Confident Chaeyoung Pt. 1

Mood Pill

A month after the 'break up' of Kai and Jennie, all seems well once again for Blackpink. Schedules have been coming and coming and the biggest of them all...

"Coachella?!"

All four girls yelled in shock before happiness flooded their system as they start to squeal excitedly

"Is this for real!? We're not going for another hiatus?" Chaeyoung spoke out, surprising her members with her forwardness but they slightly giggled at that, heck even their manager just laughed out loud and looked at them proudly, clearly happy where Blackpink is currently going right now.

"Yes...that's not the only good news," Their manager said cheekily 

"What's more?" Lisa asked, bouncing up and down 

"You'll be having another comeback!" 

"What?!" 

Jennie could faint right now, is YG, like the YG Entertainment is letting them have a comeback again when it's not even a year yet?! It has been barely 3 months since she released her solo and 5 months since their last comeback which is Square Up.

"Is this going the be another EP?" 

Their manager nodded and Blackpink sighed sadly inside.

Looks like it's going to take a while before their first album (Sorry girls that's my fault but we'll get there...)

"Now, I know you girls are sad that it's not another full album, but you need these EPs for the next big thing"

"What's bigger than Coachella?" Jennie asked

"A world tour in North America, Europe..." Lisoo looks starry-eyed and in awe, at the amount of schedule they're getting for this year 

"Australia"

Chaeyoung's eyes widened in shock before an excited smile pulled on her lips. They were going to perform in her hometown! 

"And Asia once again"

Jennie dropped , not believing this at all before shaking her head to get herself together 

"So...YG is making us have another comeback for more songs in Coachella and the world tour am I right?"

The manager chuckled in amusement "Fortunately...yes"

We have to admit it or not, the girls need more songs to really last longer in concerts, especially for something as big as Coachella

"Well, YG's marketing strategy never stops amazing me" Jisoo shook her head "Have a comeback before Coachella to get that hype then after Coachella, continue with that hype on world tours thus earning more fans and more dollars" 

They all laughed but they have to agree with what Jisoo said.

YG Entertainment is still about the business despite creating so many legendary groups like 2NE1 and Big Bang.

"Still...that's a lot of work and pressure," Lisa said, the pressure now getting to her "As far as I know, there has been no K-pop group who has been in Coachella...and we've never branched out of Asia."

Lisa bit her lip and continued to voice out her concerns "Will people really listen to our songs even if most of them are not in English?" She asked nervously, the worst feeling for a performer is to not have a crowd that will listen and enjoys their music, their passion.

Blackpink may be charismatic as hell, but Coachella is a big thing, and it's situated in a land where Korean is not mostly understood unless there are subtitles.

Jensoo also looked down a bit, especially Jisoo since she's not that confident in speaking English. Heck, how would she interact with international fans for months when she's so scared of being made fun of?

The manager is panicking inwardly seeing the pressure now getting to the girls after the excitement has died down...

But one member seems to be not in that mood at all.

An arm around the three girls held them tightly but reassuringly, the three girls looked and saw Chaeyoung grabbing them with a fire in her eyes that's rarely seen but when it was...

It's mesmerizing

"We got this!" Chaeyoung spoke out confidently, almost as if Rosé from Blackpink is merging with their sweet and soft Chaeyoung "We're not going to let our blinks down especially now that we're going to perform in one of the biggest music festivals out there!" She exclaimed excitedly at the prospect of meeting so many famous artists other than them.

Chaeyoung looked intently at her members, from Lisa, Jisoo, then finally at Jennie who seems to be getting fired up judging by her growing smirk

"We're Blackpink; we've debuted and climbed our way up to where we are today...and we will continue going up until we grasp our dreams of becoming a group that will be so unforgettable and won't ever forget who we are and what our music is," Chaeyoung said confidently

"We're not going to let any pressure get to us," Chaeyoung said to Lisa "You're Lisa Manoban, the main dancer of Blackpink! The hottest person alive that could probably burn the whole arena down just by dancing!"

Lisa laughed and jokingly pinched Chaeyoung's waist who just chuckled at her before looking at Jisoo

"And of course let's not forget our main visual and lead singer, the glue of our team" Chaeyoung smiled softly at Jisoo "You will not let language be a barrier between you and our fans. Let our music be your way of communication and understanding will come. Besides I love your English Jichu, you say it so cutely that you're almost doing aegyo"

Jisoo couldn't help but blush and even pout a bit "Yah! I'm not doing aegyo! Stop that!"

"Finally..." Chaeyoung looked at Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, eyes getting bolder and being the Jennie Kim of Blackpink "Our main rapper, the one who always gets the crowd hype by her y moves and lines" 

"As it should" Jennie scoffed before smiling ily and a playful glint in her feline eyes "I love how responsive our blinks are"

"Without any of us, Blackpink is nothing...but with all of us together" 

Chaeyoung let go of her arms around them and put one hand down, speaking so confidently as if she was the designated leader of the group

"We'll make the world black and pink with our passion and skills" 

The three members looked at each other and slowly put their hand on top of Chaeyoung's; Jennie still smiling ily, Jisoo with her stoic but confident face, and Lisa with a teasing smirk 

The manager watched in amazement at how Chaeyoung managed to bring out the Blackpink side of them, it was like watching them perform when they were not even performing!

"1,2,3!" Chaeyoung started then they all said 

"Hoh~"

The manager chuckled at their unusual cheer but the fire bought back in their eyes is there, and will probably stay there as long as they're together. She looked at the confident Chaeyoung and could only whisper to herself

"Well...looks like I won't be pep talking you especially since you'll be the one leading the group soon, not just for your mastery of the language English" The manager continued "But for your magical voice that I just knew that the people in your world tour would love...good job Rosé"

Their manager looked at them with eyes somewhat glassy; it was like watching there was a shadow of pre-debut Blackpink behind them right now; the ones with their Whistle outfit, Boombayah, Playing with Fire, As If It's Your Last, DDU-DU-DDU-DU, and now...

Their Kill This Love verson.

The manager turned around to not let the girls see a tear slip by the eyes of the manager and just whispered with pride

"Now go and take over the world Blackpink"


They were now in a recording studio, talking about the songs that will be put in their new EP.

"So, we'll have Kill This Love as your title track for your new comeback" Teddy explained and started to explain what the song is all about

"It's like a festival kind of song, drums, trumpets, and bombs, you name it" 

The girls chuckled at their best producer as they prepare themselves to listen to the music of the song before singing their verses.

"I bet this will be another hit" Lisa whispered to the members

"Of course, it will be because we're Blackpink" Chaeyoung said with a confident smirk.

The three girls looked at each other for a moment and could only agree on one thing

"The mood pill is back again..."

They weren't sure what kind of mood Chaeyoung is in, but it makes her oddly more attractive...no, more like she's been acting like Rosé lately rather than Chaeyoung. 

And we all know what the difference between the two are (Flashback to Blackpink's first picture on their debut where everyone thought that Rosé is the main rapper)

"Okay girls, here's the sample"

They were confused for a while about why Teddy is...picturing them on his phone?

Then they finally got their answer in a split second.

Loud drums and trumpets suddenly started booming loudly in their speakers making the four girls jump in surprise and hold their chests in shock at the sudden intro. Jennie almost looked like a cat suddenly jumping as she latched unto Chaeyoung.

"Yah oppa!" Lisa pouted seeing Teddy laughing his off and they now realized that he was videoing them, not picturing.

"Delete that oppa!" Jennie whined while secretly enjoying being at Chaeyoung's arms who was looking at all of them amused.

"Never!"

Jisoo shook her head "Aish...YG family can be such crackheads sometimes" She bobbed her head at the beat and could honestly say

"But this is kind of lit don't you think?" Jisoo added before smiling evilly "Imagine blinks listening to our songs at max volume then Kill This Love was the next one"

Chaeyoung giggled and bumped her shoulder with Jisoo's "Stop making fun of our blinks!"

Jisoo giggled "It's how I show I love them" She smirked

"Well, we all know who's going in first when it comes to title tracks" Teddy finally finished laughing and gestured for them to finally start recording. 

Monkey, Rabbit, and Chipmunk looked at Cat who just hissed at them trying to be threatening when she was not. 

"Go now you big baby," Chipmunk said, unwrapping her arms around the Cat who just whined at being first again and clutched harder to Chipmunk.

"Why am I always the first" Cat muttered before finally standing up and entering the recording studio.

"Because you're Blackpink's center," Chipmunk said cheekily

Teddy chuckled "She's been clingy to you Chaeyoung, am I missing something here?"

Rabbit just rolled her eyes "Just Jendeukie being Jendeukie" She said nonchalantly

Monkey just moved towards the other side of Chipmunk and proceeded to cuddle with her

"Yah Limario!"

"Not listening!"

"Why am I being used as a rag doll..."

Teddy shook his head but he has to admit, he loves working with these girls as they make his job much more fun because they always act like this, Not to mention he was always impressed by how passionate they are in their music.

"These girls are going far...I won't be surprised if they would be producing or writing their own music in the future"

With that, Blackpink is on its way toward world domination once again.


Blackpink is currently practicing their new dances, specifically Kill This Love and Don't Know What To Do. Right now though, they're wrapping up the dance practice video of DKWTD.

They also changed their hair colors (hairstyle for Jennie) with Lisa having some kind of ash gray color, Jisoo with a tinted red, and Rosé with her now blonde hair (The start of the iconic blondsé)

Jennie decided to cut her hair shorter and chuckled, suddenly reminded of her blonde wig in one of their teaser posters making blinks react crazily. 

"I can't wait to see their reaction in our comeback live" Jennie giggled upon scrolling through her phone and seeing the edited pictures of their photoshoot. 

"Stop fooling our blinks around wifey" Chaeyoung looked at her in amusement, drinking some water so naturally as if she's on a water bottle commercial.

"You know Rosie," Jennie said, admiring her hubby. She looks so good wearing all white and with her now blonde hair. There's this...aura of confidence that's just naturally coming out of the blonde. 

"You've been really going at it lately"

Chaeyoung tilted her head "What do you mean unnie?"

"You're more confident, and it looks absolutely good on you" Jennie complimented

Chaeyoung chuckled and gave Jennie a warm but soft grin "Well, who else is my inspiration for all this confidence I'm feeling right now?"

Jennie's breath hitched when Chaeyoung stalked towards her slowly, her hands burning Jennie's arm as if she was made up of fire

"Well Mom, looks like I love playing with fire," Jennie said in her thoughts

"Who?" 

Jennie, in her element, touched Chaeyoung's hand on her arm and squeezed it 

Chaeyoung giggled and said

"Our blinks of course"

Just like that, the atmosphere was lighter as Jennie stared at her incredulously. She looked at her two competitors who just got back after talking to their choreographer about something. 

"Did we miss something?" Jisoo asked, noticing Jennie's expression

"Nothing..." Jennie grumbled, stomping her feet like a child who lost her lollipop.

"Did you do something?" Lisa gave Chaeyoung the strange eye while the blonde answered with a shrug

"Okay girls, places! Let's do this dance practice once more and wrap it up!"

Don't know what to do is an...aesthetic dance and one that is really pleasing to the eyes of the audience. There are not many powerful moves like KTL and DDDD, but the girls really have to stretch their bodies and be much more flexible than in their previous dance practices. 

They even have steps where they have to lay on the ground while dancing!

Still, though, it was definitely something new to them and one that they really enjoyed dancing. But the most unique of them would be the ending pose.

The choreographer said bye to the girls as he along with the video editors watched the four girls dance splendidly as they always did. The cameraman and editors didn't notice much even at the end but the choreographer definitely did.

He sipped at his coffee and hummed curiously as they watched the ending pose for a few more seconds. His tactical eye and amused smile on his lips as he thought

"Strange...why does it look like the three girls are holding on to Chaeyoung so much?"

Lisa's hand was almost...almost at Chaeyoung's sacred part

Jisoo, with her fierce face, was clutching at Chaeyoung like a hawk on her prey

And Jennie...now this made him laugh. Even though Jennie was placed farther from Chaeyoung, she managed to land a hand on Chaeyoung's own ones as she posed elegantly, like she didn't just stretch her arm out to reach her target.

"Ah they're just really protective of their chipmunk member" The choreographer shook his head and gave his thumbs up before leaving the practice room.

If only he knew


Today is the day

 

The day of their comeback with just months being the difference between the two. Not only that, they have loads of tours to perform on, and the best of them all

 

Coachella

 

"Are we ready for this?" Lisa asked, in a rare moment of insecurity 

"We are Lisa," Chaeyoung gave the younger girl a warm smile, tinge with confidence "We're Blackpink; nothing is impossible for us."

"You say that as if you're the owner of this world" Jisoo shook her head in amusement "But Chaeng's right Lisa. You don't have to worry a thing."

"The only thing you should worry about is packing all our stuff back and forth again" Jennie whined, her hair still getting fixed as they only have literally a minute before their KTL live starts. She inwardly smiled to herself seeing that she was pairing with Chaeyoung in white tops.

Even though they're just small things, they really do matter to the cat-eyed owner. 

"Okay, girls! The arrangement for today's comeback live would be...."

Lisa, Jennie, Jisoo, then Rosie.

They all gave each other a nod of encouragement with Jisoo stealing a quick caress to Chaeyoung's back who inwardly smiled at the gesture as they cheerfully cheered at the camera

"Annyeong! We are Blackpink!"

With that, the views started going up at such a fast rate that most staff doesn't even bother to count it and just continued supporting the girls.

Yup, all will be certainly well for these girls...


So, I'm thinking...

 

If I should make a huge time skip? On the same timeline as the current year's Coachella. What do you think? Leave down your thoughts in the comment section below! I can't wait to read them after almost a year of going AWOL.