Chapter 30

Need Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*on GFriend Group Chat

Umji :

[Unnies, you gotta see these.."

[News link]

[News link]

[News link]

.... many more

 

Eunha :

[Was that photo real?!]

[Sojung Unnie kissed him?!]

[She's crazy!!!!]

 

Yuju :

[OMG!!!]

 

*end of chat

 

 

SinB quickly click on one of those news link that Umji shared..

 

"Former Girl Group Leader who has been disappeared for years, caught on scandal with one of respectful TV Show PD-Nim at Jeju"

 

They are very shocked to see those news articles, complete with photos proof, the same photos that Yerin saw from Detective Kang yesterday.

 

"Oh my God.. Unnie, these are aweful~..." Yerin said while shows that news article to Sojung.

Sojung burst to cry after she checked on that news.

 

 

"Former Girl Group Leader? What's that mean? You? Sojung? You were Girl Group Leader? Kinda Girl Group idol? You were an idol? Idol who sing and dance on TV?" Hyeokjae can't stop questioning.

Sojung drown her face on her palm, sobbing so hard. While Yerin and SinB are not sure on how they supposed to respond on those questions.

 

 

"Eomma..."

Suddenly Joonwoo's sleepy voice breaking the awkwardness in that living room.

Sojung quickly wipe her tears, then turn to show her smile her son, "Yes, Son? Good morning. Did you had sweet dream? Because I saw you grinning while you slept." She is pretending that everything is fine.

"Yeah. I had nice dream. I can dance like SinB Imo dance. It was so cool." Joonwoo tell.

Sojung chuckle to heard that, "I believe you gotta be able to do that if you start practising."

"Yeah. I'm gonna practise." Joonwoo said, "Hyeokjae Ahjussi, why you are here at such an early morning?"

Hyeokjae taken aback by that unexpected question, "Uhmm.. I-... I'm.. I come to talk to your imo."

"Talk to my Imo?" That little boy frowning, confuse.

"Yeah. She texted me last night." Hyeokjae said, then glance to Yerin.

Fortunately Yerin is quickly understand, she nod, "Yeah. I texted him last night."

"Oh... okay." Then Joonwoo turn about to go, "I better wash up now, before I too late to school."

"Uhmm.. maybe you should skip your school today, Son." Sojung said.

Joonwoo quickly turn to face his Eomma, "Huh? Why?"

"Uhmm... so you can start your dance practise with SinB Imo.. or you can play with Yerin Imo, before they go back to Seoul." Sojung give an excuse.

"Imos, you gonna back to Seoul soon?" There's sadness on Joonwoo's voice.

 

Yerin and SinB are look at each other, trying to telepathically discuss on how they supposed to answer that question.

Yerin clear , "No. We are not gonna go back to Seoul that soon." She said that to Joonwoo but also glance to Sojung.

 

 

 

Later...

Yerin, SinB, and Hyeokjae are sitting on the bench at the beach behind Sojung's house. It stil in the morning, so the sun still shine warmly. It's comforting aside from the shocking situation that morning.

 

"So... Oppa. Wow! I'm impressed." Yerin said while raising her eyebrows in funny way also wide ear to ear grin.

Hyeokjae nervously clear his throat, "What do you mean?"

"I know who you are." Yerin said teasingly, this time while blinking her eyes, keep grinning.

"Who am I you talking about?" Hyeokjae trying to act fool.

"You are not ordinary supplier guy." SinB join to tease, she acting mysterious.

"What do you mean by that?" Hyeokjae gulped hardly.

"You... are... the... owner." SinB finally said in whisper, word by word.

Hyeokjae cough. Yerin and SinB laugh.

 

"Did.. did she know it too?" Hyeokjae stutterly ask.

"Who? Sojung Unnie?"

Hyeokjae nod.

"No. She doesn't know yet."

Hyeokjae gladly sigh.

 

"So it real?" SinB assuring.

Hyeokjae weakly nod.

"Yeay!" Yerin and SinB doing high-five.

 

"How did you found out? When?" He ask.

"Last night. I hired a detective to found out." Yerin boasting.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"On purpose just to found out about me?"

"No. For other things too."

"Is it usual for Seoul people to hire a detcective?"

Yerin laugh, "No. Of course not. This just because the situation getting worse." Yerin's laugh faded and gone at the end of her sentence.

 

"Why you kept this as a secret?" SinB questioning.

"I just... want people behave... normal to me." Hyeokjae said.

Yerin and SinB nod, "We understand. We are exactly know how you feel."

Hyeokjae nod, "It's good that you easily understand this."

 

"But, I wonder... do you do that for everybody or... just to Sojung Unnie?"

Hyeokjae a bit taken aback by that unepected question. "Of course... for everybody."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Cuz I can ask my detective to find about that matter too." Yerin teasing.

Hyeokjae chocked.

 

Geez... these girls are freaking me out.

Hyeokjae thought.

 

"You like our Unnie, right?" SinB bluntly ask.

Hyeokjae almost chocked by that question. But he held back. Trying his best to put on pocker face, pretending to stay cool, when actually his heart is beating crazily, very nervous.

 

"Why should I don't like her?" He successfully said those words in calm way.

SinB shrug her shoulder, chilling out, "True. Sojung Unnie is lovely person. I even refuse to believe if there're people who able to hate her after know her in person. Except... particular circumstances there must be something 'wrong' with those people."

Hyeokjae glad to hear that respond, hope that those girls will stop 'attack' him. But not too long, until Yerin repeat SinB's sentence..

 

"So you like her."

 

"Geez.. are you two trying to brainwashed me? You keep ask me that question." Hyeokjae upsetly protest.

"I'm not asked you that question." Yerin unchalantly said.

"You did!" Hyeokjae insist.

"SinB did. Not me. I said it as a statement. Since you didn't deny SinB's question." Yerin grinning.

Hyeokjae once again taken aback. Feels trapped. He low his face, while hidden inside his pocket jacket, he clenching his fingers into a fist, trying surpressed his insecurity.

Yerin and SinB glance to each other with smirks that plastered on their faces.

 

"Why don't you just admit it, Oppa. We might willing to help you to work on that." Yerin persuading.

Hyeokjae quickly lift up his face to look at Yerin, failed to held back his surprised face, "Really? You'll help me?"

SinB scoffed and giggling. "So you did like Sojung Unnie."

Hyeokjae once again feels trapped by those cunning young girls. Hyeokjae sigh, feels defeated.

 

"If you actually like her, so why you kept on squabble with her?" Yerin asks.

Hyeokjae weakly shook his head, "I don't know.. it just happened. I never intended to argued with her, though. I even never have enough guts to start any conversation with her. But if squabble is the only way so I can talk with her, then so be it."

By heard that, Yerin and SinB feels pity to that man.

 

"Maybe you thinking too hard. You don't have to talk about meaningful things. Just talk about petty things. The wheater, foods, the way she look, Joonwoo, your favourite food, ask about her favourite food, anything... it's not that hard." Yerin suggesting.

"It's easy for you to say that. But it's hard for me to say it. It's hard because I even can't think properly whenever I near her. I just went blank." Hyeokjae confess.

"Ouwh~.. you are really like her, don't you?" Yerin said it in sorrowful.

 

"You are a man. Be manly!" SinB scolding.

"Manly is nothing to do with stuffs like this." Hyeokjae argue, "I'm nothing to her. Being manly can't afford her."

 

 

Suddenly...

Sojung coming, "Hi guys, it's getting hotter, the sun is shining brighly. By the way... I made breakfast. C'mon let's get inside to have it together."

Yerin, SinB, and Hyeokjae automatically stop their chat, afraid if Sojung find out what they talked about and offended that talking her lifes behind her back.

Yerin is the first among the three of them who grab back her sanity, then get up, "C'mon let's eat!"

"Yeah, I'm hungry." SinB get up also.

"Uhmm.. I better go now." Hyeokjae said.

"Owh~.. why?" SinB protest.

"Yeah, why? We haven't finished our bussiness." Yerin whine also.

Hyeokjae timidly stealing a glance to Sojung, but just for per second, then quickly shift to other direction.

 

"Come, join us." Sojung unexpectedly offer.

"Nah.. you don't have to pretend to be nice to me. I'll better go. I don't want being a disturbance." Then he turn to look at Yerin, "You can call me later, if you still need to talk."

"I'm not pretending. I really mean to offering you to join our breakfast.

Hyeokjae taken aback.

"I cook a lot. And these girls shouldn't eat too much. We need your help to finished it so there's no left over." Sojung making excuse.

Yerin and SinB secreatly nudge each other. SinB quickly understand, then twine Hyeokjae's arm, "Oh c'mon! Don't be shy. Just do what she asked you. Join us! So we can start to eat. I'm hungry." Then she pull along Hyeojae to the main house.

 

 

 

Later, after breakfast...

Sojung is on the shop, serving her customers. SinB is playing with Joowoo on the beach. While Yerin is having a serious conversation with Hyeokjae, at the bench where they talked this morning. Yerin is telling Hyeokjae about 'Sojung's history', about been an idol, about gFriend and been their former Leader group, about the Jerk Kyunsang PD, and of course about Joonwoo. That man is very surprised.

 

"I have no idea how complicated she had been through." Hyeokjae said in concern. Then he look at Yerin, "How's your group dealing with these?"

Yerin deeply sigh, "It's hard. But we managed to moved on. Also never give up to found her. We are so glad we finally found Sojung Unnie here."

"But.. were you really sure that her live being here found out by Kyunsang and those news media not because any of you?"

Yerin frowning.

"Ah.. don't be offended, I'm just curious. You see... she's being found out just currently right after you found her. Isn't that very coincident? Wasn't that weird?"

"Our members group won't ever harmed Sojung Unnie. We love her!" Yerin firmly said.

"Of course you are. I won't doubt that."

"So how could you suspecting us?!"

 

"Uhm.. you said you hire a detective?"

Yerin nod.

"How you get him?"

Then Yerin tell about how Yuju earpicked that Kyunsang hiring a detective.

 

"Oh... then were you already investigated that Detective and his job progress?"

"Yeah. I did."

"How was it?"

"I asked all his report to Kyunsang."

"He gave it to you?"

"Yeah. I paid for that." Yerin said cynically.

 

"You did. But doesn't he should be has sort of ethic code or something like that on his job? To not leak secrets between clients.."

"Who cares! The important thing is he got paid, I got those reports, and Kyunsang doesn't has to know. Everybody happy."

Hyeokjae shrugging his shoulder, "True..."

 

"You read it?" He asks.

"Of course."

"All of it?"

"Uhm.. Yeah. Sort of..."

"Uhmm.. can I take a look too?"

Yerin frowning, "Hey, if you want to get to know about Sojung Unnie, you should talk and asks her by yourself. It's not manly way by read those report." Yerin grinning, mocking.

It makes Hyeokjae turn to red, embarassed and offended at the same time, "I mean to find out how Kyunsang found her.. was there really had to do with your group? That is what I'm trying to know."

Yerin laugh at him, "Seriously.. don't you have better excuse?'

Hyeokjae sigh, "I'm being serious here. Really."

Yerin keep laughing.

 

"Stop laughing at me! Just say it that you won't let me see those reports. Fine! Just find it by yourself then." Hyeokjae protest.

"Hahaha! Are you offended?"

"Yes, I am. You mocking me. And you look having fun doing that."

"Hahaha! Sorry. But you just so... cunning, Oppa."

"Me? Cunning?!"

Yerin nod while still laughing.

 

"It's enough! I'm not doing this. This won't work. I'm not helping. I have nothing to do with this. Just do it yourself!" Then Hyeokjae upsetly get up and about to go away. But Yerin quickly grab his wrist, stop him.

"Wait up! Okay.. okay.. I'll stop laughing. Sorry. Don't go yet."

Hyeokjae grumbling upsetly.

"Sit down, Oppa. We still need to talk." Yerin said while trying her best to stop laughing.

"You just want to mock me."

"No.. No. I'm done on that. Sorry. Really. Have a seat." Yerin finally stop laughing aware that Hyeokje is really upset.

Hyeokjae not moving. Either going or sitting. Yerin can clearly look the major irritate on his face.

"Please..." Yerin said more softly. Wooing.

 

Hyeokjae upsetly snorting, but he then taking a seat right back next to Yerin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter