chapter 3

INFATUATED ➣ KSJ.JJK

After showing Jungkook his room I left him alone for a bit to figure out what to make for dinner. Something special would be nice, maybe something I would make when he was younger. I think about something I could make for Jungkook, as I watch Yoongi's reflection in the microwave tiptoeing towards me.

"I can see you," I say sternly, he pauses for a moment with a confused expression on his face.

He comes behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist as he kisses my exposed back. "What's cooking good looking?" he jokes laughing as if it was funny.

"I don't know yet. I kinda want to make some cookies for my Kookie," I joke and he bites me on the shoulder in response. "Ow!"

He groans stifling out a giggle. "That was so cheesy, why are you like this?" He teases. "Do you think Jungkook likes me?"

"I'm not really sure. He seems like a good kid," I answer honestly.

"I know, but I'm just saying. I don't think he likes me," he mutters.

"You just have to give him some time to get used to you, ya know?" he hums in response.

"He just looks like he wants to punch me in the face. Still a cute kid, your family has some good genes," he compliments chuckling.

"I know right? When are Taehyung and Jimin coming back?" I question going to the pantry, Yoongi following behind back hugging me.

"Their mom still hasn't told me, I thought letting her some extra days with them would be ni-"

"Dad, can I help you cook?" Jungkook asks cutting Yoongi off.

I turn around as Yoongi unravels his arms from my waist. "Of course, do you know what you want for dinner?" I ask.

"Pizza," he replies blankly.

Yoongi grabs his phone out of pocket and Jungkook shoots a glare at him. "Alright, I can call a-"

"No, I want you to make it," Jungkook orders cutting Yoongi off as he points at me. "You can do that right, daddy?"

"Um sure," I mutter looking through the fridge. "We have dough, cheese, sauce, but we have no peppero-"

"I like chicken, on my pizza," he replies.

"We have chicken. Chicken is great too, I'll get started then!" I tell him pulling the ingredients out. He gives me an adorable bunny-like smile and lightly shoves Yoongi to hug me."Thank you so much! I love you."

"I love you too," I mutter as the boy pulls away.

Jungkook leaves the kitchen and Yoongi oddly checks to see if he's gone. "What 16-year-old calls their father daddy?"

"Shut up and help me," I murmur throwing a rag at him.

Yoongi and I made the pizza together, I ended up having him make it alone to bake some cookies for Jungkook making sure to hide them from Yoongi after. I called Jungkook down for dinner, and he pretty much sonic the hedgehog ran to the table. Once I placed the plate in front of him, he scoffed his food down in a matter of minutes, asking for seconds quickly after.

"Jungkook, please eat slowly so you don't choke," I warn him. He looks up at me with cutely with his big doe eyes and food stuffed into his cheeks. "Oh my gosh Jin he's so cute," Yoongi unexpectedly squeals looking at the boy.

"I'm not a baby," he whines with his mouth full of pizza.

"Jungkook, chew and swallow your food before talking," I order gaining an eye roll from the boy the boy.

He swallows his food staring directly at me with a pout. "I'm done, but I'm not full yet. I need more pizza!" He whines.

I sigh forgetting he's a growing boy and will eat a lot, I get up and grab the tray of cookies from the kitchen. "I have something else for you actually," I tell him coming back to the table with the tray of cookies. He looks up at me and smiles as I pick up one of the cookies, feeding it to him.

"They taste exactly how I remembered," he mumbles happily grabbing another cookie. "Is that whole tray for me?

"Of course, don't forget to brush your teeth," I tell him hearing a groan from Yoongi. "I'll make some cookies for you later.

After dinner, I got ready for bed and went to go check on Jungkook one last time, remembering to close his door once I see he's peacefully asleep. The house was eerily quiet, nothing but the patter of my footsteps was heard as I walked through the dark halls to my room. I made it to my darkroom, laying down next to Yoongi staring up at the ceiling as some way to help me sleep.

I hear the floors creak and tilt my head to see nothing. The floor creaks again, I sit up and look around the room; nothing. I lay back down sighing to myself, hoping that it's just my imagination. I try to close my eyes until I hear footsteps approaching the bed, I look to see Jungkook standing in front of me.

"Daddy, I'm too scared to sleep alone," he whispers.

I look to see if there's space on the bed for him before pushing Yoongi over. "Then come to lay down with us," I offer and he shakes his head.

"Don't you think I should get used to sleeping in my room?" He questions.

"Yes, of course, but-"

"Then come sleep with me, I'm sure Yoongi hyung will be fine alone," he says cutting me off.

"Okay," I mumble getting out of bed. I feel Jungkook grab my hand, pulling me out of the dark bedroom to his own.

The shining moon peeked through the sheer curtains, casting shadows of trees and the outline of the window, giving his room an ominous yet strangely beautiful appearance. The moonlight perfectly hitting his bed making me aware of where I was going, unlike my bedroom. Laying down, I start to feel tugging at my arm and look to see Jungkook using it as a pillow. I assume he is asleep once he cuddles onto me.

The sunlight shines through the sheer curtains hitting me in the face, I squint my eyes looking around the unfamiliar room. A small snore startles me, and look down to see a still sleeping Jungkook with his face buried in my chest. I try to get up, but with any move I make his grip becomes tighter; He's really strong for a 16-year-old. I try to shake him lightly whispering for him to get up, but when that all fails I grab a pillow and start whacking the boy with it. He quickly grabs my wrist, whining for me to stop hitting him.

"It's my first day here and you're already hitting me," he whines still holding onto me.

"You wouldn't wake up. and as much as I love and miss you, you can't hug me all day," I tell him trying to get up once again.

He chuckles and pulls me back down on the bed. "Why not?" He questions snuggling back onto me.

"I have things planned for us, like going to get something to eat in a couple of hours. How does that sound?" As soon as I asked the boy was already out of bed and inside the bathroom.

Once I'm done getting ready, I walk downstairs to see Jungkook sitting on the couch, looking a little mature than usual. He has on a black button up shirt, black slacks, and his dark hair parted down the middle. I walk up to the boy fixing his collar and hair. "You're dressed up like its a date," I chuckle and he looks up at me with an odd glint in his eye.

"Let's make it a date then. Do you have your keys?" He asks walking towards the door. I jingle the keys and he gives me a little grin before opening the door, making sure to hold it for me.

We walk down to the car and after Jungkook's pleading, I let him drive, surprisingly enough we didn't die on our way there and made it on time. We make it inside the restaurant, telling the hostess our reservation before being seated in a section I had picked out. The restaurant lights were bright overall, however, this section was dim with fairy lights strung around the room making it look beautiful. We walk to our table and I smile seeing the surprised expression on Jungkook's face; his doe eyes wide open and his mouth slightly hung open.

"This is so pretty," he gushes, sliding into the booth.

"I knew you would like it here," I reply happily, sitting across from him.

A waiter comes over with the menus and a smile on his face which somehow made the room brighter. "Hi, I'm Hoseok and I will be your waiter for today. Would you guys like to start off the drinks or do you need more time?" He asks pulling out a notepad.

"Um, can I have a sprite please, and a water for him," Jungkook replies, ordering for the both of us. Hoseok nods before walking off to go get our drinks.

I stare at the boy and he finally notices, giving me an innocent smile. "Hm? You always get a water," he shrugs, somehow managing to make me smile.

"Are you excited about going to school?" I ask trying to start a conversation.

"No, can you home-school me? It would be nice to spend some time with you," he sighs.

I chuckle, shaking my head. "You would get sick of me."

"Really? I don't think so," he states, rubbing his foot against my leg staring at me with a smirk.

Before I could say anything the waiter comes back and Jungkook suddenly stops. He places out drinks and straws on the table before pulling his notepad out. "Are you guys ready to order?"

"Oh yes, I will have the chicken parmesan and for him, pizza," I tell the waiter, handing over the menus. Jungkook shoots a glare at me and I playfully stick my tongue out at him. "Have fun eating pizza again."

"Okay, I will be back with your meal soon! Just call wave me over if you need he anything," He tells us before skipping away.

We sit in silence and seem to be having a staring contest from how Jungkook is looking at me without blinking. I finally give up, blinking so I could talk to him. "Okay you win! But I have a question," he hums in response. "How do you feel about Yoongi? and be honest."

"I don't like him," he answers bluntly.

"Jungkook," I whine, my eyes widen at the boy's boldness.

"What? You told me to be honest. I don't like his face," he shrugs taking a sip of his drink. "Besides, you don't need another man in your life, I'm here for you."

"Baby, you're just a baby," I snicker.

"No, I'm not," he argues.

"You'll be meeting his kids tomorrow," I tell him gaining an eye roll in response. "Taehyung is nine and Jimin is 17, they're really sweet kids."

"Woah, two kids? Yeah no, you'll try to replace me," He says jokingly.

"I could and would never. You're always going to be my favorite boy," I tell him.

"No matter what?" he questions placing his hand on mine.

"No matter what," I reassure, giving him a smile.