Kind Chaeyoung Pt. 1

Mood Pill

‘’Ugh…’’

 

Chaeyoung groaned and grabbed her head ‘’w-what happened?’’ She said in a soft voice. She looked around and saw her members sprawled on her bed with them hugging at least a part of her;

 

Jennie hugging her right arm with Jisoo on the other, while Lisa is hugging her legs.

 

‘’W-what the?’’

 

She wanted to laugh at their position and could only thank herself for buying a slightly bigger bed that all of them somehow fits but not fit enough to make sure all are lying comfortably. Chaeyoung became worried at that, her kind nature not letting her members stay in that position for a long while. She looked at the time and saw that it was morning, so she’ll make breakfast to thank her members for keeping her company and enduring the tight spaces between them.

She patted her members’ head and whispered ‘’You guys must have taken care of me seeing that I passed out and couldn’t remember a thing’’ She chuckled and smiled gently.

Chaeyoung carefully untangled herself from them and she did it so gently that it didn’t woke up her members. She fixed Lisa’s position for a bit and smiled at the cute face of the maknae, not resisting the urge to kiss her forehead so she did.

She took out another blanket to lay it on the maknae while her current blanket was being used by Jensoo.

‘’Now, time to make breakfast!’’ Chaeyoung said to herself before pumping her fist to start her day energetically 

‘’Hwaiting!’’


Lisa woke up and noticed a new warmth was wrapped around her body, her eyes groggily getting clearer as she blinked at what just happened yesterday.

‘’Oh yeah…’’ Lisa whispered ‘’We all slept here.’’

After Chaeyoung passed out from shock, the three of them started accusing each other on whose fault was it until Jisoo finally decided to become the mature one and said that it’s their fault.

Their means the group as a whole

‘’We need to stop this jealousy thing with each other’’

Jennie and Lisa looked at the serious looking Jisoo

‘’What the?! I was not jealous’’ Jennie crossed her arms in denial and glared at Jisoo with an angry pout on her face. ‘’I was just making my hubby know whom she belongs!’’

‘’That’s not the right way to do it Jendeukie’’ Jisoo rolled her eyes ‘’Chaeyoungie is still under the effects of the mood pill it seems’’ She looked at Chaeyoung with sudden soft eyes.

‘’Because if not…she wouldn’t have been hurting from our presence just because she’s feeling distant.’’

‘’I don’t think we…I could stop being jealous unnie’’ Lisa looked away and clenched her fist ‘’We’ve been the closest for so long and I was developing feelings…then suddenly I started noticing the two of you also started developing their own feelings and I just,’’ Lisa took a deep breath.

 

‘’It’s a bit impossible unnie.’’

 

‘’…unless we share?’’

 

‘’No.’’

 

‘’What?!’’

 

Jennie and Lisa yelled respectively making Jisoo sweat-dropped. 

‘’Okay a bad idea but I suggested it because maybe it would stop us from getting jealous to each other’’ Jisoo said.

‘’No unnie it’s not a bad idea…’’ Jennie answered before saying bluntly ‘’It’s a horrible one, and completely selfish of us because my hubby doesn’t even know our feelings towards her. So no, that’s a no for me.’’

‘’Me too’’ Lisa nodded ‘’Chipmunk deserves to choose whom she loves and if she uhm…’’ She looked down a bit awkwardly.

‘’She did have feelings to the three of us or what…I’ll…kind of…agree then though I feel like its impossible.’’ She whispered but was enough for the two unnies to hear.

Jennie scrunched her eyebrows ‘’Lisa, how did you even conclude that Chaeyoung will possibly like the three of us?’’

‘’Aside from being an international playgirl that is’’ Jisoo piped in making Jennie glare at her and grumbled.

‘’Stupid hubby and her charms…’’

‘’Because Chaeyoung is giving us mixed signals, right?’’ Lisa answered ‘’Like one day she’s being my boyfriend, then the next day Jennie’s real hubby, then the next being Jisoo’s caretaker’’

‘’Yah! You make her sounds like a nanny to me’’ Jisoo pouted

‘’So yeah, until chipmunk finally decides her feelings, I won’t stop pursuing her’’ Lisa said with a determined face ‘’Just like what you two talked about when Chaeyoung was being sweet right? No matter who has her heart in the end, we will always stay best of friends no matter what.’’

The two seemed surprised Lisa knows about that when they thought she was in her room.

‘’You heard that?’’ Jennie asked and Lisa nodded in affirmation.

‘’Yeah…I was eavesdropping, but I don’t want to kind of ruin that moment between you two.’’ Lisa said shyly

‘’Oh Limario, you’re also part of the group you know’’ Jisoo rolled her eyes and placed an arm around the taller girl’s shoulder.

‘’You gave quite a speech there, and I hope you enter some more army training in the future’’ Jisoo mused.

Lisa chuckled and pushed off Jisoo’s arm jokingly ‘’Whatever, you all know I have a point.’’

The three smiled at each other competitively but until there’s no sure winner of Chaeyoung’s heart, they will do their best to catch it but still maintain their family-like bond along the way.

‘’Now that we’re done…’’

Lisoo watched Jennie fixed Chaeyoung’s position and snuggle at her right side ‘’Go away you two, I’m cuddling with my hubby right now.’’

‘’As if!’’

And that’s how Jisoo used her decisive mind to trip Lisa and claim Chaeyoung’s left side leaving Lisa to just lay at the foot of the bed.

Yes, sometimes it’s hard to be a maknae.

Lisa looked at the two and grinned ‘’Ha! At least I’m the first one to wake up’’ She whispered smugly. She skillfully got up and headed out just in time to see Chaeyoung placing dishes on the dining table.

Remembering her mood, Lisa carefully walked towards her and cleared .

‘’Hey…’’

Lisa froze a bit when she got closer and Chaeyoung looked at her.

‘’Lisa! You’re awake’’ Chaeyoung smiled at her ‘’How about you sit here, and I’ll wake the other two up hm? I just finished cooking our breakfast, is pancakes okay for you or should I cook you something different?’’

Lisa blinked because Chaeyoung doesn’t seem to be in pain but rather, she was so kind. Her way of speaking is like the Chaeyoung she got used to before all the mood pill happened or whenever they don’t bicker.

‘’You’re…you’re okay with me now?’’ Lisa finally spoke with a bit of hope on her voice.

Chaeyoung looked confused ‘’Oh no, did we fight?’’ She asked with a worried tone.

‘’Oof- ‘’

Chaeyoung let out the sound when Lisa suddenly sprinted towards her and hugged her so tight. Chaeyoung still seems to be confused and hugged Lisa back as she whispered.

‘’If this is about a fight, then I’m sorry for making you feel like we’re not okay Lali’’ Chaeyoung whispered sweetly in her eyes that made Lisa sigh in happiness at finally having a physical contact with the girl.

‘’No, it’s fine it’s fine’’ Lisa pulled out of the hug to smile brightly at the older girl.

Chaeyoung just gave her a kind smile and cupped Lisa’s cheeks, squeezing it a bit ‘’Cheer up hm? I’ll be sad if you’re still thinking about a fight I don’t remember’’ She jokingly said.

Lisa laughed and shook her head, leaning into Chaeyoung’s touch even more and even touching her hand lovingly.

‘’I just missed you so much.’’

‘’Oh yeah you went to Real Men’’ Chaeyoung giggled and oh how Lisa missed that sound so much already.

‘’Yeah…’’ Lisa whispered and taking note ‘’Looks like she doesn’t remember what happened yesterday…’’

Not wanting to trigger any side effects of the Mood Pill if there are any, Lisa decided to just move on and lean in

‘’I missed you’’ She whispered and gave Chaeyoung a 5 second lasting kiss on the lips

Chaeyoung’s eyes widened at that and stayed still; the feeling of Lisa’s soft lips pressing against her own so gently definitely made her heart speed up. Looking to those adorable brown eyes that is eyeing her happily made her give Lisa a loving smile as she whispered back just as lovingly.

‘’I missed you too…’’


‘’Come on girls keep it up! Tomorrow we’ll be going to Japan for your concert in Osaka!’’

Blackpink nodded at their instructor and got into position once again to practice for their routine in the concert. They already memorized the numerical order of the concert and tomorrow they will also be having a practice rehearsal on the venue. Then the day after that, another practice rehearsal before the exact concert.

 

Yes, it will be some tiring days for the members of Blackpink and this is what they signed up for.

 

For their dreams, and most especially for their blinks

 

‘’Here Jisoo-unnie’’

 

Chaeyoung handed Jisoo a bottle of water with a tired but kind smile on her face.

‘’Thanks, Chaeyoungie’’ Jisoo smiled cheerfully at her despite letting out pants from the continuous practice and she’s not the only one, all of them are now sprawled around the practice room after being done for the day while their manager talked to the instructor about the upcoming events.

‘’No problem’’ Chaeyoung said happily and sat down next to Jisoo ‘’You were amazing out there Jichu, even if it’s just a practice, you really give it your all’’ She said to the oldest member.

‘’Thank you Chaeyoungie, you’re being too kind’’ Jisoo chuckled ‘’I know I still must bring out the best version of me while making sure I don’t strain myself too much. I just need to balance that.’’

‘’Well, you’re good at balancing water bottles’’ Chaeyoung joked.

‘’You bet I am!’’

Jisoo smiled watching Chaeyoung hide a laugh behind her hand at her remark, it really does feel good to make the person you love laugh like that.

And Jisoo will never get tired of doing that.

‘’What do you think will be our arrangement tomorrow at the airport?’’ Jisoo whispered, now laying her head to the taller girl’s shoulder while sticking out her tongue to the irritated Jenlisa.

‘’Hm, I’m definitely seating with Jennie-unnie tomorrow at the plane.’’

Jisoo blinked and looked at Chaeyoung with a bit of hurt on her eyes so she forced a smile ‘’B-but don’t you think it’s time to pair up with me? We almost never pair up in airplanes’’ She pouted.

Chaeyoung giggled and poked Jisoo’s cheek to stop her pout ‘’Stooooop, you’re too cute unnie that I won’t be able to resist’’ She smiled.

Jisoo made her pout even more prominent then making Chaeyoung laugh once again.

‘’But seriously unnie,’’ Chaeyoung chuckled after her laugh stopped ‘’I must, you know Jennie-unnie has some kind of fear going up the clouds, so I want to be there for her when that happens’’

Jisoo’s mind started gearing up hearing that with a questioning thought ‘’what is her mood this time?’’

Seeing that Chaeyoung is not quivering away from her when she leaned her head, it may seem to be her mood has changed again.

And at perfect timing too because it's their concert and they need to interact so that people won't assume something bad happened to their group.

‘’Oh, that’s kind of you Chaeyoungie’’ Jisoo said, not realizing she just said the word of what Chaeyoung's mood is as her mind is still working up the answer.

Chaeyoung just gave her that kind of smile once again and glanced at the grumpy Jennie, her eyes softening.

‘’I’ll do anything just to make the people special for me happy and safe…’’

Chaeyoung whispered and then looked Jisoo, patting her head and giving her a cheerful smile ‘’Don’t be sad unnie! I’ll be next to you on the van and on the way to the airport.’’

With that, Chaeyoung was rewarded a blindingly gorgeous smile that made her stare in awe and blush at the outstanding beauty of her unnie.

No wonder she was Chaeyoung’s first girl crush.


Jennie whimpered and closed her air hearing the turbulences of the airplane started getting louder as they started going up.

A soft hand grabbed Jennie’s hand and squeezed it tightly but reassuringly making Jennie’s breathing relax for a bit, but her heart is still beating fast from this fear of hers.

And this is one of those times where she’s a bit thankful for it because, her hubby spoke to their manager for them to seat together instead of the usual unnie and maknae line pairing on airplanes. Their manager just shrugged and allowed that since they’re seems to be no harm other than Lisoo’s disappointed looks.

‘’There wifey, we’re almost up’’ Chaeyoung’s soothing voice entered her ears and soon, she started to hum their latest song ‘Really’ in an acoustic tone.

Jennie focused on her humming since she had her eyes closed in fear and the more, she listened to Chaeyoung’s magical voice, the calmer she felt that she didn’t notice they were now up in the air on the way to Japan.

The song finished and Chaeyoung giggle finally made her open her eyes slowly, her breath hitching at seeing her bare-faced hubby on casual clothes seemingly making Jennie think that Chaeyoung might have wanted to get as comfortable as she wants.

Can’t deny she still looks hella gorgeous (like all of them are but back to the story)

‘’You made it’’ Chaeyoung gave her a toothy grin that made Jennie release a sigh of relief and a smile of her own.

‘’I endured it better because you’re here with me’’ Jennie said softly, her eyes glowing in appreciation ‘’Thank you for that.’’

‘’You’re always welcome wifey!’’ Chaeyoung exclaimed and surprised Jennie by grabbing Jennie’s head and gently laying it down her shoulder, caressing it while humming for only Jennie to hear.

Jennie’s eyes widened a bit and her heart started racing at the caring gesture of her hubby; she’s being so heartfelt lately and Jennie must admit, their height difference really made a difference for their dynamic hence why Chaeyoung is the hubby, and she is the wifey.

‘’she kind of acts like a hubby too’’ Jennie giggled inwardly remembering how Chaeyoung seems to just be herself and not the usual elegant lady. I mean, when wearing comfortable clothes, her hubby seems to sit with her other leg on top of the chair as well.

‘’Such a cutie’’ Jennie murmured seeing the familiar sitting of her hubby as of right now.

‘’Hmmm?’’ Chaeyoung said and looked at Jennie questioningly.

‘’I said you’re such a cutie’’ Jennie closed her eyes, giving out a small grin of happiness at Chaeyoung’s warmth and slowly dozing off to dreamland.

Chaeyoung watched Jennie fall asleep in just a few minutes before whispering out.

‘’You are too…’’ Chaeyoung closed her eyes while still caressing Jennie’s hair

‘’And I’ll make sure you feel taken care of…’’


‘’Oh my God Jennie!’’

Chaeyoung almost screamed in fright seeing her wifey’s footing slip off the railing, quickly going after her while also making sure that she’s stepping carefully at the railings.

She didn’t want the audience to worry more if more accidents happen.

Chaeyoung bit her lip and could almost feel tears going up her eyes, the crowds’ worried gasps would have made Chaeyoung’s heart constrict in pain even more but thanks to her in-ear monitor, she wasn’t able to focus much on that.

What she was able to focus on though, was Jennie’s whimper of pain and her face scrunching when her ankle fell on a weird angle.

‘’Wifey…’’ She whispered.

Jennie let out a small smile, though pained but reassuring ‘’I’m fine hubby’’ She whispered ‘’It’s the encore anyway, let’s finish this and not worry our blinks.’’

Jennie quickly stood up on her own with Chaeyoung close to her, keeping an eye to her wifey as she continued singing as if she only tripped but from the way Jennie is putting more weight on her other ankle…

Chaeyoung knows that’s not the case.

‘’Jendeukie are you sure you’re, okay?’’ Jisoo asked worriedly the moment they were back to their dressing room 

‘’Do you need ice unnie?’’ Lisa also bombarded her with questions the moment they finished the concert and the whole staff went towards Jennie to check on her.

Jennie, who was lying beside Chaeyoung who is also guiding her right now by holding her waist, gave them a wave of reassurance

‘’I’m fine guys, don’t worry about it.’’

The person who knows injuries like this (I’m not sure what they’re called but let’s just put it like this) or in other words, the group’s medical practitioner went up to Jennie when they reached their dressing room to get some rest and arrange blinks’ gifts to them and they were soon meeting some again later for when they go back to their hotel room.

Jennie hissed when the medical practitioner gently twists her ankle which was also turning into a different color that worried the three girls.

‘’It’s a sprained ankle alright’’ She said ‘’But not that severe, we should probably put ice for now and bandage it to stop the swelling. You can still move and walk freely but you shouldn’t put your hundred percent energy on dancing, or it will worsen. I’ll talk to your manager about this’’ She smiled gently at Jennie who gave her a thankful smile in return.

‘’Thank you’’ Jennie said in relieved that it’s not that severe

On the brighter side, she could still perform for blinks…

And she’s also Chaeyoung’s roommate for this concert.


‘’No hubby, I’m not that injured! I can do it myself.’’

 

‘’Nope, I’m your roommate and hubby so I’m taking care of you.’’

 

‘’That includes getting into bed?!’’

 

‘’Yes, it’s a few meters ahead but I can manage don’t worry, I work out wifey.’’

 

‘’Chaeyoung…the bed is literally 10 steps ahead.’’

 

Why are they arguing perhaps?

 

Jennie crossed her arms and pouted, but deep inside she’s fluttering like crazy when Chaeyoung tried to pick her up in bridal style and carry her since they went inside their room.

‘’Don’t fight it’’ Chaeyoung scolded her ‘’I want you to be well-rested especially since we have another concert tomorrow.’’

‘’Fine…’’

Chaeyoung hid a satisfied grin to maintain her strict face and gently scoop Jennie up in her arms, carrying her like a princess and walking slowly towards their bed and making sure Jennie’s ankle won’t hit any walls or furniture.

She laid Jennie down the bed and started taking off her bandages.

‘’H-hey! What are you doing?!’’

‘’I’m going to ice it again,’’ Chaeyoung said in a matter-a-fact voice ‘’It was too hectic earlier and not enough time to cool down the swelling. I talked to the medical practitioner about this and agreed with me. If you were to cool this down earlier in the arena, the three of us would have been bought earlier to the hotel before you…’’ Chaeyoung looked at the still swelling ankle.

‘’And I don’t you to be alone.’’

Jennie literally melted at her words ‘’Stupid hubby…I swear if you don’t choose me to be your true love, I…’’

Her heart won’t be mended back to whole again that’s for sure.

‘’I love you hubby…’’

Chaeyoung looked up and softly smiled at her as she said ‘’I love you too wifey.’’

Jennie stared at Chaeyoung’s form who was getting a pack of ice as well as some freshly new bandages. Chaeyoung seems to know what she’s doing as the background noise of Netflix entered their ears making Jennie feel so domestic with her hubby.

Jennie hissed in pain when Chaeyoung placed the ice on her sprained ankle.

‘’Does it still hurt?’’ Chaeyoung asked, her eyes looking at her with comfort.

Jennie jutted out her bottom lip and nodded like a child who got her boo boo making Chaeyoung melt at her cuteness.

‘’Don’t worry’’ She smiled kindly ‘’It will be better soon.’’

Soon after Jennie finally felt relief on her ankle because of the ice, Chaeyoung is now bandaging it again like it’s brand new. She watched as Chaeyoung neatly bandage her sprained ankle and she suddenly voice out.

‘’Do you mean it?’’

‘’Mean what?’’

‘’…that you love me too?’’

Chaeyoung finally finished bandaging her ankle and looked at her with an unknown emotion, she quietly put away the ice pack and unused bandages and sat down next to Jennie.

‘’Hubby?’’ Jennie whispered.

Chaeyoung suddenly hold on to Jennie’s shoulders making Jennie feel a bit of fear at how tight she’s holding on to her.

‘’Hubby? What’s wrong?” Jennie is starting to panic finally seeing Chaeyoung’s pained expression.

‘’Jennie…’’

Jennie gulped hearing Chaeyoung’s deep voice and usage of her real name.

‘’I…’’ Chaeyoung’s face is still scrunched up in pain ‘’I…do…mean it’’

She let out a grunt of pain, her one hand going to her heart and squeezing it

‘’H-hubby what’s wrong?!’’

‘’I…I don’t know’’ Chaeyoung finally whimpered ‘’But it hurts…it really hurts’’

Jennie cupped Chaeyoung’s cheek and with no hesitation, kissed Chaeyoung square on the lips to at least distract her from the pain.

And don’t blame her, she has feelings and she’s also panicking

Chaeyoung visibly started calming down and kissed Jennie back softly, her hand that’s holding Jennie’s shoulder went up to the back of her head to deepen the kiss.

Jennie sighed, finally feeling their hearts beating as one and hesitatingly pulled away; a small blush on her face and eyes slowly opening to see her hubby’s face so close to her.

Chaeyoung still has her eyes closed and they finally opened when Jennie called out to her

‘’Hubby…’’

Jennie watched as Chaeyoung’s striking eyes looked straight to hers. Chaeyoung opened to say something but then her eyes flashed something before finally closing,

Jennie quickly caught her and noticed Chaeyoung has passed out

‘’She…she was about to say something’’ Jennie whispered, gripping Chaeyoung tightly ‘’But what?’’

Jennie looked at Chaeyoung’s sleeping face as if the kiss didn’t happen at all, so she laid her down beside her and gave Chaeyoung a peck on the lips and then her forehead before cuddling her tightly with one final thought.

‘’The mood pill is getting weirder lately…but no matter what, I will make sure you’ll be safe from it even if it hurts me…because I love you my hubby.’’


Help me rise up from the pool of academics so that I could freely write right now. 

 

Well aside from me being drowned in academics (it's college life so it's to be expected), I was also writing bits by bits to form a chapter and here is the outcome after a month of sneaking time for me to write! I hope I didn't made you all wait too much :( Pleasea enjoy the current chapter and rest assured that this story will be finished and not abandoned. 

 

I love you all and please stay safe everyone!