chapter 2

INFATUATED ➣ KSJ.JJK

Today is the first day that I'm seeing my dad after ten years. I can only remember bits and pieces about him, I remember him being a kind person, I remember the song he would sing to help me sleep, I remember the cookies he would bake, and most of all I remember the night I was taken away from him.

There was this man, he was really evil. He never cared about me or my dad, but he stayed with the man and I could never understand why. I watched as he choked my dad and suddenly the police came and took me away; I still have nightmares.

I'm worried about today there are so many thoughts running through my head, like what if he doesn't even want me? I just have to it up and wait for him to come. The caretaker had been telling me he would be coming soon, but I don't believe her.

If he didn't come ten years ago, why would he come now?

"Jungkook!" The caretaker shouts, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I quickly stand up from my seat startled and she gives me a small smile. "I-is he here?" I stutter out and she nods her head in response.

"He outside right now, come on!" She says excitedly, I quickly grab my bag and walk out of the building with her.

Once we make it out the door, I see two men standing by a car. One of them is short with blue hair and looks bored, while the taller one is prettier with light brown hair and a big smile on his face; yup he's definitely my dad.

I run down the steps to the man and just stand there shocked he's even here. "Um hi. I'm Jungkook," I say awkwardly holding out my hand.

He just looks at me and smiles before pulling me in for a hug. "I know silly! I was the one that named you," he jokes and I wrap my arms around him. I don't feel so tense around him anymore.

I pull away from him and smile. "I just thought you would have forgotten, it been a long time," I say truthfully.

The expression on his face quickly softens, I can tell he feels bad. "No baby of course not, I would never forget you. All I could think about was seeing you again," he says pushing hair from my face away. "You grew up to be so handsome."

"You did too!" I say excitedly, but it came out more awkward than I had anticipated.

He smiles before pulling me in for another hug. "I missed you so much, I love you so much. I'm so sorry," he says apologetically. 

"Its fine, I love you too daddy," I mumble into his chest, not wanting to stress him out anymore.

He suddenly squeals before pulling away and waving the grumpy looking man over. "Yoongi, meet my little baby!" He shouts making me groan.

The man walks over, before awkwardly waving at me. "Sorry I'm awkward with kids," he mutters.

 Huh, that's odd, I'm taller than him and I'm the kid.

Dad looks over at him, rolling his eyes. "Yoongi you have two kids," he says, shaking his head at the man. "Kookie this Yoongi, he's my fiance. He actually has two sons that you will meet later on."

Two sons? And that's his fiance? So maybe he wasn't busy, maybe he just didn't want me. He had the other two, why is he here now?

"Did you replace me?" I ask, glaring at the other man.

"No baby I would never, you'll be my favorite boy okay?" He reassures bringing a smile to my face. Its been awhile since I've heard that.

"I remember when you would say that to me," I giggle, remembering the old times.

"I'm glad you do," he replies poking my nose.

The man clears his throat before getting inside the car. "Should we get going on?" He interrupts.

My dad quickly opens the door for me and I get inside. "Sure I can't wait to show you your new room!" He says excitedly before closing the door.

We talked for a bit, just about the usual boring stuff. Dad seemed excited to know more about but Yoongi he seemed more annoyed than anything. I made eye contact through the mirror with him a couple of times and he would just roll his eyes at me. "Awkward with kids" maybe he just doesn't like me and my dad is too blind to see it.

Once we got to the house I quickly got out of the car and ran to the door, not because I was excited, I just wanted to get away from Yoongi. But no, of course, he wanted to assist me on the house tour as well, but only for a bit.

My dad took me to go see my room and it was finally just the two of us. It's filled with a bunch of things I like and the effort he put into it just made me cry alone. I turned around to face him and the tears were already falling.

"Do you like it?" he asked and I ran over hugging him in response.

"Thank you so much!" I mumbled excitedly into his chest. "I love it! I love you, I can't believe I'm here, I can't believe you're real."

"You didn't think I was real?" He asks laughing awkwardly.

"People were saying you're dead because you had been gone for so long. I never believed them, I knew you would be back one day and here you are," I confess hugging him once again.

He hugs me back and I feel him press a kiss on my head before pulling away. "What do you want for dinner?" He asks.

"Whatever you make will be perfect to me," I mumble and he smiles in response before walking out the door leaving me in my room alone.

I take one last look around my room, staring at all the posters, and opening the drawers and closet door. He even bought new clothes for me, wow.

I leave the bedroom and walk around the hallways looking at the pictures on the walls. Most of them were of him and Yoongi and some other kids, who I assume are Yoongi's. I make it to the staircase and stop to stare at one picture, it's of him and me, it seems so long ago, but I remember when we took it.

I smile at the photo before walking down the stairs, I stop and turn once I hear someone talking. "I'm just saying, I don't think he likes me," someone says, but I can already tell it's Yoongi.

"You just have to give him some time, he'll get used to you," dad tries to reassure, I stifle out a laugh.

If I was him I wouldn't be so sure of that. Its just supposed to be my dad and I after all.