Waking up

Mood Pill

Chapter 3: Waking Up

A groan was heard, waking up the 3 girls from their slumber. Apparently the events from last night seem to take its toll to them and immediately slept after having their meal. Jennie and Jisoo slept on the couch while Lisa held Chaeyoung’s hand as she sat but her head rested on Chaeyoung’s bed while she slept as well.

Lisa felt a small grip on her hand and saw Chaeyoung about to wake up. ‘’Unnie! Chipmunk is waking up!’’

That alerted the unnie line as they stood up and walked closer to Chaeyoung, who was shifting around the bed ‘’Chaeyoung-ah?’’ Jisoo called out ‘’Wake up’’ She said softly while the younger girl’s cheek

Chaeyoung slowly opened her eyes, making the three girls breath in relief ‘’U-unnie?’’ She croaked out, probably dry since she was bed ridden the whole night. Jennie quickly grabbed the cup of water beside the bed ‘’Drink up Chaeng.’’ Jennie smiled softly and gently helped Chaeyoung drink the water.

‘’Thanks Jennie’’ Chaeyoung smiled, her voice getting back to its normal state ‘’Where am I?’’

‘’You’re in the hospital Chaeyoung-ah’’ Jisoo answered while Chaeyoung tiled her head in confusion making the three cooed at the cute sight. They were glad to have their clueless and cute Chaeyoung back ‘’What do you mean unnie? Am I injured or something?’’

The three blinked, seriously Chaeyoung didn’t forget about last night? ‘’You don’t remember?’’ Jennie asked

Chaeyoung hummed ‘’Last thing I remember was performing yesterday and…wait, did I sleep throughout the night?!’’ She freaked out.

Lisa giggled ‘’No you dork!’’ She said playfully. She told Chaeyoung what happened last night and the reaction she got was unexpected.

Chaeyoung laughed and slightly slap Lisa at her arm ‘’Lisa that’s so unrealistic.’’ She said playfully ‘’Next time make the story believable.’’

Lisa protested ‘’But it’s true! You did drink something that old lady gave to you and you were even in pain and passed out so we bought you to the hospital!’’

Chaeyoung chuckled ‘’Unnie, can’t you believe this?’’ She looked at the quiet two girls.

Jennie and Jisoo couldn’t believe it, Chaeyoung seriously didn’t remember what happened? Did that pill has some memory removing as well? This made the unnie line more nervous, what else could happen? Will it change Chaeyoung?

‘’Unnie?’’ Chaeyoung called out to them ‘’Aish, don’t tell me you’re teaming up with Lisa?’’

Lisa pouted and sulked ‘’And here I am holding your hand all night hoping that you’ll wake up soon.’’ Lisa was about to let go of Chaeyoung’s hand but Chaeyoung gripped it even tighter ‘’Now don’t be like that.’’ Chaeyoung teased ‘’I really do appreciate all of you for staying here with me…even though I really don’t know how I end up in a hospital but still.’’ Chaeyoung gave a warm-hearted smile ‘’Thank you.’’

Lisa stared at Chaeyoung’s genuine eyes and felt her heart melt at that smile ‘’Aish why is this chipmink being so cute and loveable.’’ They stayed like that, just smiling and holding the other’s hand, until Jennie cleared ‘’You’re always welcome Chaeng. You know we are always here for you.’’ She smiled, Chaeyoung’s appreciative eyes on hers made her feel relieved that nothing too bad happened to her.

Chaeyoung nodded and saw flowers around the room ‘’Ooooh! Ooooh! Flowers’’ She said happily

Jisoo laughed ‘’Yeah, they’re from blinks. Some even have letters wishing you get well soon.’’  Chaeyoung’s eyes teared up a bit ‘’Blinks are such the best fans ever…’’ Jisoo shook her head ‘’Typical Chaeyoungie…’’ It is obvious that Chaeyoung has the softest heart you will ever find, which is the exact opposite of Jisoo. Well not that she has a hard-stoned heart, just that she has stronger mental strength, which is why sometimes people think she has no empathy at all.

But that’s what made her admire Chaeyoung, she isn’t afraid to let out her feelings and really act upon them. She really cherish those important to her, including them. She swore that no one will hurt this precious angel. She’s just too good for the world, and Jisoo will make sure that she will protect Chaeyoung from harm.

‘’Oh, you’re awake!’’ The doctor came in and saw Chaeyoung looking up to greet him. The doctor smiled and greeted her back.

‘’I will probably check on her to see if she’s well and all, and if she’s well, she can be discharge afterwards.’’ The doctor explained as the three nodded and waited outside

Few hours later, Chaeyoung was finally out of the hospital as the now complete members of Blackpink waited for their manager to pick them up.

‘’Oh! I almost forgot’’ The doctor said and bought out a sketchbook ‘’Can you please sign an autograph for my daughter? She really loves you guys.’’ He said ‘’The three already signed last night and I was hoping you could too.’’

Chaeyoung smiled happily ‘’Of course I would! I love making my fans happy’’ Chaeyoung eagerly signed the sketchbook and wrote a little extra before giving it back to the doctor. ‘’Thank you so much!’’ The doctor smiled, elated that he could make his daughter happy.

‘’No, thank you doctor for taking care of me.’’ Chaeyoung thanked him and bowed. The doctor waved it off and said it was their job as Blackpink’s manager finally arrived and picked up the girls.

‘’Hurry, before the papparazi stops us.’’ Their manager said. One of the cons of being an idol is that you are being monitored by papparazi, probably wanting some juicy details about them. So they bid farewell to the doctor and quickly went to their manager as they followed her towards their van.

They managed to sneak away as the manager drove towards their dorm ‘’I got a call from YG and said the four of you are given a 2 days day off’’ She said and glanced up to her right seeing Chaeyoung in the passenger seat humming at the tune of the radio while the other three were at the back. ‘’Chaeyoung probably scared him to death since she practically fainted from fatigue. Fans might come storming the building if they heard news of YG overworking their workers ‘’ Their manager joked, the members of Blackpink chuckling at her.

Chaeyoung was still a bit confused but decided to leave it at that. She did feel rather fatigue maybe she really fainted due to tiredness. She continued looking out the window while listening to some music, not noticing the three other members whispering at the back.

‘’Weird…’’ Jisoo remarked glancing at Chaeyoung ‘’She seems…normal’’

Jennie nodded ‘’I agree…’’ while Lisa seems confused ‘’Isn’t it good that nothing weird is going on around her?’’ She said.

Jisoo hummed and nodded ‘’You’re right maybe we are overthinking this too much’’ She stretched and yawned ‘’I could use this day off to sleep all day and night. All these thinking makes my brain fried and shutdown.’’ Lisa giggled and made fun of the oldest.

‘’Surprisingly, Lisa has a point…’’ Jennie bit her lip and watched the two bickering once again. ‘’Maybe I shouldn’t ovethink this?’’ Jennie glanced at Chaeyoung who timingly stared behind and locked eyes with Jennie.

Jennie was a bit uncomfortable at the unknown emotion she saw in Chaeyoung’s eyes and suddenly, she smirked but quickly disappeared as soon as Jennie saw it.

Jennie blinked her eyes in disbelief, did Park Chaeyoung, the all smiley and innocent Park Chaeyoung just smirked at her? She rubbed her eyes and looked at Chaeyoung again. ‘’Are you okay unnie?’’ Chaeyoung asked making the two stop bickering to stare at her curiously

‘’Y-yeah I’m fine.’’ Jennie stuttered ‘’Just sleepy.’’ Chaeyoung smiled innocently and nodded ‘’We can sleep all we want now anyway.’’ She remarked ‘’You guys better thank me for that’’

They all laugh except for Jennie ‘’Oh thank you dear God for blessing us Park Chaeyoung in order for us to have 2 day offs.’’ Jisoo joked

‘’Shush it unnie!’’ Chaeyoung laughed

‘’What didn’t you say we should thank you?’’

Jennie looked at the normal scene before her, her mind still not over at her moment with Chaeyoung earlier ‘’Yeah…maybe I was just imagining it.’’ She then looked at the smiling and laughing Chaeyoung ‘’Yeah…probably overthinking it.’’


Hey Guys! So you all would probably see a different side of our dear Park Chaeyoung here next chapter.

If you guys have any suggestions on what mood you want to see just comment it and I might write it down! For now I'm not spoiling the 1st mood that Chaeyoung will show next chapter since ever since watching Blackpink videos, I wanted to see this side of Chaeyoung but rarely happens. You will probably know next chapter so I hoped you like it!