Distant Chaeyoung Pt. 2

Mood Pill

Distant Chaeyoung Pt. 2

Kim Jisoo once said that Lalisa Manoban tends to show off just for a certain someone to notice her; may it be dancing crazily or mockingly y, or just being an annoying little brat to her unnies.

This time was no different

Jisoo was seated on the front seat next to their driving manager who was talking to her about their upcoming schedules.

Unofficial leader of Blackpink everyone

Chaeyoung was absolutely tense as hell as she was seated between Jennie and Lisa on their van. She flinched ever so slightly whenever one of them brushes their arms to her which makes her sit still like a monk.

‘’Uhm…can the two of you please move farther from me?’’ Chaeyoung whispered quietly but enough for the two girls beside her to hear ‘’please?’’ She pleaded again.

 Jennie pursued her lips but followed her hubby nonetheless, begrudgingly scooting closer to the window and looking at the scenery with a slight pout on her face that made Chaeyoung a bit guilty.

However, one wasn’t that good of following pleases

‘’Yah yah Chong-ah, I heard that we’ll be seating together this time on the radio show’’ Lisa grinned and gave Chaeyoung a flirty wink

‘’Oh…that’s good I guess?” Chaeyoung shrugged which made Lisa frown

‘’Aren’t you excited sitting next to a masterpiece like me?’’ Lisa suddenly smirked that somehow bought out a smile from the distant girl

Jennie scoffed ‘’In your dreams Manoban’’

‘’Whatever Korean’s IT girl’’

‘’I am, aren’t I?’’ Jennie gave Lisa a flaunting smirk

‘’Well…me and Chaeyoung are the superior ship!’’

‘’How did it suddenly come to that?!’’ Jennie growled and leaned closer to Chaeyoung who is hugging herself from the prickling pain she’s feeling whenever they’re close to her.

‘’Aww does little Jennie getting jelly?’’ Lisa teased

‘’You better shut your mouth Manoban’’

‘’Or what?’’

Lisa seductively trailed her hand to Chaeyoung’s arms to infuriate Jennie even more and stole a quick kiss to Chaeyoung’s cheek

Jennie’s eyes darkened in rage and was about to curse ‘’You bit-‘’

‘’STOP!’’

Everyone stopped talking to the suddenly shivering girl

‘’Chaeyoung-ah, are you okay?’’ Jisoo asked in concern while looking at the other two girls beside her with a suspicious look

A whole minute passed with Chaeyoung just shivering and Jenlisa giving each other a guilty look until another voice spoke

‘’Chaeyoung, Jisoo is asking you a question’’

Their manager said that made Chaeyoung finally open her eyes, her right cheek feeling like someone slapped her really hard

‘’Just…please, leave me alone.’’ Chaeyoung whispered vulnerably while looking at Lisa with a bit of resentment for not listening to her

‘’…okay’’ 

Lisa looked guilty and a bit hurt at the look of Chaeyoung’s face, she didn’t know that if they initiated any contact to Chaeyoung she will hurt her…

‘’Looks like whenever we come closer to her, the pill must have been hurting her’’ Jennie realized seeing Chaeyoung hold her cheek as if it was in pain. She bit her lip wanting to comfort her hubby but with this new realization…

How the hell will they do that?


A day after the radio show, Lisa stumbled upon the latest video under the hashtag Chaelisa (Don’t judge her)

 

‘’What the?!’’ Lisa’s mouth dropped open in shock seeing the caption ‘Chaelisa’s love quarrel’

 

‘’Whoa Chaeyoung here looks quite distant to our maknae’’

 

‘’Is it a lover’s quarrel kekekekekke’’

 

‘’Damn, Chaeyoung being like this to her soulmate is scary…Chaeyoung herself is scary when she’s looking like this’’

 

‘’I’m sure Lisa probably made our Chaeyoung jealous again kekekekeke’’

 

‘’I did not!’’ Lisa pouted, kicking her feet slightly. She was determined to prove to her precious Chaelisa shippers that she and Chaeyoung are okay as a perfect score of a board exam (That must have felt so good but back to the story)

She stood up and started going to Chaeyoung’s room but she heard voices out inside, she was slightly expecting it to be locked but was surprised to hear voices inside.

 

‘’H-how did you open the door?’’

 

‘’I’m a master of everything Chaeyoung-ah…’’

 

‘’Jisoo-unnie…’’ She whispered

 

‘’Please Chaeyoungie? Let’s go to the arcade!’’ Jisoo exclaimed excitedly then started to whisper in a softer tone ‘’I really missed you, you know?’’

 

‘’I…I miss you too unnie.’’

 

‘’She misses Jisoo but not us?’’ Lisa frowned but she spoke too soon

 

‘’I miss all of you…you, Jennie, and Lisa.’’ Chaeyoung spoke out ‘’ B-but I can’t, at least until I get myself together’’

 

Jisoo let out a strangled noise of frustration ‘’But why?! If you missed me then why can’t you hang out with me?!’’

 

‘’I-I can’t explain it well unnie’’ Chaeyoung sounds close to crying ‘’Please…just leave me alone’’

 

‘’….’’

 

Lisa heard Jisoo sigh before walking out of Chaeyoung’s room. As soon as Jisoo closed it, Chaeyoung locked the door as it let out a small ‘click’.

Jisoo stood still outside of Chaeyoung’s door, looking down at the floor with slumped shoulders as she whispered ‘’Stupid mood pill…making my Chaeyoungie so distanced from us…from me’’

Jisoo looked up and finally noticed Lisa, raising her eyebrows ‘’You been eavesdropping on us?’’

‘’Kind of’’ Lisa looked away; deep inside she was a bit elated that a Chaesoo date won’t happen today but another part of her is crushed to know that Chaeyoung misses her too but is distancing herself from them…from her.

Jisoo chuckled ‘’Looks like Distant Chaeyoung won’t be changing moods anytime soon huh’’ She joked but her smile is strained

“But why?’’ Lisa frowned ‘’I know that she wants to get out of our spaces but I feel like there’s something more than that’’

Lisa’s mind flashed to Chaeyoung’s reaction when she kissed her cheek ‘’It’s like we’re hurting her…’’

Jisoo looked quiet and was about to answer that when Jennie’s voice entered their ears

 

‘’Because we are.’’

 

‘’What do you mean unnie?’’ Lisa asked and Jennie sighed

 

‘’I tried to…last night’’

 

Flashback

After the obviously distant Chaeyoung who ignored Lisa throughout the radio show unless the MC somehow made them interact with each other, Jennie went to Chaeyoung’s room quietly, tiptoeing her way to make sure she won’t wake up her other two rivals.

Good thing that the moment Distant Chaeyoung started, her promise to cuddle with Lisa has finally ended that’s why Chaeyoung is now back to her own room.

She won’t have to worry in barging in Lisa’s room and making Lisa go away

‘’I have to make sure if what I realized earlier is true…if so, I’ll find a way to communicate with Chaeyoung without possibly hurting her’’ Jennie murmured before twisting the doorknob of her hubby which was surprisingly open and sneaked a peek.

She let out a small squeak seeing Chaeyoung in the process of putting on clothes and averted her eyes away in respect

‘Well…’ Jennie’s heart thudded hard against her ribcage ‘I wasn’t…expecting that’

 

Jennie Kim is not a ert. Period.

 

 

Jennie blushed heavily remembering the milky skin and

 

‘Damn that ’

 

 

Okay maybe she is for a bit

 

Hearing Chaeyoung yelp, probably because she heard Jennie, she scrambled in putting on clothes quick making her hair frazzled and messy in a good-looking way as she looked at the blushing Jennie with her own red cheeks

‘’J-Jennie-unnie!’’

Jennie frowned and crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow to her

‘’I-I mean wifey…’’

Jennie grinned hearing that, seems like things never change even if Chaeyoung is distancing herself from them

‘’Hey hubby, oh and don’t be shy’’ She winked to make Chaeyoung comfortable ‘’We’re all comfortable at seeing each other, right?” She said in an innocent tone

‘’B-but I uhm…’’ Chaeyoung looked down shyly ‘’I haven’t seen you er, unnie. Only Jisoo-unnie saw you like that because the both of you used to go to saunas when we were trainees’’

Jennie rolled her eyes ‘’Don’t put any meaning to that hubby’’ She said in a light tone before contorting her face to a comforting one that made Chaeyoung relax a bit since she’s been quite tense when the distant mood happened.

‘’Hey,’’ Jennie said softly and not moving an inch but she did close Chaeyoung’s door ‘’I kind of understand what you’re going through right now’’

Chaeyoung’s eyes widened a bit, hope slowly shining in her eyes ‘’Y-you do? You know how I cannot feel this way?’’

‘’Do you feel hurt whenever one of us comes close to you or initiate a contact with you?’’

Chaeyoung looked shocked at Jennie’s accurate question and nodded her head furiously ‘’Y-yes wifey! It’s exactly like that’’ Her lips quivered ‘’I really don’t know why I’m feeling this way but it fills me with so much guilt that I have to distance myself from all of you…I-I don’t know what to do but just entertain myself and maybe this feeling will go away.’’

Jennie took a step closer which made Chaeyoung nervous ‘’ Don’t worry’’ Jennie soothed her ‘’I won’t touch you okay? I’m just testing out this theory for my own eyes to see but I promise I won’t hurt you’’

Chaeyoung slowly nodded and watched Jennie slowly walk closer to her, the burning within her slowly started appearing but she suppressed it, desperately wanting to make contact to at least anyone right now.

 

She needed comfort

 

Jennie stopped walking and is now in front of Chaeyoung, her eyes trailing the sweat running down from Chaeyoung’s head

 

‘She’s holding it back…’

 

‘’Am I hurting you?’’ Jennie whispered before turning a bit desperate when Chaeyoung didn’t answer her

 

‘’Please…answer me’’

 

Jennie leaned her face closer to Chaeyoung, looking at the lips that touched hers days ago. Chaeyoung saw that and her eyes flickered down to Jennie’s lips…

 

Before turning away while biting her own lips as she whispered three words that made Jennie back away immediately and look at her with a crushed look

 

‘’…yes, it hurts’’

 

End flashback

Lisoo looked dumbfounded at the new discovery, so Chaeyoung is not willingly distancing herself but she has to because the pill is hurting her?

‘’W-what is this mood pill…’’ Jisoo whispered ‘’How can it be so…brutal?’’

‘’Poor Chaeyoungie…’’ Jisoo bit her lip, it must have been so lonely and confusing for Chaeyoung on why she’s feeling like this…

Lisa was shaking a bit ‘’S-so when I kissed her cheek yesterday…it hurt her?’’ When Jennie nodded in affirmation, Lisa slumped down the floor, her heart aching because she unintentionally hurt her chipmunk…

‘’What are we going to do unnies? This is so different compared to her other moods, at least in those moods, we were able to touch and communicate with her…’’

Jennie sighed ‘’I tried texting and even facetiming Chaeyoung last night but she didn’t answer it all. So, all we have to do right now is wait until her mood change again.’’

‘’Her mood changes randomly, but most of the time it happens when a new day is starting.’’ Jisoo shared her thoughts ‘’It’s highly possible that tomorrow or the day after that, Chaeyoung’s mood will change.’’

‘’But what if it’s as long as her flirty mood?’’ Lisa asked ‘’Her flirty mood took at least a whole week before it changed.’’

Lisa continued ‘’Will we be able to really do all our schedules when Chaeyoung is being like this?’’

The two unnies were quiet because the maknae was right; an onslaught of practices is looming over their schedules in preparations for the award shows plus Jennie’s solo is coming up as well. Jennie herself knows that she needs to find a way around this because she will be busy as well when November comes around the corner.

‘’We will, because we have to’’ Jennie answered

One of the downsides of being an idol that no matter how bad or sick you are feeling, you need to show up smiling and healthy in front of the fans or else, the company will take the heat for not taking care of their artists well, and also cause a bit on controversy that will somehow pass just as quickly but it’s still enough to bother an idol as normally, an idol will blame his/herself for being weak or not good enough for their fans.

A harsh reality

‘’Well,’’ Jisoo smiled weakly and tried to cheer up her members

‘’At least Chaeyoung won’t be close to anyone right now.’’


Jisoo spoke too soon

 

As a few days later of Chaeyoung not talking or being close with them inside the dorm, they heard her talking to someone animatedly and almost…

 

Happily

 

Loud laughter soon entered their ears and Chaeyoung’s voice is also loud enough for them to hear

 

‘’Yah Park Joy! You really are Irene-unnie’s fake daughter!’’

 

‘’You really did that?! Oh my God!’’

 

‘’Yeah, I miss you too. We should probably hang out soon don’t you think? But we’re probably busy practicing for the upcoming award show. I really do hope we get a table near to yours; it’ll be fun to catch up again!’’

The three girls look at each other, alarmed ‘’What the ?!’’

They all thought, after so many denied hang outs and conversations to the girl they are all pining on, they suddenly hear her talking animatedly to someone?! Not just someone but…

‘’Park Joy…’’

Jennie growled, her temper easily going up as she remembers the way Joy blushed when they all last saw each other…

When Chaeyoung was in a flirty mood

‘’Jendeukie…’’ Jisoo gulped, not liking the storm in Jennie’s eyes ‘’Calm down, I’m sure Chaeyoung will change moods soo-‘’

The devil inside Jennie came out as she stormed towards Chaeyoung’s room, banging the door angrily

‘’Open this door Park Chaeyoung!’’

Jennie has never felt so frustrated on her entire life; here she was waiting for days for Chaeyoung to change mood and the deprivation of her physical contact and bond with the younger girl is really getting to her right now.

Especially if she hears one of Red Velvet’s member getting closer to her hubby in her distant mood! It's as if the mood is mocking the members of Blackpink as Jennie growled at that

‘’I won’t let Joy steal my hubby’’ Jennie sneered and banged the door once again, slightly hearing Chaeyoung say a quick bye to Joy and yelping whenever Jennie’s strike gets louder.

‘’W-what?’’ Chaeyoung whispered and flinched when she heard Jennie yell

 

‘’Jisoo! Open this door!’’

 

‘’Yah! I’m still the unnie here!’’

 

‘’Just do it or I’ll kick Dalgom out of the dorm!’’

 

‘’You can’t do that!’’

 

Jennie’s strangled noise of frustration was heard and from Chaeyoung’s imaginative mind, Jennie must have given Jisoo a scary glare because she suddenly heard her doorknob jingling and the lock slowly turning.

 

Chaeyoung gulped and then…

 

BANG!

 

Chaeyoung felt like she saw a devil fresh from hell as Jennie looked at her with so much frustration and her nose flared when she saw Chaeyoung grip her phone tighter.

 

‘’You done talking with Joy?”’ Jennie spat out

 

Note to self: Never make your wifey angry, especially if it’s Jennie Kim

 

‘’I uh yeah’’ Chaeyoung squeaked out as Jennie crossed her arms, still glaring at her with Lisoo nervously looking at Jennie and also wanting to step closer to Chaeyoung

‘’Why were you talking to Joy anyways Chaeyoungie?’’ Jisoo asked

‘’I was uh, we have been texting for the past few days…’’ Chaeyoung answered ‘’And we just decided to call today because she wants to share something’’

‘’And you’re not feeling…any pain to her?’’ Lisa asked, hesitating a bit and also scared that Chaeyoung will say yes.

Which was unfortunately the answer as Chaeyoung nodded in affirmation

‘’Yeah…I don’t feel like I’m burning inside out when I’m talking to her’’ Chaeyoung said softly before letting out a small blush and said something that made Jennie Kim explode

‘’And…I kind of like the way she seems so sweet to me and has been there for me the past few days even if it was just thru online.’’

Jennie, throwing the concern inside of her of possibly hurting Chaeyoung out of her mind, stormed towards Chaeyoung and suddenly kissed her in front of the other two; her hand clasping Chaeyoung’s cheek and her other hand holding Chaeyoung’s head to make sure she won’t pull away.

Everyone’s eyes widened at the blatant show of affection (or anger?) and Lisoo couldn’t actually process what was just happening in front of them, their mouth opening in shock.

Chaeyoung’s eyes were still wide and the burning inside of her spread like wildfire but strangely…

‘’It…It doesn’t…hurt?’’

Nonetheless, Jennie’s lips were so soft yet aggressive with the way she her lips with such vigor made her knees weak and thank the heavens above that she was sitting on her bed.

She was about to retaliate but Jennie’s lips were now suddenly latched away from her by an angry and surprisingly strong Jisoo

‘’What the hell Jendeukie?!’’

Jisoo was the one who snapped out of her shock quickly it seems and Chaeyoung blinked, she seems to be in daze at what Jennie did which made the cat-eyed girl smirk

‘’Showing my hubby whom she belongs to’’ Jennie smirked, saying in a haughty tone and then winked at the said hubby ‘’You won’t be thinking of anyone right now huh hubby’’ Her smirk widened when Chaeyoung let out a full storm blush

‘’I-I uhm...I wasn’t…it actually…’’

Chaeyoung was rumbling that made Jennie chuckle at her cuteness but then a shove made her turn around in anger seeing the maknae snarling in envy at the older girl

‘’Yah! How could you do that to Chaeyoung!’’ Lisa fumed ‘’I thought we have to keep our distant so that she doesn’t get hurt!’’

‘’Does it look like my kiss hurt my hubby?’’ Jennie fought back

‘’That was still reckless of you Jendeukie!’’

‘’Oh, shut up! You two are just jealous that Chaeyoung didn’t push me away!’’

Lisa turned almost red and pushed Jennie like she was a kid fighting back a bully but unfortunately Lisa was too strong even for a maknae and shoving Jennie seems to push Jisoo towards Chaeyoung’s direction…

 

And from some strange position, Jisoo’s lips somehow landed on Chaeyoung’s as well making it the second kiss that happened today!

 

‘’Mmph!’’

 

Chaeyoung let out a small sound when Jisoo’s kissable lips covered her own and she blinked rapidly while a blush started taking over her face

 

‘’First Jennie-unnie and now…Jisoo-unnie?!’’

 

Their kisses…didn’t hurt her

 

In fact, Jisoo’s kiss made her release the tension to her body and make it relaxed as Jisoo kissed her softly after regaining her senses, as if saying to Chaeyoung to relax and accept her.

Chaeyoung’s mind was getting dizzy at the sudden happenings and Jisoo’s scent is taking over her nostrils that somehow managed to calm her down a bit but not enough to relax her fast-beating heart.

‘’YAH!’’

Lisa, in a surprising show of strength, pulled every one of the way that made Jensoo land on the ground with a thud

‘’Ow! That hurts you stupid monkey!’’

‘’What was that for?!’’

Jensoo groaned in pain of their hitting the ground hard; Damn Lisa for being so strong despite being the youngest.

The unnie line watched in horror as Lisa grabbed Chaeyoung’s face, who was still in a daze, and whispered aggressively

 

‘’You’re mine’’

 

Lisa launched forward and kissed her passionately that made Chaeyoung grip Lisa’s shoulder on instinct because of how strong Lisa is kissing her.

 

If she wasn’t gripping Lisa’s shoulder, she would have definitely fell with Lisa on top of her.

 

‘’Lisa’s kiss…also didn’t hurt in fact’’

 

Chaeyoung started closing her eyes and slowly returning Lisa’s passionate kiss; the kiss making her feel alive more than ever as if Lisa is sending her vitality into her and that made Chaeyoung safer more than ever like the maknae will protect her from everything she's afraid of.

 

‘’It feels good…really good’’  

 

Jensoo, with great efforts, grabbed Lisa’s waist and pulled her away. They all stood up and glared at each other, as if ready to pounce one another to claim the dazed girl behind them.

‘’Obviously I was the better kisser’’ Lisa smirked ‘’So go away you too, Chaeyoung clearly returned my kiss if the two of you didn’t pull me away’’

‘’As if’’ Jennie scoffed ‘’ I was the one who kissed her first and fun fact?’’ Jennie smirked ‘’She didn’t get hurt from me at all’’

‘’Her body responded to me’’ Jisoo said smugly ‘’I clearly made her feel relaxed and was about to kiss me back if it wasn’t for this monkey’s jealousy.’’

The three started to fight on who’s better than the other and then suddenly looked at the quiet Chaeyoung with heated stares

‘’Who among of us is the best?!’’

Chaeyoung gulped and the shock in her system is finally circuiting her brain which has just finished processing what happened as her eyes suddenly closed and she fell to her bed unconscious

‘’Chaeyoung!’’

And the day ended with Chaeyoung passing out as three gorgeous girls panicked at her state, not knowing why.

I mean, if we were all in Chaeyoung’s position, who wouldn’t pass out right?


I'm finally back to update this story! Good news is that I'm planning to update this story and my other story at the same time so it will take longer for me to update since school is back again. I've been really busy lately but I hope you guys are waiting patiently :(( Bad news is that, Mood Pill might be ending sooner than we thought. I looked at its draft and noticed we only have a couple of moods left. I'm planning to write some comeback moods as a filler chapter but I think it will ruin the running plot because if you all have notice, the Mood Pill story is starting to get a bit more serious than I thought it should be since this was supposed to be a fun kind of story, just random moments of Chaeyoung's ship.

However, I decided to make it into a more story-like kind because it might make readers bored if Mood Pill is just random moments of Chaeyoung's ship. Don't worry though, this story will probably reach I think 50 chapters before it ends or will it end. Thank you so much for reading and patiently waiting! Stay safe everyone and I love you all!

P.S stream Rosie's solo! And stay tuned for Knowing Brothers tomorrow!