chapter 35

INFATUATED ➣ KSJ.JJK

"-- I forgot something. I'm sorry. Let me go upstairs real quick," Jungkook hisses in annoyance.

Today is our first official date. Jungkook has been hiding the details about it from me all week. I can tell he's nervous about it all while I just feel sick to my stomach.

Why am I doing this?

I nod, and he gives me a tense smile, and the moment he goes back upstairs, I let out a sigh.

I hear footsteps behind me and turn around with a fake smile. "That was quick--"

My words die out as I see Yoongi standing there pursing his lips. "You guys didn't leave yet?" He questions and I shake my head.

"Good, I wanted to talk to you about something," He says, motioning over to the couch before sitting down.

And I can feel my stomach drop as the words leave his mouth.

These talks always make me feel queasy and nervous nowadays. I have been tiptoeing around my fiance, lying to him, and being unfaithful for months now.

Everything can just come crashing down any day now.

"Hm, what happened?" I ask as I sit beside him.

"I was thinking, what would be a better time than now to tell the kids?"

I shake my head, "I don't know Yoongi--"

"Is there a reason you don't want to say anything, Seokjin?" He questions.

It's almost stern how the words slip past his lips. It sends a shiver down my spine.

"Well, no--"

"Then why do you keep deflecting from this?" He questions and I feel a lump in my throat. "You come up with new excuses. I'm starting to think this isn't just about the kids. Are you have second thoughts--"

"What? No! Yoongi, there is nothing more that I want than this. I love you, and I don't want to imagine my life without you and Taehyung and Jimin."

"And Jungkook," he adds with an eyebrow cocked.

Oh god.

I nod my head, "And Jungkook."

"What about me?" A voice says as they descend from the stairs.

I look over at the younger with wide eyes slipping off the couch as he walks towards us. "You ready to go?" I ask, and he nods.

Yoongi looks over at Jungkook, and then his eyes land on me. His eyes stare me up and down as if he could see through me like he knows something is up.

"Have fun," he says almost sulkily as he leaves from his spot on the couch back upstairs.

I feel Jungkook's hand grab my shoulder as he stares at me, eyebrows furrowed.

"What was that about?"

I my lips and stare at the spot Yoongi once sat at before gazing over at the younger.

"I don't want to talk about that right now. Let's just enjoy this day, and we'll talk when we get home," I mutter, pushing past the boy to the door.

"No, tell me now," He demands, following behind me.

I huff, rolling my eyes as I look at the younger. "Jungkook, please, we're supposed to be having a good time today, yes? I don't want to talk about it now. Can you not ruin for yourself for once in your goddamn life!"

. . --

I watch as Jungkook's expression drop, he looks taken aback before staring at me with hurt eyes, and I feel a huge amount of guilt hitting me all at once. I don't think I've ever lost my cool or yelled at him like this before.

"I'm sorry," he mumbles out as he pulls his eyes away from mine, head low and gazing towards the floor.

I let out a sigh. I really ed it up this time.

"No, look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped on you like that--"

"No, it's okay," he dismisses, shaking his head. "It's okay. Let's just enjoy this day?"

His hand takes mind. He looks up at me with those pretty doe eyes, his lips curving into a smile.

Oh god, I'm ed.