My Jacob

Sang Sang & Jake Jake

 

Sangyeon loves to be around Jacob, he is glad that they get to be together for basically the whole day, especially since they share a room. However, Sangyeon had to share Jacob, since there are twelve of them. Jacob especially likes to spend time with Kevin, which makes Sangyeon jealous. 

During practice, Kevin and Jacob stretch together while Sangyeon is stuck with Eric, who won't stop babbling on about school and other things that Sangyeon blocks out as he thinks about Jacob and steals glances of him. Even during something as plain and simple as practice, Jacob looks so beautiful. The way is hair lays above his eyes, those soft lips, and that cute smile. 

"Hyung! Hyung!" Eric yells, snapping Sangyeon out of his trance. 

"What's wrong?"

"I asked if we could get ice cream after this." Eric answers, making a cute face. 

"Oh, sure." 

After practice, they do get ice cream together. During which, Jacob gets some on his face next to his lips, so Sangyeon wipes it off for him. 

"Thanks."

Jacob flashes that cute smile that makes Sangyeon melt like ice cream. 

Following the ice cream, they all go to the park. 

"Hey guys, watch me go down the slide!" Eric exclaims, running towards the playground area. 

Eric runs over to the slide excitedly and goes down. Sangyeon watches over them as they all engage in various activities from playing tag to looking at clouds pass by. Sangyeon sees that Kevin and Jacob are talking to each other, sitting on a bench. Sangyeon sees Jacob laugh at something that Kevin said. 

"That should be me making my Jacob smile and laugh like that." Sangyeon thinks. 

He decides to go break it up. 

"Jacob, I need to talk to you about something important for a moment, let's take a walk." 

Jacob says bye to Kevin and follows Sangyeon. 

"Is something wrong?" Jacob asks, as they begin to walk.

"Yes. I wanted to talk to you about that bear that was destroyed, you know the one that prevents nightmares." Sangyeon begins.

"I'm sorry about that, I should have stopped them from fighting over it like that."

"It's not your fault, I just wanted to ask you if you think that we should get a new one or try to fix the old one?" 

Jacob is confused, he thought that Sangyeon wanted to have a serious conversation. Maybe something related to their comeback. Not about a bear that could easily be replaced or patched up. 

"Ummm. Try to patch it up first before getting a new one."

"That's a good idea, Jacob. Thank you." Sangyeon says, putting his arms out for a hug.

Jacob gets closer and hugs him, Sangyeon wraps his arms around Jacob. Jacob is soft like a marshmallow and his hair smells like mangos. He never wants to let go, but he has to so Jacob won't suspect anything and because he hears a scream. Sangyeon lets go and turns around too see Eric on the floor holding onto his knee. Sangyeon and Jacob immediately run over. 

"Eric, what happened?" Jacob asks. 

"I jumped off the swing and scraped my knee." Eric explains. 

"You know you are not supposed to jump off the swing." Sangyeon scolds. 

"Come on, let's get you home and take care of that cut." 

At home, Jacob takes care of Eric's cut. Eric yelps at the burn of the rubbing alcohol on his knee. 

"Eric, calm down. It only stings for a moment. Then you can have a panda bandage and a cookie." 

Eric stops whining in order to get his reward. Jacob places the bandage of the cut before telling Eric to follow him to the kitchen so that he can get a chocolate chip cookie. 

"Hey, you guys want to play Boggle?" Kevin asks. 

Jacob and Eric agree and they go the living room to play together. 

Sangyeon leaves his room to see how Jacob and Eric are dealing with the cut, and discovers them in the living room with Kevin. Kevin, again. It's not that Sangyeon hates Kevin, he just wants to spend more time with Jacob. To him, it seems like Jacob has been around Kevin a lot and it makes him jealous that Kevin is getting so much of Jacob's attention. 

"What if Jacob likes Kevin more than me?" Sangyeon thinks, but he pushes that thought away and goes over to them. 

"Hey guys." Sangyeon greets them. 

All three of them greet Sangyeon. 

"How is your knee Eric?" 

"It's better now, thanks to Jacob hyung." 

"Good job, my Jacob." Sangyeon praises, ruffling Jacob's hair. 

Jacob smiles in response and asks Sangyeon if he wants to play Boggle with them, but he declines due to his limited English skills. 

-- The next day on the way to Simply Kpop--

"You know, Sangyeon has been acting pretty strange around you lately." Kevin suddenly brings up. 

"What are you talking about?" Jacob asks. 

"Come on Jacob, you know what I am talking about." Kevin says, raising his eyebrows. 

"No, I really do not."

"The way he was staring at you during practice, how he took you away from me at the park, he ruffled your hair yesterday, He is jealous because he has a crush on you." 

Jacob blushes at those words. A crush? Sangyeon has a crush on him? As much as Jacob has fantasized about that, he knows that it would never be reality. Life just does not work out that way. 

"No he doesn't." Jacob argues. 

"Yes he does. Is that a blush that I see across your face?" 

"No." 

"Well, Jacob, if you don't believe me then just ask him. I know for a fact that he likes you." 

Jacob knows better than to get his hopes up, so when he does confront Sangyeon later, he gets the answer that he expects. 

He decides to bring it up before bed that night. 

"Sangyeon hyung, can I ask you something?" Jacob says.

"What is it?" Sangyeon responds, as he fluffs his pillow. 

"Do you have a crush on me?" Jacob blurts out. 

Sangyeon freezes. 

"W-What?! What are you talking about? What would make you think such as thing?" 

"It's just that.... Kevin thinks that you have a crush on me and I wanted to know if you do." Jacob explains. 

"No I don't. Kevin is just messing with you. Now, we have a very busy day tomorrow, so get some rest."  

"Okay. Good night hyung." 

"Good night, Jacob." 

Jacob thinks about the way that Sangyeon froze when he asked him if he did have a crush on him. Maybe he was hiding the fact that he really does have a crush on him? Jacob decides to forget about it and just goes to sleep.