chapter 34

INFATUATED ➣ KSJ.JJK

I take two steps forward, and Seokjin once again takes twelve back. He's gone back to being his avoidant self after our last argument. But this time, it's different. It's not to spare his feelings. He's hiding something from me.

Something is going on with Seokjin. I can just feel it.

First, it was him keeping our conversations short, as if he was afraid to slip up and say whatever he's hiding.

Then I started to notice the odd way he and Yoongi have been behaving. Their love-stricken smiles and stares, the need to spend more time alone together. They've been acting like two love-sick teenagers.

Something had to happen between them.

I notice a lot more than Seokjin thinks I do, but keeping an eye on him hasn't been working, neither has questioned him. He won't budge. Instead, he brushes me off with a smile and tells me that I'm being paranoid for nothing.

I know something is up with him, and the fact he would even try to convince me otherwise makes me laugh.

Why does he insist on keeping secrets from me? And since when has he gotten so good at lying to me?

I thought it was clear he and I have an open and honest relationship. What's his is mine. Whatever concerns him is my business as well. There is no room for secrets. It's funny that he would ever think otherwise.

I make my way into the Seokjin's and Yoongi's bedroom, making sure to close the door behind me before shoving my way into the older's arms, my head resting into his chest.

Feigning innocence has always made the older more responsive towards me. It's easier to get closer to Seokjin that way.

"Jungkook," The older murmurs.

I hum into his chest as I snuggle closer with a content smile.

"What's wrong, baby?" Seokjin questions. I feel him relax as he drapes an arm around me. His free hand plays with my hair.

"Say that again," I mumble into his chest.

"Say what?"

I move out of his arms, shifting myself onto his lap. "Baby. Call me baby again," I repeat, eyes staring into his.

The corners of Seokjins lips tug into a smile. "Baby, what's wrong?" He questions again.

He did it. Just like that...

I bite back a smile as I let out a sigh. A content one. "I feel like ," I mumble as I rest my head onto his chest once again.

"What happened?" The older asks with a concerned frown. He wraps an arm around my waist.

At this point, I can't tell if he's ing with me or not. Things have certainly changed.

"Well, our argument, we're distant again. You promised me you won't do that anymore, hyung. I've been missing you a lot. Didn't think you wanted to talk to me, so I guess that's why I'm sad."

"Jungkook, I'm really sorry--"

"I was thinking we should do something. Let's do something together! We can go out," I suggest cutting the older off, not wanting to hear any more disingenuous apologies and excuses.

Seokjin's face screams guilty as he at his lips. "Go out?" He questions.

I nod, "Yeah, like on a date. Please, it'll be our first one," I ask, grabbing Seokjin's hand, intertwining the older's fingers with mine.

I watch as he looks down at our hands contemplatively before nodding.

"Okay, Jungkook, let's go on a date."

A huge grin makes its way onto my face. I cup the older's cheeks before pressing a kiss onto his lips, and when we pull away, there's this smile on his face. I can only assume he wants this as much as I do.

"I want to plan it, okay, baby? I'm going to make sure it perfect," I assure, my thumb gently the older's cheek.

Seokjin places his hand on top of mine and smiles. "I'm sure you--"

"Seokjin!" Yoongi calls, his smile faltering as he barges into the room.

Usually, seeing the man puts a sour taste in my mouth, but the look on his face just makes this a whole lot better.

"Hi, love," Seokjin greets with big startled eyes, and Yoongi snorts.

"What?" The older questions, his voice slightly wavering.

Yoongi shakes his head. "Nothing, it's just you guys look cute. It's nice to see you two so playful for once," the male says with a smile.

"For once? We're like this quite often," I say with a wide plastic grin.

It was clear Yoongi didn't know much, but as he stared at us, his mind slowly put the two pieces together. The male stares me down with a hint of disgust in his eyes, bringing another grin across my face. He knows.

The man shifts almost as if he was uncomfortable before letting out a sigh. "Is that so?" He questions.

His question is seemingly more directed at Seokjin, who stares between us with nervous eyes as he bites at his lips. The older lets out a nervous chuckle as he nods.

"Well, of course. He is my son after all," Seokjin says jokingly. It was almost too nonchalant.

"Sorry, Yoongi-ssi. Ive really missed spending time with dad, is all," I pout, shifting my weight, letting my grind against the older. I bite back a smirk as I feel Seokjin grip onto my waist, signaling me to stop.

"Bab--Jungkook, you should go to your room. It's getting late," the older says, and I feel him tap lightly at my side.

A smile twitches onto my face at his little mistake. Yoongi looks at Seokjin with a frown. He's fuming, his fists clenched at his side. This all just makes me want to laugh.

"Alright. Goodnight, Dad," I tease as I slip off his lap, and the older looks at me with wide eyes.

"Night Yoongi-ssi," I say, biting the inside of my cheek as I stare the older down before leaving out the room.

Well, there goes our perfect moment.