Sensitive Chaeyoung Pt. 1

Mood Pill

Chapter 10: Sensitive Chaeyoung

Jennie snuggled to Chaeyoung and sighed contentedly, this is probably one of the most comfortable sleeping that she had throughout her life. Well all of her comfortable sleeping always involved the girl she's cuddling with. She looked at the sleeping Chaeyoung with a small smile, memorizing her features and falling in each one of them

‘’Why are you so perfect hubby…’’ Jennie whispered, softly touching her cheek. She seriously hoped that Jisoo and Lisa would cook more but she knows that impossible since they are probably cursing her right now for taking advantage of the situation to cuddle with the girl they all like. Being away from them felt really lonely when she had a shooting for the Chanel, but if it resulted in a cuddling night with Chaeyoung, she would take it everyday if it meant to go home with her hubby right beside her

‘’God I’m so whipped…’’ Jennie sighed, only Chaeyoung can make her like this…She kept her cheek, savoring this moment ‘’Hmm…I wonder when will her mood change?’’ She remembered that a lazy Chaeyoung is kind of…irritatingly cute? But really it is really irritating when Chaeyoung is lazy, as much as she likes this cuddling session because of that mood, she wants Chaeyoung to be back to her old self now.

 ‘’Maybe back to her clingy self?’’ Jennie hoped, though she is going to make sure she is going to hog Chaeyoung all to herself when they’re in the dorm. Rumors might spread if she gets too clingy and YG is going to toast them for that so they got to be careful.

‘’Jennie…’’ Chaeyoung whispered, her sleepy and husky voice rang through Jennie’s ears like they’re music.

Jennie smiled softly ‘’Good morning Chaeng’’

Chaeyoung smiled back ‘’Good morning’’

Jennie giggled at her cuteness and couldn’t help herself, she hugged Chaeyoung close to her chest and breathed her hair, which smells so like her ‘’I don’t want to go outside right now. I hope we just stay like this forever’’ Jennie’s voice was muffled by Chaeyoung’s hair making the said girl tilt her head in confusion ‘’What was it unnie?’’

Jennie shook her head ‘’Nothing…’’ She sighed contentedly and closed her eyes ‘’Let’s just stay like this for a while.’’

Chaeyoung slowly nodded, her mind still sleepy so she decided to close her eyes and just continue sleeping…besides, being covered in Jennie’s warmth is quite comforting and relaxing….Like she can protect Chaeyoung from all of life’s problems.

‘’I like that…’’ Chaeyoung thought and immediately fell back to sleep along with Jennie

They fell asleep for a bit but a certain someone slowly opened the door to peek and do her job which is waking up the other members.

‘’This is so unfair…’’ Lisa grumbled, seeing the two cuddled up again ‘’Why does Chaeyoung always allow Jennie to cuddle with her? Why is it always her? Why isn’t she like that to us….to me?’’ Jealousy clouded Lisa’s thoughts and shouted with all her might

‘’Wake up!!!!!’’

 She added in by jumping at the bed up and down making Chaeyoung’s bed squeak and effectively waking up the two cuddling girls.

‘’What the hell Lalisa’’ Jennie glared at the jumping maknae ‘’Do you really need to jump like that?!’’

Lisa glared back ‘’You two are so lost in your own world that I just have to do that to wake you guys up to reality.’’

Chaeyoung opened her eyes, also woken up by the aggressive move of the maknae ‘’Why did you do that for?’’ She yawned,not noticing the glaring of the two girls.

‘’We’re having a really good sleep and of course you have to ruin that’’ Jennie rolled her eyes and tightened her hold to Chaeyoung

‘’Let go of her!’’ Lisa fumed but Jennie just smirked and stuck out her tongue. Lisa swore she felt smokes coming out of her ears and switched her glare to Chaeyoung ‘’And you!’’

Chaeyoung was taken aback ‘’Me?’’

‘’Why are you letting her cuddle with you!’’ Lisa scoffed ‘’You’re always so accepting to Jennie-unnie but you are so unfair to me! Why can’t you let me cuddle with you! Why is it always Jennie! Is it because she’s your wifey?’’

Chaeyoung looked hurt ‘’H-huh? B-but I’’ She was cut off by another voice joining them in the room

‘’Aish so early in the morning and all of you are already shouting’’ Jisoo entered the room with a small yawn ‘’What’s with all the commotion about?’’ Then her gaze hardened seeing Lisa glaring at the two still cuddling girls, Jennie still have no intent on letting Chaeyoung go.

‘’Oh I see’’ Jisoo chuckled ‘’Aish pasta why are you so unfair to us?’’ She joked hearing Lisa said that. Lisa rolled her eyes ‘’Shut it unnie…’’

Jennie was about to laugh at them then she felt moisture on her shoulder ‘’Chaeng?’’ Chaeyoung let out a sob making them panic. Jennie let Chaeyoung go to see her face and she was indeed crying ‘’C-Chaeng! Why are you crying?’’ She started to pat her back to ease her crying

‘’I-I’m sorry I didn’t mean to’’ Chaeyoung started to apologize and tears coming out of her eyes. 

‘’C-Chaeyoungie it was just a joke’’ Jisoo panicked and went to her side to comfort her ‘’I didn’t mean it seriously’’

Chaeyoung sniffed ‘’Am…Am I really unfair to you guys?’’ She said in a soft voice. Lisa felt guilty, she doesn’t know whether she comfort her chipmunk since she was the one who made her cry in the first place

Jennie was quick to answer ‘’No no wifey’’ She whispered soothingly ‘’ You are not unfair to us’’ Jennie gave Lisa a quick glance ‘’Someone is just jealous that we’re much closer than the others.’’

Lisa clenched her fist and Jisoo bit her tongue to stop a comeback since Chaeyoung is still crying. ‘’There there Chaeyoung-ah’’ Jisoo said ‘’Let’s eat breakfast? Maybe food will cheer you up’’ She gave her silly grin to Chaeyoung

Chaeyoung slightly laugh and nodded, wiping away her tears ‘’I…yeah l guess let’s eat…I am getting a bit hungry.’’

Chaeyoung stood up to go outside her room since it is getting a bit suffocated there. Lisa tried to stop her to apologize ‘’Wait chipmunk’’ She took hold of her arm ‘’I uh….’’

Chaeyoung froze a bit but still walked away, giving Lisa the cold shoulder ‘’I’m still hurt because of what she said about me and being so mean so early in the morning…’’  Sure Lisa always but this time she thinks she took it too far and managed to hurt her feelings.

‘’Ooooohhh, shot down’’ Jisoo chuckled returning what Lisa said to her the other day

Lisa rolled her eyes to hide her panic ‘’Shut up’’ She sulked

Jennie shook her head ‘’Well I’m going to cook breakfast, you two better behave’’

‘’What are you our mom?’’ Jisoo snickered

‘’Maybe? I am Chaeyoung’s wifey after all’ Jennie winked before walking out

‘’Yah!’’ Jisoo yelled and fumed before going outside as well to nag Jennie. Lisa sighed and followed her unnies, she’s not very good with apologies…’’How can I make chipmunk forgive me? I miss her company already…’’


‘’Chipmunk?’’ Lisa called out to her when breakfast was served but Chaeyoung just started eating without looking at her

‘’Chaeyoung-ah’’ Lisa drawled out and started to pout and still Chaeyoung continued ignoring her. Jennie and Jisoo snickered so Lisa glared at them and grumbled as she also started eating while stealing glances to Chaeyoung. Jisoo touched Chaeyoung’s shoulder to get her attention but was surprised when Chaeyoung flinched and quickly looked at her with a surprise look

‘’Chaeng you alright?’’ Jisoo asked ‘’You look kind of tense’’

Chaeyoung blinked and didn’t realize her whole body was tense and took a deep breath to relax her body ‘’Yeah…I-uh, I’m fine unnie. Thank you for the concern though’’ She gave a soft smile and continued eating. Jisoo looked at her side profile and couldn’t help but think ‘’How is she so gorgeous even when she’s eating’’

She was surprise when Chaeyoung looked at her with wide eyes and a blush taking over her face, like she heard her thoughts. Jisoo glanced at Jennie and Lisa and their face is a mixture of surprise and amusement.

‘’I…’’ Jisoo blushed ‘’I said it out loud didn’t I?’’

Jennie tried to hide her laughter ‘’Embarrassingly, yes you did’’

Jisoo was about to hide her red face in shame until Chaeyoung giggled and gave a bright smile to Jisoo ‘’Do you mean that?’’ Chaeyoung said, her eyes twinkling with warmth

Jisoo started to wave her hand with denial, her heart exploding with warmth ‘’N-no I uh didn’t really uhmm I just thought that’’

‘’You don’t think I’m beautiful?’’ Chaeyoung’s expression changed into a hurt one so quickly like she didn’t give a smile to Jisoo. Chaeyoung’s sad voice striking guilt to Jisoo

‘’No! You are beautiful’’ Jisoo answered her with haste. Chaeyoung couldn’t believe her and just sulk as she finished her food and washed her own plate quickly with the three girls looking at her in bewilderment.

‘’She’s not lazy anymore…?’’ Jennie whispered and three thought the same thing ‘’She changed her mood again….’’

‘’I think I’m going back to my room now…’’ Chaeyoung said like she’s been rejected

‘’Chaeyoung-ah wait!’’ Jisoo called out to her but Chaeyoung was already in her room. The three girls were quiet and Jisoo sighed, realizing what mood Chaeyoung is in right now

‘’Chaeyoungie is in a sensitive mood’’ Jisoo shared ‘’Most likely because she cried when me and Lisa called her unfair and took it seriously and what happened just now….’’ She sighed ‘’This is going to be hard.’’

Jennie hummed ‘’Good thing I haven’t said anything mean to her’’

‘’You never say anything mean to her’’ Jisoo stated and Lisa nodded ‘’Yeah, you’re too soft to chipmunk.’’

Jennie blushed and cleared ‘’Well, at least I’m not the one receiving the cold shoulder now’’ She grinned ‘’Looks like going away for a few days is a blessing in disguise’’ 

Angered by that, Lisa stood up and quickly went to Chaeyoung’s door with a determined stride, leaving her half-finished food and the surprised unnies. Lisa never leaves food unfinished

‘’Chipmunk? Can I come in?’’ Lisa said with a soft voice and she heard a sob that made her heart break. She hated crying Chaeyoung so much because it always makes her cry seeing that usually cheerful face crying and sad.

Lisa decided to just enter and there she saw Chaeyoung on her knees and shaking slightly. Lisa threw a look at her unnies ‘’I’ll handle this’’ She grinned and before the unnies could protest, Lisa closed the door. She better comfort Chaeyoung before the two could finish eating.

‘’Chaeyoung-ah…’’ Lisa said and sat beside her. She heard her sniff and thought ‘’Maybe she would listen to me now?’’

‘’Chipmunk…’’ Lisa started to place her hands at Chaeyoung’s cheek to lift her head up and meet her eyes to show her sincerity ‘’Don’t mind what Jisoo-unnie said’’

Chaeyoung looked down again and mumbled ‘’But…she’s denying it and tried to take it back…’’

Lisa scoffed and giggled ‘’Chaeyoung-ah’’ Her eyes full of adoration at the older girl ‘’You are Park Chaeyoung of Blackpink! Our main vocalist and lead dancer! You are absolutely beautiful!’’ She exclaimed and pinched Chaeyoung’s cheek making the said girl huff ‘’These adorable cheeks’’ Then Lisa’s hand moved to Chaeyoung’s eyes ‘’These shapely eyes that are always full of emotions’’ Chaeyoung blushed at that then Lisa’s moved to her nose ‘’This cute nose’’ Chaeyoung giggled but yelp when Lisa pinched it.

Lisa giggled at that and started to brush her fingers to Chaeyoung’s lips ‘’This perfect…kissable lips’’ Lisa muttered and just like that, the atmosphere changed

Chaeyoung chuckled nervously, her blush getting even hotter ‘’Perfect? That’s too much Lisa…’’ Chaeyoung said, her eyes full of adoration; Lisa moved her hand away so quick like Chaeyoung’s lips were fire ‘’I-I only said what I thought!’’ 

Chaeyoung laughed, her tears now dried and her mood cheered up thanks to Lisa ‘’Thank you for saying that to me Lisa’’ Chaeyoung’s eyes displaying gratefulness ‘’It means a lot to me and…I’m sorry for giving you the cold shoulder earlier.’’

Lisa shook her head and held her cheeks again‘’I’m really sorry about earlier this morning…I…’’ Lisa hesitated a bit but seeing Chaeyoung’s puffy eyes made her continue ‘’I’m…just really jealous that you always cuddle with Jennie-unnie…’’

Chaeyoung looks surprise at Lisa’s confession ‘’J-Jealous?’’ She repeated ‘’But why?’’

Lisa blushed a bit and looked away nervously ‘’I…’’ Lisa bit her lip and looked at Chaeyoung’s face so close to her. Since when did they got closer? ‘’Should I tell her I like her?’’

Due to Lisa’s thinking, she didn’t notice Chaeyoung leaning in closer, an unknown emotion in her eyes ‘’You what?’’ Chaeyoung’s sudden husky voice snapped Lisa out of her trance.

Lisa flicker her eyes to Chaeyoung’s lips and gulped, they are so close right now ‘’I…’’

Chaeyoung’s door suddenly slammed open and their entered Jennie and Jisoo both look alarmed at the sight in front of them

‘’Yah!’’

Lisa felt herself got yanked out of Chaeyoung’s room ‘’Hey! That hurts you know!’’

Jennie and Jisoo dropped Lisa and gave her a glare ‘’What the heck did we just walk in?’’ Jennie said crossing her arms in discontentment

Lisa felt herself turn pink finally processing her moment with Chaeyoung earlier ‘’I uh…I just cheered her up and apologize about earlier’’

‘’Since when did apologizing involves you two having your faces close to each other?’’ Jisoo rolled her eyes. Lisa scoffed ‘’You’re just jealous that Chaeyoung-ah wanted to kiss me!’’ That sparked another fight between the three, fighting over Chaeyoung.

Jennie fumed ‘’Why did you even assume that she’s going to kiss you!’’

‘’Well, you guys probably won’t be affected if she wasn’t going to kiss me’’ Lisa’s tone is smug and three continued bickering fighting over Chaeyoung who came out of her room and peeked at them, wondering what they were fighting about

‘’As I’ve said, as the oldest in this dorm, I will take care of Chaeyoungie through all her moods’’

‘’That’s not how it works Jisoo-unnie!’’

‘’And yeah we don’t care if you’re the oldest’’ Jennie’s voice, being a savage once again ‘’I will get to take care of her since she’s my hubby. It’s my right to take care of her’’

‘’Well chipmunk and I have been closer than the two of you since we were trainees! I know her better than the both of you so I should be the one taking care of her’’

‘’You can’t take care of Chaeyoung by yourself Lisa’’

‘’Yes I can!’’

‘’Chaeyoungie will probably be the taking care of you instead, so I’ll take care of her’’

‘’No I will!’’

‘’I will!’’

‘’Yah! I will!’’

Chaeyoung felt herself getting frustrated and confused, why are these three fighting over who’s going to take care of her? She’s a grown woman now! She doesn’t need to be babied. ‘’Is that what they really think of me? Like I can’t take care of myself?’’ Seeing the three fight because of her left a bad taste in . Then it struck her ‘’They’re fighting because of me…’’ Chaeyoung felt her lips quivered, she’s the reason why they are fighting right now? Maybe she should….

‘’Yah! Guys stop fighting!’’

The three fighting girls turned their head to the object of their affection

‘’Hubby!’’ Jennie came up to her with a gummy smile and grabbed her hand ‘’Say to them that I’ll be the one taking care of you’’

Jisoo glared and grabbed Chaeyoung’s other hand and pulled ‘’No I will! Don’t order her around’’ She said childishly

Lisa huffed ‘’No Chaeyoung relates to me the most since we’re the same age so I’ll be the one taking care of her!’’

Chaeyoung felt her head hurting at their fighting and pulled away from their hold while yelling ‘’Stop it!’’

The three stopped shouting to look at her in disbelief, a rare shout from Chaeyoung, a rare angry shout.

‘’Why are you guys so intent on taking care of me?!’’ Chaeyoung glared at them ‘’I’m a fully grown woman! I’m mature and old enough to take care of myself!’’

‘’But Chaeyoung-ah’’ Jisoo however was cut off

‘’It hurts me okay?!’’ Chaeyoung said with teary eyes ‘’It hurts me that you guys are fighting…I hate it’’ Chaeyoung whispered and started to walk back to her room ‘’I hate it when you guys are fighting….especially if I’m the reason’’ She slammed the door shut and the three members heard the lock click

‘’Uh oh…’’ Jennie whispered and the three thought the same thing. Chaeyoung must have thought that she’s at fault why they are fighting and must have felt responsible for it. They only wanted to take care of Chaeyoung but…said girl must have taken it the wrong way.

‘’This is bad.’’


The three members decided to give her some space and sadly Chaeyoung rarely shows her face ever since they started fighting over on who’s going to take care of her. They’ve seen her going out of her room time to time but when one of them approaches her, she will immediately retreat and lock herself to her room again.

‘’Man, sensitive Chaeyoung is hard…’’ Lisa sulked. Jennie agreed and sighed, plopping down to their couch, the three of them waiting Chaeyoung come out.

Jisoo decided to give it try and knocked at Chaeyoung’s room ‘’Chaeyoungie…’’ Jisoo called out her name ‘’Come out please. I…We’re sorry okay? You’re not the reason why we are fighting so please come out…’’ Jisoo hoped that her hopeful voice will make Chaeyoung come out of her room for the past few days but only silence answered her.

Jisoo sighed and returned to the living room ‘’Well, I tried.’’

‘’I missed Chaeyoung-ah’’ Lisa said while throwing a tantrum.

‘’Me too’’ Jennie and Jisoo thought

‘’Yah Nalalisa stop that’’ Jisoo said in an annoyed tone ‘’Your long legs are hitting me’’ Then her stomach growled ‘’And I’m so hungry too…’’

Then Lisa froze, like a sudden idea came through her ‘’That’s it!’’

‘’What is?’’ Jennie asked, her eyebrows raising in curiousity

‘’Food! We should buy chipmunk all of her favorite foods!’’ Lisa exclaimed excitedly ‘’Food is always Chaeyoung’s strength and weakness, we should bring her food and maybe she’ll come out of her room!’’ She said giddily

Thought the two unnies would never admit it, Lisa’s idea will probably work since Chaeyoung do love food even to the point of when they are eating, the girl has her own world.

‘’That…’’ Jennie started

‘’Probably is the only smart idea you’ve said ever since we’ve debut’’ Jisoo continued and Jennie chuckled at that and nodded in agreement

Lisa pouted ‘’Hey! I’ve helped at designing our lightstick!’’

‘’Actually me and Jisoo mostly thought of that but maybe you did help a little’’ Jennie shrugged and stood up before Lisa could come back ‘’Let’s go then’’

They asked permission for their manager who surprisingly once again agreed and informing them the start of their shoot for their MV will be starting soon.

‘’Got it unnie, yeah we will be careful’’ Jennie asked then laughed nervously ‘’Y-Yeah we just want some snacks and to get some fresh air. Yeah we will cover our face. Okay thank you unnie’’

Jisoo and Lisa looked at her with their own black face mask ‘’Do we really have to wear this?’’ Jisoo said irritatingly

‘’Yeah’’ Jennie said and Jisoo sighed defeatedly ‘’This is for you Chaeyoung-ah’’

‘’Let’s go then’’ Lisa shouted loudly, the two unnies wincing at her loud voice

‘’If we’re going out, you should probably stay quiet too’’ Jennie advised and Lisa nodded dutifully while Jisoo shot her a teasing look and Lisa responded with a roll of her eyes

Jennie froze ‘’Wait…’’ She slowly glanced at the two members ‘’I’m all alone with this two…’’ She watched as Lisa slap Jisoo’s arm because Jisoo kept mocking her and Jennie began to pray

‘’God help me restrain my temper and stay sane by the end of this…’’ Jennie just got to bear having no one to talk to when the two children are together. Whatever it takes, they need to make Chaeyoung forgive them, for the sake of Jennie's sanity

The three girls walked out of the dorm, not noticing a pair of eyes peeking at them through her room.

Chaeyoung closed the door of her room and heave a sigh. She may be avoiding them but…she really misses them. Jisoo’s 4D personality, Lisa’s jokes and even Jennie’s savageness….she misses hanging out with them but she can’t help herself…she’s been feeling really sensitive lately and them fighting because of her…it really hurts her that she’s the cause of it. She almost forgot why she was avoiding them ‘’So that they won’t have to fight anymore…’’

Though Chayeoung is getting worried, the past few days the three girls doesn’t seem so lively ever since she locked herself up to her room. She thought that avoiding them will fix the fight of the three but it doesn't seem to work ‘’I’m overthinking again…’’ Chaeyoung sighed and grabbed her phone, holding her phone is getting old now since it’s been her best friend when she locked herself up to her room

She decided to just watch some videos of their performances and scroll through some comments. She saw many compliments regarding their visuals, dancing and singing which made her lips stretch into a smile.

‘’Blinks always cheers me up…’’ It’s been a while since she smiled, it felt rather foreign now. As she was scrolling through the comments, her smile is also dying down as she kept on reading…when there are compliments, there are also criticism and hate comments

‘ I really don’t like Chaeyoung’s voice, it’s so nasally and fake!’

‘Is that their main vocalist? Doesn’t seem like it’

‘Her voice is so fake and annoying!’

‘Chaeyoung seems so out of place’

‘Maybe Chaeyoung should just solo? I mean the three members always seems to leave her behind and she seems clueless most of the time. Don't get me wrong the girl has talent but for me she seems out of place with the other three’

‘Jennie, Lisa and Jisoo could be by themselves’

‘Maybe they’re better off without Chaeyoung? She seems awkward at V lives anyway’

‘I really don’t like Blackpink because of Chaeyoung’s voice’

Chaeyoung turned off her phone, shoulders shaking and her mind in a haywire. ‘’I…’’Her voice cracked, her heart felt like it was breaking, negativity swallowing her whole being. The light in her eyes slowly dwindling down as she remembered those comments; This is one of the downside of being an idol, while you are exposed to fame and popularity, you are also exposed to mean criticism and hate comments. It depends on the person on how will they take them, and unfortunately with Chaeyoung feeling so sensitive right now, those comments really rocked her mind and heart as she clutched her chest feeling the pain verbally

Chaeyoung feels suffocated, like she needs to get out or she’ll go crazy. She needs some fresh air so without a second thought she went out of the dorm…with no permission of her manager, with no mask covering her face and with the other three members not knowing where she is.

If Chaeyoung could have looked up, she would have seen the darkening sky signaling it’s about to rain


Back with another chapter for you guys! God it pains my heart writing those hate comments but well it is needed and I do see hate comments like that about Chaeyoung, which really made me sad that this pure angel received hate mostly because of her unique voice. For me I really love her voice, it always soothes me so let's stop the hate and just love Blackpink! I'm really proud of our girls and am happy that they are successful!

P.S Jennie made my night when I watched Running Man. Like that girl is such a ball of cuteness and goofiness! Let's also support and love Jennie! Blackpink really loves blinks so much and I'm proud to be one. Please watch Running Man and I assure you, you are going to smile and laugh throughout the whole episode. That's all guys thank you so much for supporting my story!