chapter 33

INFATUATED ➣ KSJ.JJK

"Seokjin," Jungkook calls out. I can feel his eyes on me, but I don't budge, keeping my stare directed towards the road.

There's nothing he can say to make this better. There are no apologies or excuses for what he did, and even if he had any, I know it'd all be a lie. It always is.

"Yes, honey," I reply, my eyes still focused on the road and grip tight on the steering wheel.

"I'm sorry," He mutters.

I pay him no mind, it's best if I keep my composure. I know anything else will lead to an argument anyway.

"It's fine," I say, attempting to brush it off, and I hear him let out a huff.

"Don't act like that," He scoffs.

I finally snap my head towards him with narrowed eyes. "Act like what?" I question. It comes out a lot harsher than I had intended it to.

"Like you're not upset with me. You promised we would talk these things out more," Jungkook says as if this is just some little disagreement.

I didn't want to start this with him now, but it seems like he really sees no problem with what he did.

"You want to talk?" I ask as I look over at him, Jungkook nods his head, and I pull onto the side of the road, putting the car in park. "Fine, let's talk," I say as I turn to him, and I can see the guilty look form onto his face.

"I know I ed up-"

"Yeah, you did Jungkook. You really crossed the line this time. I'm so glad you're self-aware," I retort.

"I couldn't stand that smug look on his face and how persistent he was with you, and you sat there being all nice to him-"

"Jungkook, he was my friend at one point. You do understand that, right? He was a good friend of mine, and we haven't seen each other in years--he hasn't seen you in years, and he loved you so so much. I don't know what you think is going on with Namjoon, but that's not the case at all," I say in an attempt to convince the younger.

Jungkook scoffs, throwing his head back before turning to look at me. "I see the way he looks at you, and you smile along like a little idiot," he jeers.

"Can you please refrain from calling me things like that? You wanted to talk, and it starting to feel like it's going to derail into an argument," I try to reason, but he looks at me with narrowed eyes.

"It wasn't supposed to be an argument until you started taking his ing side," he shouts.

I let out a sigh as I lean my head onto the steering wheel. "Jungkook, he's just an old friend, your therapist, and you kissed me like that in front of him," I say as calmly as possible, maybe for once it might actually get through to him.

"What? You don't your little boyfriend seeing us like that?" He scoffs, deflecting from the issue at hand as usual.

If there's one thing I've learned about Jungkook, it's that he can't take any responsibility for his actions. He always feels the need to prove he's right, and when Jungkook isn't right, he deflects and points out your problems instead. Jungkook is good at deterring things and manipulating situations. I've seen him do it to me with realizing countless times. I'm aware that he's young, but even nine-year-olds can admit when they've done something wrong.

"That's not it at all, and you know-"

"He was flirting with you. I know you're not ing stupid, Seokjin. He was touching all over you, and I bet you enjoyed it, didn't you? What is with Yoongi not enough? I'm also ing you might as well add on another man-"

All I can do is sit and stare at the younger in disbelief, id never thought he'd go this far.

"Are you ing serious? What are you trying to say right now, Jungkook? Are you trying to call me ?" I question sharply, eyeing the younger down.

He lefts out a huff, "I never said that," He says with a shrug as if nothing he had said was wrong.

"But you implied it. So that's how you see me?" I question, and he hesitates, opening his mouth as if he wants to say something but closes it, deciding not to say instead.

I let out a laugh in disbelief. "Get out of my car," I demand, nodding my head towards the passenger door.

"Seokjin-"

I shake my head, unlocking his side of the door. "Get out and walk, ing hitchhike for all I care."

Jungkook furrows his eyebrows as he looks at me, "You're actually mad at me?" He asks.

He says it as if I'm the one in the wrong. As if I'm the crazy one for reacting the way I am now.

"Yes, I am mad Jungkook, I'm ing livid. You kissed me in front of the therapist because of your little jealousy issues, and then you're implying that I sleep around when I've only been with you! Yoongi hasn't even touched me ever since I've been with you-"

He narrows his eyes and scoffs. "Why should I even believe you?" He asks, and I stare at him in awe. He is truly something else.

"Jungkook-"

"I mean, the moment he asked you out, I saw how your eyes lit up--you never look at me like that! And it's the same with Yoongi. You haven't broken up with him yet!" He argues.

"Have you ever considered maybe I don't want to break up Yoongi?" I snap, the words just slipping out my mouth.

I watch as his eyes become dark and his expression unreadable. "What did you just say?"

This is what I didn't want to happen. I didn't want to argue. All I wanted was for Jungkook to admit finally admit his faults. It wasn't supposed to go this far.

"Nothing," I stammer out.

Jungkook scoffs. "No, speak your mind since all you ever do is act like I'm some abusive . You can voice whatever you have to say," He says, his tone harsh and stare cold.

I swallow back the dryness in my throat as I turn away from his glare. "I don't want to end things with him. I love-"

"No, you don't."

"I love-"

"No, you don't. You don't ing love him!" He shouts, cutting me off again.

I let out a huff of breath, growing impatient with the male. "I love my fiance," I finally manage out.

A smirk grows onto Jungkooks face, "But you're ing me, so how much do you really love him?" he mocks.

"This is different, and you know-"

"The lies you tell yourself," He says, almost in awe. "Do you seriously hate me that bad?"

I don't hate you," I sigh.

Jungkook frowns, "But you definitely don't like me. You just have to put up with me."

"Jungkook, I don't put up-"

"Yes, you do! You're doing it right now. You try to make me feel better constantly and my ego while you feel like !" He argues.

"So you're self-aware," I say, more so to myself in disbelief.

"Hyung, if I knew why I acted the way I do, I would tell you. I seriously hate the person I am, I hate what I see and the things that go on in my head--I can't explain it, but I wish I was better--I want to be better, and I want to do right by you. I'm sorry you have to put up with me. I don't know how to change, and I don't know if ever I will, but I'll keep apologizing every time I up... I just need help." He says.

At this point, I'm not even sure if I can believe him. Why should I? Everything up to this point shows he isn't sorry. He's stuck in his ways, and he's made no effort or will to change. I shouldn't believe him, and I don't, but it doesn't stop that horrible feeling as if every past mistake I made led him to be like this.

"Well, that's what therapy is for Jungkook," I sigh.

"I didn't realize I had a problem-- I mean I did, but I didn't know I was this bad until my friend pointed out how I'm dull and mean and emotionless to everyone when I don't want to be like that I want to be happy I want everyone around me to be happy," He says, and for once he sounds genuine.

I can't help but feel so much guilt. It's my fault, isn't it?

I sigh and place a gentle hand on his shoulder. "You have to start trying then this means actually going to therapy no more cursing out poor Namjoon who only wants to help you-"

" him," Jungkook grumbles, and I let out another sigh.

"You two were so close when you were younger, and I know you don't remember it, but he was and still is so fond of you. No matter how much you lash out at him now, he will never say anything bad about you. Namjoon really loved you, baby, please believe me. I trust him when he says he only wants to help, that's it," I promise, and Jungkook rolls his eyes.

"Of course you trust him," He huffs.

"I trust you too, but you'll never give that back to me, so how is this going to work, Jungkook?" I ask softly.

He peers over at me, "I do trust you," He mumbles.

"Then please listen to me. We both only want the best for you," I say with as much sincerity as I can.

Jungkook stares contemplatively before letting his shoulders slump with a huff. "Fine," he sulks.

"That means you'll back to therapy and try to make things work?" I ask, hopefully.

He hesitates before slowly nodding his head. "Yeah," he agrees, almost defeatedly.

I give him a weak smile as I take his hand, intertwining his fingers with mine, "Yeah?"

He nods his head again, and I give him a kiss on the forehead, "I'm really proud of you for doing this."

I hope for once his words match up with his actions.