chapter 25

INFATUATED ➣ KSJ.JJK

"Alright, Tae, I'll let you press down the batter into the pan, then we can put it in the oven and be all dome," I tell the let boy, helping him roll up his sleeves. "Your hands clean?"

He nods, holding his tiny hands out for me to see, "All clean, daddy," he grins brightly.

"Okay, go ahead, baby," I tell the boy, and he quickly gets to work, looking focused as he pats the cookie into the pan.

These moments bring me so much joy. I remember when Jungkook was this young, we would spend our days baking and playing before my ex would come home from work. Despite all the abuse endured, I did it all for Jungkook. He was one source of happiness.

I jump as I feel a pair of arms wrap snugly around my waist, but I soon relax when they rest their head in the crook of my neck. "Yoongi?" I guess, but the arms squeeze me lightly.

"I'm hurt hyung. You don't even recognize my hugs," Jungkook says teasingly.

"'m sorry, Kookie."

He chuckles, whispering, "I forgive you," a hint of playfulness in his tone, but his breath hitting my neck sends chills down my spine.

"What are you guys making?" Jungkook asks, swaying us back and forth slowly.

"We're making you a giant cookie!" Taehyung says as he turns to Jungkook.

"Ah, really? Let hyung see," Jungkook says, unwrapping his arms from me but squeezes my side gently with one hand, leaving me tingling all over as he brushes past me to Taehyung.

"You did so well, Tae. It looks yummy, good job!" He praises the boy who gives him a bashful smile.

"Daddy, oven now?" Taehyung asks as he looks at me.

I nod and grab the pan, "Jungkook, can you help him wash his hands." He nods, taking the younger to the sink as I place the pan into the oven, I turn to see Jungkook lifting the small boy, helping him get all the soap his hands.

A proud smile spreads across my face as I watch how good Jungkook is with Taehyung. He really is the perfect older brother, so patient and kind to the younger boy.

Jungkook sets the boy down, and I hand a towel to Taehyung for him to dry his hands. "Thank you so much for all your help, baby. You did such an amazing job. You can go play now, honey," I tell Taehyung, who nods, handing me the towel before running off.

"So, Jungkook, have you decided what you want to do for your birthday yet?" I ask as I turn my attention to the boy.

I can hardly believe he's turning 18 tomorrow, but he's been so nonchalant about this whole thing. It makes me kind of sad to see he doesn't seem to care about his birthday, especially when its the most important day for me.

Jungkook hums as he leans back against the counter. "There's no pressure Kookie. We can stay home and relax, whatever you want, it's all about you. You know I've celebrated your birthday every year without you, I'm sorry if I get too excited, it's just this is the first time in 12 years ill get to spend it with you," I confess.

"I know what I want to do hyung," Jungkook murmurs.

"Really?"

He nods, pushing himself up from the counter as he approaches me. "I want to spend the whole day with you."

"Just me?" I ask eyebrows furrowed.

He nods again, coming closer before taking my hands into his own.

"Just me and you. How fun would that be, hm? Just you and I together all alone with no one to bother us," He says with a smile.

"If that's what you want, love."

I try to hide my disappointment. I really thought hed want a day with all of us as a family, but his day and as long as he's happy, I don't care what we do.

"It really is. Thank you, hyung.""Of course," I mutter.

Jungkook cups my face gently and kisses the side of my jaw before leaving to i presume his room, and the moment he leaves, I could finally breathe properly.

I'm nervous, and from the dark look in Jungkook's eyes, I should be.