🎄hey mommy!🎄

b e a u t i f u l
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

23rd December, when the roads are coated in glittering untouched snow, the snowflakes still falling from the ground with their own tempo. The dark winter nights are always enlightened by the Christmas decorations of each neighborhood.

The Christmas movie's credits had just started rolling when the clock ticked ten in the evening, Baekhyun stood up from the couch and put his hands on his hips.

"That's it for today my prawns, let's go to bed." The three kids on the sofa started whining in protest as the thrill for Christmas was really getting to them, tomorrow was Christmas eve and they were so excited that the sleep wouldn't just hit them yet. Naturally, they wanted to stay up the whole night just to get to see Santa bring the much-awaited gifts.

"But dad!" The oldest one, Gina, called, Baekhyun crouched in front of them, small glints sparkled in his eyes as he gestured for the three of them to come closer. Immediately intrigued with whatever their father was going to say, they crawled to him with expectant faces, their eyes were like big question marks.

"You know, if you don't sleep early, Santa won't be able to come!" Baekhyun made sure to empathize every word to increase the magic. Their cheeks flushed red with excitement and Baekhyun couldn't help but break into a cheesy, affectionate smile at the sight. The kids finally agreed to go to bed and Leo, the youngest male reached out his arms, waving them frantically in front of his dad, making him chuckle heartily at the silly behavior. Without further ado, Baekhyun picked Leo up and placed him on his hip, a hand gently brushed away some lost strands of his caramel hair from his face to make sure it didn't land into the eyes.

The other two jumped down the sofa, Gina went to hold his free hand while Lisa went for grabbing a handful of his shirt.

"Let's go give mom a good night kiss," And that's how they all ended up in your shared bedroom, excitedly jumping on the large, soft bed, standing in line to give you their usual little kiss. Each of them went for an affectionate hug directly after, probably so they could stay awake for just a few minutes longer.

"Alright, now it's my turn!" Baekhyun announced while crawling on the bed, knowing how much it would make the kids flustered to see you act romantic together. He stopped in front of you and you gladly circled your arms around his neck when he dipped his head to lock your lips for a short kiss. The kids screeched and instantly left the bed, their faces red with embarrassment, the two of you ended up smiling against each other's lips, teeth meeting the slightest.

"You're the best," you mumbled against his mouth which made him smile wider and eventually press his lips to yours once more, his hand rested gently on your cheek as he deepened the kiss.

"I'll go see if the kids went to bed," he murmured breathlessly, his sweet eyes gazed affectionately into yours and on his lips was a playful smirk that you had in your early relationship gotten very familiar with, you nodded with a cheeky smirk that he seemed to absolutely love because his lips landed on yours again without warning.

"I'll be right back," He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively before not so gracefully rolling off the bed and rushing to see what your children were up to. You shook your head at him although the smile on your face said something completely different. The tension in the house was so relaxed lately, the kids being so exalted for Christmas made the vibe so much more effectual. The sole thought that you would be able to spend another holiday with your little family was enough to make an inexplicably sweet feeling swell in your chest.

You couldn't just wait to see your kids' reaction while opening the gifts that you and Baekhyun bought for each of them, your hands already itched to grab the camera and capture as many memorable moments as possible, so that you could later print them out and put in an album.

 

When Baekhyun stood by the bedroom that Gina, Lisa, and Leo shared, he frowned at the sight of the switched off lights. Without hesitating, he pushed the door open and leaned against the wall with his arms crossed against his chest.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter