chapter 7

INFATUATED ➣ KSJ.JJK

"First day of school, are you excited?" I ask, looking in the towards the backseat. Jungkook glares at me as the other two shifts away from the boy, eyeing him nervously. I narrow my eyes at him as he grabs his bag and pulls out a pocket knife, handing it over to me.

"Hm, let me think. Should I be excited to be in a place filled with a bunch of losers and ?" He replies with a fake smile, I gasp forgetting he's a teenage boy.

"Jungkook!" I exclaim staring at the boy with wide eyes, I nudge my partner who lets out a loud wheeze followed by choked back laughter. "Yoongi stop laughing that's not funny!"

Yoongi stifles out a laugh, and I to his shoulder in an attempt to get him to stop. "He's not wrong," he responds with a shrug.

"I'll make sure he doesn't get into any trouble," Jimin chimes in with a sweet smile. 

"Thank you Jiminie," I say with a smile which quickly turns into a frown once I look over at the troublemaker. 

"Thank you Jiminie," Jungkook mimics with a small pout.

"Get out of my car," I huff turning my back to the annoying teenager. I hear the car door open and a small slam before the two appeared on my side waving at me childishly.

I let out a faked groan and roll down the window letting the two-step over and harass me for a moment. "I love you, daddy," Jungkook giggles as he almost climbs throw the window to peck my cheek.

"I love you more, you little menace," I chuckle, watching a smile spread across the boy's face. He begins to walk away and I notice Jimin sulking his way into the school building.

"Bye Jiminie, have a good day, I love you!" I yell out the window hoping the boy hears me. 

He turns around almost startled and smiles happily. "Bye, love you too!" He beams before stepping into the school building with the other.

"So TaeTae, you ready for school?" I ask, turn to the small boy who's wiggling around excitedly in the back seat.

"Yup!" He grins before listing off all his friends he might see at for the rest of the car ride to his school.

After dropping the three off Yoongi and I stay home alone trying our best to relax. I can't help but feel worried about what might happen to Jungkook, it's his first day at school and he's in a new home. I just want him to adapt well to all the changes happening. 

I plop down on the couch next to Yoongi letting out a loud sigh. He ignores me. I sigh again laying my head on his lap. He ignores me once again. I sigh as loud as I possibly can practically hopping onto his lap.

"What do you want?" He groans out.

"You were ignoring my signs," I replied with a pout. "I'm worried about Jungkook."

"Of course you would be it's his first day," He muttered eye's now focused on the T.V., I look over confused as to what could possibly be more interesting than me. Oh, a cartoon?

"Like what if Jungkook gets suspended? Or even worse expelled! I mean he's a good kid but" I babble on trying to get the male's attentions. "He had a knife. Why did he have a knife?"

Yoongi looks down at me with wide eyes, and I try my best not to smile. "That's your kid," he shrugs going back to watch the children show.

"I should have homeschooled him like he asked," I sigh trying to grab the remote. I get my hands on the plastic contraption until it was yanked out of my hands and dangled over my face mockingly.

I watch as he places the remote where I can't reach. He really likes this show huh? "He's probably going to hate it then," Yoongi mutters.

"Yoongi!" I whine squirming around on his lap.

"What?" He whines dramatically throwing his head back almost childlike.

I sigh defeatedly sitting back on the couch. "At least we'll have one kid who comes back happy. Taehyung is always happy, I know my baby won't fail me."

"Hi honey, how was school?" I ask excitedly holding my arms out expecting the small boy to run into them, instead, he brushed past me with a pout and went into the car instead. Moping as I sat back inside the car I looked back at the boy who was looking out the window. "Yoongles, someone hurt TaeTae."

Yoongi quickly looked back at the boy with a glare. "Who did it? Who hurt you, angel?" he asks intensely pointing at the small child. 

For the rest of the drive to the Jungkook and Jimin's school, Taehyung ranted about how no one would play with him. Why would anyone want to hurt that little ball of sunshine?

We make it to the boy's school and the two of them get inside the car with a glare. "How was school?" I ask, looking back at the two.

"Great!" Jungkook says enthusiastically. I narrow my eyes unsure if is being sarcastic or not.

"He got into a fight," Jimin informs blankly as he types away on his phone.

"Jungkook!" I exclaim, my voice becoming squeakier than usual.

"Did you win?" Yoongi asks a little too excited looking back at the teenager who has a smug look on his face.

"He almost murdered someone today," Jimin states but was ignored by everyone but me. I looked at Yoongi with wide eyes expecting him to do the parenty thing, but instead, he shrugged with a grin planted on his face.

"Of course I did. Also, the principal will be calling you later today," he informs with a smile, unable to say anything I turn backed and stayed silent the rest of the car ride. I'm upset, but at the same relieved I got the knife back from him. What would have happened if I didn't?

We make it back home, I sent Jungkook off to his room and started on dinner. Yoongi and Taehyung sat in the kitchen to"help" me, Taehyung making little drawings as Yoongi did well, nothing. I watch to two, draw together with smile wishing I could have done that with Jungkook at one point. My phone ringing somehow startles all of us and Yoongi grabs it off the counter answering for me.

"Uh hello? Oh ok, alright. Thank you, you too!" He answers hanging up the phone. "You have a parent-teacher conference tomorrow at three, cause Jungkook decided to beat up that kid."

I nod my head before writing it down on a sticky note so i won't forget. "Hey can you watch the food for me, I have to go talk to Jungkook," I ask and the boys nod.

I walk upstairs to his room making sure to knock on the door instead of walking right in; he's a teenager, I don't know what I might see. He opens the door before sitting back down on his bed, I step in closing the door behind me.

"Are you hot? You like never wear a shirt, I can turn the AC on you that right?" I ask getting completely off topic. He just shrugs and smirks at me. Wait, why did he smirk? 

"Right, okay well that's not what I'm here to talk about. How was school? Besides the fight. Did you make any friends?"

He sighs crossing his muscular arms making him look a little too mature. "Yeah, I guess. This kid named Hoseok was following me around and talking to me so I guess we're friends," he shrugs. "But that's not what you're here to talk about."

"Right. Why did you do it? Did he hit you? Because if he hit you first I could understand," I question. His expression quickly changes as he uncrosses his arms and looks down with a pout, making him look a lot more innocent rather than a bad boy.

"He was talking about me," he mutters almost as if he was embarrassed.

I nod my head understanding why it would upset him but that wouldn't lead him to fight someone. "What did he say?" I ask softly.

"He called me a and a little . I don't even know if I'm gay but- Does it hurt?" He asks changing the subject.

I frow my brows confused as to what he could be referring to, but he gives me this look as if I should know what he's talking about. "What?" I question.

"Does having hurt?"  He asks clearly.

"Huh?" I ask a bit confused and shocked at how we got to this subject. Weren't just talking about a fight?

He lets out a loud chuckle, the inside of his cheek before staring at me with those now seemingly darker eyes. "Oh, I'm sorry, let me be a little more clear. Does ing hurting?" he questions bluntly with a small smirk on his face.
 
My eyes widen and I somehow choke on my spit. "No, but yes but it depends. Do we need to have, ya know the talk?" I cough out.

"I'm not a , I've just always wondered what its like to be with a guy," He confessed with a shrug

"Oh," I mutter, awkwardly. "Oh, so you're just curious."

"Kinda, I figured that out the third time I slept with a girl,"

"Remind me to make a doctor's appointment to get you tested," I mumble staring down at the floors, my eyes following the odd wooden lines.

"Is it worth the wait?" he questions.

"Huh?" I question, unable to look the boy in the eyes.

"Like falling in love first before you do it," he rephrases.

I look up to see him staring at me, I shift around awkwardly unsure what to do with limbs as he looks at me with his dark eyes."It depends? Do you have a crush on someone? You got that whole dreamy look in your eye like you're thinking about someone," I tease, attempting to lighten the tense atmosphere.

"I guess you can call it a crush. It's just one guy I keep thinking about," he shrugs with an odd glint in his eyes as he stares at me.

"Awww. Well, you're grounded and I'm definitely taking you to the doctor," I inform wanting to get out the room more than ever.

"Right,"  he chuckles, biting his lips as he scratches the back of his neck.

"Dinner is pretty much ready to put on a shirt before you come downstairs, no one needs to see that," I tease before darting out of his bedroom. I stand in the empty hallway with my back against a wall. My heart slightly twinges thinking back on what Jungkook told me and simply how he looked. He's really grown up and I wasn't even there to witness it.