Bad Boy

Sang Sang & Jake Jake

 

The boys are sitting the living room one day, bored. 

"What should we do?" 

"I don't know, sit here and watch more television." Younghoon comments. 

"Let's play a game." Kevin offers, walking towards the kitchen.  

They all follow him to the kitchen. 

"You just spread your hand out and poke the knife between the spaces while singing a song." Kevin explains, as he demonstrates. 

They use a butter knife and agree that whoever can do it without touching their hand wins. As they start playing, Jacob walks in. 

"Hey guys, what's going on?" 

"We're playing a game." 

Jacob sees the knife. 

"No, no, no." He scolds, taking the knife out of Q's hand. 

"What are you guys doing? You could get hurt doing this! Are you crazy?" 

"It's just a butter knife hyung, calm down." 

"I will not calm down, this is serious." 

Just then, Sangyeon enters the kitchen. 

"Hi boys." 

"Hyung, control your boyfriend." Hyunjae says.

"What are you talking about?"

"He won't let us play a game." Eric complains. 

"Because you guys are playing with a knife." 

"Butter knife." Kevin points out.

"Is that true? A butter knife? The one that is not pointy or dangerous?" Sangyeon questions.  

"Yes, but they could hurt themselves if they are too forceful." 

"Jacob, you worry too much." Sangyeon says, with his hand on Jacob's shoulder. 

"Yeah mom, stop babying us." Sunwoo adds.

"I do not baby you guys." 

"Yes you do, we can't do anything if it has a one percent risk of someone getting hurt. You are such a goody goody." Kevin tells Jacob.

The other members all agree with him.  

"What? Sangyeon, do you hear what they are saying? Can you believe this?"

"Well, they are kinda right sweetheart. You do monitor them a lot." 

Jacob frowns. He takes care of all these rascals and this is the thanks he gets? 

"I'll show you guys. I can be a bad boy!" Jacob protests, before stomping off to his room. 

The next day, Jacob does a complete turn around. It is like someone replaced him over night.

"Jakey, wake up my angel." Sangyeon whispers to Jacob. 

Jacob pushes his hand away and gets up. 

"Don't Jakey me, from now on you call me Jay. Got it?"

"Okay?"

"Good." Jacob responds, leaving the room. 

Sangyeon just stands there, confused. Maybe Jacob woke up on the wrong side of the bed. 

Jacob continues to act differently at practice. He show up half an hour late, with messy hair and wearing all black. He even has on eyeliner.

"Jacob, is that you?" Younghoon asks.

"Jacob? No, call me Jay from now on. Or else."

"Or else what?" Hyunjae asks.

Jacob responds by flipping Hyunjae onto the ground, grabbing one of his arms and holding him down with his foot. 

"Okay, I get it, let me go." Hyunjae whines.  

Jacob lets Hyunjae go and he runs over to the other members, who are all shocked by what they have just witnessed. Jacob is never rough like this. Whenever they horse around, Jacob never participates, he just has bandages and hugs ready in case anyone gets hurt. 

"So, what are we up to today?"

"Dance practice." Q answers.

"Again? I am so sick of that, I think I'm going to skip. See you guys later."

"Jay, you have to practice."

"No. I'm leaving. Anyone what to join me?"

Nobody says anything.

"Of course not, you're all a bunch of wimps." Jacob says.

"Don't you walk out that door." Sangyeon blurts out. 

"Watch me." 

Jacob leaves, not even looking back once. 

"I guess he really is bad now." Juyeon states. 

Jacob even ends up convincing Kevin to be bad, and they skip the next practice together. 

"Where are Kevin and Jacob?" New asks.

"I'll call Jacob." Sangyeon says.

He dials his boyfriend, waiting for him to answer his phone. 

"What is it?" Jacob answers. 

"Jakey, where are you?" 

"First off, I told you to call me Jay. Don't make me come over there and flip you. Second, I'm at the skatepark with Kev. Why do you need to know?" 

"Because you guys are missing practice right now." 

"I'm sick of practice, I do what I want when I want."

"Sweetheart, this isn't like you. Come on, I know you can go back to normal. Can't you, my cute little cuddle bunny? My Jake Jake." 

Jacob thinks that Sangyeon is testing him to see if he will go back to being good. He almost cracks at the tone of Sangyeon's voice when he uses those sweet names with him, but he gives him a cold response. 

"Stop monitoring me, old man." Jacob says, hanging up. 

"So, what did he say?"

"He hung up." Sangyeon informs them.

"What? You made us listen to your gross lovey dovey talk and didn't even get them to come back?" Sunwoo says. 

At the skatepark, Kevin and Jacob hang out. 

"You know, I think that Sangyeon really likes this side of me, especially the new outfit. I sure showed him and the others."

"What? I thought that we were doing this for fun?" Kevin responds.

"We are, but everyone called me a goody goody and now I am showing them who the real goody goody is. So to heck with them." 

"You know, I really don't know how to skateboard to be honest." Kevin admits.

"Neither do I, but that just makes it more dangerous." 

They spend the whole day out, returning to the dorm at night. 

"You guys are finally home." Sangyeon says, as they come through the door.

"Yeah, I told you not to wait up."

"How could I not? I was so worried." 

"You worry too much. We're going to bed now anyway."

"No good night kiss?"

"I'm not your little cuddle buddy anymore." Jacob replies.

"What? Are you breaking up with me?!" Sangyeon asks, worried.

"No. I just....I will kiss you on my own time. Okay, babe?" Jacob answers, leaving. 

Jacob's bad behavior spreads to more than just Kevin. The next day, Hwall runs to Jacob for comfort but ends up getting advice.

"Hyung." 

"What do you want brat?"

"Haknyeon hyung keeps hogging the video game console." Hwall explains.

"Just punch him and he will get the message. Now scurry, Kev and I are busy drawing tattos to our arms."

Hwall runs off to Haknyeon, who is still playing his game. Hwall then goes up to him and punches him right in the arm. 

"Owww! What the heck was that?!"

Sangyeon rushes out to see what the commotion is about.

"What's wrong?" He questions them.

"Hyunjoon hit me." 

"Hyunjoon, did you hit him?"

"Haknyeon won't share and Jacob hyung told me to."

"Haknyeon, go put some ice on your arm. Heo Hyunjoon, come with me." 

They go to the kitchen, where Jacob and Kevin are still drawing on tattos with sharpie markers. 

"Jacob, did you tell Hyunjoon to hit Haknyeon?"

"Yeah. What of it?"

Sangyeon gasps.

"How could you poison this precious baby's mind?" Sangyeon asks, holding Hwall close to him. 

"I'm letting him fight his own battles, not babying him like you do." 

"You are not supposed to encourage violence."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Now, could you stop blocking our light?"

Sangyeon just huffs and leaves. 

-- At practice the following day --

"You guys actually showed up today." 

"We just came to let you guys know that you could come watch our stunt." Jacob announces.

"What stunt?"

"We are going to skateboard on the level thirteen course." Kevin tells them.

"What? The level thirteen?"

"But nobody has ever made it on that course, they all end up injured or dead." Eric says. 

"It's too risky."

"Well, we will just see about that. We're bad boys, so we love danger." Jacob says, before they leave.

They cannot be serious. Sangyeon does not believe them at first, but he ends up going to the skatepark just in case they do want to put themselves in danger. Hyunjae goes with him. 

-- At the skate park --

"I can't believe we are actually going to do this." 

"Yeah." Jacob nervously laughs, looking down at the steep ramp drop.

"I don't think we should do this Kevin. We could just lie and tell them that we went." Jacob says. 

"Come on, we can't chicken out now. All we have to do is go down this ramp and then follow the path." 

Before Jacob can think it over again, Sangyeon calls out to them.

"You guys, stop this right now!" 

Kevin and Jacob turn around to see Sangyeon and Hyunjae.

"Honey, you guys can't do this."

"What's wrong with a little danger?" Jacob replies, still pretending to be a bad boy. 

"Jacob, cut the act. I don't like this new side of you at all. I want the old Jacob back. The one that would cuddle with me, help me take care of everyone, would show up to practice, and who had the biggest and warmest heart that I have ever seen." Sangyeon says.

"I know we said that you were a goody goody, but we did not mean it a bad way. It is good that you're like that. You keep everything in order and keep us safe." Sangyeon adds. 

"You mean, you really don't like me as a bad boy?"

"Of course not. I fell in love with you for the real you. The sweet, caring, and gentle man that you are. I love you, Jacob."

"I love you too, Sang Sang." Jacob responds, hugging Sangyeon.

Sangyeon kisses Jacob. 

"Now, will you guys come back home and promise to never do this again?"

"Yes, I promise." Jacob answers. 

"That's all it takes? A kiss to change you? What is this, a Disney movie?" Kevin interjects. 

"Kevin, the time for being a bad boy is over." Jacob tells him.

"No it is not, I am going down this ramp and I mean it."

"Kevin Moon." Sangyeon says, with a threatening tone. 

"Fine. I didn't really want to go down it anyway." 

"Come on, you can both have piggy back rides home." Sangyeon says, allowing Jacob to get on his back.

"Kevin, you don't want a ride?" Hyunjae asks.

Kevin crosses his arms stubbornly, but he soon decides that he does want that piggy back ride. 

The four of them walk out of the skatepark, to return home safely.