Under The Weather

Sang Sang & Jake Jake

 

In winter, it is pretty common to get sick. So when the maknaes bring the cold home from school one day, nobody is really shocked. They all help them get better, which leads to almost all of them getting sick as well. All except for Sangyeon. At least, that is how it seems at first. By the time Sangyeon's cold is coming the colds of the other members are now leaving. 

He wakes up one morning not wanting to hit the alarm due to muscle aches, a fever, fatigue, and a splitting headache. However, he powers through anyway and proceeds to wake everyone up. Today they have early morning practice. Great, just what Sangyeon needed on a day like this. Jacob and Kevin have to go to film Simply K-Pop, leaving Sangyeon without his caring boyfriend. If Jacob was here Sangyeon would tell him about his cold so at least someone would help him lead and also cut him some slack. 

"Hyung, can I have a piggyback ride?" Haknyeon asks, during their first break.

"Maybe another time kiddo. How about you go ask Hyunjae?"

Sangyeon would like to give him a piggyback ride, but right now he would rather just lay on the cold practice room floor. He almost drifts off to dreamland, but Q snaps him out of it. 

"Okay guys, let's get back to work."

Sangyeon gets back up and gets in position. He actually keeps up with the routine, but he is so exhausted. His head is pounding, his body aches, and it feels like the middle of July to him even though it is winter. As soon as they stop after going over the dance once more, Sangyeon drops to his knees. He is breathing really hard and lays on the floor. He is the only one who is clearly drained. Sangyeon may be the oldest, but he can always keep up with the boys, so his behavior concerns them. 

"Sangyeon hyung, are you okay?"

"Yeah."

"Are you sure? You look really tired."

New puts his hand on Sangyeon's forehead.

"You're burning up." He states.

"No, I'm fi-"

Sangyeon is cut off by a sudden wave of nausea, so he runs to the bathroom and throws up. The others come in soon after. 

"Hyung, I think you should go back to the dorm and rest." Younghoon suggests. 

"What?!" 

"You're sick, and you have it really bad. You need to go home and rest so you can recover."

The boys are right, if he rests he can get better faster and get back to work, so he gives in. 

A manager drives Sangyeon home. He enters the dorm and manages to put on his pajamas before going to bed. He lays there, uncomfortable, not wanting to get up and get medicine even though he needs it. Thankfully, he doesn't have to because Kevin and Jacob come back to the dorm several minutes later. Sangyeon hears them talking in English. Jacob enters the room and gasps upon seeing Sangyeon. 

"Honey, what happened? Why aren't you at practice? Are you hurt? Did you break something?" Jacob questions, clearly worried. 

"Jakey calm down. I'm just sick, so they sent me home."

"Oh my gosh. Don't worry, I'll take good care of you." 

"Hey Jacob, are you ready to-"

Kevin pauses when he sees Sangyeon. 

"Oh no, did Sangyeon catch the cold too?"

"Yeah, but it won't last long. I am taking care of him." 

"Do you need any help?"

"Thanks, but I will be fine. Go have fun at practice." 

Kevin tells them both bye before heading off to the company. 

"Did you take medicine yet?"

"No, I feel so weak." 

"I'll bring it for you. Then I'll get you some tea." 

Jacob comes back with the cold medicine and hands Sangyeon a dosage. He isn't difficult like the younger ones are, so he takes the syrup without complaints. 

"The tea should be ready soon sweetheart." Jacob says, kissing Sangyeon on the cheek.  

Sangyeon gags as if he is going to puke.

"What? You don't like my kisses anymore?"

"No, I love your kisses. I've just been nauseous, I threw up at practice. That was why they sent me home." 

"Well the medicine should help with that. Then the tea should help you get some rest." 

Jacob goes to get the tea from the kitchen. 

"Drink up." Jacob says, handing Sangyeon the mug. 

"Thank you, Jakey." 

Sangyeon takes a sip, enjoying the warm tea and sweet honey. 

"It tastes nice." Sangyeon sniffles.

"Is you nose stuffy honey?" 

Sangyeon nods, so Jacob gets the vapor rub. He s the top buttons on Sangyeon's pajama top before rubbing some on his chest. 

"Hopefully this will help. I'll set up the humidifier so it isn't so stuffy in here." 

After Jacob sets up the device, Sangyeon finishes his tea and goes to sleep. Jacob watches over him during this time. Sangyeon sleeps pretty peacefully for the first hour and a half, but after that he starts tossing and turning. 

"No! No, get away from me! Stop it! Stop it!" 

Sangyeon bolts awake, eyes now wide open. 

"Sangyeon, what-"

Before Jacob can finish his sentence, Sangyeon wraps his arms around him. 

"Jacob, I had such a horrible dream. A ghost came up behind me and scared me. It had a rope and tried to choke me to death." Sangyeon says, as he holds onto Jacob tightly. 

"It's alright sweetheart, calm down. You're safe now, nothing can hurt you." 

Sangyeon eventually calms down and Jacob brings him some ice water. 

"You probably had a fever dream, just give the medicine some time to kick in and you'll feel better soon." 

"Jacob can you tell me a story? It might help me calm down." 

"Sure."

Jacob tells Sangyeon the story of when he took Eric and Sunwoo to get ice cream. 

Halfway through the story, Sangyeon falls back asleep. Soon after, the others come back home. Jacob goes out to greet them and to tell them to be quiet.

"How is hyung doing?"

"He is sleeping right now, so I really need you guys to be quiet. Or at least lower the volume a little more than usual." Jacob tells them.

"Okay, we'll try not to be too loud." 

To avoid waking their sick leader, the boys occupy themselves with activities such as reading, watching television, and sleeping. Once Jacob is sure they'll be silent, he goes to check on his boyfriend. He sees that he is still sound asleep, so Jacob sits next to him to monitor him. By the time Sangyeon wakes up, it is close to dinner time. 

"How are you feeling?"

"Well, my blistering headache is gone, so that makes me feel much better. I'm also not nauseous anymore." 

"That's good, pretty soon you will be healthy again." 

"Jacob, can you rub some ache cream on my arms? My muscles feel sore." 

"Sure honey."

Jacob gets the icy hot from the bathroom cabinet.

"Where does it hurt?"

"My arms and chest." 

Jacob has Sangyeon take off his shirt to reach said areas. As Jacob is rubbing the icy hot on, he realizes that Sangyeon seems to flinch whenever he brushes his stomach by mistake.

"Are you ticklish there?" Jacob asks, as he now tickles Sangyeon. 

"Jacob, stop that." Sangyeon giggles.

Jacob continues to tickles Sangyeon. He has done the same to Jacob before, so it is Jacob's time to get his revenge since he finally found Sangyeon's tickle spot. Sangyeon grabs Jacob's hand to stop him. 

"Come here."

Sangyeon pulls Jacob down and starts kissing him. During this time, Hyunjae enters the room with Q and Sunwoo. 

"Whoa! Shield your eyes kids." Hyunjae says, with his hands over their eyes.

"We were not doing anything." Sangyeon responds.

"I was just putting this ache cream on Sangyeon's muscles." Jacob adds.

"Okay, we will go with that story." Hyunjae chuckles. 

"We came to ask if you wanted any soup. We're going to start making dinner." Q says. 

"Or are you still nauseous?"

"No, I'm feeling a bit better. It would be great if you made me some soup." 

"Okay, let's go kids." Hyunjae announces, as the three of them leave the room.

Jacob is about to get up, but Sangyeon stops him.

"What's wrong Sang Sang?"

"Stay with me. I want cuddles and I need company." Sangyeon whines. 

Jacob thinks it is so cute when Sangyeon is clingy like this, so he wastes no time in saying yes. 

"Alright, put your shirt back on. I don't want you getting chilly."

"Yes honey." Sangyeon replies, buttoning his shirt back up.

Sangyeon lays down and pats his chest.

"Your favorite spot is open." He tells Jacob.

Jacob lays down and rests his head on Sangyeon's chest. Sangyeon wraps his arms around Jacob and kisses his forehead. 

"Seems like you are starting to get better now." 

"Yeah, thanks to you."

"It is the least I could do. You took care of all of us when we were sick."

Minutes later, they return with the soup.

"Thank you kiddos." Sangyeon says, as they hand him the soup. 

"No problem, get well soon."

When they leave, Sangyeon turns to Jacob with a wide smile on his face.

"What?"

"Will you feed me? Please?" Sangyeon says, with a pout.

"Alright." 

Jacob picks up the spoon and tastes the soup to make sure it is not too hot. The temperature is perfect, so Jacob feeds Sangyeon a spoonful. 

"Is it good?" 

"Yes." 

Sangyeon ends up eating all of the soup. 

"Promise you won't puke it up?" 

"I promise. I don't feel like throwing up anyway." 

"Well them, I will leave you to get some rest." 

"No!" 

"What? Are you in pain sweetheart?" Jacob responds.

"Not now, but my heart will be if you leave. I need you." Sangyeon tells him.

Jacob smiles at Sangyeon's words and goes to bed with him. Sangyeon sleeps until bedtime. 

"Okay Sang Sang, time to get up and get ready for bed."

"No." Sangyeon whines.

"Yes it is. Come on, I drew a bath for you so you better hurry up before it gets cold." 

"You drew a bath for me? Awww, you really are the best boyfriend ever. Okay, I will get up." 

Sangyeon gets into the hot bath and it feels great. His nose clears and his body aches seem to melt away. Then, Hwall suddenly enters. 

"Hyunjoon, what are you doing up still?"

"I was about to go to sleep and realized that I forgot to put my ducks out to dry." Hwall answers, grabbing the rubber ducks from the side of the tub. 

"Night night hyung, lub you." Hwall adds, before he leaves. 

"Lub you too Hyunjoonie." 

Sangyeon goes back to relaxing, enjoying the bath until it gets cold. He drains the water and gets dressed before returning to his room. 

"Sangyeonie, you are just in time for your tea. This should help get you to sleep, it's chamomile." 

Sangyeon accepts the drink and lays in bed. Jacob pets his hair and tells him stories as he lays in bed drinking the tea. A short while after finishing the tea, Sangyeon falls asleep. 

"Good night angel." 

Jacob kisses his forehead, noting that it is no longer very warm. 

The next morning, Sangyeon wakes up feeling better. His nose is running and he has a cough, but he will take that over the headache and nausea he had yesterday. Jacob then enters the room. 

"You're up! I brought you a smoothie from breakfast. It's mango and strawberry." Jacob says, handing Sangyeon the cup. 

"Thank you Jakey." 

"How are you feeling today?" 

"Better than yesterday that is for sure." 

"That's amazing. Do you think you feel good enough to get out of bed today?" 

To be honest, Sangyeon does feel like he can get out of bed. Does he really want to though? Jacob takes such good care of him. He gives him undivided attention, tells him stories in that sweet and soft voice of his, feeds him, draws him baths, and makes him delicious smoothies. 

"I think I just need one more day to recover." Sangyeon replies. 

"Okay. I'll go get another dose of medicine ready." 

Medicine may be gross, but it is worth it for Sangyeon to be pampered like this.