chapter 10

INFATUATED ➣ KSJ.JJK

It's been weeks since Jin has talked to me, we have had small conversations here and there but it seems like ever since I asked about my mother he's been avoiding me like I was the plague. I saw the hurt look on his face when I asked, he kept quiet during the ride and was quiet when we came back home.

Half of my life is gone, I can't remember much about him or my family, if I even had one at all the most I can remember is being placed in different homes. I was moved around a lot, the first family I lived with was kind, they took care of me as if I was their own I don't know what happened but they gave me back, I couldn't understand why and begged and cried for them to keep me.

The last home was neglectful and abusive, I spent three years with them over time I learned that I couldn't trust anyone, I started to take care of myself. I couldn't be dependent on them, the woman I looked up to as a mother would beat me while her husband was getting drunk every night. They were hurting, thought a child would have fixed their problems but it didn't because they got me.

I look up hearing a soft knock at my door, sighing to myself as I hear Jin's gentle voice behind it. "Kookie can we talk?" He asks making me smile unconsciously.

Why can't I just be mad at him?

"Sure come in," I respond, he walks in with a wary smile, standing in front of my bed awkwardly. I can't help but stare at the older man down as I wave at him to sit next to me.

"I'm sorry I've been-"

"Don't say you were busy," I say cutting him off, my voice cold and monotoned. "Please don't lie to me."

"Kookie, I-"

"Do you know what it's like to have half of your life completely gone? I feel lost and confused." He's silent, a somber expression is placed over his face as he stares down at his hands. "As my parent don't you think you should tell me what happened?" I question, now sitting up to face the older.

He stays silent, his gaze focused on the floor as he fiddles with his fingers. "What happened to my mom? Do I have any other family? What happened to my life?" I ask, pressing on the conversation.

"Jungkook can we please talk about this later?" He asks almost pleadingly, he looks up at me with red puffy eyes and tears slowly streaming down his flushed cheeks.

A part of me wants to hold him and apologize, just forget it all and go about my life. But I can't, I can't spend my whole life wondering why things are the way they are. "You said later before, right now is later, I want to know," I retort.

He looks up at me with guilt filled eyes, he closes his eyes for a moment letting out a small sigh before looking back at me. "It's complicated," he breathes out.

"No its not! You're only making it complicated!" I exclaim, he noticeably winces shifting away from almost fearfully.

"Jungkook, please don't yell," he murmurs.

I clunch my fists as I bite down on my lip trying to keep calm, my patience is thinning. "I'm not a kid anymore you missed that part of my life, remember?" I snark, his eyes go wide as he stands up from the bed.

"Kookie, please don't say things like that I-"

"No, you're right, it is too complicated. I don't care anymore," I scoff with a shrug.

"Can you just please listen to me, I don't want to hurt you, everything that has happened might be too much for you," he attempts to reason, looking down at me with hurt eyes. "I've spent most of my life full of hatred and it's made me sick and depressed. I don't want that for you."

" Jin, just forget it. I'm sorry I even asked," I scoff lying back onto my bed. "I want to be alone, please."

He nods slowly before leaving out the room, I sigh hearing the click of the door closing shut. Why can't he just be honest with me?