036

Lost and Found

 

“There’s something you need to know.” Sehun said as they stepped in the house, Sammy glanced at him as she took off her shoes. Chanyeol was calling them to the living room.

“Are you against my moving out too? Because Chanyeol oppa’s enough~”

“No, he means this.” Kai appeared out of nowhere with a paper in hand. Sehun exhaled, Kai met gazes with him, he pointed to his cheek. Sehun shook his head at the male.

What the ?” Somin’s voice echoed throughout the halls.

“Language!” Chanyeol hollered, Sehun followed her to the kitchen.

“Is this true?” Somin looked at her cousin.

“Yeah, it’s been all over the news now. And,” Chanyeol bit his lip.

“Let me guess, it’s connected to me too? Because Nayoung caused a scene at the party?” Somin sighed and leaned against the countertop. Kai looked at his friend, Sehun was reading the article on her hand.

“And, Sammy,” Chanyeol pushed his laptop towards her.

“When did this happen?” He asked, Sammy peeled her gaze away from the article and looked at the screen. Kai paused when he noticed how Sammy tensed up as she saw the photos, her eyes went to Sehun.

“Y—Yesterday.” She stuttered, Sehun took a closer look at the screen, his brows went up.

“He went to your office yesterday?” Sehun asked, the girl nodded.

“You were so quiet yesterday, he…” Sehun trailed off, Sammy closed her briefly. Kai mentally sighed and glared at the older male, Chanyeol cluelessly blinked at him.

“It was nothing, he~”

“What did he say?” Sehun asked, Kai exhaled and picked up the laptop, he pulled Chanyeol with him and the two left the kitchen.

Somin met Sehun’s gaze, she chewed on the insides of her cheeks. Sehun exhaled and shook his head.

“Since you didn’t budge me to talk yesterday, then I wont.” Sehun picked up his car keys from the table.

“Sehun-ah, I~”

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said quietly before kissing her forehead and walking towards the front door.

Somin groaned and ran her fingers through her hair.

 

 

“It’s never going to go away unless you really let go of him.”

Somin looked up from her bed, Kai strolled in with a cup of warm tea.

“Are you okay? The swelling went down.” He said as he sat across her, he gestured towards her cheek.

“What are you talking about?”

“Look, Sammy, I know that I don’t even need to ask about you and Sehun. Truthfully, you don’t need to tell me.” He said with a small smile, Sammy leaned back on the headboard.

“But, you can’t keep letting Jaebum disturb you. He still affects you, Sammy.”

“What do you expect me to do? He comes running to the office just to tell me that he doesn’t want to get married because he wants me to give him another chance.”

Kai paused, he snorted.

“How do I discuss that with Sehun, Kai? I don’t even understand any of it.”

“You don’t have to understand it, Somin. Jaebum doesn’t matter, not anymore.” Kai spoke, Sammy remained quiet.

Kai paused, his brows went up.

“Or..does he still?” He asked, Sammy shook her head.

“No. I don’t know how to….He wont go away, Kai. And Jaebum…Jaebum, I can’t exactly just toss him, he was once a friend.”

Kai puffed his cheeks, he glanced at the framed photograph on her bedside table. It was a photo of him, Jena and Sammy taken during the time the couple visited her in Singapore. Jaebum was the one who took it for them.

“Sammy, you have to understand. Sehun wont feel comfortable with that. Ever.”

“I know. I wanted to fix it on my own, because I know how he feels about him. I didn’t want to add another problem. He’s been handling everything for me lately.”

Kai smiled and mussed her hair.

“Of course he’s doing that, it’s you.”

“Kai~”

“Have you seen what high school delinquent Oh did to Hong Daehwi earlier?” Kai asked as he took out his phone, Sammy paused.

“Sehun met up with him?”

And then she saw the photos, Sammy balked.

“Nice, right?” Kai cackled, Somin just shook her head and smiled to herself.

“Sehun can handle all the about Jaebum, Sammy. You just need to be honest with him.”

 

 

“You didn’t reply, so is it sunbae now? Or just lawyer Oh?”

Sehun paused and turned behind him, he smiled before stretching his hand towards the lady.

“Minhee-yah,” He said as the girl shook his offered palm.

“I’m surprised you took the offer, I thought you were having a good time at your previous firm.” He said as they walked together.

“I was, then I realized, why not try other places? Choi and Min has always been number one.” Minhee replied with a smile.

“How about you? You’ve been gracing a lot of gossips sites lately, oppa. I’m surprised.” She said jokingly as they waited for the elevator.

“It’s kind of a part of my life now. Did they hand you the big cases already?” He said teasingly as the doors opened.

“Not yet, but I we spoke about that huge merger going on with HanSeo Oil and Surim Holdings.”

“I was asked to review that too. They~”

“Lawyer Oh?” Sammy was standing inside the elevator; she was carrying a medium sized box in her hands.

Minhee looked at the girl, his brows rose.

“Sammy,” Sehun took the box from her and ushered her out.

“I guess we’ll talk later.” Minhee said with a small smile.

“Yeah, welcome to Choi and Min.” Sehun nodded back, she got inside the elevator and pressed the button of her desired floor. Somin glanced at Sehun then at the girl.

“See you later then, Sehun oppa.” She gave him a small wave before the doors closed.

“I didn’t know you were dropping by.” Sehun spoke as they walked towards his office.

“I got you some cupcakes on the way.” She nodded quietly, Sehun glanced at her and he smiled.

“And, I had the photos taken down, the ones with Jaebum and I. And, Hong Daehwi’s office just sent me a note. Well, it used to his office.”

Sehun opened the doors for her, she walked in.

“And I’m sorry. I mean, I wanted to tell you, I just didn’t want to complicate things. He doesn’t affect me now. I just don’t want to talk about him because it’s uncomfortable and I hate talking about my past. Plus, I have so much to deal with right now. I’d rather not talk about an ex~” She spoke quickly, which made Sehun smile before intervening.

“He wants you back.” Sehun shrugged as he took out one of the cupcakes.

“Oh, so you’re not mad at me anymore?” Her face lit up, Sehun chuckled.

“I was never mad at you; I just gave you time to think. I didn’t want to pressure you into explaining to me.” He said as he took a big bite.

“Besides, I’m not really worried about him.”

Somin started to smile before jumping into the male’s arms, Sehun chuckled and supported her weight with one arm.

“I’m guessing it was another long day at work?” He chuckled deeply.

“I had three meetings straight, no breaks.” She mumbled back childishly.

“So, can we go back to where Hong Daehwi sent you a note?” He murmured carefully.

“He told me that after what you did, he’d be filing a complaint against you, lawyer Oh. Something about assaulting him.”

Sehun’s lips quirked up in amusement, Somin pulled away from him.

“You didn’t really have to do that. What did he say that got you so worked up anyway?” She asked him, her brows furrowed in concern.

“It’s nothing I can’t handle, miss Park.” Sehun pressed his nose against hers before letting go of her.

“Well, okay. You do you.” She eyed him briefly before sitting down, Sehun walked to his desk and took out his phone. He sent a quick message to his assistant before joining Sammy on the sofa.

“How are you feeling?” He asked her.

“Guess who just uncovered Hong Daehwi’s path of manipulating financial statements.”

“That’s my girl.” Sehun bumped fists with her.

 

 

“So, what did you do after seeing those errors?” Kai asked as they walked together, Sehun and Jena were tialling behind them, the two were chatting amongst themselves.

“Well, I had to check with the finance department, it was proven then that he has been manipulating the financial statements for almost a year now. I called Jaejoong oppa right away and he took it off my hands.”

“And that translates too?” Kai asked, the four were walking around Hongdae, searching for which restaurant to eat at.

“Korea Air will be taking legal action and, it will be out in the news tomorrow.”

“That’s why he’s after you, Sammy. He knew you’d be an obstacle. You’re stepping in the company and also, you going against the divorce.”

“I was right, he’s after my mother’s money.”

“Did you tell her? About those discrepancies?”

“No, I’ll let her find out on her own that her man has been stealing from the company. I’m playing it her way. And, since I’m already in the process of cleaning up her mess, I’ll let her explain this one to haraboji.” She shrugged, Kai bit his lip in worry.

“How about pizza?” Sehun spoke as he approached the two.

“Sounds good.” Sammy nodded and hooked her arm with his. Sehun’s brows rose and he glanced behind him again.

“Yeah, we should head over to~” Jena halted when Sehun suddenly pulled away from their group, he was marching towards the male standing a few steps away from them.

“What is he~ Oh!” Sammy balked as Sehun grabbed the male by the collar of his shirt and started to pull him towards the alley.

“You two, stay here.” Kai said before running after his friend.

Sehun exhaled as he pushed the male against the wall roughly.

“What are you~”

“You’ve been following her for four days now. I saw you last night too, with your camera.” Sehun spat, his tone had gone cold.

“Sehun-ah,” Kai reached him, Sehun’s grip on the male was firm.

“Get off me!” The man spat at him, Kai stilled as he saw the smirk appear on his friend’s face.

“You’re on you own now, dude.” Kai said before turning away from the scene, Sehun’s free hand reached for the man’s arm and then the male started to scream.

“Tell Hong Daehwi to stop it, because if he doesn’t,” There was a loud crunching sound coming from his arm, one his bones just broke.

“I’m going to come for him, and I,” Sehun let go of him, the male dropped to the floor while nursing his arm. He heard footsteps approaching them.

Two males in black suits stood behind the lawyer.

 

“I don’t play nice.” Sehun stated before buttoning his coat again and walking away from the now injured male.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++