046

Lost and Found

 

 

“But appearing at a public event like this is okay?” Sammy asked as they walked towards the group of Kia executives. The company was holding an event for one of the newer car models, the Stinger. They were at a racetrack just a few miles off of Seoul.

“It should be fine, I mean, I told my parents I was going to take you.” Sehun said, Somin blinked at him as she held onto the skirt of her dress, it was quite windy outside.

“I don’t mean that, but for you. You hate the publicity.” She said as she looked around them, there was a huge presence from the media as well as quite a number of officials.

“No, it doesn’t bother me anymore.” Sehun stated as he shook off his blazer and handed it to her.

“Wrap it around your waist.” He grinned at her, Somin rolled her eyes at him before placing the blazer around her waist.

“The car is really pretty; can I get a black one?” She said jokingly, Sehun was about to reply when they were approached by the two elders.

“Of course, you can, director Park!” Sehun’s father said with a warm smile, Somin balked.

“N—No, I was just j—joking, president Oh.” She said quickly, Sehun’s mother chuckled.

“Abeoji, eomma, this is Somin.” Sehun with a smile, Somin bowed politely before offering her hand.

“It’s nice to see you again, president Oh and Mrs. Oh.”

“Right, who would have thought you’d end up dating my son.” The elder laughed before shaking the girl’s hand.

“It’s nice to finally see you up close, Somin-ah. You can call me auntie.” Mrs. Oh smiled before reaching to take the girl’s hand in hers.

“Me too, it’s nice to finally meet you, auntie.” Somin replied back.

“Well, come, it’s about to start. Let’s go to our table.” Mrs. Oh urged them, Sehun took Somin’s hand as they walked.

“I didn’t really mean that. I don’t need another~”

“Appa already made a call to send you one.” Sehun chuckled as he jutted his lips towards his father, who was on the phone. Somin bit her lip and looked at him worriedly.

“Relax. He’s bribing you so you wont leave me.” Sehun joked and gave her hand a small squeeze.

“Well, you are your father’s son after all.” She joked back as they reached their table, Sehun pulled the chair for her.

“I’ll go get you something to drink.” Sehun cupped her cheek briefly before walking towards the buffet table.

“Before anything else, Somin-ah,” Mrs. Oh turned to her, Somin looked at her.

“I want to thank you.”

“Yes?” Somin was surprised.

“My son, he’s always shied away from anything that involved his identity, actually, I haven’t seen him attend an event like this in years. His father is very happy.”

“I did nothing, Sehun decided~”

“You did. If it weren’t for you, my son would continue to hide who he really is. I’m glad he met you. You’re perfect for him.”

 

 

“As much as I’m glad that you’re back, but I hope you’d rest more.” Myungsoo said as he shut his laptop close, Somin grinned and leaned back on her seat.

“A week is too long oppa,”

“And three days is~”

“Oppa, I’m fine. It was really boring at home.”

“Still, I feel guilty about letting you handle all this.” He gestured towards the projects on the table.

“I can~”

The doors burst open, Myungsoo stood up from his seat quickly.

“You!” Hyun Misook was looking at her daughter with hatred, Dave came running behind the lady.

“Do you know what you’ve done?” She demanded, Somin exhaled and leaned back on her seat, refusing to face her mother.

“Run this company properly?” She spoke flatly, Myungsoo tensed.

“Aunt~”

“He left because of you! You spoiled ingrate!” She yelled, Dave rushed to close the door behind them.

“Daehwi left me because you were being too much. How could you destroy one man’s life over something so small, Park Somin? You already have everything; how could you do this to me?”

“I destroyed his life?” Somin snorted and stood up, she faced her mother.

“You’re an adult now, why do you keep on acting like this? I already let go of what you did, but now, you want to imprison him just because you didn’t get what you want?” She hollered.

“You’ve gone overboard, Somin, I~”

“For once,” Somin raised her voice, Dave’s eyes widened.

“For once, why can’t you choose me?” She finished, Myungsoo frowned and looked away.

“I’m your daughter, but you cherish him more.” She spat as she picked up her purse.

“The man you’ve been sleeping with has been stealing from this company to feed his woman and child, so for ’s sake, wake up.”

“S~”

“And, you can check with Dave. He has a daughter, and the money you’ve been giving him, it’s all going to that girlfriend of his.” She said before walking out of the room.

 

 

Chanyeol slid down from his car and headed for the building’s entrance, he was about to take his phone out to call Somin when he saw Myungsoo step out of the elevator.

“You’re here for Somin, right?” Myungsoo spoke as he approached him.

“I am, is she in her office.”

“Chanyeol, she left a few minutes ago. It…was bad.” Myungsoo said carefully, Chanyeol paused.

“Did something happen?”

“It was her mother…she barged in while we were having a meeting, it..was a big fight. I’ve been trying to call her, but she wont pick up.”

Chanyeol bit his lip, he saw Dave making his way towards them.

“I just called one of her guards, the director is heading over to laywer Oh’s office, sir.”

Myungsoo sighed in relief, Chanyeol nodded.

“It was really bad, sir. I’ve never seen director Park talk to her mother like that.”

“She was talking out of anger, it might be smart not to get in her way now.” Myungsoo murmured to himself.

“An unstable Somin. She’s like a ticking bomb right now.”

 

 

Somin the side of her lips as she got in the elevator, she closed her eyed as she leaned her head on the wall.

She felt fresh warm tears roll down her cheeks and she hurriedly wiped them away when the doors opened, she made her way out of the machine and headed for the familiar halls of Choi and Min’s top floor. She took deep breaths as she tried to keep it together. it was all just too much, her mother was so hard to reason with. And she couldn't understand why it was so hard for her to see the truth.

Was she really an unreliable daughter in her mother's eyes? Was she really nothing to her mother now?

Just nothing?

“Director,” Sehun’s secretary greeted her as she brushed past him, then she paused and faced him.

“Is he in?” She asked, her voice soft.

“Yes, he just got out of a meeting, director.” He nodded politely, Somin thanked him and walked towards the double doors that had Sehun’s name on it.

Somin pushed the doors forward, she was about to toss her purse on one of the leather couches when she looked up.

Minhee had her arms around Sehun’s neck while their lips were pressed together. And then Sehun saw her, his eyes widened as he pushed the girl off him.

“Somin-ah, I~”

Somin exhaled and shook her head.

“I seriously have no time for this bull right now.” She spat, Minhee looked at the girl and she smirked.

“Somin, you don’t understand,” Sehun walked towards her, but she took several steps back. Sehun froze, he noticed how her eyes were red and swollen.

“Somin, it’s not what you think. She~”

 

“ off.” She spat before turning away from him.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++