007

Lost and Found

 

Kai glanced at his phone as it started to ring, he walked back to his desk to pick it up.

“Sammy?”

“Something just happened.” She started, Kai gave the directors a nod and they left his office.

“What?”

He could almost hear her contemplating before speaking again.

“I was roaming around just now, I met Jaebum.” She stated, Kai stilled and his eyes went to the invitation on his desk again.

“O—oh, I~”

“And he wants to catch up.” Somin in that happy tone of hers that usually amused Kai, because the girl never really had that much emotions in her but, now it frustrated him.

“Are you stupid? Why would you meet up with him?” Kai replied.

“Look, I know you don’t like him, but I just think it’s nice that he’s willing to~”

“Don’t meet with him. You have nothing to catch up. He .” Kai said flatly as he faced the windows, he shook his head.

“Here I was thinking you’d actually be an adult about this, it was a bad breakup, yes, but things don’t have to~”

“You didn’t call to ask for my permission, so, we don’t have to talk about it. I don’t want to hear it.” Kai muttered, Somin paused from the other line.

“Kai, don’t hate him.”

“I’ll pick you up for my breakfast tomorrow. I already chose a venue.”

 

 

“The next thing you know, you already have people talking about how president Park took a girl out for lunch and even shopped with her.” Somin mused as they stepped out the elevator, Chanyeol chuckled.

“About what happened earlier, I’m sorry, Sam. I should have announced that you were coming. Or, at least made an announcement.” He said as he handed her the orange paperbag.

“It’s okay, oppa. I came unannounced, besides, you’re already planning that party. What do I have to do just to stop that?” She said, Chanyeol shook his head.

“I want to announce that you really are back and that you’d be taking the position formally.”

“But, that’s too much. A party and~”

“Just thank oppa for buying lunch, Sam. Stop complaining.”

“Thanks.” She rolled her eyes, Chanyeol smiled and just patted her hand.

“I have a meeting in a few, I’ll see you at the company.” He said just as a silver Jaguar XE pulled over by the doors.

“Is there anything else you need? A car?” He paused, Somin started to grin.

“Should I get one of those Kias?” She replied, Chanyeol blinked.

“Have you ever driven one before?”

“I was just joking, I’ll pick one up before this week ends, don’t worry.” Somin shooed him away, he gave her a wave before jogging towards his car.

 

 

Sehun loosened his tie and shut his laptop close, he leaned back on his seat and pinched the bridge of his nose.

After having a long talk with Jang Hoshik, the ert had decided to turn himself in since the intern he had harassed refused to settle and more females from his department stepped forward to file complaints against him.

All that was accomplished because Park Somin threw a tiny temper, he couldn’t help but smile to himself.

He was about to pick up another file when his phone started to ring.

“Jena?” Sehun picked up.

“Ya, how about we go for a round?”

“Tonight?” Sehun stood up from his seat and started to flex his neck, he walked out of his office and paused when he saw two of his fellow senior partners discussing something inside the meeting room. He walked closer to the glass doors.

“Yeah, I called up the guys too. It has been a while since we had a fun night, right?”

“You guys have a very different definition of fun.” He hummed as his eyes went to the screen in the room, he halted.

“Oh, come on, Oh.” Jena groaned, Sehun didn’t reply as he stared at the screen.

There was a photo of a middle-aged couple and there was an arrow pointing to a picture of a younger Somin.

“Sam.” Sehun murmured to himself.

The word between both photos read, divorce.

Divorce between Park Seonjae of Park Holdings and Hyun Misook of Korea Air.

“Sehun? Hello? Commoner?” Jena called from the other line.

“I—I’ll be there. See you.” Sehun ended the call before stepping into the room, he greeted the older males as he walked in.

“Oh, Laywer Oh, just in time. What do you think?” One of them asked as he gestured towards the screen.

“This is the big case you were talking about?” He asked politely.

“Yeah, apparently, the Korea Air samonim found someone, so she wants to divorce mister Park.”

 

 

“I’ll be there, unnie, don’t worry.” Somin nodded along as she eyed the Ferrari 458 before him, the employees waited for her patiently.

“Chanyeol did mention you were getting lunch together, but I got a tied up at work. I’m sorry.”

“Unnie, it’s fine. We’ll be seeing each other later; first round is on me.” She mused at the girl before giving the male a thumbs up and taking out her checkbook.

“It will be just like the old days then, you and Kai getting in trouble, and Jena will literally have to fish you both out of it.”

Somin chuckled before ending the call, she faced the male and handed him the check.

“It will be ready in a few minutes, director Park.”

Somin nodded and she started to look around, her eyes went to the different cars around her.

“This is weird, appa must have heard that I’m back by now, why isn’t he bombarding me with calls yet?” She said to herself, then she paused when a lady approached her.

“You’re miss Park, right? Park Somin?” She asked her, Somin saw the voice recorder on her hand.

“W—Well, I~”

“She’s here! It’s her!” The girl called out, Somin was about to react when she saw the crowd of reporters approaching her with their cameras in hand.

“What are you~”

“What can you say about this? Did you know in advance?” They started to throw questions at her.

“I don’t understand, what are you talking about?” Somin started to step back.

“The reason behind you flying back to Seoul, is it because of your parents’ divorce, director?”

Somin halted, her eyes went to the reporter closest to her.

“W—What?”

“The divorce. Is that why you’re back in Korea?”

Somin stood still, unable to comprehend what was happening, then she took out her phone.

Articles about her parents started to pop out all at once, she slowly shook her head before running out of the dealership.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++