💖l o v e f i l t e r💖

b e a u t i f u l
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Your teeth grit together into a screech when you saw Hogwarts' prettiest student, Haeri, approach your best friend Baekhyun with a confident grin on her face, lashes already batting in a dolly way, her hands quickly buttoning down a couple of buttons of her shirt, mustering her perfect cleavage to the world, or to Baekhyun, to be more specific. A disgusting scowl formed onto your face as she did that and you couldn't care less if she saw you looking at her in that way, anything to scare her off at this point. It wasn't the first time she approached Baekhyun, she had been following him for a good while, and while Baekhyun wasn't the least fazed by her very hard tries, there you were always staring at them from a distance with your read ears fuming with irritation.

It wasn't like Baekhyun wasn't allowed to interact with other girls, but out of every girl in this castle-like of a school, he had to accept her as his other company. Nothing had ever made you as angry as the view of Baekhyun talking with the fakest girl- or maybe you were just jealous of her looks, the things that she had and you didn't, you reasoned, but quickly shook that thought away, you weren't jealous, what was there to be jealous bout anyway? Baekhyun was just talking to another girl that wasn't you, and to your satisfaction, she would never steal your spot as his best friend.

Your eyebrows bent into a frown when you noticed how Haeri fiddled with two bottles behind Baekhyun's back, skillfully pouring the very suspicious pink liquid into what looked like a harmless beverage bottle, and immediately alarms bells ringed in your head and you quickly raised from your spot, advancing towards them with your heart beating anxiously in your chest. There was only one type of potion that had the pink color, the Love Filter. You should have expected such an act from Haeri, desperate as she was for Baekhyun's interest, that she painfully obviously wasn't getting.

No, no no, nononoo!

She was faster than you and when you were just halfway to them, Baekhyun had already accepted the drink from her with a grateful smile on his annoyingly adorable face, wait, did you just admit he was cute? Shaking your distracting thoughts away from your head you let out the biggest screech ever when Baekhyun's lips connected with the bottle.

"Baekhyun! NO!" Too late.

You felt your heart drop deep inside of you when the bottle dropped from his hand and his arms opened for Haeri to step into, adoration shining in his black orbs. The ache in your chest was so unbearable that you frowned at your own feelings, why were you so disappointed in what had just happened, was it because you just genuinely didn't like Haeri, or maybe was there something more to it? You were supposed to laugh your off at how Baekhyun had fallen into the trap of the girl that he lowkey was starting to get annoyed at. But what you were feeling was far from fun.

Baekhyun seemed to have magically noticed you standing there with the most horrible look on your face, and he pecked Haeri's cheek sweetly before excusing himself and running up to you, No, the kiss was the last drop, you weren't only feeling extremely sad for who knows what reason, the sneaky smirk Haeri sent you made your blood boil inside of your veins and your hands instantly balled into fists.

"Y/n! What's up?" Baekhyun cheerfully greeted, only making you feel worse.

"Nothing," You spat in his direction, he eyed you with concern at the sudden bitterness dripping off your words, a hand landing on your shoulder.

"Wow, are you okay?" Well does it look like it?, stupid Baekhyun.

You mustered the most genuine smile you could manage, despite that it looked more forced than Haeri desperately shoving her chest into boys face for attention.

"I'm totally fine, don't you see?" You grit out through your smile, pushing Baekhyun's hand off your shoulder, fixed the yellow and red scarf around the neck before walking away, half expecting him to come after you, but you were only to be disappointed once again when you looked back just to see him already lost in the company of Haeri. His hands resting on her hips, a flirty smirk on his lips, something that you had only seen him do when he teased you. And it felt absolutely infuriating to see him look at her, with that kind of eyes. Haeri's hands were playing with his hair at the nape of his neck, a scowl covered your face as you spit out a colorful sentence of insults. Before you could leave, the girl

"Snake." You hissed in her direction, barely stopping yourself from sprinting to her and shove your middle finger in her face and leave a very accurate imprint of your finger on her endless layers of makeup.

***

Your fingers were turning white as you clenched your tray of food, scanning mess hall with your eyes, searching for a good seat at the long tables. A familiar voice called your name and your ears perked up in the direction of his tone. Soon your eyes found Baekhyun waving you over with a smile on his face, his round glasses slipping down the bridge of his nose as he did so, a smile almost formed on your lips before you saw Haeri next to him, shoving a mouthful of food towards him, which he gladly accepted after noticing her. You felt forgotten by him at that moment, it was like you stopped existing the moment Haeri would come into his view, without a second thought you walked in his opposite direction, almost startled by the fact that there was a hard lump in your throat.

Because of that; you didn't get to see Baekhyun's disappointed expression when he turned around again, only to see you gone from the current spot.

***

It had only been three days since you last talked to your best friend, and so far, it had been the worst three days of your whole existence, you hadn't expected that the distance from Baekhyun would be so painful, yet you thought to yourself that it would always better than to see him with that little snake.

It was hard for you to admit for yourself what this kind of feelings meant to you. You tried to reason that it was only because you felt like Haeri stole your best friend, and with every right; you wanted him back. But deep down, a little did you know that the reason you were imposing in your head was nowhere near what you actually felt.

A little tear left your eye as it slid down your cheek, landing on the pillow pressed underneath the weight of your head. Stupid Baekhyun, you blamed. It was his fault that he always had to be so kind to everyone, it was his fault that every girl at Hogwarts literally would do anything to be with him, it was his fault that he was so handsome, his fault that he was stupid enough to accept Haeri's drink. It was his fault that you were miserably acting out of character and crying in your bed. It was his fault, that you liked him so much.

***

It was when you faced yourself in the mirror early in the morning that you realized how much you needed to get yourself back together. Your eyes puffy and crusty from the other night, a scowl made its way on your face as you harshly splashed water on yourself, as if it could wash away your miserableness. The more you watched yourself the more you felt how a vein was going to pop. You pointed your index finger at your reflection, teeth gritting together.

"You!" You growled with determination.

"Need to get your together that is! And today!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter