chapter 14

INFATUATED ➣ KSJ.JJK

"Jimin?" I answer only to hear soft whimpering from the other side. "Is everything okay?"

"Kookie please come back. Daddy is crying, and my daddy is looking for you." , I quickly get up and grab my bag. "I'm coming, Taehyung. Just go sit down everything will be alright," I tell the boy and gives me a small okay before hanging up the phone,

I glance over at Hoseok whos sitting there with wide eyes. "I have to go," I tell him before heading downstairs. He follows behind me as I put on my shoes and step towards the door.

"You need me to drive you home?" He asks, and I shake my head running out.

I ignore the burning in my chest as I run home, darting across streets barely missing cars. I make it to the house catching my breath as I throw off my shoes and drop my bag at the front door. I go upstairs to see Jin sitting on my bed with a photo in hand.

The floor creaks from underneath me startling the older, and he glances up at me his brown locks a tousled mess, with tears running down his red cheeks. "Kookie?" he barely croaks out. His sweet voice now dull and raspy.

"I'm here," I whisper out, taking a seat on the bed next to him. He smiles grimly, handing me the photograph. It's us with bright smiles as we stand together, I look happy and innocent. What happened? Where did everything go wrong?

"You said you wanted to see a picture right?" He questions letting out a raspy chuckle. "That was on your first day of school. You were five, and I remember you not wanting to go. We both cried as you held onto my legs, and ran away from your teachers," He explains smiling at the memory. "At the end of the day, you came back happy, talking about your new friends and how excited you were to go back."

"Can you please tell me what happened?" I ask desperately, and he looks down. "Jin please answer me. I don't want to go on like this, wondering why no one wants me around. I thought you got rid of me, that hurt so much. I don't want to hurt anymore."

He looks up at me and runs his hands through his hair. "Jungkook. I don't even know what to say I'm sorry I put you through all of that. It's my fault baby, all mine," he whispers placing a hand on my back.

"For some reason, I don't believe that," I retort and he lets out a sigh.

"Your mother and I dated for about two years in high school, and our junior year she was pregnant. We stayed together for a bit, but when you were born she decided, she didn't want to be a mother anymore." He explains. "She wanted to give you but for adoption, but I just couldn't. I fell in love the moment I laid eyes on you."

"You were perfect, just absolutely beautiful. You were such a quiet baby, and when you got older, you were the sweetest thing ever. You truly made me so happy, and I was glad I never gave my happiness away." He says with a smile.

"Do I have grandparents? They must have stopped talking to you after a teen pregnancy," I question.

He gives me a sad look before smiling grimly. "You do, but I came out when you were about two years old, and they disowned me."

His eyes begin to water up, and I can't help but feel guilty. I need to know what happened. "Why was I taken away?" I question abruptly, his eyes widen and he intakes a sharp breath,

"I was kicked out by my parents, so I moved in with my boyfriend at the time. He was ok with everything at first, but then he started to become abusive. I didn't know what to do, and I didn't have enough money to move out. I tried my hardest to make sure you were happy and had what you needed, so I put up with the abuse." , I'm the worse person ever. Here I was thinking he is horrible when sacrificed everything for me.

"What I did was selfish, I put you in danger. No, he never hit you, but what if he did?" He whispers staring down at the floors.

"Jin-"

"The night everything happened I pissed him off, and if the police didn't come that night he would have hurt the both of us," He explains, eyes focused on the ground. "I spent all this time getting my life together so when I got custody you could have ever you wanted."

"I don't-"

"Jungkook I know it's impossible, but I want to make up every year without you. I will never be able to forgive myself, so I cannot possibly ask that from you, but I'm going to do better this time," he says looking back up at me.

"Thank you," I whisper out.

"Why are you thanking me?" He chuckles brushing my hair back with a sweet smile planted on his face. "It was about time I told you the truth."

I shift closer to him and wipe the remaining tears from his face. He smiles at me, and I can't help but stare down at his lips. He gives me a questionable look, and I move in closer, pressing my lips against his. I feel him press in as well, wrapping an arm around me as my hands reach his waist.

His lips are soft and intoxicating, making me want more. I deepen the kiss and pull him onto my lap. I run my tongue against his bottom lip, and he opens them slightly running his fingers through my hair. My lips find my way on his neck, and I try to pull up his shirt, but he jerks away from me with wide eyes.

"What the ," he mutters out breathlessly as I stare down his glossy pink lips.

"What? Parents kiss their kids, it's normal," I whisper pressing a kiss on his cheek.

His fingers touch his lips as he looks up at me almost regretfully. "Jungkook I don't think-"

"It's fine," I chuckle pecking his lips. "We should go to bed." He stands up, and I grab his wrist pulling him back to the bed.

"What happened?" He asks softly.

"Sleep here with me tonight." He whispers a small okay before lying down next to me. I throw my arm around his waist pulling him closer to me. "I love you so much," I murmur cupping his face, kissing the corner of his lips.

He sighs snuggling closer to me, and I smile to myself. He'll be mine soon.