junhong: Huh. So what made you want to participate? Is it Song Minhee?

Himchan: Not really. Back in Crispleaf, before we met you all, Yongguk and I were talking about Contests, because apparently he recognized my face.

Junhong: He was a fan?

Himchan: I don't know. I mean, he recognized me. That's all I could say.

Junhong: And he said some sappy stuff like: I want to see you on stage again. And you got sappy too and promised you'd do it.

Himchan: ...Why are you so accurate. And it wasn't sappy. It was motivation to take part in Contests again.

Junhong: See, I'm right.

Himchan: *groan*

Himchan: It wasn't sappy.

Junhong: You know what? I'm just going to not argue with you on this point and I'm going to end it right here and I'm going to bed.

Himchan: That was a lot of "I'm going to"s

Junhong: Well.

Himchan: Did you pick all this up from Youngjae? That boy's a bad influence.

Junhong: Maybe?

Himchan: Don't give me that sass or I'm talking to Youngjae.

Junhong: Uh. So, guys, we've come to the end of Beauty Talk. See you next time!

***********************************

dk where i was going with this and just saying updates may be slower cos im working on another story right now (also daeup...kinda :P)