🌙d.i.n.t.m🌙

b e a u t i f u l
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We get it on almost every night,

The night was still young when you joined the mass of bodies rocking to the rhythm for the 4th time this week, the air was sticky with a soft breeze flowing every now and then. Old pop hits blasting through the speakers together with the ocean's waves reaching the shore. The white sand was velvety and warm under your bare feet, you remembered having left your sandals somewhere near the shore before joining the "dance floor." There was sweat forming on your forehead, you could feel the cold liquid travel down your back, but no matter how unpleasing it felt, the excitement to dance rushing through your body made you forget all about that as you left your body completely away to the music.

When the moon is big and bright, it's a supernatural delight,

You hadn't come to the beach alone, in fact, your university classmate Baekhyun had accompanied you and even walked by the shore with you for a short while before joining some other old friends for a talk. Not long after you had jumped into the wildness of the dance. You didn't know how to label Baekhyun, he was a friend, and a little bit more than that. You weren't extremely close yet, for now, you were just two persons from the same group of friends. You liked him, he was a pleasant person, he had a soothing voice, a nice smile and something about him just lit up heaven inside of you.

Even while dancing to forget, you still couldn't seem to get him out of your head, your walk by the shore. His soft voice still echoing inside of your head like a radio. The picture of the two you walking close, closer than emotionally acceptable for your heart to handle, arms brushing together, hands almost touching, fingertips tickling your skin whenever they would bump into each other, replaying in front of your eyes like a movie, the most beautiful movie you had ever seen. And you wondered if that was the end, or if there was going to be more to it by the end of this night where the full moon was brightly shining down on you.

The thought of him was enough to make your heart tremble with anticipation, his name tasted so sweet on your tongue and whenever he said yours, there would be cold chills rushing down your skin. So much you liked him, it was so overwhelming that sometimes you would just force yourself to stop thinking about him. How was it possible to like someone so much, to bond so fast, with someone you had known for just a couple of months? You would ask yourself, only to have these questions unanswered.

Everybody is dancing in the moonlight, 

You hadn't drunk anything alcoholic at the party, yet the thrill of dancing and the careless behavior made you feel like it, so you didn't mind when a boy suddenly stood in front of you, rocking his body left and right as if he was inviting you to dance with him. You went along and danced closely as there were bodies moving all around you, making it hard for you to keep your place in front of him. You were almost in a daze when the blonde boy leaned slightly closer, bringing his mouth close to your ear.

"What's your name?" he said over the loud music and you didn't hesitate to give out your name, you figured that he was probably going to forget it the next day, his breath reeked of beer and there was an unnatural blush on his cheeks, you made a mental note about not sticking to this boy for too long.

"My name is Y/-" you started, but got cut off by a hand grabbing your wrist; dragging you out of the dancing crowd, you stared at the dark haired boy with wide eyes, only to realize it was Baekhyun. There was a frown on his face, his ice blue eyes piercing right through your soul.

"Why did you do that?" You didn't really care that he had just interrupted your conversation with someone, moreover, you were curious about the reason, a little flame of hope bursting inside of you, that maybe just maybe, there would be some kind of passion for you burning in him, at least for tonight, for this beautiful movie to be complete when you'll dream about it all over again at night.

"You're my date tonight, you can't dance with other boys." He stated matter of factly, your heart skipped a beat, though you kept the control of your facial expressions and gently pulled your hand out of his grip, as much as you would rather keep it in his hold, you couldn't just let him get away with everything, you couldn't be the only one wishing for him, he had to wish for you too first.

"I may remind you that you left me on my own for some other people, can't I have some fun too?" you said with a pout, a little hint of challenge in your voice. You didn't know if it was your eyes playing games on you or not, but there was a light blush on his cheeks, his brows meeting into a frown on his face.

"Well yes but..." he muttered, the confidence from before slowly slipping out of his hands, and you liked it, the effect you had on him. Maybe you meant something?

"But...?" you insisted while trying to suppress the smirk from growing on your lips by pressing them into a thin line.

"Still, okay? Don't be silly." Baekhyun shot back, gripping your wrist once again and headed off somewhere, that's when you smiled, shaking your head slightly.

"Okay, okay." you chuckled, letting him take you wherever, you didn't feel the need to ask anything, not around him, because everything would be much more magical when having no knowledge over the next happenings. The entire time your heart was beating crazily fast in your chest, you could hear it echoing in your ears and for a moment you feared that he would be able to hear it too, the blood rushed to your face without you even being able to control it. Being embarrassed in two would be awkward, but being embarrassed by yourself without the other one not even noticing was on a whole other level of awkward.

A quiet gasp escaped your lips when you felt his cool fingertips travel ever so slowly, almost hesitantly down to your hand. Caressing your palm before reaching your fingers, his own threa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter