Workaholic Chaeyoung Pt. 1

Mood Pill

Workaholic Chaeyoung Pt. 1

Chaeyoung groaned and opened her eyes slowly, she was awakened by someone entering her room and snuggling to her. She opened her eyes and saw Lisa’s hair ‘’Lisa…get off of me please.’’ Chaeyoung mumbled and turning away from her, wanting to get some more sleep.

‘’You didn’t eat last night, and we need to get up early since we have practice right now.’’

That opened Chaeyoung’s eyes ‘’You’re right! I forgot we have practice today’’ She pouted and immediately standing up. ‘’Chipmunk wait!’’

‘’What is it?’’

‘’Uhmm…we still have a few minutes so can we cuddle?’’ Lisa grinned and expected Chaeyoung to accept because of her behavior yesterday but was surprised seeing Chaeyoung’s incredulous look ‘’Lisa, we still need to eat and shower. I think we better get going now.’’

Lisa grumbled but reluctantly followed the older girl ‘’You didn’t seem to mind skipping breakfast yesterday because of your cuddling session with Jennie-unnie…’’

‘’What is it?’’

‘’Nothing.’’ Lisa zipped

‘’Good morning Chaeyoungie!’’ Jisoo greeted her with a bright smile in which Chaeyoung responded it with her own ‘’Good morning unnie!’’

Jisoo held out her arms expecting a hug but was embarrassed when Chaeyoung passed by her saying ‘’I should probably help Jennie-unnie prepare breakfast.’’

Lisa apparently saw Jisoo’s attempt and laughed at her ‘’HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oooooohhhh shot down!’’ She teased the eldest. Jisoo gained a tic mark and tackled Lisa as they wrestled around the living room

In the kitchen, Jennie rolled her eyes hearing the shouts and tumblings from the living room as she cooked breakfast. Then Chaeyoung appeared beside her with a grin ‘’Let me help you unnie!’’

‘’Chaeng!’’ Jennie shot up, her hand clutching her chest ‘’You’re here’’

Chaeyoung giggled at her reaction and looked at her amusingly ‘’Yeah, I’m here to help.’’

Jennie shook her head ‘’Nah, I’m almost finished, just go set up the table.’’ She sent the girl a small smile as Chaeyoung followed her instructions and started setting up the table with some plates

Jennie glanced at her, Chaeyoung seems to be…normal again? She’s not her clingy self like yesterday. She didn’t know whether she be disappointed or what, but she sure as hell felt disappointed when she woke up and felt no Chaeyoung cuddling her earlier.

Jennie shook her head and finished cooking. Maybe their practice today would take her mind off of these things.


The girlgroup Blackpink are at the practice room inside the YG building, they were rehearsing their upcoming mini album that is said to be released this coming June so they were working on their dancing nonstop, much to the dismay of Jisoo.

‘’For how many hours are we going to practice this song over and over again’’ Jisoo panted after the choreographer said to take a small break.

Jennie grinned while laying down the dance floor, sweat running down to her body ‘’I would rather choose this than doze off the dorm.’’ Chaeyoung nodded, equally tired but still determined to still work ‘’Agreed.’’ She then stood up and started stretching once again.

‘’What are you doing?’’ Lisa asked her, drinking up from her water bottle.

‘’Going to practice the dance, want to join?’’ Chaeyoung said nonchalantly, like the past few hours aren’t affecting her.

The three girls blinked at her ‘’Are you serious?’’ Jisoo said ‘’Chaeng we’ve been practicing nonstop, this is our first small break after a few hours! Are you sure you’re going to spend it practicing the dance?’’ Jisoo raised her eyebrows ‘’You already dance to it perfectly…There’s no other reason to practice more.’’

‘’I still think I need to work on it some more’’ Chaeyoung answered before playing the song to her phone since their manager was out. The three girls decided to just watch her as the beat of their song rang around the room.

They all swallowed hard when Chaeyoung started to move her body to the beat, their new song has a bit sensual feel to it so Chaeyoung being the lead dancer she is, changed the atmosphere with her dancing. They never really focused on the others as they are too focused on their own dancing and feeling the song, and now they finally have time to rest in which Chaeyoung keeps on practicing, they totally see how hot her body moves around.

When it was now in the part of the break dance where they have to roll their body like waves, their breath got caught off on how easily Chaeyoung executed it like a master. ‘’Now I really see why she’s the lead dancer…’’ Jennie bit her lip, not so innocent thoughts taking over her mind as Chaeyoung moved around the music. The same goes for Lisa, her eyes locking on the chipmunk-like girl ‘’How can she switch from adorable to an alluring dancing machine in seconds?’’ Oh Lisa, if only you know you are also like in live performances.

Jisoo couldn’t close her eyes even for a second, watching Chaeyoung work hard for their upcoming comeback though she was getting worried seeing the tiredness and determination on the dancing girl’s face. ‘’Chaeyoung-ah, I think you should get rest while you can. The choreographer might come back any minute. You should rest.’’ She said, worried for the younger girl ‘’Who knows when will we get another small break.’’

Chaeyoung smiled tiredly and shook her head ‘’No thanks unnie, but thank you for your concern.’’ She said before switching it to another song which is ‘Forever Young’

Thankfully the steps in ‘Forever Young’ is easier for Chaeyoung but still the fatigue is evident enough for the three members to stop her since she’s been practicing nonstop, repeating the song over and over again

‘’Chaeyoung please take a break.’’ Jennie said as soon as the song finished.

Chaeyoung was getting irritated ‘’Guys I can perfectly handle myself, I know when I should take a break or when not. So please, I appreciate your concern but I need to improve my dancing even more.’’

Jennie was also getting irritated as well seeing Chaeyoung being annoying and hard-headed  ‘’You already dance well enough Chaeng! I’m sure blinks will love it even if they watch you right now so please take a goddamn rest!’’ She yelled. Lisa and Jisoo squirmed at the corner, not knowing what to do when Jennie’s temper is on the show.

Chaeyoung not appreciating the language Jennie was using started to yell as well ‘’If I said I don’t want to,’’ Her eyes turned fierce ‘’I don’t want to! Mind your own damn business!’’

They all widened their eyes hearing Chaeyoung said that word, their angelic Chaeyoung saying, even yelling the D word!

‘’Chaeyoung that’s enough! She’s only concern for you!’’ Jisoo stood up her eyes worried at the situation at hand. She never seen Chaeyoung and Jennie fight before and this looks like it’s a first.

Jennie however just narrowed her eyes ‘’Fine! Don’t rest for all I care!’’ She spat out, the tension in the room so high that no one could get past it. Lisa bit her lip and didn’t know what to do, this is the first time she saw Jennie and Chaeyoung fight since they were the ‘adult line’ between the four of them. They are the ones who are mature and act more like an unnie

 ‘’U-unnies?’’ She stuttered making them look at her as she shrunk at the intense stare of Chaeyoung and Jennie ‘’Please stop fighting…’’ Her lips quivered. The four of them are quiet while Chaeyoung and Jennie continued staring down at each other.

Suddenly, their choreographer and manager entered the room ‘’Alright break’s over! Time to start the practice!’’ Their choreographer said clapping his hands to get them up. Lisa stood up as she was the only sitting and looked away from the two.

The manager sensed something wrong and raised her eyebrows at them ‘’Is there something wrong?’’

‘’There’s nothing wrong manager-unnie’’ Chaeyoung said turning away from her members ‘’Let’s just get started.’’

 Jennie rolled her eyes and just went to her position. Jisoo and Lisa reluctantly followed Jennie and went to their position.

The choreographer raised his eyebrows at the silent treatment, which is rather unusual when you know the four of them ‘’Okay…let’s get started.’’

They started practicing ‘Forever Young’ wherein at the start Chaeyoung has to lay her head on Jennie’s bottom in which she didn’t touch it too much, more like laying her head in air and unfortunately the choreographer saw through it and stopped the music.

‘’Chaeyoung lay your head on Jennie’s bottom!’’ The choreographer said a bit of irritation in his voice ‘’I already gave you guys a small break and you already did a mistake on the first try.’’

Jennie scoffed ‘’Because a certain someone didn’t rest…’’ She whispered to herself so that the choreographer didn’t hear.

Chaeyoung heard Jennie and clenched her jaw but just nodded at the choreographer and laid her head down to Jennie’s bottom who tensed up but thankfully the choreographer didn’t notice the tension in Jennie’s body as they continued dancing.

Lisa and Jisoo sometimes locked eyes with each other, worried at the two fighting girls and because of that Jisoo made a mistake at the verse. The choreographer sighed ‘’Again!’’ he shouted

Another few hours have passed and they received more scolding from the choreographer

‘’Jennie touch Chaeyoung’s head! Do you like touching the air so much?’’

‘’Chaeyoung your body doesn’t have enough energy! Pour some efforts in it!’’

‘’Jisoo you’re late! Again!’’

‘’Lisa!? I can’t believe you made a mistake!’’ The choreographer sighed and massaged his temples stopping the music. Apparently Lisa making a mistake seems to be the last straw since Lisa never makes mistakes when it comes to dancing. Lisa bit her lip, she was too busy worrying for her members that her usual focus in dancing is missing.

The choreographer stood up and looked at the four sweating girls ‘’What is wrong with you girls?’’ He squinted his eyes in concentration like he would get some answers looking at them. ‘’I think we should call it a day.’’ The choreographer left and talked to their manager outside, probably criticizing them.

Chaeyoung struggled to get up ‘’Wait, we can still do it!’’

Jennie frowned ‘’No we can’t’’ She snapped back. ‘’Can’t you just accept that we don’t need to be so perfect right now?’’

‘’I’m pushing myself for you guys!’’ Chaeyoung snapped at her

Jennie gritted her teeth ‘’Goddamn it Chaeyoung stop being such a workaholic idiot! We, especially you need a ing rest!’’ Chaeyoung got hurt by what she said and continued arguing with her.

Jisoo had enough, the final curse word from Jennie’s mouth and her tiredness triggering her anger ‘’Will both of you shut up! If you two didn’t started this stupid fight maybe we could have finished this practice in a good note!’’

‘’Oh so now you’re blaming me?’’ Jennie glared at her

‘’I’m not blaming only you, I’m blaming the both you.’’ Jisoo crossed her arms. ‘’You also did a mistake just so you know.’’ Jennie rebutted back.

‘’That’s because I’m worried sick for the both of you!’’ Jisoo glared back

‘’So practicing so much is now a bad thing’’ Chaeyoung rolled her eyes ‘’I didn’t know that.’’

‘’You’re taking practicing to a whole new level Chaeyoung!’’ Jennie stood up to step closer to her to emphasize what her saying.

‘’That’s the difference between us Jennie’’

The three gasped because Chaeyoung called Jennie by her name, and in a rather rude way too. Jennie felt tighten but willed herself to not cry ‘’Fine! You want that ing spotlight then? Go ahead and replace Lisa as our main dancer if you also want that too!’’ Jennie scoffed ‘’Practice until you can’t move your ing body anymore!’’

‘’Guys please stop fighting!’’ Lisa yelled and whimpered, she was getting scared at the three of them.

The three started to calm down hearing the vulnerable voice of Lisa as only their harsh breathing were heard due to practicing and shouting so much.

On cue, their manager entered the room with a stressed face ‘’Your choreographer said so many things that I would rather not say. You should probably go home and rest. He said that practice will start tomorrow morning until you guys finally finished the dance in a good note.’’

‘’I’m staying here.’’ Chaeyoung said to her manager who looked at her curiously.

Jennie couldn’t take it anymore, Chaeyoung was being too hard-headed when it comes to work. She stormed her way past her manager signaling that she wants to go back to the dorm right now.

‘’Is there something going on?’’ The manager asked seeing Jennie walk past her.

Jisoo sighed and put on a fake smile ‘’Nothing manager-unnie. Let’s just go home.’’ The manager slowly nodded and looked at Chaeyoung again who was scrolling through her phone ‘’Are you sure you want to stay here?’’

Chaeyoung just nodded without looking away from her phone.

‘’Okay…’’ The manager said awkwardly and went out of the room. ‘’Text me when you want to go home I guess…’’

Jisoo just followed their manager without taking a second look to Chaeyoung while Lisa hesitated going home, not wanting to leave Chaeyoung all alone but feeling her body ready to give out due to practicing for hours and only having one small break, she decided to hug Chaeyoung and place a quick kiss to her cheek ‘’Please don’t tire yourself too much…’’ Lisa said before finally leaving Chaeyoung alone to the practice room.

Chaeyoung nodded and gave a small smile to the maknae. Now that she was all alone, she decided to practice to her hearts out until her body really gave out. She didn’t why she felt so tired yet so determined to keep on practicing, like something was pushing her to keep on dancing.

Unknown to her that a certain old lady was watching them ‘’Not even two days and she’s already switching moods…interesting.’’ Then she saw Jennie and the others entering their van, probably going home. She cackled seeing their stressed mood. ‘’As I’ve said, good luck handling her.’’


It was now night time at the dorm of Blackpink and still Chaeyoung hasn’t gone home. Jennie sometimes glanced towards their door, silently wishing for Chaeyoung to enter through it with a tired face and even apologize like her good old self. She scoffed and turned off the stove because she finished cooking their meal of the night.

‘’Guys dinner is ready’’ Jennie yelled, she heard some scuffling from their rooms and there came out Jisoo and Lisa who still look quite exhausted from earlier.

‘’Thanks Jennie-unnie’’ Lisa weakly smiled trying to lighten up the atmosphere as Jisoo and Jennie are still rather rocky with each other.

The three continued eating in silence, no one dared to start a conversation. This continued on for a few minutes until Jisoo stood up and decided to wash her own plate.

Lisa nervously finished her own food, she didn’t like this. She didn’t like the situation they are all in right now. She gulped and opened to start any kind of conversation ‘’So uhmm…chipmunk is still not home?’’

Jennie rolled her eyes ‘’Do you even see her here?’’

Lisa got hurt by her savageness and shakily said ‘’Uhmmm I guess she’s not then?’’

Jisoo finished washing her own plate and went back to her room like she was a ghost, not saying anything and walked past them. Lisa sighed and finished her own food while Jennie got annoyed by her behavior ‘’Why is she being a to us?’’ Jennie remarked making Lisa’s eyes widened at her profanity ‘’Unnie! That’s Jisoo-unnie you’re talking to!’’

‘’Am I talking about someone else?’’

Lisa is starting to get annoyed at Jennie’s attitude ‘’Look unnie even though you guys are fighting, that doesn’t mean that you could say mean things about them! They’re still your best friends.’’

‘’So that’s what you thought about me?’’ Jisoo opened the room of her door to glare fiercely at Jennie ‘’How about you? That mouth of yours could get our group in trouble if someone hears you cuss because you can’t control your freaking temper.’’

Jennie stood up ‘’I can perfectly control myself depending on the situation, I don’t need you to scold me about it.’’

Lisa also stood up and said ‘’If you two are just going to fight over nonsense things, I think I’ll just wait for Chaeyoung to come home.’’

Jennie and Jisoo sharply turned to Lisa who quickly washed her own plate before going to the living room to wait for Chaeyoung. ‘’Yah! Lisa!’’ Jennie went after her with Jisoo following

‘’Why should you wait for her to come home?’’ Jennie crossed her arms ‘’I was planning to wait for her to talk about what happened earlier’’

Lisa scoffed ‘’ Like you two could talk to her after what happened earlier'' She answered ''I can’t handle the two of you fighting and saying mean things! I would rather side with Chaeyoung than with the two of you.’’

‘’Are you deaf? Didn’t you hear Chaeyoungie talking back at us?’’ Jisoo raised her eyebrows at her ‘’That’s so unlike her! We are only concern to her!’’

‘’Well, maybe if Jennie-unnie didn’t start a fight with her’’

‘’Oh so now you’re blaming me?’’ Jennie frowned  

‘’Are you also blind?’’ Jisoo couldn’t believe what the maknae was saying ‘’Chaeyoung is tired! Extremely tired but she’s hiding it! Do you want Chaeyoung to pass out from fatigue!?’’

‘’So are you guys blaming me for not siding with you?’’ Lisa shouted at them ‘’I may be the maknae but I still have a brain you know!’’

Jennie tsked in her mind ‘’Oh I get it’’ She said sarcastically ‘’You’re too ing whipped for her’’ Jennie said mockingly

Lisa turned red ‘’So what if I am!? At least I wasn’t the one who started this stupid fight!’’

Jennie couldn’t take it anymore ‘’Fine! I’ll take the ing blame if that’s what makes you feel better!’’ Then her lips quivered and tears started to form around her eyes ‘’I-if this is what I get for trying to care’’ Jennie shakily said as she left and slammed her room shut

Lisa felt a bit guilty but her stress at them fighting won inside of her. Jisoo sighed but before she could get back to her own room, they heard their front door open and close.

Lisa immediately shot up from the couch and sprinted towards the door, seeing Chaeyoung about to pass out, you can clearly feel the tiredness around her.

‘’Chayoung-ah,’’ Lisa called out to her softly while Chaeyoung weakly looked at her and sent out a small smile. Lisa sighed and grabbed her arm to put it on her shoulder. ‘’Let’s get you some rest…You were in there for hours. You must be tired.’’

To Lisa’s relief, Chaeyoung nodded and let Lisa help her. Jisoo felt a bit jealous since Chaeyoung seems to be okay with Lisa and said ‘’Chaeyoungie…’’

However, just like what Jisoo did to Chaeyoung earlier, Chaeyoung ignored the older girl without saying anything. Jisoo watched the maknae carrying the tired girl to her room, feeling a twinge of hurt because of the cold shoulder. She sighed and went back to her own room, thankfully sleep would be able to take her mind off of this fight. Who knows? Maybe tomorrow everything would be okay…


Here's another chapter for you guys! Part 2 will be coming soon so please wait for it Eehee!

Anyways our queens won again! They really deserve it so let's continue supporting them blinks!