chapter 22

INFATUATED ➣ KSJ.JJK

I couldn't believe he had the guts to say no to me, but this whole week he's been acting like an actual parent. I hate it.

He avoids looking at and talking to me unless necessary. He's put a wall between us to the point where I don't even feel like his son, I'm an outsider.

I didn't ask for any of this. I didn't ask to be apart of this new family, to go to this new school where I feel alone, I didn't ask to fall in love with him it all just happened this way.

All I want is a chance to explain how real this is for me, how much I love him. It wouldn't matter either way. He loves someone that isn't me, he loves his fiance, those kids, this damn house more than me. I want to see it to all crumble to pieces.

"Kookie! Its time for dinner," Taehyung tells me, running into my room, "Come on, let's go!"

I shake my head, "I'm leaving baby," I reply, and the younger boy pouts.

Jin steps behind the boy, tapping his shoulder. Taehyung hugs his leg before running back downstairs.

"What do you mean you're leaving?" He questions sternly, arms crossed against his chest.

"I'm going out," I answer, sitting up from my bed. I try to walk past him, but he steps in front of me and into the room, closing the door behind him. "What the do you want?"

He frowns, "Excuse me-"

"What the do you want?" I repeat, plopping back onto my bed.

I can tell by the look on Jin's face he's pissed off, but he replaces it with a fake smile. "Where are you going, and why didn't you tell me ahead of time?" He asks.

"Didn't think you would care either way," I confess.

His eyebrows furrow and he uncrosses his arm, "And what makes you think that?"

"You've been ignoring me for weeks now, what did you expect? I know you want to put some space between us, but this isn't the way you should be doing it," I reply, seeing the look on his face drop.

I know Jin and one of his weakness is he's too kind. I drop something about how bad he makes me feel, and he'll give in into me.

He's a sweet man and cares about others so strongly in a way that I could never understand. I would usually use something like that to my advantage, but I'm so in love with the kind idiot, besides I'd rather win his heart fairly. I want him to be with me and not regret it after.

A pout begins to make a way to his face as he tears up. He could be a good manipulator if he wanted to who wouldn't fall for him, especially when he looks like that?

"I don't know what else to do I don't know-"

"I feel like you hate me? Like I'm a burden to you, which probably is true," I say.

That isn't a lie, with the sudden space between him and me, I got to sit back and watch him with his perfect family. It hurts to know I was probably never apart of the plan, to know I was never really wanted just some kind of responsibility he had to take care of for good this time.

"I love you more than anything," He tells me, I'm not too sure he means that anymore.

"Let's face the truth dad. You had the perfect life with a great family and fiance. You can tell me if you don't want me here anymore," I tell him, and he shakes his head stubbornly.

"But I do. I know you just expected it to be me and you, I never once considered how you'd you feel with all these changes, I'm sorry for how I've been treating you, but don't ever doubt my love for you. Things feel weird, but I will always love you more than anything."

No, no you don't, you'd get rid of them if you did.

I let out a sigh before, gathering up a smile, "I'll be hanging out with Hoseok. I'll be home before one, so don't worry about me, ok? If I don't make it before then, I'll call you," I tell him, grabbing my bag from off the floor.

"O-Oh, ok," he mutters, shocked. I laugh and press a kiss on his cheek, and he slides away from the door, allowing me to leave out.


 

I made it to Hoseok's house, and for some hours, we talked a bit, ate, and wrapping up the night with some games. Hoseok suddenly pauses the game, and I look at him in confusion as he studies my face.

"What?" I question, becoming frustrated.

"What's with the long face? Boyfriend problems again?" he asks.

I roll my eyes, groaning, "Shut up," I respond, and he laughs.

"That's it, huh?" he teases. "Why don't you break up with him maybe there's someone else you like?"

Can't break up with someone I'm not dating, dummy.

I shake my head, clearing my throat. "No, I still love him."

Hoseok frowns, "You sure its reciprocated? From what you say it seems like-"

"He doesn't love me back, but if I'm persistent enough, maybe we'll actually be together."

"Wait, wait, you two aren't together yet!?" He yells, and I smack his arm signing him to quiet it down.

"He's with someone else," I huff.

His eyes widen as he yells again, "You're chasing after a guy with a boyfriend!?"

"Fiance," I correct, earning a loud gasp from the boy.

"Jesus christ Jungkook, so he's been cheating on his fiance this whole time poor guy," He questions. "You don't care or feel bad at all?"

I glare at the thought of that, "Why should I? He was mine, to begin with," I say, and Hoseok shakes his head.

"I don't even believe you. Show me a picture of this Jin," Hoseok scoffs, crossing his arms.

I sigh, pulling out my phone, going through my gallery of pictures of Jin I had saved from his Instagram, and show the boy. Hoseok quirks up an eyebrow, and I glance over at him, confused.

"If you're gonna lie at least don't pick someone famous," he deadpans.

"What are you talking about? That's literally the guy I had lunch with, you were there?" I say, and his eyes widen.

"Oh, he's hot and so out of your league," Hoseok jokes.

I shoot him a glare and pull my phone to my chest, almost hugging the picture when I feel Hoseok's eyes on me again. "What now?" I groan.

He shrugs, "I still think you stop this before you get hurt. Trust me, there are so many other people out there," He mutters. "Seriously, a lot of people find you attractive."

Everyone in our grade hates me, what is he on?"

Name one person, as far as I'm concerned our whole grade thinks I'm an antisocial creep."

"Well, they aren't wrong, but I can think of one person right now," he replies.

I roll my eyes, ignoring the comment, and decide to entertain him. "Oh, really? Who?"

Hoseok bites his lip before shaking his head, "No one," he mutters. "You should go home soon, your parents might be worried."

I nod, seeing the look on his face he was about to confess anyway. I'm aware of his feelings, but it will only make things more complicated for me and Jin. He needs to get over it.

"Oh well, alright. I'll see you at school then?" I shrug, pushing myself up from the bed, throwing my bag over my shoulder.

He walks me to the door and watches in silence as I put my shoes on. He seems fixated on something, and when I look at him, he smiles grimly before opening the door for me, mumbling a goodbye.

I can't give him a relationship, but I can pull along, he could help me in some way. 


 

I make my way back home and quietly close the door behind me before kicking my shoes off. I step into the living to see Seokjin fast asleep on the couch. Was he waiting for me?

I step closer to him and coo, seeing the cute look on his face. I grab a blanket and place it over him.

Jin jumps a bit and squints his eyes, "Kookie, you're back?" He mumbles with a hint of excitement in his sleepy voice.

I nod, and he smiles, "Did you have fun with your friend? You know you can invite him over whenever I'd love to meet him," he says groggily.

I smile at his kindness, but I know that could never happen.

"You should go back to sleep it's late," I tell him, and he looks around at the darkroom before nodding cutely.

"I will. Your plate is in the fridge. Goodnight, I love you," he mutters before drifting back off to sleep.

A smile comes up to my face as I kneel down at his side. I can't help but stare lovingly before pressing a light kiss on his head. When I pull away, I brush his hair away from his face and caress his cheek softly.

It takes a lot for me to leave his side, but I finally get up and go to my room, unable to stop thinking about him.

I couldn't even begin to explain the things I would do for that man.