014

Lost and Found

 

Somin was already dressed for work as she joined her cousin in the dining room for breakfast.

“You have a guest,” Chanyeol mused as she took her seat, Sammy looked up and her eyes narrowed.

“Hi.” Kai was beaming at her as he walked towards the girl.

“What do you want?”

“Did you forget about today? I arrived bearing gifts!” He said as he produced a bouquet of peonies and a box of red velvet cupcakes.

“Wow, what crime did you commit?” Chanyeol mused as he picked up his coffee, Sammy rolled her eyes and took the flowers from him.

“No, I did not forget what today is, and yes, I’m going with you.” She said flatly before picking up a slice of bacon, Kai grinned and mussed her hair before pouring himself a cup of coffee.

“Today’s the day, oppa. Kim Jongin’s gonna ask Jena to marry him, should I warn her in advance?” Somin was smiling as she spoke.

“Heol.” Kai eyed her warily.

“Well, I wish you luck, Kai. She’ll accept you.” Chanyeol mused back as he started to eat, Somin glanced at her friend.

“You look like you have questions, fire away.” She said before asking him to refill her cup.

“You were out yesterday, with Sehun.” Kai spoke, Chanyeol looked up from his plate and he smiled.

“Yeah, he helped me pick out a dress and we ate.” She nodded as she eyed her toast.

“Look at you, making new friends without me.” Kai teased.

“Will you continue doing this or do you want me to call Jena?”

Kai laughed and just placed more bacon on her plate.

 

 

Sehun took off his coat as he entered his office, the first thing he noticed was the back on his desk.

“Secretary~”

“It arrived just this morning, sir!” His secretary came rushing in.

“This morning? From who?” Sehun asked as he picked up the box, it had no address or anything, only his name.

“Park Holdings.” His secretary spoke, Sehun’s brows rose as he sat down to open the box.

“Are you really going to represent her, lawyer Oh?” He asked as he tried to peek on the box.

“I already said yes, and I don’t think it’d be too much trouble.” Sehun replied as he opened the box and he paused.

“What is it? Is it a bribe?” The other male said lowly as he walked towards his boss, Sehun shook his head and pulled out the item from the box.

And he started to laugh, his secretary halted.

“A…paper doll? Mini standee?” He murmured to himself, Sehun looked at the item again and set it on his desk.

It was a mini standee of Somin.

Sehun saw the note stuck inside the box and he plucked it out.

You can take this during those meetings, just in case they want me there.

P.S.: You should wear one of those three-piece suits to the party. You rock those. –Sammy

“It’s her, the young miss Park.” The secretary blinked, Sehun nodded and put the note away.

“She’s…very peculiar.” The male continued to speak as he looked at the mini standee.

“Samantha Park, really.” Sehun grinned before picking up his phone and the standee.

“Did the meeting start already?”

“Not yet, sir. Althought mister Park is already in the meeting room with lawyer Choi.”

Sehun nodded and left the room with the Sammy mini standee inside his coat pocket.

 

 

Somin was smiling to herself as she headed towards her car, Jena had accepted Kai. And the happiness she saw on her best friend’s face made her feel giddy inside.

True, Kai was sometimes a pain in the , but he’s Kai. The one friend who never did let her down despite his crazy antics.

She got in her car and sped away from the restaurant, she checked the time and her brows furrowed.

“They should be done by now.” She murmured to herself before dialing her secretary’s number.

“Yes, director?”

“I need you to check on Hong Daehwi again. I want to know which school he really went to, if ever did. And I want to know where he lives and where he was born. Scratch that,” She cleared as she stepped on the gas.

“I want to know everything. From bank accounts to his passport number and…everything.” She trailed off.

“I’ll have it ready by tomorrow, director.”

“What time was my meeting with the audit team again?” She said as she reached the building.

“After lunch, director.”

“Good.” She said before ending the call, it took her a few minutes to reach the building. She slid down from her car and handed the keys to the valet.

“Good morning, director Park.”

She smiled politely as she headed for the doors, then her phone pinged. She took the device out and she chuckled.

Sehun had sent a photo of her mini standee, who was sitting with him at a conference table.

The text below read,

They haven’t asked about you yet. I think they forgot about you. –Sehun

She shook her head in amusement before getting in an elevator.

 

 

Somin was smiling as she browsed through the documents with a pen in hand, Jena was on the phone.

“Yes, yes, that’s why I came home, because your fiancé needed help and a little push.” She chuckled over the line.

“And, thank you for accepting him, Jena. You’re the only woman who can keep up with that Samsung brat.”

“I had a feeling, but thank you for helping him, Sammy. It was perfect.” Jena sighed, Sammy chuckled.

“It’s Kai, Jena. He knows you.”

“Anyway, I just wanted to call you and get all giddy.” Jena actually was giggling, Somin shook her head and started to sign on the papers.

“Congratulations, Jena. I wish you and my best friend the best, and if he ever tries to make you cry, just call me, I’ll fix him up for you.”

“Hey!” She heard Kai complain.

“I forgot you were on loudspeaker.” Jena chuckled.

“Dinner at my place!” Kai called over.

“I’ll try not to be late. See you.” Somin nodded , she put her phone down and checked her laptop again. She flinched as she realized how hectic next week was going to be for her.

She was about to stand when she noticed the envelope on her desk, her forehead creased as she picked it up, she took out its contents and looked at it again. Her fingers hovered over Jaebum’s initials, she let out a breath before tossing it into the trash bin and leaving her office.

Sammy had her Celine purse on one arm as she reached the lobby, she spotted her car being brought around by the valet.

“Thank you~”

“Somin-ah,”

She stopped walking and turned to her left, her eyes widened briefly.

“Im Jaebum.” She blinked at him, at the mention of his full name, Jaebum smiled at her.

“What brings you here?” She asked quickly as he walked towards her.

“We didn’t really get to talk much at that dinner.”

“Ah, well…I was just about to head~”

“Are..you really seeing him?” Jaebum’s question took her off guard, she started to shake her head as she asked for car keys.

“I don’t think I need to answer that, especially~”

“He’s not even in your level, Somin.” Jaebum spoke without hesitation, Somin paused, her eyes went to him and she exhaled.

“What is it~” She paused when a familiar Kia sedan pulled over behind her car. Sehun buttoned his coat as he slid down, he ran one hand through his hair before walking towards the doors then he paused when he saw her.

“Oh, I was just about to call you.” He spoke as his eyes went to Jaebum, his brows went up and he looked at Somin.

“Somin-ah, I’m just looking out for you.” Jaebum tried to reach for her hand, but the girl sidestepped him, she made her way to Sehun’s car and wordlessly got on the front seat.

 

“Well, I guess we’re going now.” Sehun murmured before walking back to the vehicle.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++