Sad Chaeyoung Pt.1

Mood Pill

After the award shows, everyone has been given a mini vacation to spend some time with their families for the holidays.

 

This includes idols as well

 

“So Limario, where are you going for Christmas this year?’’ Jisoo asked, done packing some essentials to when she goes home to her family for the holidays.

Lisa smiled happily “I’m going home to Thailand to spend time with my family and friends there.’’ Jisoo gave the maknae a happy smile in return, finally seeing the happiness shine in the maknae’s eyes since in their trainee days, Lisa wasn't able to go to her family every time holidays are near.

Now that they’re idols and doesn’t have much restrictions as much as when they’re trainees (and technically they make their company rich), Lisa has been able to go home now and finally spend holidays with her family.

Speaking of family…

Jisoo was walking down the hall of their dorm and then she heard sniffles. She turned her head to the source and knew immediately to her heart who was making that sound

‘’Chaeyoungie?’’

Jisoo opened the door of her love and could only frown thoughtfully seeing the dull atmosphere of Chaeyoung’s room when it's usually so cherry and relaxing; the lights were turned off and the only light she could see is from Chaeyoung’s phone whose owner is clutching it sadly and letting out those sniffles.

‘’Hey,’’ Jisoo whispered comfortingly ‘’What’s wrong?’’

‘’Jichu…’’ Chaeyoung whimpered, her sad eyes looking to Jisoo’s silhouette before looking away from the eldest

‘’It’s nothing…’’

Jisoo sighed and sat next to her “You know you can’t lie to me you know? You always go to me when you’re having problems. I’m the magic curer of your problems!” She said in a chirpier tone to cheer her up

“So tell me what’s wrong before I use my black magic to force it out of you”

Chaeyoung sadly smiled and said “It’s just that…” She sighed before whispering what’s been making her sad right now “I won’t be able to go home for this year’s holiday…”

Jisoo felt her heart clench, she knows how family meant so much to Chaeyoung and judging from her sad tone and how long Chaeyoung has opened up to her; Jisoo knew she’s taking it hard.

“I just miss them so much…but all of them are unfortunately busy this year and won’t be able to come here in Korea…nor will I be able to go there because the flights are all packed and I wasn’t able to tell our CEO ahead of time”

Chaeyoung cried and Jisoo hugged her tightly. Jisoo suddenly had an idea and took the leap of courage to say

“You know…you never been to our house before, right?”

“Well…yeah, but what’s that has got to do with me being lonely this holiday?” Chaeyoung murmured but savored Jisoo’s warmth

“She’s so warm” Chaeyoung closed her eyes and just listened to Jisoo’s heartbeat but to her dismay, Jisoo let go of the hug and smiled cheerfully at her as her eyes twinkled like she discovered a groundbreaking conclusion.

“You’re more than welcome to spend Christmas at my house” Jisoo grinned as if it’s the best idea that she thought of in all of her life…

 

Besides eating chicken for the first time when she was young of course

 

Chaeyoung was flabbergasted “R-really? B-but I don’t want to be a bother” She stuttered before shaking her head and looking away “I’m fine Jichu…you don’t have to do this for me” she said sadly which made Jisoo tilt her head a bit, narrowing her eyes

“There’s something…different about her.”

Months of Chaeyoung being her kind self almost made her forget about the mood pill but Jisoo is unsure if it’s really the mood pill causing Chaeyoung to be this sad since she will mostly be optimistic again when given an opportunity to do so or is Chaeyoung really just that sad.

“Don’t worry Chaeng” Jisoo grabbed her shoulders and looked at intently in the eyes despite the dark room

“I got you, and I won’t let you be sad this Christmas” Jisoo said firmly “I’ll make sure of it”  She smiled sweetly before leaning in to give Chaeyoung a lingering kiss on the forehead.

Chaeyoung felt her face heat up and just nodded, unsure on how Jisoo made her heart beat fast and how will Jisoo inform her family when Christmas is within the week.

‘’I guess…I should tell this to Alice then and let her tell mom and dad’’


Lisa sighed and could only beat herself up mentally

How could she have not told Chaeyoung she should have just gone to Thailand with Lisa herself instead of going to Jisoo’s?

‘’That Jisoo-unnie’’ Lisa grumbled “If I were the one who knew the news first, I would have asked Chaeyoung to come with me…”

‘’Though the flight might have been fully packed but…I would have tried!” Lisa pouted and crossed her arms childishly

“Hey…”

Lisa looked at the source and saw Chaeyoung spying on her, a sad frown on her face

“Hey chipmunk” She grinned and pat the spot next to her “Come sit with me” she said happily

Chaeyoung blinked and cautiously sat next to Lisa in her room

“So, why were you here” Lisa smiled at her, happy that Chaeyoung made the first move to come to her

“I just…saw you sad’’ Chaeyoung answered meekly, fidgeting with her fingers “Why were you sad?”

Lisa tilted her head before a teasing grin played on her lips “Well honestly,” She chuckled and flicked Chaeyoung’s forehead playfully “You look sadder than me, why is that?” She asked

“It’s just that…it makes me really sad to see you sad” Chaeyoung looked down on the ground, tears welling up in her eyes.

Lisa blinked, clearly not expecting to hear the reason on what’s causing Chaeyoung to be this sad “Chae…” She whispered lovingly and could only feel her heart fill with warmth seeing how affected Chaeyoung is seeing her sad…

“You know what could make me happy?” Lisa scooted closer to her, gently grabbing Chaeyoung’s chin and lifting it up so that their eyes could meet.

“What is it?” Chaeyoung whispered, her breath hitting Lisa’s lip who is slowly blushing at their close proximity but didn’t back down.

“Hang out with me before my flight” Lisa smiled happily, her eyes sparkling of having a date with her soulmate

“Your flight is…the day after tomorrow, right?” Chaeyoung tilted her head innocently and Lisa could feel the temptation of crushing her lips to the older girl so she just nodded in affirmation

Chaeyoung finally let out a small smile, now finally finding a way to escape the sadness she’s been feeling lately

“Of course, Lis, I would love to go out with you tomorrow”

Chaeyoung was shocked and her eyes widened when Lisa crashed her lips to her own ones, probably because she’s been unable to suppress her elation at hearing Chaeyoung’s words.

She was unable to take actions when Lisa finally parted their kiss; the passion that Lisa transferred to her sent her shivers that ran down through her spine that she didn’t quietly hear Lisa’s words.

“You don’t know how much you make me happy…”


Chaeyoung is now waiting for Lisa just outside of her room; she was fully dressed with a simple white crop top and denim shorts paired with adidas shoes. A simple black cap complimenting her outgoing look.

A blush creeped down her cheeks remembering how she bolted straight out of Lisa’s room after the maknae kissed her square on the lips and hearing Lisa’s cheerful laugh at her embarrassing reaction.

Chaeyoung touched her lips and blushed as if it’s her first time being kissed, then her eyes narrowed as a split of pain was felt on her head making her hold it with a grimace.

 

“That’s weird…” She mumbled

 

“Hey Chaeyoungie!”

 

Chaeyoung looked at the source and saw Jisoo poking her head out of her room with a happy grin on her face making her smile a bit

 

At least no one is sad today

 

“Hey unnie, what’s wrong?”

 

Jisoo continued grinning like she won a lottery of chicken and said “What’s wrong? More like what’s right!” She cackled at her own joke and Chaeyoung giggled at the eldest, eyes dancing with adoration and amusement.

“Get it? What’s right?” Jisoo snickered and Chaeyoung just gave a small nod but an amused smile is on her face

“So…what’s right?” Chaeyoung said shyly making Jisoo coo at her

“Well, my dear Chaeyoungie chipmunk,” Jisoo walked closer to her and squished her cheeks to give emphasis on what she’s going to say next

“You are humbly welcome to attend the Kim Jisoo and her family lively Christmas event starting tomorrow!”

Chaeyoung cheered up at that and said with a hopeful voice “R-really? They agreed with me suddenly going over to your house?”

Jisoo nodded and can feel a loving smile form to her lips seeing the excitement of the one she loves “Yes my baby chipmunk” Jisoo nuzzled her nose to Chaeyoung’s who was surprised at the show of affection but let it be

“Thank you unnie…” She whispered warmly to the eldest.

“You’re always welcome Chaeyoungie” Jisoo gave Chaeyoung her dazzling smile before finally noticing what she’s wearing

 

‘’Oh, are you going somewhere?”

 

“Yeah, she’s going with me”

 

Both girls turned around and saw Lisa shooting Jisoo a warning stare before switching to a happier one “We’re going to our usual date spot” She grinned

 

“Usual date spot?” Jisoo asked and looked at Chaeyoung for answers who seemed to realize what Lisa was talking about as a smile formed on her face

 

“Yeah…” Chaeyoung whispered before saying in a warm tone

 

“Han River”

 

Jisoo pursued her lips but sighed and nodded, speaking with a small smile “You two should go on then, be careful, okay?” She nodded at Lisa who looked at her suspiciously

Jisoo then returned her eyes to Chaeyoung and smiled, leaning forward and briefly kissing her at the cheek before whispering to her ears

“I can’t wait to spend Christmas with you my Chaengie~”

Chaeyoung blushed a bit and nodded before turning to look at Lisa

“Let’s go?”

Lisa nodded slowly, letting Chaeyoung take her hand and lead her out of the apartment. She took one last glance at Jisoo’s victorious grin before frowning and really taking off.

 

Despite Lisa winning a date to Chaeyoung today…

 

Jisoo won a holiday week with Chaeyoung

 

“Ugh it’s going to be full of Chaesoo to our group chat when that happens…”


“So, are we doing what I think we’re doing?” Chaeyoung asked excitedly as they finally arrived at Han River with the help of their managers.

Lisa nodded and nodded at a certain rental shop “Yup chipmunk! We’re going biking”

Chaeyoung jumped excitedly

“Are we going on twin bikes?” Chaeyoung asked innocently

Lisa melted at how cute Chaeyoung is and squished her cheeks vigorously

“Ack! Why are you so cute chipmunk!?”

“Lisha! Yar hurting my cheeks!” Chaeyoung spoke in a whiny tone as her cheeks were in Lisa’s mercy

“But you’re so cute” Lisa pouted and after a few minutes of gushing over Chaeyoung, Lisa finally let go of Chaeyoung’s red cheeks.

Chaeyoung blew her cheeks and grumbled “Meanie…I swear I’m going to put a restraining order from you for my cheeks to breath”

Another pinch on her cheek made her yelp

“Keep on being cute like that and I can break the law for you” Lisa smirked teasingly and this time, Chaeyoung just shut with a red tint of her cheeks.

“Stupid Lisa…” Chaeyoung pouted in and can just follow Lisa who was holding her hand tightly, before intertwining it making Chaeyoung blush again.

Yes, stupid Lisa indeed


It’s been more than an hour since they started biking around and thankfully, no one noticed them at all because they were wearing caps and masks. The beautiful sceneries of Han River finally calming down Chaeyoung’s emotion because ever since they started the day, she’s been a bit well…

“Hey, why are you tearing up?” Lisa asked in a worried tone

“B-Because” Chaeyoung sniffed before pointing towards a dejected little girl who has her mother consoling her

“The little girl is crying…”

Lisa looked at the girl and can hear the mother saying

“Sweetie, you’re too small to ride an adult bike”

The little girl kept on crying “B-but I want to ride one!”

Lisa sweat dropped

“Chae…There’s nothing we can do, it’s not like we could buy a bike for the younger girl when we don’t even know them or vice versa”

“But it’s my birthday!”

They heard the girl wail again at the same time Chaeyoung finally let out her tears

Lisa comically sighed before walking towards the mother and crying daughter

And that’s how they delayed another hour in finding a bike for the little girl with Lisa buying it and finally making her birthday worth it, plus the mother’s furious bowing and thank you’s.

And another one…

They finally rented a bike after buying a bike for the little girl and Chaeyoung’s mood considerably improved…

Until

“Lisa…” Chaeyoung whimpered sadly making Lisa stop biking to look at her behind, and her heart melted at the cuteness that Chaeyoung is displaying right now; looking at Lisa with hopeful but sad eyes, almost looking like a kicked puppy

“What is it, Chae?” Lisa asked softly “Did you hurt yourself or something?”

Chaeyoung shakily pointed towards a teenage girl who was looking stricken seeing her ice cream falling to the ground after a guy bumped into her then running away quickly.

Lisa blinked and said hesitantly “You…got sad because a girl lost her ice cream?”

Chaeyoung whipped her head back to Lisa with burning tears “W-Why are you like that Lisa?” She choked “That’s an ice cream! If you lost an ice cream, wouldn’t you be sad?!”

Lisa panicked and quickly got off the bike to console Chaeyoung “N-no! I-I mean yes I would be sad I just didn’t expect you to…”

Lisa bit her lip ‘To be so affected by some stranger’s fallen ice cream’ She thought

“Me to what?” Chaeyoung said sadly

Lisa sighed inwardly before finally giving off a smile, pulling Chaeyoung along with her “Come on…”

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“To buy a stranger some ice cream”

 

If there is something much whipper than a whipped cream…

 

It would definitely be Lisa

 

And definitely the recent one

 

They just finished buying ice cream for the girl who gave them a thankful smile and Lisa even got a bit nervous because the girl was staring at them for far too long for her liking. Thankfully, her phone rang making the girl thank them once again before finally leaving.

As they were walking back towards where they parked their twin bike, Lisa could only laugh a bit because she didn’t expect her wallet to take so much damage

‘First a bike, and now an ice cream.’ Lisa looked at Chaeyoung who was finally not sporting any teary eyes.

 

‘The things I do to you chipmunk’

 

“Look out!”

 

Lisa saw a very fast bike heading towards them and Lisa’s instincts took over as she quickly grabbed Chaeyoung and spun them around. The force was so quick that both of them landed on the grass and Lisa hissed sensing pain on her arm.

She looked at it and saw that she grazed it from the fast bike earlier plus the fall at the ground while she was shielding Chaeyoung’s body from the accident.

“Lisa!”

They sat up and Lisa quickly took notice at the forming crowd which made her panic a bit. She quickly made her voice lighter and deliberately yelled out loud

“I’m fine don’t worry, just a minor scratch”

The crowd seemed relief and took note of the panicking Chaeyoung who seems to be already inspecting Lisa’s scratch so they let them be.

 “Oh no Lisa it’s bleeding” Chaeyoung said sadly as tears are now starting to form in her eyes once again

Lisa winced a bit and saw Chaeyoung quickly getting up and buying an alcohol, cotton, and band aid at a near store that’s around them.

Not a minute later, Chaeyoung returned with said materials and quickly began putting alcohol to the cotton.

“I’m so sorry I wasn’t paying attention a-and now you got hurt because of me…”

“Hey, hey” Lisa said firmly and wincing a bit when the cotton touched her wound “It’s okay Chae…”

Chaeyoung’s bottom lip quivered “B-but you got hurt…”

Lisa smiled as she observed how Chaeyoung gently clean her wound “I’m fine Chae, it’s that guy’s fault for using his bike too fast. Please don’t be sad”

“I-I can’t help it” Chaeyoung looked down “I don’t like seeing anyone sad or hurt, because it makes me sad as well”

“Hey…”

Chaeyoung’s head was lifted up by Lisa’s other hand and she was greeted by a loving smile from the maknae

“I love you”

Chaeyoung blinked and could feel a blush creeping up her cheeks as she stuttered

“H-huh?”

Lisa’s smile went wider as Chaeyoung looked away, seemingly affected by her words so she just decided to put on the band aid to Lisa’s wound.

“Why are you embarrassed?” Lisa laughed a bit making Chaeyoung pout at her

“Pabo…”

Lisa’s heart raced when Chaeyoung leaned in and softly kissed her wound and she could hear her whispering

“Heal faster please”

“Oh Chae…” Lisa shook her head and finally figured out her mood is after seeing how worried Chaeyoung is because of a small wound and the events from earlier

‘She’s in a…sad mood’

That brings us back to the present wherein they finally biked in peace for an hour before taking a break under the shade of a large tree.

“Well,” Lisa laughed and gently laid down closing her eyes “It’s been…an eventful day has it?”

Chaeyoung sat down next to her, sweat running down her face from biking so much “Yeah…it is, and I’m really thankful for all the things you’ve done today”

Lisa looked at her “I…” Chaeyoung continued “I really don’t know why I’m feeling so emotional lately but you did your best to make sure I’m…”

Chaeyoung stared at Lisa who was already looking at her with a soft smile

“happy…”

Lisa chuckled and held out her hand in which Chaeyoung looked on confusingly

“Just grab it you”

Chaeyoung gently accepted Lisa’s hand “But, what are you going to d-“ She yelped when Lisa tugged her downwards making her fall down on top of her, not so gently

“Lisa!”

Lisa then gave an evil grin and weaved her hands towards Chaeyoung’s waist…

 

“HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA LISA STOP!”

 

Lisa laughed as she tickled Chaeyoung mercilessly and watched how Chaeyoung’s face contorted to happiness and her hands desperately trying to put Lisa’s hands away in an attempt to stop the tickling.

“Not until you say you love me”

“OKAY OKAY STOP I LOVE YOU NOW PLEASE STOP!”

Lisa smiled happily and finally stopped tickling her making Chaeyoung collapse on top of her, panting for laughing too hard.

“You evil maknae”

Lisa felt Chaeyoung shake her head and s her arms up again

“Lisa, don’t you dare tickle me again” Chaeyoung said in a threatening voice which is surprising since she’s been emotional all day.

Chaeyoung grumbled before her eyes widened slightly when Lisa hugged her tightly, cuddling their body together as she molds it as one.

“L-Lisa we’re in public”

Lisa yawned and her eyes started closing a bit as she enjoyed the warmth Chaeyoung is radiating “It’s no problem…no one won’t mind.”

Chaeyoung’s heart started beating fast but their position as well as the weather is making her sleepy too. She could feel a blush creeping up her cheek when Lisa put her head towards her neck.

“Lisa…”

“I promise…” Chaeyoung heard Lisa whisper to her

 

“I promise to never let even a frown to your face…I love you chipmunk and thank you for spending the day with me”

 

Lisa whispered it so softly that Chaeyoung is thankful that Lisa couldn’t see her face because of how red she is. So, she just mumbled something that made Lisa smile before succumbing to a nap.

 

“I should be the one thanking you…my Lisa…”


ZZzzz can't put much thought but here's an update! Be prepared for a long-filled Chaesoo chapter in the next one. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Stay safe everyone!