021

Lost and Found

Jaebum leaned back on the couch and shook his head, he turned away from his phone.

“So, it’s really true? She’s with that lawyer.” Nayoung commented as she sat down across him, Jaebum exhaled.

“Nayoung-ah,” He sat up and faced the girl.

“Hmm?” She looked up from her phone, Jaebum bit his lip and paused.

“Is something wrong?” She asked him with concern.

“No, I just remembered I need to pass by my parents’ place.” He said with a smile as he stood up and walked towards the front door, Nayoung puffed her cheeks and nodded to herself.

Jaebum stepped of the condo unit and took out his phone, he made his way towards the elevator and waited.

He sighed when his call was rejected, he looked at the screen again.

“Somin.” He said quietly as the doors opened and he got in.

“No, this can’t be. You’re too good for him.” He said while the doors continued to close, he looked at his phone again.

“I can’t lose you, not again.”

 

 

“I’ve known you for only..a month or so, but I’ve seen you with three different Kia cars. Are you one of those fanatics?”

Sehun stilled, his eyes went to the girl and he shook his head.

“Company issued cars, Sammy.”

“Choi and Min? Kias? You’re joking.” She chortled as she picked up a napkin, Chanyeol brows rose and he looked at the younger male expectantly.

“Yeah, they only let my drive those because all I take pro bono cases. I don’t really generate much income for them.” Sehun said calmly, Sammy grinned.

“I don’t believe you, but I wont pry. It’s not my style.” She said as she picked up a croissant, Sehun nodded and leaned back on his seat, he glanced at Chanyeol who was grinning at him.

Somin was about to speak again when her phone started to ring, Sehun’s eyes went to the screen.

Jaebum

Sammy stared at the screen briefly, she was about to move when a hand shot up and swiped on the red icon. She looked at Sehun, wide-eyed.

“You said you didn’t want complications.” He spoke to her.

“Well, that was kind of my decision to make.” She blinked at him, Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

“As your lawyer, I kind of have a voice there too.” Sehun nodded solemnly, Sammy snorted and just went back to her meal.

“Anyway, now that you two are done arguing, Chaeyoung’s birthday is this weekend.” Chanyeol started, Sehun looked up from his plate.

“She mentioned something about a pool party. I’m down.” She nodded as she set aside the onions from her omelet, she then transferred them on Yeol’s plate.

“Should I get her a Kia? One of those hatchbacks?” Chanyeol mused as he leaned against the table, Sehun stepped on his foot.

 

 

“I mean, how could he do this to me? That’s my car.” Sominw as staring at her i8 as it sped away from them.

Sehun grinned and buried his hands in his pockets.

“Should we get ice cream? Or do you have other plans?” He asked her, Sammy turned to him.

“We hang out too much.”

“You mean, they leave you too much.”

She snorted and started to walk, Sehun smiled and followed her.

“Kai’s getting married, oppa and Chaeyoung unnie are getting serious, I have no one else to bother. Well, now, I have you, I guess.”

“Nope, not me.” Sehun shook his head at her, Sammy smiled.

“Look at you, Oh Sehun in jeans. A rare sight.” She said teasingly as they crossed the street.

“It’s a weekend, and yet I have to entertain a client.” He muttered loudly for her to hear, Sammy chuckled as they reached her car, she paused.

“This is the fourth Kia~”

“I know, just get in the car, Samantha.” Sehun rolled his eyes at her as he opened the door for the girl, but Sammy stopped him.

She slowly walked towards him and gently took off the baseball cap he was wearing, Sehun blinked at her, confused.

“You look younger when you’re dressed casually. I like it.” She mused as she put the capon her head before sliding in the car, Sehun shook his head and closed the door for her.

He paused as he glanced behind him, he noticed the male who was walking away from across the street, a camera was strapped around his neck.

He exhaled before going around the driver’s side.

“Would you mind if we hit up the mall for a bit? I just need to get these sneakers and gift for unnie.” She said as he started the car.

“I mind. But, fine. To the mall it is then.” He nodded, Sammy smiled and buckled her seatbelt.

“Ice cream is on me then, lawyer ahjussi.” She said as Sehun stepped on the gas, he nodded and smiled to himself as he maneuvered away from the building.

 

 

“So, Somin answered your messages?” Daehwi asked as he stepped in the office. The lady behind the desk sighed and shook her head.

“No. I’m worried.” She said as she pushed her phone away from her.

“Why? Isn’t she living with her older cousin. Chanyeol, right?” He asked with a smile as he walked towards her and planted a kiss on her forehead.

“Yes, her oppa has always kept her safe, but, this boy.” She pointed towards her computer, Daehwi followed her gaze.

“Ah, that lawyer.”

“Yeah, he…he looks oddly familiar.”

“You said he worked for Choi and Min.”

“Yes, a senior partner too. At his age, very impressive.” She murmured as she leaned on her desk.

“You’re worried about him? Why? Because he’s no one?” Daehwi spoke carefully, Misook smiled and shook her head.

“I don’t care about that, I believe my daughter. She said he’s way out of her league.”

“Huh. I’m confused.” Daehwi smiled and sat down.

“She respects him. Somin…Somin can be really picky with men.” She shrugged, Daehwi nodded, his phone pinged, he took it out.

“So, you’re okay with this Oh Sehun person?” He asked as he read the message.

Park Somin’s poking around again. She got your old address.

Daehwi clenched his teeth in annoyance before putti the device away.

“So, what does Sammy like to do? Her hobbies?”

Misook looked at him oddly.

“Well, like you said, I have to get along with her. I know she’s just being difficult at first, but, it’s fine. I can handle your daughter.”

Misook chuckled and joined him on the couch.

“Not a lot can do that, but thank you.” She kissed his cheek and leaned against him.

“Somin’s not really the type to stay out the whole day, but she loves window shopping. And there’s a huge chance that you’ll always see her at Samsung’s main branch. Kai’s office.”

“Her best friend, right.” Daehwi nodded to himself while typing on his phone discreetly.

 

 

“You had someone check your mother’s assets without her knowing. Should I be worried?” Sehun asked as they walked in a Louis Vuitton boutique.

“No, I’m just checking things, Hong Daehwi…he gets shadier and shadier every time I get knew info about him.” Somin replied as she picked up a small purse, Sehun nodded and looked around them.

“You look a little troubled, is something bothering you?” She asked as she faced him, Sehun paused briefly.

“Is it a client? Another we need to take care of?” She mused at him, Sehun shook his head and gestured for her to move along.

“Yes and no, it’s about a client. Not another ert.” Sehun replied, Sammy slowly nodded as she picked up another purse, she looked at Sehun. He shook his head disapprovingly, she set the bag down.

“What happened?”

“Well, this operations manager, she has a younger female assistant. Let’s call her Sunmi. Sunmi accidentally walked in on her boss and another man.”

“I’m assuming this boss is married?”

“Yes, and days later, Sunmi was fired.”

“Heol.” Sammy shook her head as she picked up a pair of heels and examined it.

“I’ve been trying to reach their office, but so far, no reply. They don’t even want to submit a list of past employees. It’s tiring.” Sehun flexed his neck briefly.

“Get a warrant then,” She replied as she shook off her flats, and held onto his arm as she tried on the brown leather platforms.

“It’s not that easy, Sammy.” Sehun chuckled as she wobbled a bit, he held onto her elbow tightly.

“How is it?” She asked him.

“Will you really be able to walk in those?” Sehun asked as he leaned down to fix the straps on her ankles, the sales assistants halted and looked at him with dreamy eyes. Somin paused briefly as his fingertips brushed against her ankles.

“They’re cute.”

“Sprains are cute too.” Sehun replied as he stood up again.

“My mother’s curious about you, you know. She’s left me messages. How should I play this?” She asked as took off the shoes.

“How do you want to play it?”

“Sehun, please.” She groaned at him, Sehun cackled.

“You started it, Sammy. You were the one who kissed me.”

Somin was about to reply, she halted and blinked at herself.

“I know. I’m right.” He shrugged at her before picking out a sweater and handing it to her.

“But, you didn’t deny anything. I know those gossip sites have been contacting you!” She argued as she walked after him, Sehun smiled and faced her.

“If I deny, how would that make you look?”

“Well, I~”

“Just stop thinking about it, it’s fine. I’m okay with it. You do what you have to, just nothing illegal.” Sehun scrunched his nose at her and cupped her cheek briefly before walking the men’s section.

Sammy smiled to herself as she approached the footwear section again.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++