Pokemon Radio: Ability Ace (2)

(Best Absolute) Pokemon Trainers

Pokemon Radio: Ability Ace (2)
Hosts: Yongguk and Junhong

******************************

Yongguk: Is it...working?

Junhong: I think so.

*loud screeching noise*

Yongguk: ...

Junhong: Ow, my ears...sorry, Yongguk. So, uh...

Yongguk: This is Pokemon Radio, and today's episode is Ability Ace number 2.

*awkward silence*

Junhong: So, uh, last week, we said we wanted to have a slot in this channel dedicated to learning about abilites that has something to do with the weather.

Yongguk: It's a lot to squeeze in one episode, though.

Junhong: Well, we'll see what we can do. Let's go by weather...hmm...first up, sunny weather!

Yongguk: Ah.

Junhong: So, Drought is the ability that causes strong sunlight, and abilities affected by strong sunlight happen to be Chlorophyll, Leaf Guard, Solar Power, Dry Skin, Forecast and Flower Gift.

Yongguk: I know Chlorophyll and Dry Skin.

Junhong: So, uh, what do they do?

Yongguk: Chlorophyll boosts Speed under sunny weather. Pokemon with Dry Skin will lose health.

Junhong: Not bad! Hmm, the other abilities don't seem to be as common. Solar Power increases Special Attack under sunny weather but the Pokemon will lose health. Forecast, only owned by this Pokemon called Castform, will change the user's appearance and its type to Fire-type. Cherrim has Flower Gift, and will boost the Attack and Special Attack of its allies under strong sunlight.

Yongguk: You sure are knowledgeable about these things, Junhong.

Junhong: Thanks! So, uh, next is rainy weather. Drizzle causes rainy weather.

Yongguk: Abilities like...Swift Swim, Rain Dish, Hydration, Dry Skin and Forecast will activate.

Junhong: So, which abilities do you know, Yongguk?

Yongguk: Hmm...Swift Swim, Hydration and Dry Skin, and, well, Forecast. Swift Swim boosts the Pokemon's Speed in rainy weather. Hydration lets the Pokemon heal any status conditions it has. Dry Skin refills the Pokemon's health and Forecast just transforms Castform into its Water-type.

Junhong: Wow! Hmm, what about Rain Dish?

Yongguk: Rain Dish...primarily owned by Lotad's evolutionary line.

Junhong: Right. So, Rain Dish basically lets the Pokemon refill health slightly during rain.

Yongguk: Something like Dry Skin, then.

Junhong: Yup, but only in rain.

Yongguk: Alright...so, next. Sandstorm.

Junhong: Ah, Sandstorm. So, Sand Stream, more commonly owned by Tyranitar and Hippowdon, causes sandstorm. The abilities that activate are Sand Veil, Sand Rush and Sand Force.

Yongguk: No Forecast?

Junhong: Well, there isn't a Ground-type for Castform, so I guess not. So, Sand Veil increases the Pokemon's evasiveness in sandstorms, and Sand Rush basically makes it faster. Sand Force increases the power of Rock-, Ground- and Steel-type moves.

Yongguk: That's it?

Junhong: Yeah.

*silence*

*flipping of papers*

Yongguk: So, next is fog.

Junhong: But the only thing we can really talk about here is Defog. Getting a Pokemon that knows Defog is great. We can blow away the fog and we can see.

Yongguk: Yes, that's quite right. That's all for fog?

Junhong: Well, yeah, pretty much. So, the final one on our list is Hail. The Snow Warning ability causes Hail.

Yongguk: Hail...not the same as a snowstorm.

Junhong: Yup. So, Ice Body, Slush Rush, Snow Cloak and Forecast.

Yongguk: I see that Forecast is back.

Junhong: Yeah. So, with Forecast, Castform can transform into its Ice-type forme. Pokemon with Ice Body heal themselves in hail, Pokemon with Slush Rush increases Speed and Pokemon with Snow Cloak increases evasion in hail.

Yongguk: I see.

Junhong: You know, there are some things that Youngjae and I forgot to mention in Trainer Teacher.

Yongguk: And what's that?

Junhong: There are some other weird abilities, like Cloud Nine and Delta Stream.

Yongguk: ...You lost me somewhere.

Junhong: So, like, Cloud Nine resets the weather--so your weather abilities have no effect when a Pokemon with Cloud Nine like Psyduck joins the battle.

Yongguk: What about Delta Stream?

Junhong: I read about it in a book somewhere, and it says that only Mega Rayquaza has the ability Delta Stream.

Yongguk: What does it do, though?

Junhong: So, like, Delta Stream sets up a strong wind, so that Flying-type Pokemon are protected from supereffective moves.

Yongguk: Sounds like a pretty handy ability.

Junhong: Yeah, and it really isn't that helpful in Single Battles. I mean, unless Rayquaza is going up against Electric-types and stuff.

Yongguk: True.

Junhong: So, uh, I guess that's it? I don't remember any other Abilities that have anything to do with weather.

Yongguk: Then, does this wrap up today's episode? It feels a little dry, though. Like we're teaching a class instead of doing a radio show.

Junhong: Uh...I'll try to be funnier next time.

Yongguk: So, that's it, for, err, Ability Ace. I can see our ratings going down...haiz.

Junhong: Don't worry! I'm sure Daehyun and Jongup next week can pull our ratings back up once more!

Yongguk: Next time is Trainer Teacher again?

Junhong: Uh, kind of? We forgot to explain one very important part of Pokemon.

Yongguk: And that is?

Junhong: You'll have to wait for next time! No spoilers!

Yongguk: *sighs* Sure. I'll tune in next time then, I guess.

Junhong: That's the spirit! To our beloved listeners! See you next time!