💧r a i n💧

b e a u t i f u l
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The skies were no longer the beautiful clear blue it had been some days ago. Even though the summer season had started and you preferred sun and warmth over the rain, a little bit of humidity to feed the vegetation didn't bother you. And especially not when you were spending such a cozy rainy day with your long-time crush, yes you guessed it, best friend too. He was really that kind of person that could make the tiest weather seem like something so amazingly enjoyable.

 

The rain was heavy and even though you were sharing an umbrella; your shoulder peeked out of its shield, and so it ended wet, though you couldn't really seem to bother about that when you couldn't stop focusing over the way his arm was brushing against yours. His fingers dangerously close to yours, his skin against your arm hot and soothing, and it took all of you to not straight up grab his hand.

 

You were aware of the fact that the close proximity was making you feel nervous, and the way the blood was heating your cheeks was visible from meters away, there was nothing you could do to stop it. Normally you'd feel comfortable around him, though it was in moments like these; when you were alone and in silence that you felt as self-conscious as ever. Even breathing would seem hard sometimes that in most occasions you'd hold your breath when he'd be closer than normal.

 

You hated that you had to react this way, it wasn't like you wanted it. Before it had been so much easier, not getting flustered over the least thing he'd do for you. But now, you just couldn't get your emotions together, they were just all over the place, maybe it was because you were a messy person in general.

 

The silence wasn't awkward at all, you were probably the only one being afraid that you were being awkward because of the thoughts that were rushing through your head, when in reality, Baekhyun wasn't paying attention to your red cheeks. Instead, he was looking ahead of himself with a thoughtful expression on his face, brows knitted together, his black hair slightly damp.

 

Only when you managed to calm down you could look at him from the corner of your eyes, as always admiring his sharp features, yet somehow they'd turn soft whenever he smiled. His hair made him look even more handsome and mature when it was wet and you couldn't help that thought when it came through your head. Baekhyun seemed to have noticed your stare and so looked back at you with a certain intensity that you had never seen before, and the new expression on his face made you forget how to breathe once more. Everything around you out but him, the soft pattering of the rain and your own heartbeat echoing inside of your ears.

 

H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter