Chapter 17

Need Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Joonwoo-yah!"

 

The 4 girls inside the car quickly trying to find the person that Yuju called. They all shift to front, elongated their neck, while their eyes scanning outside view. It's wide and long shoreline. But then they found it. Far away, there's a little boy who sitting alone on the beach. He turn her face to look at Yuju's direction. There's wide smile forming on his face. He get up, waving his hands excitedly. Then without hesitation he shout to call.

 

"Imooo!!"

 

Then he run to their direction. Yuju suddenly decided to also run to him. They meet on the middle. Yuju scoop him up and swing him few rounds. That boy and Yuju giggling, seems very happy. The 4 girls inside the car can't hold their smile at that heartwarming scene. They decide to come out to join.

 

"Imo, you're back. I thought I won't ever see you again." Joonwoo said while his hands cupped Yuju's face.

"Eventhough your Eomma might scold me again, but I have to see you again, Joonwoo-yah." Yuju said assuring.

Joonwoo circling his arms on Yuju's neck then hug her.

 

Yerin awkwardly clearing , "Will you gonna keep being ignorance and won't introduce us, Yuna-yah?" She acting cool.

"Ah... sorry. My bad." Yuju then look to Joonwoo, "Joonwoo-yah, they are yo-..."

Yuju's sentence interrupted by Joonwoo's excitement, "Are they my imos too?!"

Yuju chuckle, "Yeah. They are."

 

Joonwoo automatically squeals and reach out his arms to them, "Imos!!" excitedly call them as if they already know each other for long, the girls become 'infected' by his excitement, they quickly come closer to hug him. They getting along very well in no time.

 

"What are you doing here alone, Joonwoo-yah?" Umji ask while taking that boy from Yuju's embrace to herself.

"Uhmmm..." Joonwoo look hesitate.

"The sun is almost set. It gonna be dark shortly. Don't you should be at home at time like this?" SinB ask.

"Uhmmm... yes. I should be..." Joonwoo mumbling.

"Joonwoo-yah.... is there something that you want to tell us?" Yerin ask, as she suddenly sense 'something not right'.

"Uhmmm...." Joonwoo keep mumbling and humming.

"Joonwoo?" Eunha let her voice hanging in gentle questioning tone but also insist at the same time.

 

"Uhmmm...  I just want to show it to Eomma, that I'm terribly upset to her." Joonwoo mumbling again, deliberately avoiding to look at his imos eyes.

 

"What do you mean?" Yuju asking, a bit rise her tone.

 

"Uhmm.. I'm runaway from home..." Joonwoo tell in whisper.

 

"YOU WHAT???!!!" those 5 girls shriek at the same time.

 

"Since when?" Eunha ask.

"Since yesterday..." Joonwoo tell.

"Oh my God! Sowon Unnie must be already lost her mind right now..." SinB predicted.

"Yah, why did you do that?!" Yerin furiously ask.

"Because Eomma scold Yuju Imo and refused to give her cellphone number to Yuju Imo. She planning to not keep in touch with Immos ever again. Eventhough I already told her that I'm happy to have lots of family who come to visit me, but she still did that. It upset me." Joonwoo honestly said.

"Why you want to have family that come to visit you?" Eunha ask.

"It means Eomma and me are not alone. We have another family." Joonwoo said, it makes the girls taken aback.

"Are you feeling lonely?" Yuju ask.

"Uhmm... actually no. We're fine. Halmoni and imo used to come from Seoul to visit us at least twice in a year. Just..." Joonwoo seems hesitate.

"'Just' what?" Umji chasing.

"Just... I wish Eomma doesn't have to struggling by herself. She refused when I suggest to move to Seoul so we can live with Halmoni and Imo's family, and imos too... we don't have relatives here at Jeju." Joonwoo said.

"But she has you, Joonwoo-yah. You should help your Eomma and be her companion, so she doesn't struggling by herself." Eunha said.

"Yes, of course. But there're lot of things that I can't do for Eomma. She need more help. She need to let people to help her." Joonwoo said while even more low her face, there's a tears welling in his eyes.

"Aww~... you worry about your Eomma. You loves her, don't you Joonwoo-yah?" Yuju ask.

Joonwoo nod, as his tears start to streaming.

"Oh.. Joonwoo-yah~..." Umji can't hold herself anymore to hug that little boy. Yerin, Eunha, Yuju, and SinB feeling that as if there's a lump in their throat. Feels sorry for their nephew and his Eomma. Yerin also tears up.

 

Yerin turn around to wipe her tears, then clearing , trying to be strong, "You must back home now!" She firmly orders him.

"Tell us the way to your home! Your Yuju Imo is really bad on direction. She forget the way to your house. We'll go with you to see your Eomma." Eunha ask.

"Eung. Okay, Imo!" Joonwoo being obedient.

 

So they get back to the car. Joonwoo is sitting on Yuju's lap on passenger seat next to the driver seat. Umji will continue to drive.

 

 

*******

 

A day before...

The sun just set about 15 minutes ago. The sky is stil showing it beautiful purple, and gradually getting darker. Sowon can't hold herself to keep glancing to the yard and the road in front of her shop. Expecting her little boy.

 

I shouldn't spoiled him too much. How can he doesn't come back yet at this hour. I must scold him harder later and grounded him.

Sojung thinking. Upset.

 

But about an hour later, when the sky completely dark and the moon already showing, there still no glimpse of Joonwoo. Sojung start to worry.

 

Huft~...

Where is he? He definitely should be at home at this hour... or maybe... something happened to him?

 

Sojung decide to make phone calls to her neighbours, parents of Joonwoo's friends, his school, his teachers, everybody in town that she know, but everbodies said they don't know, they don't see him, that today at school was fine, there's nothing weird with Joonwoo that day.

After got nothing from her phone called, Sojung decide to look for him outside. She drive her car to every places that comes to her mind, but she can't find him. Sojung start to panic.

Sojung has a thought that if Joonwoo might thought to go to the hotel where she drove Yuju yesterday. She go there to ask to the hotel receptionist, but they said they didn't see him. Sojung even try to go the event venue where GFriend perform, she looking for him all over that huge place and can't find him.

It almost midnight when Sojung finally back at her home. Wishing to find him at home, but still there's no Joonwoo at home.

 

Sojung burst to cry, wailing, then fall asleep on the living room while holding Joonwoo's pajamas.

 

On the morning, Sojung wake up then panic as soon as she remember about Joonwoo. And even more panic when she still not find him anywhere at their house. She go to looking for him again that whole day. She looking to everywhere panickely. She report about it to the police station. The neighbours are pity at her, so they try to help her, but after hours they still can't find Joowoo.

 

The sun almost set, and Sojung still can't find her son. She's desperate. Nobody can soothe her. She strengthlessly sitting on her terrace, on the front of her shop that close that whole day. She lost her mind, it blank. She overly used it these 2 days. She exhausted and her stomach is empty, she didn't eat anything since yesterday, she even barely drink. She lost her appetite and her sense, she should be hungry and thirsty but she can't feel it. All she think is that she must find her son as soon as possible. But now she even can't move for just a bit.

 

A truck stop in the front o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter